Random Politics & Religion #24

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #24
Random Politics & Religion #24
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 79 80 81
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-24 11:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Perception of reality is subjective, reality itself isn't

There are personal realities (things as they appear) and then there is the universal reality (things as they are). The problem is that people believe that a collection of similar personal realities determine universal reality, as if the latest manmade logic of the day is somehow unalterable truth, even though it changes constantly.

Today's enlightenment is tomorrow's ignorance.

As Nietzsche would say "There are no facts only interpretations" Meaning what is true for you isn't necessarily true for me.

Doesn't matter. Society now dictates your morality, so you'd better keep up with the times and "evolve" with those who claim the intellectual high ground.
By fonewear 2017-05-24 11:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well according to the five stages of grieving. The Democrats are either in Denial or Anger. Next stage is bargaining then Depression and finally Acceptance. Don't look for them to move past Denial/anger.
By fonewear 2017-05-24 11:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There are personal realities (things as they appear) and then there is the universal reality (things as they are). The problem is that people believe that a collection of similar personal realities determine universal reality, as if the latest manmade logic of the day is somehow unalterable truth, even though it changes constantly.

As Nietzsche would say "There are no facts only interpretations" Meaning what is true for you isn't necessarily true for me.

Doesn't matter. Society now dictates your morality, so you'd better keep up with the times and "evolve" with those who claim the intellectual high ground.

Intellectuals are no fun they spend time too much time in their own heads. And not enough time drinking beer.
By Nausi 2017-05-24 12:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well according to the five stages of grieving. The Democrats are either in Denial or Anger. Next stage is bargaining then Depression and finally Acceptance. Don't look for them to move past Denial/anger.
They are in denial about Russian hacking which is actually the "bargaining" phase of the election loss.

It's like the movie "inception". Liberals are in 5 stages of grief within another 5 stages of grief.
By Viciouss 2017-05-24 12:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It didnt take long for nausi to move on to another conspiracy theory after the seth rich story died. I would expect nothing less.
By eliroo 2017-05-24 13:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

But her Emails.
By fonewear 2017-05-24 13:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump met with the Pope he asked them what's the deal with Catholic priests...Pope replied Mamma Mia That's a spicy meatball.
By fonewear 2017-05-24 13:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Also the loser that blew himself up at the concert was in Libya for terror training. Thanks to open border policy of Europe. It was probably no problem to get back into England.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4536624/Salman-Abedi-known-security-services-point.html
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-05-24 13:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
But her Emails.
Buttery Males
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-24 14:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

But her Emails.
See this is amusing to me. It wasn't about emails, it was about trafficking in top secret information. Minimizing it to but her emails is just savaels point of perception > reality hard at work.
By fonewear 2017-05-24 14:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Thanks to open border policy of Europe for having a valid UK passport and UK citizenship. It was probably no problem to get back into England.

You seem to be missing the point.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-24 14:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Why should they? Republicans stayed in denial / anger for 8 years.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-05-24 15:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

But her Emails.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-24 16:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like the CBO report is saying that the House will not have to revote on the health care bill. Time to see what the Senate comes up with.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-24 16:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
But her Emails.
Buttery Males

That is Anderson Cooper's autobiography title.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-24 21:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

New CBO score triggers backlash
The hill

Of course it does once the CBO report came out.

I read this CBO report, I didn't read the last one but remember that articles about the first one's report included savings to social security from people dying earlier.

This one didn't mention that.

There will be no Republican death panels. The private sector will handle those.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-24 21:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Intellectuals are no fun they spend time too much time in their own heads. And not enough time drinking beer.

Your speaking figuratively, I'm speaking literally.

If someone pointed a loaded gun at you and pulled the trigger, no amount of interpretation or belief is going to change the trajectory of that bullet.

Reality is immutable and absolute, all that changes is how we choose to interpret it. That interpretation is meaningless because the universe doesn't care how you interpret it. Whether you have consciousness or are a rock, the universe is the exact same.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-24 21:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks to open border policy of Europe for having a valid UK passport and UK citizenship. It was probably no problem to get back into England.

