[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-08-24 11:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Oh well, looks like no 9S for me after nearly 90 summons.

Roughly the same for me. Did get Eve finally yesterday after tossing nearly all of his TMR moogles of course. Tons of pulls, 1 4* banner unit, 0 5* obviously and only 4 210's. Glad i farmed a crap ton of TMR moogles, those sure came in handy... /sarcasm.
 Ragnarok.Bepe
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2017-08-25 09:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp at the end of the day I ended up with 1 A2 that i got early in the banner and 1 9s on the very last day. (I caved and did 2 10+1 pulls) I guess 1 pod is better than 0 pods, yay friend units. The problem now is, light veritas is basically freyvia +1(with worse equipment selection but higher modifiers). I don't have any resources left! And I never got freyvia! Must resist the urge to pull @.@!
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-08-25 09:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I ended up with 19 virtuous contract moogles, burned off what summoning tickets I had being hopeful but it was not 2B.
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2017-08-25 19:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

100% Dark Resist Ribboned Marie up as friend for Malboro Trial.

Will be up for at least a week. Also has 9S Pod for the on demand phys mitigation.

If you need the res shuffled around for whatever reason let me know and I'll see what I can adjust.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2017-08-26 01:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have these units that I mainly use:

5-star: Tidus

4-star: Rikku, Agrias, Rose (mainly using those three), WoL, Snow, Sazh, Vanille, Sozhe

I have other 4-stars that I'm not interested in playing.

3-star: Rydia, Terra

Who should I spend my Trust Moogles on? Tidus and WoL seem interesting, but I don't know anything about this game's meta. I'm just fooling around and not really playing seriously or tackling any challenges that require intricate strategizing, but I don't want to spend those valuable moogle trust up units on a bad choice.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2017-08-26 01:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

WoL's trust is unfortunately garbage. Hot garbage. It only applies a very weak 20%DEF/SPI buff which is overwritten by and does not stack with any other DEF/SPI buff almost all of which will give 40% or more.

Rikku's trust is amazing Meta-wise, offering 3 abilities including an AoE Full Break+Ailment inflicter, a AoE Complete erase, and an AoE 200% LB Fill rate bonus. Its superb, and I'd recommend her.

Tidus' trust is BiS for Tidus himself, which aint bad.

You should look to replace Rose soon, if it doesnt upgrade to 6* it wont be useful in mid to late game, on any real content. Refia and Yshtola are great healers, Refia being a 4* base. IDK any other good healers as I've always had Refia.

For healers though Refia or Luka are probably your best option for 4* Base units. The other good healers are 5* Base or no longer available (I think Ysh'tola was event only?).
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2017-08-26 01:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for your input. I'll level Rikku's trust then.
I don't have Refia and Yshtola as you can see. I forgot to say that
i have a 4-star Garnet. So Vanille, Garnet and Rose for healers. Who should I use for now?
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2017-08-26 01:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

From that list of healers Garnet is probably the best as she becomes somewhat useful later on as a 6 star summoner unit. Basically, unless you have Luka, Refia, Yshtola, or Tilith, any unit with Curaja will get you through most of the story content. So Rosa works. If you have Cecil he is an amazing unit, although he fell out of meta because of WoL for tanking he still has a very good LB and access to Curaja, so he would work as a healer.
 Ragnarok.Bepe
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2017-08-26 10:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***, I think I am the luckiest person in the world at the moment. Logged on to FFBE just now to do a daily pull for 250 lapis. Wasn't expecting to get anything good this banner because I used all my resources on Nier... Did the pull got a blue crystal.. its cracked into a gold. I was super excited because getting veritas of wind tmr would be nice. Then the gold cracked into the rainbow... and I wa slike wait... no way.... and then out pops Veritas of Light.... jeez. 1 pull for banner 5 star.... Help I think my game is hacked or something I don't want to get banned lol XD
[+]
By runeghost 2017-08-26 10:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Congratulations on the Veritas of Light =)
I was hoping on Wind... I tossed over a dozen tickets in (maybe two dozen?) and got way more yellows than I was expecting....
but all of them were Water. I have five Veritas of Water.
I.... don't know how to feel about this.
By Ciri Zireael 2017-08-29 20:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Threw the tickets we got at the banner.

Not Veritas of Light but I honestly can't complain.

