Seiryu v2 Strategy
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-05 03:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Sounds like the GEOs did indi-lang/malaise and never actually acted on the mob or something else very vital wasn't being applied.
I'll ask the Idris GEO, but I doubt that's the case because the SMN said they noticed an increase in damage (from under 10k to ~14k when Malaise was applied. As I said before initially only Languor was up), which leads me to think GEO was in Seiryu's enmity list.
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-10-06 01:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Sounds like the GEOs did indi-lang/malaise and never actually acted on the mob or something else very vital wasn't being applied.
I'll ask the Idris GEO, but I doubt that's the case because the SMN said they noticed an increase in damage (from under 10k to ~14k when Malaise was applied. As I said before initially only Languor was up), which leads me to think GEO was in Seiryu's enmity list.

Was definitely using Geo-Malaise, and I know the other geo had a different geo spell up too. Not sure what the issue was but I could see the smn dmg in chat log, and I think I only saw it go over 20k+ once (only one of the smn, other one don't think even broke that). The cor was told to do those rolls in video but I was in other party so can not say for sure they were kept up the whole fight though our cor pretty good so should have been.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-06 01:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cyleena said: »
Was definitely using Geo-Malaise,
I know you were Cyl, but remember in the beginning (for the first ~10%) when Malaise wasn't up and nobody noticed until Jkun said it?
After that it's been up full time and considering it produced a damage difference in Blood Pacts, it leads me to think that you were into Seiryu's enmity list, otherwise damage would've stayed the same, no?
Because Eijin's question was that: "Did the GEO perform any action to get into the NM's enmity list?"
And my answer was that yes, I strongly believe they did.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-10-06 20:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well we just had a 15 min unsuccessful fight vs this NM, all other fights prior have ended in a wipe. Issue was no longer a fight to survive, but a fight to beat the regen it seems to have. It was noticeable around 84%, then more so the longer the fight went. We assume that the Luminohelix was the main factor as to its regen being so potent. Is there a reason this is wrong? Did I miss something in this or other forum posting about its regen being potent over time? Please someone help me figure my problem please. Did get it near 60% before it would regen back to or past the % we just took it down from.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-10-07 06:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think there's any way around the regen. You need competent players with gear from this era to do more damage than it regens.
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-10-07 07:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Well we just had a 15 min unsuccessful fight vs this NM, all other fights prior have ended in a wipe. Issue was no longer a fight to survive, but a fight to beat the regen it seems to have. It was noticeable around 84%, then more so the longer the fight went. We assume that the Luminohelix was the main factor as to its regen being so potent. Is there a reason this is wrong? Did I miss something in this or other forum posting about its regen being potent over time? Please someone help me figure my problem please. Did get it near 60% before it would regen back to or past the % we just took it down from.

What strategy were you using? I'm assuming you were using a SCH. If so, you should just Immanence Water > Blizzard = MB Ebullience Cryohelix if they only have T1 helices. A good MB should hit 3-4k which should overwhelm the regen.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-07 07:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Have people been able to try the winds yet? I myself haven't attempted these fights but I'm curious if the winds have any extra effects on these versions.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-10-07 09:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

With my Experience with my LS, the least troubled setup we faced and won was doing it 6-man/women.

PLD WHM COR(i think cor or another geo, dont really remember) SMN GEO SCH.

As usual, PLD on 1 side and the rest on the other and SMN far mid.

SCH self-SC's and SMN Magic Burst with SHIVA for around 43-55K.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-10-07 10:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Strat was PLD WHM GEO GEO SMN SMN COR
Yeah both Smn had 119 Nirvana and nearly capped gear unsure about merits/JP. Both Sch were doing t2 SC while geo had Good bubbles spoken of in this topic. Not gona say the SCH are top end, neither had 550JP+ Would that be the best fix to it?
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-10-07 11:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If they didn't have access to T2 Helices which is at 1200 JP, then doing Immanence Luminohelix > Water would keep a weak helix on Seiryu because T1 helices overwrite one another regardless of damage. Same applies for T2 helices but not relevant here. 550 JP would help you but you should be fine considering that you have 2 SCHs. I would just recommend doing Immanence Water > Ice which makes Induration and have SMNs MB w/ Heavenly Strike while one SCH at least keep up Ebullience Cryohelix if the fight is really taking over 5 minutes.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-10-07 11:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

your strat lists 7 people with no sch, then you say both sch, so you aren't listing your honest setup.. and i know for a fact none of your smns are 'nearly capped gear'

cutting out extra people and streamlining your setup is almost always the best way to improve
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-10-07 11:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP is always the answer
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-10-07 12:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Some clarification. PLD WHM SMN x2 SCH x2 Geo X2. I agree with thorny that Streamlining is the best way, however if that is not an option due to factors of a LS event or non-pug simply deal with that which you are dealt. Stamos Dude Pup is in fact the answer to everything unless you are on Blu or Whm.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-10-16 10:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

lol finally did beat this and again last night was a lil rough for the sch she died think 3 times but won with 12 however Kirin was... well best we did was 40% in like 3 min.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [72 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Johnb
Server: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-12-27 00:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Like most Geas Fete NM, you can use x2 Idris GEO Bolster, x2 BST Unleash/Run Wild/Familiar, Geo-Vex, Geo-Wilt, Indi-Attunement, Indi-Frailty, Entrust Indi-Torpor and it goes down in 1-2mins. Reset 1hr at MMM Revitalization Team and repeat.