The dude was born in the UK, there was absolutely nothing about open border policy that let him back in, he was a citizen. Should he have been caught? Well, would've been nice, but EU-rules, open borders, etc. had absolutely nothing with that. If anything was going to stop this attack, it would be going farther into the slippery slope of invading civil liberties by the government.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-24 21:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

And if Nietzsche designed a bridge then a lot people would of died.

Take a moment and look around you, all that *stuff* you see only works if reality is immutable. The moment reality becomes subjective then the universe implodes and pops out of existence. This isn't an exaggeration, the universe functions with a very specific set of constants that describe pretty much everything.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/Tables/funcon.html

A simple one is the speed of light, if it was just slightly imperceptibly slower then the universe would of never been able to expand and steller fusion wouldn't be possible. If it's just slightly faster, then the universe expands too rapidly and subatomic particles never condense and again steller fusion and creation isn't possible. There are several others that function similarly, a little too much in either direction and *poof* everything ceases to exist.

So I'll state again, reality is immutable and not subject to people's emotions or perceptions. The human mind merely changes it's perception and that perception has zero effect on reality. One can one perceive a bullet to the head out of existence, no matter what Hillary would have you think.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-24 22:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

And if Nietzsche designed a bridge then a lot people would of died....
Would rate up 10 times on this line alone.
By fonewear 2017-05-25 06:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
New CBO score triggers backlash
The hill

Of course it does once the CBO report came out.

I read this CBO report, I didn't read the last one but remember that articles about the first one's report included savings to social security from people dying earlier.

This one didn't mention that.

There will be no Republican death panels. The private sector will handle those.

See that is the problem you read too much !
By fonewear 2017-05-25 06:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

And if Nietzsche designed a bridge then a lot people would of died.

Take a moment and look around you, all that *stuff* you see only works if reality is immutable. The moment reality becomes subjective then the universe implodes and pops out of existence. This isn't an exaggeration, the universe functions with a very specific set of constants that describe pretty much everything.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/Tables/funcon.html

A simple one is the speed of light, if it was just slightly imperceptibly slower then the universe would of never been able to expand and steller fusion wouldn't be possible. If it's just slightly faster, then the universe expands too rapidly and subatomic particles never condense and again steller fusion and creation isn't possible. There are several others that function similarly, a little too much in either direction and *poof* everything ceases to exist.

So I'll state again, reality is immutable and not subject to people's emotions or perceptions. The human mind merely changes it's perception and that perception has zero effect on reality. One can one perceive a bullet to the head out of existence, no matter what Hillary would have you think.

I will clarify the quote is more about truth in the philosophical sense. Not truth in the scientific sense of what is real.
By fonewear 2017-05-25 06:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
And if Nietzsche designed a bridge then a lot people would of died....
Would rate up 10 times on this line alone.

He couldn't build a bridge but he could grow an impressive mustache !
By fonewear 2017-05-25 06:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

The dude was born in the UK, there was absolutely nothing about open border policy that let him back in, he was a citizen. Should he have been caught? Well, would've been nice, but EU-rules, open borders, etc. had absolutely nothing with that. If anything was going to stop this attack, it would be going farther into the slippery slope of invading civil liberties by the government.

How dare you call a terrorist a dude that is sexist !

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2017-05-25 07:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Woke up this morning to news that a congressional candidate in Montana physically assaulted a reporter.
Why can't Republicans not be thugs, and instead be people of integrity anymore? I mean, it's an honest question I have these days. They're either thugs, or mentally incompetent.

Why do you care is a more important question...
By fonewear 2017-05-25 07:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I see I too was once someone that cared at about 15 I stopped caring and it really made my life a lot better. I suggest it to everyone that is a liberal. Free yourself from caring. Join the evil Republicans. We welcome all ex liberals !
By Nausi 2017-05-25 07:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

His parents weren't born in the U.K. Were they? One can make the point that immigrants aren't assimilating under the flag of cultural Marxism. 2nd gen immigrants are also a problem.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-25 07:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

But Libya is a wonderful land full of caring and compassionate people !
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 79 80 81