Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Iron Plate / Colourless Souls
Iron Plate / Colourless Souls
By ySoCereal 2016-01-16 01:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have the time to explain the quickest / most efficient way to farm the plates/souls for Ochain?

Missed out on 6 years of FFXI, only came back to craft / light solo.

So looking at how all these lights/KI/tiered NM's work is a bit daunting lol. Plus all the wikis seem outdated with current changes to the game.

I have the time to spare, would most likely go thf/dnc, just want to rattle through it.

Appreciate the help, thanks.
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2016-01-16 01:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sparks gear would work get rhapsodies of vana. Ki's first so you can get tier changes 100% for souls. Plates just farm pop items and kill ironclads. With a who trust in abysses you will be fine they get the same atmas you use so just use a refresh ATMa if you don't have aprururururururu. Honestly should be able to make a ochain in 2-3 days of casual play if that's all you do to 85 anyways
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Madranta
Server: Valefor
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2016-01-16 05:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently in the process of farming these myself and would agree with most that's been said here. The Rhapsodies KI for 100% abyssite upgrades is massively helpful. Aby-Grauberg is the place to go for Iron Plates. I had 23/50 plates stored on a mule from seals farming in years past and I was able to finish the last 27 of them in about 2.5 hours. Not bad at all. Remember to use Flee between camps.

Even though you didn't ask about them, I will suggest that you go for Azdaja's Horns at the same time that you are doing Colorless Souls. It is a more efficient use of time than doing them separately. The NM (Deelgeed) that drops the pop item for Azdaja is a 10-15 minute timed spawn. You can kill him, kill Azdaja, then go kill the T1, T2 and finally T3 abyssite NMs for Colorless Souls. By that time Deelgeed should have respawned and you can go kill him and Azdaja again.

Now, the 2nd time around the T3 for Grauberg won't be back up yet (~30 minute respawn) so you'll need to warp and kill the T1 through T3 in either Aby-Altepa or Aby-Uleguerand (I suggest the latter). In Uleguerand, the T1s are near Confluxes 5 & 6. Both the T2 and T3 are south of Conflux 7. In Altepa, the T1s I've found have been SE of Conflux 3 & north of Conflux 7. Both the T2 and T3 are north and often east of Conflux 5. After killing one of these 2, return to Grauberg and restart the process. If you're really fast you might want to kill BOTH of these other T3s before returning to Grauberg to give Maere time to respawn.

Lastly, for this strategy you'll want to go THF/WAR and learn about Red procs. This is only useful against Deelgeed to guarantee he'll drop the Azdaja pop KI. /WAR will give you access to the most possible WSs that are used to Red proc. The link has the list of them. You'll want to bring a sword THF can use (I use Trainee Sword, easily quested), a club (suggestions: Roundsey Wand, Warp Cudgel), a staff (Signet staves, level 51 elemental staves) and if you have them, both Pitchfork and Ark Scythe. With all of these you can cover 9 of the possible 13 Red trigger WSs. One note: You cannot proc any NM while it is doing a TP move or casting a spell. Time your proc WSs so they don't coincide with Deelgeed's TP moves. If you can't get the Red proc the KI still has a decent drop rate, I'd estimate about 2/3.
[+]
 Phoenix.Syto
Server: Phoenix
user: Sessho
By Phoenix.Syto 2016-01-16 16:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Acey said: »
Sparks gear would work get rhapsodies of vana. Ki's first so you can get tier changes 100% for souls. Plates just farm pop items and kill ironclads. With a who trust in abysses you will be fine they get the same atmas you use so just use a refresh ATMa if you don't have aprururururururu. Honestly should be able to make a ochain in 2-3 days of casual play if that's all you do to 85 anyways

That's the spirit!! :D ... Who the *** gives a ***about grammar and English?

We need to get more people to post like this on FFXIAH. Will bring the grammar Nazi's out of Christmas hibernation. This one definitely gave me cancer. Keep up the great work, I'm going to frame this one..:D
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2016-01-16 20:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Syto said: »

We need to get more people to post like this on FFXIAH. Will bring the grammar Nazi's out of Christmas hibernation. This one definitely gave me cancer. Keep up the great work, I'm going to frame this one..:D

Thanks posting from a phone so I really don't care about proper grammar right now. You can go get butthurt somewhere else. I was only trying to give someone a little piece of advice to help them out, but *** like you have to put your two cents in also. Is that better now that I'm ending my sentences for you with periods? And question marks! And exclamation points!

Edit. Unless you weren't being a smart *** then I apologize
By Skarwind 2016-01-16 21:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks posting from a phone so I really don't care about proper grammar right now. You can go get butthurt somewhere else. I was only trying to give someone a little piece of advice to help them out, but *** like you have to put your two cents in also. Is that better now that I'm ending my sentences for you with periods? And question marks! And exclamation points!

Edit. Unless you weren't being a smart *** then I apologize

Grammar Nazis expect perfect grammar even when its coming from a cell phone. Thats hilarious.
 Phoenix.Syto
user: Sessho
By Phoenix.Syto 2016-01-17 02:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao. I wasn't being smart. I was just encouraging you. I loved your post. It was so deep. I just want to provoke the Grammar Gnomes out of their burrows. Then we can attack them together. We'll 'one-shot' them with your posts. No worries. You have the power.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2016-01-17 05:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
LMAO, I was not being smart; I was just encouraging you. I loved your post: it was so deep and I just wanted to provoke the "grammar gnomes" out of their burrows.
Then, we can attack them together. We will "one-shot" them with your posts. No worries, you have the power.

