Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Dissidia: Final Fantasy Y'shtola's Trailer
Dissidia: Final Fantasy Y'shtola's Trailer
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-11-26 10:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Y'shtola from FFXIV will be in Dissidia.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Coming soon to many arcades in Japan.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-11-26 11:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

fan of the ff series, but not sure they rly needed a third one to this line..
 Siren.Clinpachii
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-26 11:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't feel like they are doing this the proper justice it deserves in terms of story (which is what the series is known for). I feel like it's just, hey here is all your favorite characters. Go fight and stuff.

There should have been a big story build up and the epic CG that we know can be pulled off thanks to the FFXIV realm reborn cutscenes.

It's been too long since i played the original PSP version, I think they TRIED to do that but its just not great execution.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-26 11:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure there are many characters that can be added to Dissidia and would make people happy about it. This is actually one of the few instances where DLC would be perfectly justifiable...but instead SE will just release Dissidia Revenge in two years to add Noctis, Shadow Lord and some new villain from FFXIV 4.0.
 Valefor.Shiroha
user: Shiroha
By Valefor.Shiroha 2015-11-26 11:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure about the rest of you but I'm really excited about this! I enjoy the Dissidia games very much.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-11-26 11:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachii said: »
I don't feel like they are doing this the proper justice it deserves in terms of story (which is what the series is known for). I feel like it's just, hey here is all your favorite characters. Go fight and stuff.

There should have been a big story build up and the epic CG that we know can be pulled off thanks to the FFXIV realm reborn cutscenes.

It's been too long since i played the original PSP version, I think they TRIED to do that but its just not great execution.
They're showing off the gameplay rather than cutscenes because that's what arcade players care about most.
The PS4 port (which is a year away at minimum) is where they'd add any story if they're going to bother with it.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Sure there are many characters that can be added to Dissidia and would make people happy about it. This is actually one of the few instances where DLC would be perfectly justifiable...but instead SE will just release Dissidia Revenge in two years to add Noctis, Shadow Lord and some new villain from FFXIV 4.0.
They confirmed months ago that they'll be adding new characters in updates. They're aiming for 50+ in total.
If it's anything like the Gundam VS games (since the gameplay is pretty much identical at least), they'll continue adding new characters to the arcade even after the port is released, and the console version will get them a couple of months later as DLC.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-26 11:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm severely doubting the adding of any cut scenes or cool story. It's basically being treated like street fighter and just a character select followed by fighting.

I hope I'm wrong of course. But doubtful.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-11-26 12:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Already got my no plot game quota filled for 2016

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-26 12:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you talking about, that game has plenty of plot!
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-11-26 12:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Schizm Gallantry said: »
I don't know why but most people have to sneak footage of the game...

Because as a general rule you do not film in public places in Japan, much less in arcades.

You usually have to ask the approval from the owner and even then, it's not something that is a habit or popular. Even a place like Nakano TRF would be difficult to film.

Are you referring to "plotter" which literally means "to fondle"?

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-11-26 12:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You right

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-26 14:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't really kept up with this version that much. They will be adding all the opposing characters right?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-11-27 16:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Schizm Gallantry said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
]Because as a general rule you do not film in public places in Japan, much less in arcades.

You usually have to ask the approval from the owner and even then, it's not something that is a habit or popular. Even a place like Nakano TRF would be difficult to film.

I was just thinking, if I was at an arcade with this game, I would probably record my game that I was playing just to show people, in case people were asking about it.

I was just wondering also if this was something like Google or filter that was restricting uploads, because I was only able to find a few (I think only 2) recordings of the game since it came out.
It seem to have come out in the same arcades as Gundam did, so they're more often than not "empty" when it comes to those specific games.

There are plenty of huge games coming out in arcades that you'll barely find videos of online, even months after it came out.

There might be a copyright toward outside Japan, Google should list it at the bottom of your search. Though, that'd be pretty unusual from SE.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-11-27 17:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait.... there are people here that play EXVSFB besides me? Do you guys play online too or mostly offline?

I'm hoping with the PS4 of this new game, I can use my arcade sticks and not have to use the right analog stick too much.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2015-11-27 17:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

probably be a story mode when it on ps4 as well.