Margaritaville Retirement Community Opening!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Margaritaville Retirement Community Opening!
Margaritaville Retirement Community Opening!
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-04 14:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

1st Margaritaville Retirement Community Opening in Florida

Quote:
(Newser) – Good news, Parrotheads, Jimmy Buffet is cooking up something that, as company CEO John Cohlan tells the Orlando Sentinel, will allow seniors to "live the Margaritaville lifestyle as they grow older, but not up.” That's right, the world is about get its first Margaritaville senior-living community. ABC News reports Latitude Margaritaville is scheduled to open in 2018 in Daytona Beach, Florida. It will feature 7,000 homes, pools, live entertainment, a Cheeseburger in Paradise restaurant, a Five O'Clock Somewhere bar, and a 20-minute shuttle ride to a private beachfront. The $1 billion project—open to residents "55 and better"—is just the start. Margaritaville is planning Buffet-inspired retirement communities around the country.
I may move to Daytona....
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-03-04 15:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone I've ever heard of that ate at a Margaritaville was unimpressed.
By Ramyrez 2017-03-04 17:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Everyone I've ever heard of that ate at a Margaritaville was unimpressed.

It's a tourist trap. It falls under "good, not great, with a theme atmosphere for people who are into that sort of thing."

AKA: Rammie.

Though tbh, I didn't even go there to eat while I was in Key West last week; I've been there before and there are soooo many places to try down there I wanted to do new stuff. I did have a drink and buy a t-shirt though. Because it's still Margaritaville, and I'm still a Parrothead.

That said, if I had the cash come 60, I'd totally retire to a JB community and ride out what's left of my liver.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-03-04 18:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean stuff like the chicken quesadilla being tortilla, cheese, and canned chicken.