New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Science vs Science Fiction
Science vs Science Fiction
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22 23
By Jetackuu 2016-09-30 15:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Starting to wonder if this is the same guy who came up with his great invention of perpetual energy device. Don't remember name of thread, wanted to look it up lol.

I wondered that from the start.

God was that thread awful.
 Odin.Strummer
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Strummer 2016-09-30 18:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »

...check out physicist Kip Thorne's insight and involvement...

I was able to attend a lecture by Kip Thorne about his time working on Interstellar and the intersection of art and science. Excellent stuff.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-30 19:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Honestly I was rather surprised Magnetic means of transportation could not be achieved or claimed to be impossible.
Go ride a maglev train?
Yeah forget about the mysteries of black holes. Maglev trains time & space travel themselves.
Depicted through out ancient hystery as the transportation of the gods. Impressive.
With every new post you make progressively less sense.
Yes I realize. Even though i went over it alrdy very clearly 3 to 4x as is. One more time for shits and giggles.
If Time Traveling is a very real possibility by moving at the speed of light. As well as being able to go back in Time by some yet unknown means. Then obviuosly I was more curious if wether or not other fantasies could possibly be brought to life by humans themselves and not by extraterrestrials. Too much to digest or what?

While you think it matters more to me that I fully understand the difference between Mass =/= Weight... ofc
One of the 1st things I would like to know amongst many. How the *** did ancient civilizations precision cut and drill monolithic slabs of stone w/ primitive tools. Scientists dont know. Archaeoligists dont know. So who knows?
History is just as mysterious as any Black Hole itself. A train = A train
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-09-30 21:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Scientists dont know. Archaeoligists dont know. So who knows?
No one may know for certain but three are explanations. I think this one is fascinating and makes far more sense than time travel or aliens.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-30 21:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I find it hard to believe in aliens. If not for claims from physicists I would definitely not believe in time traveling.

I wasnt even talking about Egypt to begin w/.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-09-30 23:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Either way, the point stands but if you want specifics on that one sure. Here ya go.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/references-and-transcripts/puma-punku/

Edit: Just to be clear, I realize this is a rebuttal to ancient aliens but within that they highlight actual methods that could be used and evidence for those hypotheses.
[+]
 Bismarck.Phaded
Server: Bismarck
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2016-09-30 23:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I always felt like Ancient Aliens was just a vehicle for Von Daniken to be able to sell more copies of Chariots of the Gods. Funny thing about this is most of his work has been accused of being plagiarized from Robert Charroux and a few others. Makes sense, a bunch of it seems to be based off pseudo-science and fabricated facts seem to come out of no where, sort of like he's been piecing things together that "sound good" for years. 800 ton rocks my ***, he must have thought no one would go out there and check.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-01 03:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah at the time of 1st learning about Pumapunku. I dont even know how long ago. It sounded alot more unbelievable at that moment and I bought into all the bs info I was being spoon fed. Probly from that same exact show. 1st thing I did after posting before any reply bk was search and seen those links about such. I could post some vids of UFO sightings from NEWS sources but Im alrdy done believing any of that nonsense. If UFOs did exist. It was only entertaining pondering the possibilities of future technology itself. Not the idea of some sort of Disclosure. Physicists claiming time travel was possible sounded grand thinking humans might possibly create such themselves in the future. That whole idea went to ***like the notion of "Zero Gravity" itself. Which I now realize was the whole mental block in my head allowing Magnetic created Gravity to be a possible reality. Everything makes sense now...
Unless ofc space itself is capable of being pulled by Magnetic energy creating Gravitational currents. Which kinda makes more sense to me than the idea that everything is falling in space towards the largest mass. A paradox in my own mind.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-01 08:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Help me beat the living STUPID out of me....
...One last Time

In my mind. Matter does not attract Matter. Something must be *** wrong w/ me...
The only Matter I know of that attracts anything whatsoever is Magnetic
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-10-01 10:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless ofc space itself is capable of being pulled by Magnetic energy creating Gravitational currents. Which kinda makes more sense to me than the idea that everything is falling in space towards the largest mass. A paradox in my own mind.
It might help to know that magnetism is based charges. All ions have charge but an object is only magnetic if those charges line up enough so they don't cancel each other out(this is the incredibly simplified version). But also, magnetism's strength drops of faster than gravity. Gravity drops off by the inverse square law. Meaning per unit of distance, the power goes down by 1/d^2. Magnetic strength goes down by 1/d^3.

