Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 116 117 118
By Creecreelo 2017-09-23 01:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, except I do think SO3 was pretty great. I do feel SO2 was the best, especially on the PSP port. I thought SO3 had some great adjustments to combat to add a bit more depth since SO1/2, while super fun, were largely just spam stun-lock fests lol (tbf though, SO3 could definitely turn into this too though). I remember having a lot of fun in SO3 figuring out fun chains with the techniques among all the different characters.

I found combat in SO4 to be pretty fun; although, fun combat is usually a given though if you're a fan of the SO series. The characters were just so bland though, made it hard to continue with the story.

Edit: To tie it more into FFBE, I would love to see more characters from SO2/SO3. Feel like those would certainly be the most profitable for the game as a whole too (hence why Fayt and Rena are the 5-stars). Ashton and Opera would likely get a lot of love. I really love like all of the SO2 chars though; it'd be hard to just pick one or two.

As for SO3, I loved Roger and Nel so much, Maria and Mirage were pretty cool too. Feel like Cliff would be a shoe-in though if they did add any SO3 characters.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2017-09-23 07:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tydis said: »
I've got Shantotto and Werei from daily summons, as for Shantotto, she can only go up to 5 star.
was half asleep didn't notice that lol still if shes anything like her normal self she will still be a boon, but still i have almost another 5k had been saving w/e free stuff i get and tempted to try again just to see if i get dang prishie lol)
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-09-23 10:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as stacking killer effects go when the wiki says "different sources" that means only abilities with different names right? IE an equipped machine killer would stack with A2s Attacker Type 2 but equiping ifrit with beast killer + beast killer ability would still just be 50%? Or is it fair game as long as they're in different menus?

Creecreelo said: »
As for SO3, I loved Roger and Nel so much, Maria and Mirage were pretty cool too. Feel like Cliff would be a shoe-in though if they did add any SO3 characters.
I imagine if they did SO3 specifically it would be Fayte for 5 star, Cliff and Nel for 4... I couldn't help finding them kinda the mains given how much time you spend with them on the first disk, even though I liked other characters better than Fayte and Cliff. Not sure what they'd do for 3s.
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2017-09-23 11:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Nel is actually an optional character alongside Abel, Roger, and Pepitia.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-09-23 11:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ciri Zireael said: »
Yeah you'd get her back by default if you didn't do the events for Albel or Roger. She just felt like a really built in character to me compared most of the rest of the group, like it was wrong to not have her in the group at the end... Which is what happened to me in my first play through because I'd gotten the Albel thing and didn't punt pepitia : (
[+]
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-09-23 13:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Unique killers/effects stack only one from Esper/Gear/Materia/character.
By Ciri Zireael 2017-09-23 21:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Yeah you'd get her back by default if you didn't do the events for Albel or Roger. She just felt like a really built in character to me compared most of the rest of the group, like it was wrong to not have her in the group at the end... Which is what happened to me in my first play through because I'd gotten the Albel thing and didn't punt pepitia : (

Exactly what happened to me in my first playthrough! I was so mad that Nel wasn't joining me.

Then I went on to 1000/1000 the trophies because I'm insane.
By Creecreelo 2017-09-24 18:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ever since Nier and BF, I've been wondering are there any upcoming limited time event units that I should think about saving tickets and lapis for?
By Ciri Zireael 2017-09-24 18:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, Halloween, The Four Fiends, and apparently Valkyrie Profile.

We've seen the other side. And Demon Rain, VLC Fina (gets a new hat), and BC Lid all get nice enhancements. We're getting the Four Fiends with Barbarossa as the 5* and Cagnazzo as a magic tank.

Dunno about Valk Profile units roles but Lenneth and Freya are the 5*.

This is all assuming the leak info is right.
[+]
By Ciri Zireael 2017-09-24 18:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-09-25 14:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the leaks were a little bit disappointing tbh. I think I liked not knowing what the next 6 months held better. I feel like a kid who ruined Christmas a little bit or something.

Maybe with any luck the data won't be 100% accurate or they will switch it up a little bit.

If anything it re-enforces my decision to horde tickets and lapis for awhile.
By Ciri Zireael 2017-09-25 15:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Not like we didn't know 80+% of everything that is coming at any given time regardless. If you don't want spoilers, stay off the internet.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-09-25 16:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The RNG nature of the game makes knowing nice for me to know to save pulls or not... Gotta actually pull what you want for Christmas to come.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-09-25 16:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If it weren't for knowing that the Four Fiends were coming I would've blown all my resources on Ayaka and had nothing left.
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-09-25 18:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Not like we didn't know 80+% of everything that is coming at any given time regardless.

