First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 116 117 118

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Komugichan
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Komugichan 2017-11-16 19:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be nice if that mock step up mechanic would stick around for Cloud. I suppose that would be asking for too much. I suppose they are desperate to get more people to pull on this particular event.
 Phoenix.Erics
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2017-11-16 23:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

idk how many people were around at release but the maints then were about 3 hours long bi weekly, they didnt have arena changes or a continuous chain of new collecting items events starting every 2 weeks though. At Least im on the east coast, maints in CA would be starting at like 8pm now.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2017-11-17 04:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

beat the golbez event just chaining orlandeus, i went into the fight blind and just assumed golbez was weak to light since his unit is black and purple. You wanna kill the dragon asap cause he oneshots someone each turn. Theres lots of mechanics im sure i missed. I used OK to keep up flame shield but you might want to bring someone who can keep up flame and thunder shields.
(it wasnt a lot of dmg on its own but one turn 2 units died from his combo after dragon died)

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2017-11-17 04:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

ive got to do it again later on since i forgot to esper kill. Im hoping i just didnt get lucky with him not killing my whm. The wiki doesnt say much but it says he has access to an AoE move that will wipe your party.. so maybe instead of OK or an elemental buffer using rikku for nul and reraise.
The dragon melted to divine ruination he dropped over 50% from DVx2

edit: i also noticed that my WoL really wasnt doing much in this fight except for helping raise so i could curadax2 on my whm. Maybe ill try replacing him with the rikku and keeping OK for chaining.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-11-17 06:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
Does anyone have a strong dragon killer I can borrow for Golbez? He's really easy but his dragon pal is another story.
If 938 attack and and regular dragon killer are enough I can set my A2 with Odin for you, I have Zyrus as well but not too great on mage gear so not sure he'd be better.

Edit: Made a slot, friend code 980 330 154, I'll toss Odin on her if I get a FR from you.

Also another option for dealing with the dragon is a provoke tank like WoL and have a RR unit giving him it each turn. Takes up an extra unit slot but might be safer than trying to blow it up quick (I can also set WoL or Meliadoul if you need tank or RRer).

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-11-17 08:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Does anyone have a strong dragon killer I can borrow for Golbez? He's really easy but his dragon pal is another story.
If 938 attack and and regular dragon killer are enough I can set my A2 with Odin for you, I have Zyrus as well but not too great on mage gear so not sure he'd be better.

Edit: Made a slot, friend code 980 330 154, I'll toss Odin on her if I get a FR from you.

Also another option for dealing with the dragon is a provoke tank like WoL and have a RR unit giving him it each turn. Takes up an extra unit slot but might be safer than trying to blow it up quick (I can also set WoL or Meliadoul if you need tank or RRer).
I could try it with A2 :) sending FR
Send again... I deleted by accident because I'm zzz >.>

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Libbien
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-11-17 08:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The dragon has extremely low spr. I took on golbez in full defense mode using Byrth's fry and didn't have much trouble. Went in with ayaka, marie, WoL who probably isnt needed as erics said, and soleil along with Byrth's fry. His fry dropped the dragon in 3 turns so it wasn't too bad. Marie makes Golbez irrelevant. If not for the dragon and that move that drops everyone to 10hp, marie could probably solo this fight slowly if you put on RoL or black belt etc for counters. If i had an Ace he would have made the perfect rep for WoL because osmose spam gets really annoying at times. Otherwise just keep fire/thunder/spr buffs up and it isn't too bad.
 Phoenix.Libbien
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-11-17 08:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Send again... I deleted by accident because I'm zzz >.>
Naw, I'm just gonna sit this one out for now. I did it again and killed the dragon but the 10 HP move wrecked me. Gonna try again later after I level some units up. Thanks for offering though! :) sorry you deleted someone.

Since you have ayaka i can throw marie up for you which might help. DC reraise on ayaka and marie after 50% anytime it's down so you can keep Love you All up. The hp regen on Love you All can buy you some time to AoE raise people if you wipe after the 10hp move. You will need lots of mp temps if you lack a good mp battery but it might help, just let me know.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Logarius
By Asura.Logarius 2017-11-17 09:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I currently have A2 with Diabolos and Excalibur set as my friend unit for Raid+Man in Black, but I can set enhanced Emperor instead in order to better take out the dragon, if that would be preferred (although I lack Draco Spikes, as I was taking a break during their relevant event).

Cleared all missions first try with Tilith, VoE, Soleil, Rikku and A2 but it was...a slog. From my understanding, capped Fire From Below stacks can knock out the dragon very quickly if it's your main issue (just be careful using Control +2 if you don't have some form of stat break resistance such as Affectionate Aura, Omni Block, etc.).

