Domain Invasion Treasure Coffer Campaign
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Evildemon
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Evildemon 2017-01-23 07:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Seconding that Reisen/RuAnn are feasable, but adding in a third dragon doesnt work. HP Misareaux and use warp ring to get there, and use a tele-ring to get to Reisen.

Exactly what i been doing. grabbing some synth mats for leveling subs. warp to ru'aun after naga dies use ring to dem and wait for quetz.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2017-01-23 10:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Just to confirm...at this point has anyone seen anything other than the following as extra loot:
Ru'Ann: T2 upgradable weapons / Eschite Ore (no Abju, no Warder drops, no AA drops)
Reisen: Any upgradable armor (no upgradable weapons, or anything else)

Seconding that Reisen/RuAnn are feasable, but adding in a third dragon doesnt work. HP Misareaux and use warp ring to get there, and use a tele-ring to get to Reisen.

All 3 dragons would be feasible if people weren't doing just Ruaun and Reisenjima. Set Hp in Misaereaux, kill Ruaun. Then exit the flux, HP to Qufim and kill Zitah. Crag ring to Reisenjima and kill, then warp ring back to Ruaun and start over. You're still going to have to wait 5 minutes for the first dragon to repop. But people got it in their heads that Zitah is not worth it. So they screwed over the people who want to do all 3 for vorseals because now Zitah is taking so long to kill that Quetz was popping 5 second before we managed to enter Reisenjima. By the time we get elvorseals and warp to battle, it's over.
Everyone should just do all 3.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2017-01-23 12:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, so Naga died while I was fighting Quetz, then Quetz died while I was fighting Naga. It's awful. People are standing around waiting for 10 min at a time because of the disorder. They could kill 2 dragons in that time if they were just more organized.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-23 14:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

People need to organize a shout, similar to that one person during WKR campaigns who reminds the town/zones where the next train is going to. Otherwise, you have people killing bosses out of order and everyone has unnecessary downtime.

Also, I've noticed the people who are in Apurur/Yoran Unity aren't always getting their messages due to influx in the chat, so they have no idea where to start when joining, and they just blindly pick one. Kind of not their fault.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-01-23 14:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Not every player that is participating is going to want to do all 3 dragons, or 2. Some players don't "need" anything from the lower 2 zones so they stick with the 1. You simply can't control a server population, so no real point in complaining about it. Don't know what else to say, it is Day 1, just enjoy it while it lasts
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-23 14:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

if you really want all 3 spammable, organize a group doing SC-MB after the campaign ends

can still kill them in 2 min each well before repop and you'll actually be able to get some beads and see them load
[+]
 Odin.Draugge
Server: Odin
By Odin.Draugge 2017-01-23 14:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This event sucks people keep getting body pieces and i've been killing since event started and haven't gotten a single body.... SE hates me as always 1/256 on D.ring thats my FFXI luck lmfao!
[+]
 Asura.Madotsukii
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2017-01-23 15:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I went from like 60k silt to now having over 400k yesterday, even if I don't get an insane amount of loot I'm pretty stoked to finally have a more healthy silt bank. Though I certainly won't complain to see body pieces and the rest of the Valorous set which I don't have yet!
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2017-01-23 15:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Since my four weapons yesterday I haven't gotten anything from Naga, but I guess that's still pretty good.
 Siren.Obysuca
Server: Siren
user: Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2017-01-23 17:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Draugge said: »
This event sucks people keep getting body pieces and i've been killing since event started and haven't gotten a single body.... SE hates me as always 1/256 on D.ring thats my FFXI luck lmfao!

I know the feeling :/ been doing it since the start too and haven't gotten a single drop except Sanctity necklace and stones/eschalixirs, but I'm watching my whole ls get armor/weapon after armor/weapon.
By Pantafernando 2017-01-23 18:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Madotsukii said: »
I went from like 60k silt to now having over 400k yesterday, even if I don't get an insane amount of loot I'm pretty stoked to finally have a more healthy silt bank. Though I certainly won't complain to see body pieces and the rest of the Valorous set which I don't have yet!

What job are you using to get so many silt? SMN?
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-01-23 18:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Any job you can hit fast for a lot of crits is going to get the most evaluation. DNC, THF, BLU... I've been going RDM/NIN since I'm too lazy to call trusts.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-01-23 18:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also get a ton right now just from cping in zones. Pretty much constant blessings up + silt campaign means 4x normal amounts. Though not as good if xp campaign was on too. Was getting a good 1k silt per normal mob killed in reisin.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2017-01-24 02:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna go on a limb here and say the drops are near random

I get reisen and ru'aun gears for literally standing in front of the dragons and taking breaths to the face

from my limited sample (yeah yeah, come at me) there's no correlation between evaluation and gear drops
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-24 02:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »

I get reisen and ru'aun gears for literally standing in front of the dragons and taking breaths to the face

from my limited sample (yeah yeah, come at me) there's no correlation between evaluation and gear drops

