Forum » FFXI » General » Hanging up the scythe
Hanging up the scythe
 Asura.Bloodlusty
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Bloodlusty 2017-02-22 13:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi

Just wanted to post a few words to say I'm saying farewell to the game due to changes in my real life. I love FFXI and DRK to bits, its been a lot of fun getting the attention in-game and helping others along the path of darkness but things change and new interest's develop.

Last summer I finally got back into motorbiking after nearly 20 years of not riding. I got the bug again and recently bought my dream bike (Fireblade) which I cant wait to take for a serious blast once the weather picks up here. My job has me covering multiple areas in the factory now which has lead to phonecalls at home in the evening and my attention can not be where it needs to be in-game. My fitness has also took a nose dive over the last few years gaming, which has been made apparent trying to throw my bike into the bends lol

I feel I have taken DRK to 90% of its potential and hope I have inspired others to keep pushing, but also know it is a good time for me to say goodbye and move on.

Thank you for all the subscribers on my channel, and to all the special people in-game who kept pushing me to hit harder, better, faster ,stronger :)

I wish you all the best with your adventures in-game and real life

Peace
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-02-22 14:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bloodlusty said: »
Hi

Just wanted to post a few words to say I'm saying farewell to the game due to changes in my real life. I love FFXI and DRK to bits, its been a lot of fun getting the attention in-game and helping others along the path of darkness but things change and new interest's develop.

Last summer I finally got back into motorbiking after nearly 20 years of not riding. I got the bug again and recently bought my dream bike (Fireblade) which I cant wait to take for a serious blast once the weather picks up here. My job has me covering multiple areas in the factory now which has lead to phonecalls at home in the evening and my attention can not be where it needs to be in-game. My fitness has also took a nose dive over the last few years gaming, which has been made apparent trying to throw my bike into the bends lol

I feel I have taken DRK to 90% of its potential and hope I have inspired others to keep pushing, but also know it is a good time for me to say goodbye and move on.

Thank you for all the subscribers on my channel, and to all the special people in-game who kept pushing me to hit harder, better, faster ,stronger :)

Peace

Ah damn, Lusty...

I didn't know you super well other than you being in the EU LS we have mutual friends in but it was great to have you in our Discord channel from time to time.

Much respect for what you've done with your DRK and the information you've provided to those not at your level and skill (videos and what not).

Take care, man. You're always welcome to stop in our channel to shoot the breeze if you ever get a chance.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-02-22 14:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I know the feeling BL. Enjoy yourself!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-22 14:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Take care BL, enjoy the fun and freedom :D
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-02-22 14:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Take Care brother. It was fun. All the Best. ^_^/
By Staleyx 2017-02-22 14:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey BL have fun riding, bike looks sick! Always loved the videos you made. Take it easy
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-02-22 16:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bloodlusty said: »
Hi

Peace

Well well. It's been a bit blood I remeber seeing you on siren. I remeber getting my apocalypse and you were talking about getting it too. I remeber we use to chat about drk other things etc. Then if I remeber correctly you took a break for a little bit then came back. And I also remeber Scoppie talking about you when she still played. Accomplishments and moving forward in the game. Then Scoppie quit right after HNMLs died and aby was just done. She moved to 14 and we said our goodbyes. Then I started an endgame shell with 22 strong. I believe during this time I drifted away a bit not talking to you too much. Once seekers pretty much was done destroyed delve more of my friends moved on from 11. Then I went to Odin forgetting a lot of friends stil on siren. I always wondered how far you came then your posts ffxiah appeared. Then I heard about your videos showing how powerful drk can be. I was more then impressed but proud to see someone take a job that might not be the popular choice in recent endgame proving what it can do and become. And look at you getting all DRK legendary weapons let alone gear. Even if we didn't talk too much later in your career with DRK I am positive you have left your inspirational mark on future DRKs and people who love a certain job no matter of popularity. It's funny when people are asking me about drk or things to improve drk I send em to your videos. You will be missed bud.
[+]
 Asura.Bloodlusty
By Asura.Bloodlusty 2017-02-23 02:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks all
[+]
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2017-02-23 07:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Have fun Dark Biker :)
 Asura.Madone
user: Blackrock
By Asura.Madone 2017-02-23 07:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know ya but you'll be back, starts with some casual looking at forums then watch a few youtube videos, then read some patch notes then resub. But untel then take care and wear a helmet
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-23 08:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You were a great help to dark knight and asura DD and we're all better off because you took the time to delve into that part of the job. One if the nicest guys ever, and extremely informed. The great thing about this game is though we love it so much, it did have a place and it is just a game. I'm very happy to hear you're onto better things and you'll put effort elsewhere. But we've appreciated your community contributions and wish you the best. I don't think there's anybody who can rightfully say you won't be missed.

Brotherhood of darks
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-02-23 09:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cya Space Cowboy
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2017-02-23 09:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't know you at all, but I loved watching your YouTube videos. As a fellow career Drk, I wish you the best outside of the game. Be safe while you're out there riding!

I've never been able to permanently "hang up my scythe" yet. Game always calls me back lol
[+]
 Asura.Suppa
user: Supa
By Asura.Suppa 2017-02-23 12:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

See you again soon man, when you return

Everyone comes back!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Primex
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2017-02-23 12:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll be back! THEY ALWAYS COME BACK!
By Justuas 2017-02-23 13:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Farewell master.

Ps. Can I have your stuff?
By tarujedi 2017-02-25 09:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Take care Blood
By BilunSalaes 2017-02-25 20:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for your youtube content. Good luck!
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2017-02-26 09:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Be careful out there man. Never ride faster than your angel can fly. I've inspected the dirt a few times already this year. There's no failure - only success at finding what doesn't work.

It must be a DRK thing.

We were brought into this world screaming and covered with blood so why not ride motorbikes to increase our chances of leaving in the same way.

http://youtu.be/LRQyEBY5YjQ
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-26 10:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Primex said: »
You'll be back! THEY ALWAYS COME BACK!

"I went down on my bike, shattered my pelvis, lost my job and moved in with my mom"

from the thread a month from now called "returning player... picking up the sythe again"

see you real soon!
[+]