Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-03-30 08:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahadir said: »
Sorry to continuously abuse this thread but is there a specific reason why I see most people talk about doing Leviathan on VD rather than any other avatar? I can see why ppl would try to avoid maybe Shiva (eg. to avoid Para) but why would you not fight Titan for example?

Titan uses Slowga and Geocrush is like Grand Fall with stun.
Garuda uses Predator Claws (3 shadows) instead of Spinning Dive (1 shadow).
Ramuh uses Thunderspark (AoE damage and pretty strong Para) and Chaotic Strike (3 swings and stun).
Shiva gets Frost Armor and Rush (5 shadows).
Ifrit uses Flaming Crush, but otherwise he's pretty impotent too.
Carbuncle/Fenrir still cost 15 merit points each, although Carby is pretty easy. Fenrir's Impact slows down the fight in my experience.

So I'd say the order of difficulty is something like Leviathan -> Carbuncle -> Ifrit -> Garuda -> Fenrir -> Titan=Ramuh=Shiva
[+]
By Bahadir 2017-03-30 08:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes sense. Thx for the nice list ~
Last question rq: Does elemental resist (eg barspells) help with the breath dmg from for example grand fall?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-03-30 08:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Elemental resistance only helps with damage if you get enough of it to start resisting. For a VD fight, I doubt a single barspell would be enough.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-03-30 09:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

myaihze said: »
I have a question about all this. The procing thing, can you just spam them in a cycle and keep the *** locked? Or is it proc until it does a move then you can proc some more?

You could get all procs up on 1st JA/magic as the proc window stays open while it's prod'd (you proc blue with your JA/voke then use some magic that will trigger yellow and usually Arciela2/Shantotto will proc red with their attacks being ws). I anyways advise to master the procs and use them at your advantage as the biggest issue, as BLU anyways, are usually AoE magics dropping shadows (*** you poisonga spam) and saving the proc for them will help a lot.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-03-30 12:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Bahadir said: »
Sorry to continuously abuse this thread but is there a specific reason why I see most people talk about doing Leviathan on VD rather than any other avatar? I can see why ppl would try to avoid maybe Shiva (eg. to avoid Para) but why would you not fight Titan for example?

Titan uses Slowga and Geocrush is like Grand Fall with stun.
Garuda uses Predator Claws (3 shadows) instead of Spinning Dive (1 shadow).
Ramuh uses Thunderspark (AoE damage and pretty strong Para) and Chaotic Strike (3 swings and stun).
Shiva gets Frost Armor and Rush (5 shadows).
Ifrit uses Flaming Crush, but otherwise he's pretty impotent too.
Carbuncle/Fenrir still cost 15 merit points each, although Carby is pretty easy. Fenrir's Impact slows down the fight in my experience.

So I'd say the order of difficulty is something like Leviathan -> Carbuncle -> Ifrit -> Garuda -> Fenrir -> Titan=Ramuh=Shiva

Procs make a bit of difference too. Since people mainly go the melee route, you'll never hit the pet procs unless you're drg maybe. Levi's pet proc is for ranged dmg so not being able to hit it doesn't hurt you at all. Both Titan and Garuda, pet proc is melee dmg which can make them drag on and increase the chance of accidents. Ramuh is added effect dmg which combined with stun can be pretty dangerous.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-03-30 12:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Procs make a bit of difference too. Since people mainly go the melee route, you'll never hit the pet procs unless you're drg maybe. Levi's pet proc is for ranged dmg so not being able to hit it doesn't hurt you at all. Both Titan and Garuda, pet proc is melee dmg which can make them drag on and increase the chance of accidents. Ramuh is added effect dmg which combined with stun can be pretty dangerous.
I haven't seen too much on this but is kind of intriguing. Is there a list somewhere for each avatar which procs do what? I do pets a bit just for the constant stream of white procs but doing ones where the proc might help me and knowing when not to bother with some procs
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-03-30 19:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
       |  Melee  |  Ranged  |  Magic  |  Add Eff  |
----------------------------------------------------
Titan  |   Pet   |   WS     |  Abi    |    Mag    |
Levi   |   Mag   |   Pet    |  Abi    |    WS     |
Shiva  |   Mag   |   Pet    |  Abi    |    WS     |
Ifrit  |   Abi   |   WS     |  Pet    |    Mag    |
Ramuh  |   Mag   |   Abi    |  WS     |    Pet    |
Garuda |   Pet   |   Mag    |  WS     |    Abi    |
Carb   |   Pet   |   WS     |  Abi    |    Mag    |
Fenrir |   Mag   |   Abi    |  Pet    |    WS     |
Diab   |   Abi   |   Pet    |  WS     |    Mag    |

Had to compile it from the individual pages, hopefully it's readable, hehe.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [516 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-28 12:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This list is VERY helpful. Buried in a RDM solo Leviathan thread xD
[+]