Odin.Taffy
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-02-24 11:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Odin.Taffy said: »
Still wondering if the microcosmic orb event will be dropping AF upgrade job cards or if someone is just not articulating that it will in fact be empy seals again?
I'll confirm it for you on the 10th and you can resub and spend dem goodies if so.

The anticipation is killing me! I think someone made a pretty major typo and we can expect lots of I seals....
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Server: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2017-02-24 11:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
So now I'll have more bosses to comb through for the next few months.... Took my SP months to finally get everything from Fu (necks, rings, and glassy items). Now on Kin, and they're adding new bosses. Sheesh. Fun I guess, but certainly feel overwhelmed.

I still have an minor issue with that 20hr respawn on the canteen. Would be neat if they added Boss KI (clears) that gave you a percent decrease on canteen accumulation. If they add 3 bosses, would be 8 total. 8 KIs, 1 hour for possessing each KI. Means you could get 2-4 Canteens in a day, assuming you store one and maybe get lucky with portent floor. Then you could go later in the day when the canteen is up again.

Knowing SE, they will milk Omen as long as possible. Can't complain and say SE isn't giving us new content. Ambuscade is spammable daily with only a few limitations. Would be nice if they opened up Omen a bit. Got like 7 jobs to card farm lol ><

Currently, the only way to increase your canteen count is to get it from bonus chests on floor 3 or 5. Killing everything on every floor (for omens) seems to play an important role on chest spawns. I wouldn't be surprised if there's always 1 chest with the KI in it, however you're look at 1/18 to 1/6? (are there 18?) chances (depending on allowed # of openings) to get another.

We've had several "extra" runs from these. One time, we got it three times back to back....
By clearlyamule 2017-02-24 11:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Still wondering if the microcosmic orb event will be dropping AF upgrade job cards or if someone is just not articulating that it will in fact be empy seals again?
that would be a hell of a mistranslation from card to seal. And given we recently had the campaign for easier bcnms that dropped kupons for full sets of seals I'd say stop worrying. The odds of them making a new campaign on harder fights drop worse than the old campaign that's been around for like 3 years and then mistranslated it to something new is pretty low.

Running the jp announcement thru google translate still produces card while still saying seal for the actual bc seals
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-24 13:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Microcosmic Orb Campaign

Vanquishing certain monsters in the following battlefields will occasionally reward players with job cards and a variety of other items.

Bolded the operative word in this explanation. Knowing SE, "occasionally" will be about as common as a Ganesha's Mala from VW Vinipata -_-

Quote:
Currently, the only way to increase your canteen count is to get it from bonus chests on floor 3 or 5. Killing everything on every floor (for omens) seems to play an important role on chest spawns. I wouldn't be surprised if there's always 1 chest with the KI in it, however you're look at 1/18 to 1/6? (are there 18?) chances (depending on allowed # of openings) to get another.

We've had several "extra" runs from these. One time, we got it three times back to back....

And you would be very lucky. More often than not, on 2/3 pick treasure floors, its ALMOST ALWAYS 2300 gil or so. I've gotten an extra KI once in 60+ runs.

Seriously, why is gil a reward still?
 Asura.Avallon
Server: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2017-02-24 14:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously, why is gil a reward still?

To help cover the costs of using Waypoints around town.
[+]
 Asura.Zihi
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Zihi 2017-02-24 15:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

We're gonna cap Jobs cards using micromasmic orb VD on march campaing!!!
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-02-27 11:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone ever do a statistical test of mid-boss appearance rate to see if they are truly evenly distributed? My last ~15 runs haven't had a single gorger, which is an extremely low chance if it is even.
By clearlyamule 2017-02-27 12:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
Did anyone ever do a statistical test of mid-boss appearance rate to see if they are truly evenly distributed? My last ~15 runs haven't had a single gorger, which is an extremely low chance if it is even.
Don't think anyone has partly because everytime someone says they haven't seen Xnm in forever someone else has had similar experience but with a different nm and then someone else with 3rd. To wit I have only gotten Thinker once since the last update and only got it twice between that update and the one before.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-27 12:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Have not mapped or parsed any encounter rate data. But I can give personal anecdotal testimony.
Pre-update: All we ever got was Gorgers, handful of Thinkers, literally 2 Cravers.
Post update: Craver more common, Gorgers below average pop, Thinkers nearly 3/4 of the time (not an exaggeration)

