Modded Minecraft LAN Connection Issues - Reward Offered

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Modded Minecraft LAN Connection Issues - Reward Offered
Modded Minecraft LAN Connection Issues - Reward Offered
By Faelar 2016-08-28 14:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted about this issue last year on the FTB Support Forum, but had no luck. Figured on our our tech wizzes here might be able to help!

Trying to setup a LAN map to play with my roommate on FTB using the CrackPack modpack. We used to be able to login, start the modpack, and be able to connect to a LAN server easily, but now when we try to do it, I can't connect to her map and get this error:

java and such are all allowed through the firewalls, even tried it with all firewalls turned off, and we're on the same HomeGroup (Win 7). However, one weird thing is that her PC, in the Network and Sharing Center, says she's on "Network 4", and I'm on "Network 5". I can't find any way to change mine from 5 to 4.

Would that even be the issue?

If someone can help me get this fixed for good, you can have 2 games off of this list:
VIP
By Kalila 2016-08-29 11:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

For minecraft related things, with networking, I've always found it easier to start basic and work my way up to where I want to be.

Basically, that means vanilla minecraft and try to connect to each other. Does that work? Yes?

No? I promise you it's a firewall issue. Before we get into ports, let me just remind you to allow minecraft through the firewall. This is separate from the port, allowing a program through is a completely different process. Windows key > search Windows Firewall with Advanced Security > inbound rule > new rule, fill it out, repeat for outbound. You can set your ports here as well.

I can't stress it enough, I hate, hate, hate, hate opening ports, thinking they're open, but nope, they're not open. Wasted days of my life just dealing with minecraft port issues.

---

Firewall BS

If you're trying to connect externally imitating LAN, and you're trying to open ports, make sure you're opening ports on

1. Your computer
2. Your router
3. Your modem

For the modem, usually they just pass through to the router, but not all the time. Having 3+ firewalls just complicate the process to the point where I just want to throw security out of the window and let me have my internets.

If you want to know if a port is open for you... I use http://www.pcwintech.com/simple-port-tester, though you can just google "port checker" and you'll get websites that will check for you. I don't know why though, but I just prefer a software on my computer to do it vs a browser. Idk, I think I used a website that told me a port was open for like 2 days and then I used SPT and it told me it wasn't really open. So frustrating.

I hate ports btw.

For LAN you use the local IP of your computer, for non LAN / Fake Lan you use the external IP of your computer. Local is 192.168.xxx.xxx. You can use CMD ipconfig to find your local IP, to find your external IP just google external IP or what's my ip and google will tell you. I found that to be the fastest way though there is probably better ways.

I notice you're using Hamachi. I never liked that program, so I can't really help you with hamachi problems. I used other alternatives though I can't remember what they were.

---

Then try using the FTB launcher. Does that work? It should if the above worked. If it didn't but the normal minecraft launcher did, allow the FTB launcher through the firewall. Same steps I mentioned for allowing the vanilla launcher through.

Then try installing your modpacks with a brand new map. Does that work? Yes?

No? One of the mods in the pack are conflicting. Disable everything, enable a few at a time, like a group of 5, then try it. If it works, then apply another 5 until you get the error. Now you have knowledge, one of those 5 is the culprit, find out which one and then figure out if you can update that mod to make it work, or just don't bother and disable it and go on with your day.

If that works, but you try using the map you want to use, but you get that error, you now have a problem.

That means there is something in your map that is causing conflict. Something, it could be a single thing out of the millions of objects in your world causing conflict.

It has been awhile, but I believe minecraft also offers crash reports and logs. Maybe there is something there that offers information. It's kinda hard to read but if it's an object in the world then it is listed with a bunch of other items listed.

That's the gist of what I go through dealing with minecraft problems. I could go more in depth but I would follow that first. Don't try to figure out a problem with every mod you want all at once. That is never a good idea. Ever. Like really, you're just asking for your free time to be robbed from you. Don't do it.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2016-08-29 12:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Faelar said: »
I posted about this issue last year on the FTB Support Forum, but had no luck. Figured on our our tech wizzes here might be able to help!

Trying to setup a LAN map to play with my roommate on FTB using the CrackPack modpack. We used to be able to login, start the modpack, and be able to connect to a LAN server easily, but now when we try to do it, I can't connect to her map and get this error:

java and such are all allowed through the firewalls, even tried it with all firewalls turned off, and we're on the same HomeGroup (Win 7). However, one weird thing is that her PC, in the Network and Sharing Center, says she's on "Network 4", and I'm on "Network 5". I can't find any way to change mine from 5 to 4.

Would that even be the issue?

If someone can help me get this fixed for good, you can have 2 games off of this list:
Have you tried pinging each other?
Or sharing a networked folder/files/remote desktop?
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-08-29 17:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I typed up a buncha ***and hit my back button.

I'll hit you up on Steam.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-08-29 17:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
I typed up a buncha ***and hit my back button.

I'll hit you up on Steam.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lazarus-form-recovery/loljledaigphbcpfhfmgopdkppkifgno?hl=en

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-Us/firefox/addon/lazarus-form-recovery/

you're welcome ;O
[+]