First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 116 117 118
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-07-14 04:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

gdi, this is what I get for always looking at those pages on my phone with script blocking, css forcing, etc active.

Should I bother saving Green Magi/Megacites for Tetra Sylph? I have shittons now and could probably push a few avatars to 30 with them.

Edit: Whatever, I did it and they didn't go as far as I'd hoped. I got Odin 50 points from 30 and Sylph almost there.
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2017-07-14 13:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i wouldnt bother with siren, or shiva, or titan/ramuh depending on if your 3rd pt DD is a melee or mage assuming you use 3x DD,healer, tank setup which works for most things, until last especially when working with limited magcites. Theres a campaign of crystals event going on this weekend until monday morning at 4am est.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2017-07-15 00:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren remains pretty useless for as far as I can tell, Haven't used her since I got the better ones.

the "Best" for each category I think is..

Odin for Attack (Plus can learn Bladeblitz, a meh AoE but great for units who have no AoE, like Orland)
Golem for Defense (Provoke is great for Golem, works well on P.cecil at least)
Carbuncle for Spirit (can learn Bar-Ra spells)
Ramuh for Magic

So those are a solid foundation to start with if your Magicite is tight, I'd work on Ifrit/Titan, and Shiva if they're magical.

Laksshmi is great but no elemental bonus for Magicite makes he hard to level like Odin.
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2017-07-15 20:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren is useful for mog king events when running full/mostly full bonus parties. Attack boost song is useful on a trash unit. Same with Shiva/Ramuh for deshell/deprotect.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-07-16 04:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, finished story mode. I have three more explorations and the Odin v2 fight unlocked and undone, but it looks like I will come up slightly short of a 5k lapis pull.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2017-07-16 07:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
gdi, this is what I get for always looking at those pages on my phone with script blocking, css forcing, etc active.

Should I bother saving Green Magi/Megacites for Tetra Sylph? I have shittons now and could probably push a few avatars to 30 with them.

Edit: Whatever, I did it and they didn't go as far as I'd hoped. I got Odin 50 points from 30 and Sylph almost there.

also note that you can't unlock everything in the esper skill trees.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-07-16 10:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

are there any units you can no longer get from the summons? downloaded this to have something to do with no internet on my computer at the moment.

and off topic but what about record keeper, any you can't get in it too?
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-07-16 10:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't spend any lapis until the Nier banner. The devs stated that they will no longer hinder units in GL and we're getting Nier way sooner than JP did. Plus, there are some CRAZY units/TMs on it. 9S's accessory TM gives:

A120:リペア AoE HoT 3000 Base + 9x Mod over three turns [26MP]
A170:スキャナー 100% Treasure Hunter
A060:Pシールド AoE 2 Turns 40% Phys Mitigation [45MP]
R020:ミラージュ AoE 8 Hits 300% Phys [30MP]

And 210 has a materia:

+15% SPR/HP & 30% Chance to counter Phys/Mag with:
Self: 800 Base + 1x Mod Heal

Edit: Yes, there are many units you cannot summon now but they are mostly Holiday units (Halloween, Christmas, New Year, and maybe some FFBE units). Also, I play FFRK.

Second edit: ONCE THE NIER BANNER IS GONE, YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO SUMMON THOSE UNITS (like other special banners).
 Phoenix.Libbien
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-07-16 11:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we know specifically when the Nier banner is coming?
 Odin.Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-07-16 11:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Libbien said: »
Do we know specifically when the Nier banner is coming?

Theory/rumor is next month since it coincides with a raid.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-07-16 12:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to know. I will also stop pulling for the elf lady.

Also, ability awakenings... they generally seem to suck. I could enhance Lightning a little, but I kind of doubt I will even be using her once I get another DD geared. Atm I think I will just hoard mats.

Do we know when the next section of story mode will come out?
 Odin.Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-07-16 13:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lightning ability Crushing Blow+1 makes it 3.5X but +2 gives -75% Lightning res, so unless you are using lightning weapons, not a huge thing (And Ace's Tri-beam+2 adds -75% for fire/light/lightning). However, Lightspeed levels at 10% MAGIC evasion, so 20% at +2. She suffers from being the first 6* so she's not as crazy as she could be.

Roselia is great because she's a decent healer and gets AoE MP recharge for really CHEAP upgrades. Garnet is cheap and becomes a decent healer (she's mostly used to get Esper bars charged for those requirements). Firion enhancements make him a great finisher with Fin+2 and his Killer+1 (+2 adds maybe 12% damage).
 Ragnarok.Bepe
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2017-07-16 14:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate and love this game sometimes. For instance, I really wanted Tilith because i knew she would never come back. So I pulled super hard for her and ended up with Vargas and no Tilith. But then on the ffx banner I really wanted tidus (and 1 rikku to of course) and ended with 0 Tidus and like 10 rikkus sighhh. I have ace so maybe i'll do a fire chain build with him /shrug. I have enough moogles for his greatsword.

Btw has anyone tried a wind chain set up with fohlen? I'm thinking fohlen rasler and kelsus finisher using kaiser knuckles >.>.
 Odin.Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-07-16 14:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Bepe said: »
I hate and love this game sometimes. For instance, I really wanted Tilith because i knew she would never come back. So I pulled super hard for her and ended up with Vargas and no Tilith. But then on the ffx banner I really wanted tidus (and 1 rikku to of course) and ended with 0 Tidus and like 10 rikkus sighhh. I have ace so maybe i'll do a fire chain build with him /shrug. I have enough moogles for his greatsword.