Not very fact-based, and I'm sure for every claim of the pop % of one NM, someone else will disprove that with another claim. But my personal experience has been that Thinker is the more common NM with Craver right behind it. Maybe I'm delusional because of what drops I still need, though.

I'll say this, Craver dropping Nusku and Gorger dropping Kishar IS A MYTH.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-02-27 13:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I've found that I tend to get the midboss I want if I lean back slightly and raise my left foot off the ground before teleporting up to the 3rd floor. Please try it and post your results.
[+]
 Odin.Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-02-27 13:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have both Kishar and Nusku - definitely not a myth xD

We have seen pretty even distribution pre update but yet to see any craver post update. About even between thinker / gorger.

I had never seen a chest floor pre update - 3 post update.

Pretty sure it's just the RNGesus fooking with our heads.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2017-02-27 13:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Have not mapped or parsed any encounter rate data. But I can give personal anecdotal testimony.
Pre-update: All we ever got was Gorgers, handful of Thinkers, literally 2 Cravers.
Post update: Craver more common, Gorgers below average pop, Thinkers nearly 3/4 of the time (not an exaggeration)

Not very fact-based, and I'm sure for every claim of the pop % of one NM, someone else will disprove that with another claim. But my personal experience has been that Thinker is the more common NM with Craver right behind it. Maybe I'm delusional because of what drops I still need, though.

I'll say this, Craver dropping Nusku and Gorger dropping Kishar IS A MYTH.

Suckless then they all will drop! jk hay bookkie.

To add onto this, ever since the update, my group has only run into 2 thinker's and a split between craver/gorger and we've used every KI since. Since our group has almost capped on getting mid boss drops, and the only thing I be wanting are thought crystals, SE be like oh since you want that, we'll make it spawn less!

Thats my experience anyways.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-27 13:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Why don't you take a long walk off a short pier?
[+]
 Odin.Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-02-27 17:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I could use my Nusku as a raft and my Kishar to deflect sunlight to ships to rescue me.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-03-02 04:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
March Omen
・Increase the limit of maximum number of participants
・Increase the stackable amount for key items

Well this is intresting.
Omen becoming 18 man?
and more like abyssea
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-02 06:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The KI you can get increase from 1 to 2, meaning you can do 3 runs in a row now.

Increasing the number of participants is gonna be cool for cards farming, but don't forget objectives numbers do scale with number of people as well.
Knowing SE, the number of drop slots on bosses won't increase, making it annoying to farm items, but at least it's an option for people who want to bring players with worse gear, mules etc
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-03-02 08:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I could use my Nusku as a raft and my Kishar to deflect sunlight to ships to rescue me.

Die in a fire mate!!!
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-03-02 08:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

On our static runs Mid and endbosses usually don't drop anything anymore but scale, crafting mats and the occasional BST items ppl toss.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-03-02 08:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
The KI you can get increase from 1 to 2, meaning you can do 3 runs in a row now.

Not quite what I was envisioning but MAMA WE MADE IT

I still have an minor issue with that 20hr respawn on the canteen. Would be neat if they added Boss KI (clears) that gave you a percent decrease on canteen accumulation. If they add 3 bosses, would be 8 total. 8 KIs, 1 hour for possessing each KI. Means you could get 2-4 Canteens in a day, assuming you store one and maybe get lucky with portent floor. Then you could go later in the day when the canteen is up again.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-02 09:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
On our static runs Mid and endbosses usually don't drop anything anymore but scale, crafting mats and the occasional BST items ppl toss.