LS mate did absolutely nothing in Quetz (dying in seconds, she's on GEO) and got herc vest. So this is confirmed as far as I'm concerned. Don't have to do anything but show up. We have participation trophies in FFXI.
[+]
By Calinar 2017-01-24 02:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If they didn't give something for simply showing up, the forum would literally explode from the amount of bitching "it wont spawn on my screen, i can't target, i can't get an eval, everyone but me got drops, i'm quitting, unfair, *** *** ***"

At least this way, people are "happy". 1% > 0%
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-01-24 02:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing alot less people doing this then yesterday, less of a hastle with less tbh.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2017-01-24 03:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing seems evident to me is that the drops (quantity and quality) are related to evaluation. Normally is. I often get 5~6 slots from a "normal" domain invasion, oftn 2~3 pouches of stones.

So far i never see any pouches and often i just get 1~2 slots of drops. Sometimes even 4.

But while i think evaluation nets better drops, there is the min drop, thats 1~2 slots even if you dont do anything, and it was always like that. First time i did domain i got to quetz at 1% and still got the necklace, that from when there wasnt any campaign.
By geigei 2017-01-24 03:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Higher evaluation gets more slots so i guess more gear drops, since i wasnt unable to target nm anymore and getting 200 beads i didnt get gear anymore.
By Pantafernando 2017-01-24 04:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Using /attack <stnpc> have been helping me a lot to target it. Blu spamming cdc have been netting 5k+ silts per 2 mins fight.
[+]
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2017-01-24 06:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

LS mate did absolutely nothing in Quetz (dying in seconds, she's on GEO) and got herc vest. So this is confirmed as far as I'm concerned. Don't have to do anything but show up. We have participation trophies in FFXI.

In that same regard I went afk and got a herc body sunday night. and besides that one body haven't gotten any body's a bunch of misc gear slots and some weapons but i've done like 80+ kills.
By geigei 2017-01-24 06:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I target luopans this way -.-
 Ragnarok.Graspee
Server: Ragnarok
user: graspee
By Ragnarok.Graspee 2017-01-24 06:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Having worse luck today than previous days: going on thf/dnc, good evaluations 12 runs of no drops but stones. For 13th run went to change to thf/war, came back late, couldn't target dragon, just spamming JAs got 900 evaluation and 5 lines of drops- all stones but still.

So now should my primitive mithra brain consider /war the winning factor or little evaluation ? :D
By geigei 2017-01-24 06:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well first run for today i couldnt target, just stood there, got herc feet and merlinic hood on mule, 0 evaluation. Previous runs doing ok evaluation got crap.
 Ragnarok.Graspee
Server: Ragnarok
user: graspee
By Ragnarok.Graspee 2017-01-24 07:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

16 runs with no item drop and then on 17th run: valorous mail. This is my 2nd of campaign and I wish I could swap it for the merlinic jubbah ; ;
 Phoenix.Jimie
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2017-01-24 08:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly, the less I do the more drops I get, got nothing for 30+ fights, stopped doing anything, afk watching videos, got merlinic jubbah straight away.
 Asura.Klesk
user: Shuri
By Asura.Klesk 2017-01-24 08:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Graspee said: »
Having worse luck today than previous days: going on thf/dnc, good evaluations 12 runs of no drops but stones. For 13th run went to change to thf/war, came back late, couldn't target dragon, just spamming JAs got 900 evaluation and 5 lines of drops- all stones but still.

So now should my primitive mithra brain consider /war the winning factor or little evaluation ? :D

After I read this, I spammed all my JAs (including azure lore) as BLU/WAR on the next pop and got Merlinic jubbah, which is my first drop. Of course RNG is RNG, but quite an interesting coincidence.
By Pantafernando 2017-01-24 09:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish we could get evaluation for successful synthesis attempts.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2017-01-24 10:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

One thing seems evident to me is that the drops (quantity and quality) are related to evaluation. Normally is. I often get 5~6 slots from a "normal" domain invasion, oftn 2~3 pouches of stones.

So far i never see any pouches and often i just get 1~2 slots of drops. Sometimes even 4.

But while i think evaluation nets better drops, there is the min drop, thats 1~2 slots even if you dont do anything, and it was always like that. First time i did domain i got to quetz at 1% and still got the necklace, that from when there wasnt any campaign.

All of my stuff is anecdotal so it wouldn't surprise me if evaluation actually does matter

I'll amend my point that there's no minimum evaluation required for gear drops --- it might be that higher evaluation shifts the probability distribution function (like voidwatch) or adds new drop slots (probably the latter)
By clearlyamule 2017-01-24 10:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd imagine the normal drops stones/lixers and the normal gear from those dragons as well as the slots for them are based on evals like they've always been but the campaign specific drop is it's own slot unaffected by evals
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8