Believe I can BiS Orlandu (minus Infernal Amulet...) since I even pulled 2B.
[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-08-30 08:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Any thoughts on this new banner? Aria looked like a pretty good healer, but her lack of status resistance worries me. I have a fully awakened Refia who i really like with dualcast TMR as well, but could see Aria being better, at least situationally.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-08-30 09:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ayaka is coming and I don't feel like replacing my healer twice in a month, so I won't be upgrading to Aria.

Onion Knight is great (but 5*) and Desch has the best atk accessory in the game (45 atk.) I might toss a few at the banner but my stocks are low and I can't see myself pulling an OK or caring about Desch's extra ten attack. I will be going until I have a team for the mog king event.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-08-30 09:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't know about her until you mentioned it and holy f ayaka looks awesome. She is basically refia and aria rolled into 1. Any idea when she's coming out?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-08-30 10:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know, but it looks likely to be in the next three or four weeks? It came out in JP season 1.

Scanning through, we have almost everything up to JP 12/12/16 after this Friday. Ayaka was released on 1/11/17.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-08-30 12:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ayaka is 5* base so she'll be harder to pull than Tilith. Tilith is not magic and has a full heal so any "no magic" events could be rough.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-08-30 12:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Tilith is also a limited time unit, though, so anyone without her won't be getting her in the foreseeable future.

Post deleted by User.
By Ciri Zireael 2017-08-30 18:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Tilith was around 1.8%, Ayaka will be .5%. She'll be about 4 times harder to pull than Tilith.

Also with GL stuff Ayaka might be on a double 5* banner making her .25%

Post deleted by User.
By Ciri Zireael 2017-08-31 17:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry. On the plus side I'd imagine Bahamut will be coming next month.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-08-31 18:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

random tips:
* Behe freaked out at 50% for me, so perhaps use Titan before pushing him past
* Don't bring anyone with light weapons to the final fight
* You might have to restock your magic keys by hand
* The secondary exit from the first exploration was missing a translation.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2017-08-31 18:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
random tips:
* Behe freaked out at 50% for me, so perhaps use Titan before pushing him past
* Don't bring anyone with light weapons to the final fight
* You might have to restock your magic keys by hand
* The secondary exit from the first exploration was missing a translation.

Behe continues to freak out after 50% too lol, every turn is rampage. He also starts first turn with Dispelga and self buff with his normal attacks, so save your good buffs for turn 2.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-08-31 18:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I killed him after that pretty quickly I think. Also, I meant Golem.
By Creecreelo 2017-09-01 18:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hein is kind of annoying... Think I'll have to settle using Ashe x2. I don't really have very strong mages due to lack of many great mage TMRs. Find it frustrating since I've gotten too used to using a full bonus team for Mog King events. >.<

I also managed to get a rainbow to drop today! Was excited for possible the Onion Knight (or Ace, Freyevia, etc), but got a Veritas of the Flame. It certainly could have been worse, but part of me can't help but feel a little disappointed because I just can't really see myself being able to take much advantage with Veritas of the Flame. Axes are rare and often inferior atm and sometimes there isn't even room for a finisher in the party. I've read up about the Fixed Dice set up, but hate the idea of relying so much on chance (and I don't have Fixed Dice, feel like there could be better TMRs to work on too). I did get lucky with a Tidus, but don't have Tidus' TMR nor Mercedes' TMR so I feel like I couldn't make much use with that unit combo.

I hate feeling any kind of disappointment when it comes to rainbows; it just makes me feel so ungrateful as a F2P player. X_x
[+]
By Ciri Zireael 2017-09-01 21:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Flame Veritas is an absolutely amazing finisher because of his flexibility with imperils and elements. There's pretty much no downside to him and you don't need to feel locked into axe. Fixed Dice does make great use of his build but only gains massive tread after True Doublehand becomes a thing. It is still ahead of a DW build on him though.
[+]
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-09-01 21:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a rainbow! Reberta #2.

Edit: The advantage to VotF using Fixed Dice is that his skills apply imperil and en, so a non-elemental weapon is best to take full advantage. Also, his mods are really low (1.5) so Fixed Dice pumps that up. In addition, don't think of Fixed Dice as possibly doing lower damage. Even its lowest roll is still 120% (max is 650%).
[+]
By Creecreelo 2017-09-01 22:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, I do understand how Fixed Dice would work. I bet the numbers on a high proc with Full Charge Stomp would be huge, but part of me still gets wigged out on the possible variance. Already dealing with enough RNG in this game lol
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 116 117 118