Yeah, I've been pugging 1-2 members a night and they basically get all the loot that drops. Brought in someones alt and they got all the Gin gear that dropped.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-03-02 09:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Quote:
March Omen
・Increase the limit of maximum number of participants
・Increase the stackable amount for key items

Well this is intresting.
Omen becoming 18 man?
and more like abyssea

Does this mean you may be able to form an alliance while inside ReisenjimaHeige? Split drops across multiple boss runs?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-03-02 10:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think 18 man runs will be absurd trying to get any cards.
Mini objectives will become nearly impossible to complete.

1. Make 54 Physical Weaponskills
2. Make 36 skillchains
3. Complete 54 Critical Hits
4. Heal 500 hp 30 times
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-03-02 10:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Heal 500 HP doesn't change with number of people (making it annoying to complete solo).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-03-02 10:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

2. Make 36 skillchains

4. Heal 500 hp 30 times

54 weaponskills should be insanely easy to do if you're using weak stuff like fast blade. 18 people means each person only needs to ws 3x.

Not sure where you're getting 36 skillchains from. Its normally 6, so 6 x3 (assuming its tripled for each group of 6) is only 18 skillchains. That's still annoyingly irritating, but we don't particularly know if that will scale the same way you posted.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-03-03 07:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So Gin is easy with a PUP 100JP, but looking to try new cats sometime soon. For Kyou, I hear people just let their tank die? For a PUP style strat, my thought was to have the puppet be sac'd but have the Puppet Master toss in flashes while the puppet is tanking and then pop new puppet after the 10k move and then ventriloquy to make the puppet the hate leader again. Do any groups stack for the 10k move and is it feasible?
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-03-03 07:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Our group stacks everyone in front of Kyou every 25% to split the damage so nobody dies. Some groups sac their tank but it's not necessary. 6 people + Luopan we have never been in danger of getting one shot, just make sure curaga is ready and you should be fine.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-03-03 07:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said: »
Our group stacks everyone in front of Kyou every 25% to split the damage so nobody dies. Some groups sac their tank but it's not necessary. 6 people + Luopan we have never been in danger of getting one shot, just make sure curaga is ready and you should be fine.

Thanks, my only fear with stacking was that it may do Meteor immediately afterwards, but that's not insta cast or anything right? Lastly, do you need to do any loupan positioning to get it in the front of the conal attack or on top of it is fine? Thanks!
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-03 08:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Phoenix.Brixy said: »

Thanks, my only fear with stacking was that it may do Meteor immediately afterwards, but that's not insta cast or anything right? Lastly, do you need to do any loupan positioning to get it in the front of the conal attack or on top of it is fine? Thanks!

Yeah make sure your GEO casts from the front of Kyou and that should line it up just fine.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-03-03 08:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It does start spamming things at <25%, and it will sometimes use Meteor or Interference near Unfaltering Bravado. It's a good idea to have DD turn and wait for a 'safe' JA (and also make sure nobody gets hit w/ curse) before pushing it's HP beyond the threshhold. Better safe than sorry.

Worse case scenario: yesterday it did Meteor > Interference > Unfaltering Bravado within a 5 sec window to us... that wasn't cool.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-03-03 08:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

2. Make 36 skillchains

4. Heal 500 hp 30 times

54 weaponskills should be insanely easy to do if you're using weak stuff like fast blade. 18 people means each person only needs to ws 3x.

Not sure where you're getting 36 skillchains from. Its normally 6, so 6 x3 (assuming its tripled for each group of 6) is only 18 skillchains. That's still annoyingly irritating, but we don't particularly know if that will scale the same way you posted.

You don't have enough mobs
18 ppl are probably 1/2 ~ 2/3 pug
coordination would be poor
backline jobs won't be doing Weaponskills.
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 61 62 63