/shrug
By ySoCereal 2016-01-17 07:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the replies guys, great help!! :)
By ySoCereal 2016-01-17 09:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Have been reading you can get the pop items from gold chests but there is a way to get them to pop more often, can anyone explain how? Thanks
 Phoenix.Terasan
user: Terasan
By Phoenix.Terasan 2016-01-17 10:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Building amber light in Abyssea by killing mobs with Elemental WSs (Red Lotus Blade, Seraph Blade, Flash Nova) will cause more and larger gold boxes to pop, larger boxes tend to have more temporary items and key items in my experience.
[+]
By ySoCereal 2016-01-17 10:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have to get the killing blow with the WS?
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-01-23 10:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Killing blow with the magical WS, yes.

That's how I've helped farm about 3 1/2 Ochains worth of Azdaja horns, anyway.

It won't help you farm souls any faster, though- but it could help with your plates.

I personally would farm plates while doing souls in Aby Ugly. The IC in that zone doesn't use Ballistic Kick (but will Invincible).

To pop him, you need a Beveled Gear and Gear Fluid. One drops off the archaic gear mobs near the IC camp (watch for the chariots nearby...one is harmless but the other sucks if you're not prepared for it). The other is from an NM that's popped off an item from the Acroliths found right in the IC camp.

Incidentally, the t2 Chione tends to be nearby, and the t3 Ogapogo is also found here. Ogo WILL NOT DIE till he uses Tidal Wave on you, so if he sits at 1% for awhile, wait him out.

You can cycle zones, from Altep to Grau to Ugly, especially if people are overcamping you.

Random note: The Ifrit vnm in Altep has some hellacious flame spikes, be sure you have enough meva to not die to it.

Feel free to poke me in game if you need any help :D
 Asura.Baddog
Server: Asura
user: Maddog
By Asura.Baddog 2016-01-24 02:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

no need to cheat to farm colorless souls, simply put "/heal <wait .1>" in all 6 lines in 2 macros and spam both quickly when you're popping the NM and most of the time you will keep the tier 3 abyssite. you can do this in vanilla pol so it's SE's own fault you can do this. Call it an exploit if you must.
By Davorin 2016-01-24 02:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Baddog said: »
no need to cheat to farm colorless souls, simply put "/heal <wait .1>" in all 6 lines in 2 macros and spam both quickly when you're popping the NM and most of the time you will keep the tier 3 abyssite. you can do this in vanilla pol so it's SE's own fault you can do this. Call it an exploit if you must.

Shenanigans.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2016-01-24 06:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This is completely false. You can't even use wait .1 in vanilla pol. The lowest wait time that vanilla pol recognizes is wait 1. Source: Your text to link here...
By Wordspoken 2016-01-24 09:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of bans have taken place because of this delusion. Exploit is a bannable offense, regardless of what SE slips into the game. Tread carefully, bro.
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-01-24 11:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Guy apparently doesn't know what an exploit is.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-01-24 13:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Because using that's not cheating, of course. -.-
 Cerberus.Zaffre
Server: Cerberus
user: cocl
By Cerberus.Zaffre 2016-02-13 13:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

RingMyBell said: »
I recently finished my Ochain and my strategy was to focus on Abyssea - Grauberg because it had an Ironclad (Iron Plates), Maere (Colorless Souls) and Azdaja (Azdaja's Horns). You could get all the materials to take your Ochain to level 90 in the same zone.

For IRON PLATES:
Head to Conflux #8. Kill Stygian Djinns to get a Darkflame Arm. Kill Sinister Seidels to get a Bubbling Oil to spawn Teekesselchen. In my experience, I got a Teekesselchen Fragment ~80% of the time. Use the Darkflame Arm and Teekesselchen Fragment to spawn the Ironclad Sunderer. You'll always get at least 1x Iron Plate. Sometimes, you might even get 2x! All of these mobs/spawn points are very close to each other.

For COLORLESS SOULS:
T1 - Air Elemental/Dark Elmental: Spawns and wanders around the area south of Conflux #3 and north of Conflux #2. You'll get a feel for it and understand exactly where they'll always be once you do it a few times. Goblins aggro sight. Pugils aggro sound.

T2 - Gamayun: Spawns and wanders around the area in-and-between where the Sinister Seidels and Monitors spawn. Monitors aggro sound.

T3 - Maere: Spawns and wanders around the area in-and-between where the Sinister Seidels and Monitors spawn. Monitors aggro sound. He can and will use Nightmare. It's nothing to worry about, but it will slow down how fast you can kill him only because you'll be forever asleep and eating Bio damage.

*** When hunting for Darkflame Arms and the T2/T3 Abyssite NM, watch for the Assailer Chariot. I know it's a bold new ilvl 119 world, but Homing Missile will still kill if you if you're derping around and not paying any attention whatsoever. They aggro something. I don't remember what. Just avoid them. ***

Absolutely get the Rhapsody KI ("Rhapsody in Muave" from completing RoV 2-40) that forces the Abyssites to upgrade 100% of the time like Acey said. Unless you're a masochist, it is imperative.

I always went as THF/DNC (lots of sneaking around to avoid sight/sound detecting mobs around the area where the T1-T3 Abyssite NM can spawn) and it was helpful. You can pretty much use whatever Trust combo you want as long as you can get some Haste II and Marches to help speed up the killing process.

It's just a time-consuming process. It's not really hard, though.

PS: Use this map. It is your friend. Abyssea - Grauberg

I used your method and farmed an ochain in about 5 days. Took roughly 12 hours of farming a day. I did all the plates in a day, and the rest of the time I did the horns and souls together.