Just to show you the effect this has on strength here are some numbers that are only here to explain the differences and aren't real life examples.

You can see how gravity loses a lot of power over distance but magnetism loses even more. Basically, magnetism wouldn't be able to hold distant objects together very well.

Also, gravity affects all objects. So while the sun is the most massive object in our solar system, earth is not only affected by the sun. It is affected by every object in our solar system. From Jupiter to Mercury to our moon to even our space station or the speck of dust on your pc screen. It's just that those other object's influences are so tiny due to their low mass that they have much less effect. Gravity's range is infinite, but as the distance increases, the effect lessens by that same squared factor.

So objects are not just falling toward the most massive object, they are feeling that pull from everything.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-10-01 10:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What causes me to fall in space?
- Gravity
Here on earth, we have a very odd view of the universe as we are so close(literally on the surface of) a massive object so we are always pressing up against the ground and not always able to see the natural way orbits and gravity work.

Here on earth, humans generally have a very low velocity and thus we experience gravity much differently. You need to remember that if earth had 0 velocity(in reference to the sun) it would immediately start accelerating toward the sun till it fell in. The reason that gravity doesn't just suck objects directly to it is that those objects are moving very fast which "resists" the pull of gravity. If the sun was not there, earth would be moving "in a straight line"

This explains it much better and actually explains a lot more. The first 4 minutes is all you'd really need to watch for this particular discussion but the rest is quite interesting too.

Why is the Sun not falling?
- There is no bottom
Actually it is. But again, it is moving very fast in comparison to what it is falling toward. The super massive black hole in the center of our galaxy. Just to note, if our solar system was the only thing that existed in the universe, the sun would not "fall" toward anything. It would continue traveling at the same speed it is now just in a straight line.

So then Why the *** am I falling?
- Does matter attract space...
How does Matter attract space?
- Paradox
You're falling because you are under the influence of gravity by objects near you. Most strongly by the earth.

Matter doesn't attract space, but space is "bent" by the presence of mass. This is complicated so if you have questions about the specifics, we'll start with your questions which may tell me what needs explaining.

Paradox? Not really but there are still plenty of unexplained things even in relation to the subjects spoke about here. There are paradoxes that we don't yet understand but that doesn't mean we won't eventually.

Keep learning. But remember, the more you learn, the more you're realize just how much you don't know.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-01 10:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I gathered trying to understand the idea
Quote:
How to stay up

Gravity represents the mutual attraction between two objects, and the strength of that pull depends on both mass and the distance between the objects.
I dont believe but is an important part
Quote:
A spacecraft or space station can counter Earth's downward pull by creating enough horizontal speed so that it continually slides sideways as it simultaneously falls toward the planet, creating an orbit. For instance, the space shuttle typically travels at a blistering 17,000 to 18,000 mph around the Earth to stay aloft. That continuous free fall around the planet gives astronauts the impression of being weightless.
Does it not suggest that maybe even possibly that the planet's rotation is creating such Gravitational Pull? There must be something more to this than the basic Mass = Gravity concept. Earth is not the bottom of space so being outside of it's atmosphere should mean not falling back down if you are weightless. I must be missing something or not understanding correctly but how does Mass = Gravity exactly? That whole concept doesnt make any sense to me whatsoever unless planets are pulling in space some how. Which means Mass =/= Gravity but rather Planets pulling xyz = Gravitational pull by rotation or something else but Mass = Gravity = Huh?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-10-01 11:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it not suggest that maybe even possibly that the planet's rotation is creating such Gravitational Pull? There must be something more to this than the basic Mass = Gravity concept.
If that was true then how fast a planet spun would affect it's gravity. And venus would have a pushing gravity because it rotates retrograde.