Btw has anyone tried a wind chain set up with fohlen? I'm thinking fohlen rasler and kelsus finisher using kaiser knuckles >.>.

Firion with Kaiser/Crimson/Champion's could be a fun finisher.
 Ragnarok.Bepe
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2017-07-16 16:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually have yun's tm body, 2 champion eblts and kaiser knuckles >.> they were all in prep for my yun, but no one else uses yun! and I only have 1. Hopefully he get some decent enhancements since he's a global exclusive.
 Odin.Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-07-17 15:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone needs the Gilg trial, I made a 100% evasion Lightning with all immunities (even death). Just auto-attack and she'll win. Should take about an hour...? She has a 58% counter rate and if you want to get the LB kill, when he's barely visible HP, use it. If you request me, please, put "FFXIAH" in comments
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-07-17 15:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Rikiyame said: »
If anyone needs the Gilg trial, I made a 100% evasion Lightning with all immunities (even death). Just auto-attack and she'll win. Should take about an hour...? She has a 58% counter rate and if you want to get the LB kill, when he's barely visible HP, use it. If you request me, please, put "FFXIAH" in comments

I barely got past it, and recently too but would love to abuse your lightning for the 30% atk materia as i dont have a strong enough team to go with 5. Would you mind posting your friend # or whatever it is I need, I've never done it lol.

Edit: Nevermind, found it and thanks in advance.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-07-17 16:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Also sent a request. Getting through Gilg would e great.

I have a Zargabaath up right now if you haven't capped out mines yet.

lol, I am sitting at 128/130 friends. Time to purge again.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-07-17 18:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Random question... without access to a ton of TMRs, what would be a good way to mitigate mp usage on Rikku? I don't have an mp battery outside of friend units or tidus technically so was thinking about trying diabolos for osmose, but didn't know if it was worth it.
 Odin.Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-07-17 19:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Random question... without access to a ton of TMRs, what would be a good way to mitigate mp usage on Rikku? I don't have an mp battery outside of friend units or tidus technically so was thinking about trying diabolos for osmose, but didn't know if it was worth it.

Roselia is super cheap to enhance for 30 MP AoE and she's a decent healer.

Thancred can target anyone but himself. Bartz is the sacrificial Mana Battery. Rosa has a little AoE one. White Witch Fina (which, I heard the Halloween banner was coming back).

Odin has Lance. You can find the recipe Osmose Blade (http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Osmose_Blade). Diabolos and Ramuh have Osmose.

Out of these options (there are more), Osmose Blade is probably best for Rikku, but, really, she just needs to auto-attack and build LB.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-07-17 19:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This Gilg battle is pretty funny. Thanks for the Lightning!
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-07-17 20:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally had energy to try it and yes this gilg fight is awesome ty rikiyame.
 Odin.Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-07-17 20:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

YAY! You're welcome! I usually have solid TGCid, Tilith, or event unit, so feel free to keep me.

Edit: To add to the MP post, Lakshmi Esper gets an ability and a Fat Chocobo has an Auto-Refresh materia (5% MP recovered per turn) for 200 Star Quartz.
 Phoenix.Erics
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2017-07-17 22:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 970atk orlandeau 719.117.954
714 mag. Ashe for event(normally 900atk noctis) 889.210.286
and an 741 atk orlandeau account 973.021.141
just let me know your account name when you send invites so i know who to accept
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-07-18 04:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Your 719 guy is full. My name is Byrth and my ID is 330.433.609

Also, my Zidane is at 46% TMR now! I cannot seem to get the LB killshot reward from Gilg because counter damage exceeds LB damage by a lot, but I will probably get DW in a week or two.

I am also working on Duggles' tmr because it is Earth element damage and Aileen is my best DD atm.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-07-18 08:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Gave the ELT Echidna trial a go last night with the perfect evasion lightning and she was awesome. I think once I get dualcast on Refia (or block confusion on Yshtola) I should be fine. If not for charm, you could auto attack your way to a win like in the Gilg trial.
 Odin.Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-07-18 10:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Gave the ELT Echidna trial a go last night with the perfect evasion lightning and she was awesome. I think once I get dualcast on Refia (or block confusion on Yshtola) I should be fine. If not for charm, you could auto attack your way to a win like in the Gilg trial.

Fingersnap and Bushido Freedom can wipe charm (put them on a weak ATK character like a tank with a rod/staff). Just self-target by clicking on the character and then pick "Target". Byrth's Zarg is actually an amazing unit for this fight as his Archadian Light will negate Echidna's debuffs for three turns and buff stats by 60%. Safety Bit on your tank and you should be able to go in full DPS.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-07-18 11:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I just stuck Bushido Freedom on him too if you want him for it.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-07-18 12:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Rikiyame said: »

Fingersnap and Bushido Freedom can wipe charm (put them on a weak ATK character like a tank with a rod/staff). Just self-target by clicking on the character and then pick "Target". Byrth's Zarg is actually an amazing unit for this fight as his Archadian Light will negate Echidna's debuffs for three turns and buff stats by 60%. Safety Bit on your tank and you should be able to go in full DPS.

Yea I was aware of the dispel, but when the rest of my party is dead it didn't matter lol. Thanks for the tip on the status resist though, I will throw Byrth an invite and hopefully that pushes me over the hump.

Edit: Can't find you Byrth, quit hiding lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 116 117 118