We didn't know aside from Ayaka due to the video confirmation. And judging by the leaked information nobody saw the others coming. Stating 80% is pretty much talking out your ***. We are way off the JP schedule and it shouldn't even be considered a guideline either. All you could do previously was theorycraft. Now we know up to February every single thing including store items. Not even close to the same thing.

If you don't want spoilers, stay off the internet.

It's an internet based game and community? Literally like saying if you don't want FFXI spoilers stay off the internet.

Pretty big difference between the game getting hacked and having data leaked all over every resource website vs reading about an upcoming update.
By Ciri Zireael 2017-09-25 18:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure more than 80% of our current content came off of JP from one point or another. Timeline is a moot point when you're discussing spoilers.

And yes, if you don't want FFXI stuff spoiled you shouldn't go on threads that discuss FFXI in depth.
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-09-25 18:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure more than 80% of our current content came off of JP from one point or another. Timeline is a moot point when you're discussing spoilers.

And yes, if you don't want FFXI stuff spoiled you shouldn't go on threads that discuss FFXI in depth.

If you have any actual interest in a game like this and want to know how mechanics work, are you going to sit there and math it out manually or guess? Or would you go to reddit/wiki like the rest of us and learn and research and openly discuss with a community.

The moment the game was hacked the other day, there were non-stop reddit threads asking questions about Valkyrie Profile and other leaked data in topic titles. I had no idea it even happened until later that day. I just figured somebody botched the maintenance again like that one time.

You even posted image data from the leak yourself like 3 posts above. That's extremely unfair to state "Well stay off the internet" when it's leaked data like that. Even friends in my group on facebook are talking about Noctis upgrades and Oldmandu getting another banner.

It's unavoidable.

I'm not mad or upset about it. But when you have something to look forward to in the game and you don't know what banner or store item will pop up, it's part of the excitement of the game for me tbh. I liked exploring the updates every week not knowing what global exclusive thing or banner we were getting.

Also to be fair, Japan isn't nearly as far ahead of us now and any banners they get aren't a guarantee. We also get plenty of global exclusive stuff at this point to keep it interesting.

At the end of the day, the hack was a shitty move that ruined a couple of surprises for us. At least we have after February to get back to normal.
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-09-25 19:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we take a second to address the real problem with the leak?

WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING. TWO IS BAD ENOUGH. WE DON'T NEED 4.

STAHP IT.

Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-09-25 19:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ariana harem; check.
[+]
By Creecreelo 2017-09-25 20:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a fan of Ariana and I really loved the first iteration of her in FFBE. She came out shortly after I started playing the game, so she was super useful to me as my first 6-star unit. Dangerous Ariana seemed like the best representation of Ariana Grande in FF form too, imo.

But her second iteration was meh, and now this is just way too much. x_x
 Phoenix.Komugichan
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Komugichan 2017-09-25 23:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm a Ariana actually obtained through Gacha wonder if she going to be worth it to pull considering Ayaka is going to be dropped before this iteration of Ariana drops.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-09-26 08:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clinpachi said: »
Objectively we need 2 more actually to have a 6/6 party without doubles.
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-09-26 15:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Objectively we need 2 more actually to have a 6/6 party without doubles.

If anyone on my friend list actually equipped an Ariana unit as their leader, I would kick them off so hard it would cause a 4th hurricane on the east coast.
[+]
By Ciri Zireael 2017-09-26 18:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What if my Ariana has over 1k mag?
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-09-27 06:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Used the 10+1 ticket, how terrible is it that the most exciting thing I got was an Alma just because I've gotten so many that she's getting close to trust maxing?
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-09-27 07:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Used the 10+1 ticket, how terrible is it that the most exciting thing I got was an Alma just because I've gotten so many that she's getting close to trust maxing?

My last two 10+1 didn't give me anything either but this morning I was a little more blessed. It wasn't Prishe but It's not a duplicate either.

I think I have every single Final Fantasy Type-0 character except Queen now. It's crazy they have three 5* base (Rem Ace Queen).

If you've kept up with logins we get another 10+1 tomorrow.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2017-09-27 07:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Should I been using my tickets? I've sort of been holding on to them for a while now.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-09-27 08:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I have every single Final Fantasy Type-0 character except Queen now. It's crazy they have three 5* base (Rem Ace Queen).
It makes sense sorta since it's cast of characters is a fair bit bigger than most FFs, and they haven't done Machina Deuce and Cater so could be another one.

Edit
Asura.Tydis said: »
Should I been using my tickets? I've sort of been holding on to them for a while now.
The 10+1 and EX tickets don't apply to the banner summons so not too much reason to save them. Regular tickets you might consider keeping a stash for a banner that has units you'd want
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2017-09-27 08:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ok, I didn't see it mention that I have any 10+1 tickets but I was sure I had collected at least 1, I'm not sure.

When I looked at the summon menu it said I had 21 normal tickets and 1 4* ticket

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 116 117 118