Spinning can affect magnetism though.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-10-01 11:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Earth is not the bottom of space so being outside of it's atmosphere should mean not falling back down if you are weightless. I must be missing something or not understanding correctly but how does Mass = Gravity?
When astronauts are in space, they are not weightless. This is a misconception. You always have weight because no matter where you are, you are still in range of the gravity of something, somewhere.

Have you ever been on one of those rides where the container you are in drops from a high place quickly and you float up? This is a similar concept. The container is simply going faster than you fall so you "float up'.

I've gotta go so I can't explain more but I'll try to explain better later.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-01 11:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Does it not suggest that maybe even possibly that the planet's rotation is creating such Gravitational Pull? There must be something more to this than the basic Mass = Gravity concept.
If that was true then how fast a planet spun would affect it's gravity. And venus would have a pushing gravity because it rotates retrograde.

Spinning can affect magnetism though.
So planets just pull in Space continuously while pushing back out... um ..cant find it
Seen some reports showing Earth releasing something back into space beyond its geomagnetic field...

But even that would explain more precisely imo. Earth inhales space & exhales w/e which would be a current of some sort. Gravitational Pull of Space towards Earth must also Release... otherwise it's saying Earth is pulling objects/ppl themselves cuz Matter is attracted to Matter which doesnt sound correct. Outside of it's atmosphere I mean.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-01 12:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Mass = Gravity would suggest that planets and stars are putting weight on space itself causing such tension for everything to be pulled together. There is no bottom. So there shouldnt be any tension due to Mass. Even if the Sun is moving towards a Black Hole.

Meaning Mass =/= Gravity

The only tension between Stars & Planets if not currents should be magnetism. I give up. I dont believe in such for whatever reasons. It doesnt add up nor make sense.

Everything in space is in a constant falling motion towards the largest mass object. Either that or "Zero Gravity" really exists. Idk way too much for me to comprehend.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-01 12:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok Einstein. Make sure to write down your research and post it on Google Scholar.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-01 12:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok Einstein. Make sure to write down your research and post it on Google Scholar.
Yeah I know. Even if something doesnt make sense to you or you disagree. Dont question anything.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-01 12:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't even understand basics of chemistry/physics yet you pretend to be able to counter well established science.
Theories do change when we find out new stuff, but you need to have some basic knowledge first.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-01 12:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You haven't demonstrated anything, some of your posts barely make sense in english.

If you want to verify a theory you need math and experiments, the ramblings alone are not enough.

edit: post was deleted

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-01 12:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You haven't demonstrated anything, some of your posts barely make sense in english.

If you want to verify a theory you need math and experiments, the ramblings alone are not enough.

edit: post was deleted
Ok guy.. gal ..w/e you are
Mass = Gravity would suggest that planets and stars are putting weight on space itself causing such tension for everything to be pulled together. There is no bottom. So there shouldnt be any tension due to Mass. Even if the Sun is moving towards a Black Hole.

Meaning Mass =/= Gravity

The only tension between Stars & Planets if not currents should be magnetism. I give up. I dont believe in such for whatever reasons. It doesnt add up nor make sense.

Everything in space is in a constant falling motion towards the largest mass object. Either that or "Zero Gravity" really exists. Idk way too much for me to comprehend
It doesnt add up in my head. Which Im perfectly fine w/ the notion that "I am way too dumb to comprehend". Yet you are too smart to not be an arrogant ***?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-01 12:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet you are too smart to not be an arrogant ***?
Because different people have tried explaining things both with simple words and with detailed information. But both approaches fell on a dull "I don't buy that".

Nobody has a problem with teaching someone willing to learn, but it doesn't look like you are. And your counters are hard to even understand linguistically.
Guide Maker
By Seha 2016-10-01 12:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Also let's not forget you said the Earth is flat. It's hard to ignore that.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-01 12:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Seha said: »
Also let's not forget you said the Earth is flat. It's hard to ignore that.
Yeah cause I was trying to get the point across that I believe we should always question everything. I trust Einstein especially was an absolute genius but that doesnt mean Im not allowed to question what I read or what Im told.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-01 12:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to question everything...but you also have to understand the answer.

edit: the issue is replying "I don't believe it, it must be like I say instead", without any basis
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22 23