EDIT: Whoops, ID is 448,663,300 for anyone interested, and I'm more than willing to change my unit to Emperor if it would help.
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2017-11-17 13:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

so ive beat the fight 3 times now because i suck at espering finally got it though. Rikku is a life saver for his 10 hp move i never had an issue with it because of the reraise and she laughs at the dragons one death per turn. Didnt use a tank at all, DC refia,soleil,onion knight ( could remove it for 5 unit), rikku, orlandeux2

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-11-17 18:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Have got Tidus up with all the demon killers for this raid. Can also put up Ayaka for Golbez if someone needs her.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2017-11-17 19:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

took 3 tries to win on my non orlandeau account using agrias who isnt fully ability awakened yet on DR but i got him. Seems luck based if you cant power through even using rikku because he can use his 10hp move on back to back turns or skip using it for 3 turns.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-11-17 20:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

In theory you can wear them both down to low HP then kill them together to avoid the rng phase can't you?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-11-17 21:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

In theory you can wear them both down to low HP then kill them together to avoid the rng phase can't you?

yeah this is how people do it safely, just need to be sure you can handle the dragon's black fang every turn on top of golbez's attacks. ayaka/rem/meliadoul make it a lot easier cause you can just reraise the person that is being targeted by the dragon. for me it was always soleil for some reason but i killed the dragon in only a couple turns so i dont know if it was just luck or if there's some mechanism behind it.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-11-17 22:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Which TMR should I get first? I finally saved up almost enough moogles to unlock one.

These are the choices
Pure White Blessing
Excalibur (or Glauca's Greatsword)
Dual Wield (or Bowie Knife or Aqua Sword)
Dark Knight's Soul
Dual Cast
Thirst for Survival

DW should be first priority (both mages and physical can use it and can double some abilities). Weapons are important, but more so if you run an imperil or use friends to element spark chain. DC is nice, but less useful now that most mages have native DC (both DPS and healing). When in doubt, I follow this:
https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Trust_Master_Reward
and just adjust it based on what I need.
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2017-11-17 23:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i took golbez to 26% before i killed the dragon on the one i won but i had burned through 4/6 of my units reraise and rikkus limit break wasnt up so i had to kill the dragon or risk my healer dying which would have been a wipe due to eating 2 rounds of golbez's attacks.
This was my slower killing team. My good teams killed him easy and now ive got all the items from it on them.

Im alternating tossing man-eater and demon killer on my units now when i do the raid and farming event. Just glad that i dont have to worry about tossing energy at the golbez event anymore.
By Creecreelo 2017-11-18 01:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The Golbez fight I found rather annoying. It wasn't terrible, but any fight that lends itself to incorporating Reraise strats just really makes me cringe. First fight, I went in with my usual Orlandeau-type strats, Marie/Soleil/Delita/Orlandeau x2. When the dragon popped, Orlandeau x2 almost one-turn'd it; I think had it been spark chain'd or my Orlandeau was strongerrr it would've worked. The death wasn't really a big deal though as it took down Delita. The problem came the next turn when I finished off the dragon and Golbez basically did a combo of moves that led to insta-death for my entire team due to that 10 HP into Nukes ***. -.-

Second time around, I utilized a mage oriented strat with some new chars I've been gearing up, Crowe/WW Fina/EV/Emperor/Friend Ace. Crowe's really got a wonderful limit burst. With this, I managed to finish them off at the same time to avoid that dumb RNG after the dragon. Rikku's AoE Reraise might avoid the RNG issue, but despite loving Rikku as a char, her LB I just find to be way too cheesy.

For those trying to do Esper kill-shot missions, I'd suggest Titan. His giant boulder seems to take forever to jump across the screen and flash dmg lol, allowing to more easily get in dmg of other attacks. Bahamut's might be longer, at least certainly stronger? I have yet to still do him; I'm a little behind lol X_X
By Creecreelo 2017-11-18 01:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, the on-banner gold rates seriously need to die in a fire.
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2017-11-18 01:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a 5 star and it was a charming kitty ariana. Shes actually decent like a charm version of ayaka
edit: pulled a 2nd charming kitty ariana with tickets while trying to get more lings.
edit2: pulled a 3rd kitty ariana, im starting to think shes got an increased rate

I used 45ish tickets total which got a total of: 3 kitty arianas (5*), 2 lings (4*), 6 penelos (3*) then regular TM fodder pulls nothing note-worthy.
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 116 117 118