Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI The Movie: Every in-game cutscene on youtube
FFXI The Movie: Every in-game cutscene on youtube
By Korvana 2016-02-06 11:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOepq2lSVvU&list=PLZHhMkXG6vo68MJYWcgKm2vpLhX7tmjPo&index=1

Two days ago I finally added RoV. With this, every cutscene in the game has been posted, including every mission and quest, the mythic weapon questline, the two ergon weapons, and all 16 relic weapons -- big thanks to Byrthnoth for his forced cutscene script, and big thanks to Rekah for assistance with the last 4 relic weapons.

It has been a very difficult three years. Korvana was created February 2013, and the first year was spent clearing the missions and quests. I lost about 8 months to the previous iteration of this project, wherein I grouped many missions and quests together in 20-50 minute "episodes"; this was done due to a limitation of Sony Vegas, which does not allow batch encoding like Adobe Premiere does. The first upload of my rebooted project was in December 2014, and the series is now officially concluded in February 2016.

The purpose of this project was to raise awareness of the intricate and rich story of Vana'diel. Too many times, I have heard of people intending to play "every numbered FF game" but skipping over XI, because it's "not a real FF game" or "it's too hard to get into." With a total runtime of 80 hours and 13 minutes, FFXI The Movie contains more content than Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, X, X-2, XII, XIII, XIII-2, and Lightning Returns, COMBINED (~47 hours). Being a game with thousands of NPCs and thousands of hours to interact with them, it has a more intriguing history and mythology than any other Final Fantasy game can boast.

I will be following the content updates on Playonline, just in case they add any more quests with cutscenes. But having spent nearly every free hour on this project, I am glad to finally move on and get on with other things. Chrono Cross, maybe? I've been meaning to try FFIX too...

Permanent mirror available on mega.nz:

Part 1
Part 2
[+]
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Balloon 2016-02-06 12:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I really do appreciate this, I always thought it was a shame that FFXIs story lived solely in FFXI. It limits a whole host of people from experiencing it.

I've only seen a few so far, but I really enjoy the level appropriate gear.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-06 12:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow. I never imagined someone would take the time to post every cutscene in FFXI, because I know how many there are. Thanks for all the time you put in to this, I will be sharing it with my linkshell. It's crazy how much story FFXI has, and considering most of us "bashed the OK button" to skip through cutscenes to keep up with friends (or were just lazy), it's cool to know we can revisit any story from the game and have all the time in the world to appreciate it.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-02-06 13:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you so much Korvana for finally completing this awesome project ;)
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-02-06 13:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Stickied, because this is amazing.
[+]
By Odinz 2016-02-12 07:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Impressive - SE probably doesn't even have the resources for XI to do the same thing.
Tip of the hat to you.
 Asura.Nazantia
user: Nazantia
By Asura.Nazantia 2016-02-18 10:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda wanted to do this but realized what a huge project it would be (hell I haven't even finished all my missions). Super duper kudos to you! 80 hours!
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-18 10:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn I would have settled for major expansion story lines, I always wished SE would make revisiting the story-line easier, but I guess you guys beat them to it.

Kudos!
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2016-02-20 17:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Great work Korvana!

I actually want to put together a video at some point to showcase the aesthetic beauty of Vana'diel as many players dislike FFXI because of 'blocky graphics' and many of the cutscenes have some truly beautiful moments.

Would you be okay with me using some (or a fair bit) of the content you've shot? I'll credit you fully for the recordings :)
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2016-02-20 17:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Katairyu said: »
Great work Korvana!

I actually want to put together a video at some point to showcase the aesthetic beauty of Vana'diel as many players dislike FFXI because of 'blocky graphics' and many of the cutscenes have some truly beautiful moments.

Would you be okay with me using some (or a fair bit) of the content you've shot? I'll credit you fully for the recordings :)

Could also use this, was always one of my favourite showings of FFXI's small touches.

[+]
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2016-02-20 17:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Balloon said: »
Great work Korvana!

Could also use this, was always one of my favourite showings of FFXI's small touches.

Ah cheers :D I love this but some of the clips are a little choppy so I may rerecord some of these myself, want to get some pretty landscapes in there too :)
[+]
By Korvana 2016-03-06 02:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course, all of the content belongs to SE in the first place. I only take credit for the work compiling and distributing it.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-03-06 05:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice project keeps the CSes there that most of us have forgotten.

I've always said to my friends once this time comes in XI's life that SE should release an offline single player version. Not sure how much of the game they would be able to get into the game possibly leave out dynamis and anything from Abyssea onwards and sync the difficulty of WoTG missions to 75. Just have relics as reward for completing one of the main city stories and mythic for completing ToAU. Could also have the gambit system back from XII to make trusts a bit smarter.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2016-04-05 21:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This is really cool. I'd been working every now and then on doing something similar, though I was mainly doing missions, with a few quests thrown in, and even that I wasn't sure if I'd ever finish. This is way more complete. Having worked on what I've already done, I know just how much work goes into it, so lots of respect for this massive undertaking.
By Korvana 2016-04-13 20:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! I respect the videos you put up too, you covered Adoulin and Rhapsodies several months before I got to it, and you had a good presentation format. And I loved the blue hair too :3
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [56 days between previous and next post]
By Takisan 2016-06-08 15:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

A true bard! Awesome work.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [116 days between previous and next post]
By Korvana 2016-10-02 18:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Permanent mirror available on mega.nz:

Part 1
Part 2
[+]