Pokémon GO! - (Savage)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Pokémon GO! - (Savage)
Pokémon GO! - (Savage)
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-16 11:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So let me get this right...

In gold/silver, sudowoodo could be permanently missed by not catching him, as he was an obstacle in the game path. And now, one of my most former prized Pokemon accomplishments in catching sudo is locked behind this Asia specific nonsense!?

Nintendo conspiracy...
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2017-02-16 12:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If they add trading then it probably won't matter.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-16 12:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm almost positive trading is not going to be global. That would essentially defeat the purpose of having region-exclusive pokemon, as anyone could obtain any pokemon.

What sounds like the most logical idea which has been hypothesized by users is a range-based trading queue system, where you can view within a short radius of your surroundings anybody particularly looking to trade a certain type, and what they'd want in return.

Walk into a mall, put your 95% IV Blastoise up for trade, and then request a Charizard in return. All others within a 500 meter radius sees your trade request and can respond, accept, or counter.

This is just the idea behind how we think they will implement it, but I can almost guarantee global trading will not exist. Otherwise, what would have been the point of making region exlusives in the first place?
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2017-02-16 16:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

They added Espeon ; ;
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2017-02-16 18:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Opened Pokemon Go, got a Hoothoot and Natu, there is an Aipom and Sentret nearby but I'm not going out now!
 Phoenix.Komugichan
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Komugichan 2017-02-16 18:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I can confirm Sudowoodo is not Asia exclusive just caught one.
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2017-02-16 19:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

caught my first gen2 in my room
[+]
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2017-02-16 20:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I took advantage of the update and made a semi-helpful video. Watch it and pad my view count won't you?

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2017-02-16 20:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So much for all that Eevee candy saving I was doing. Did they do a trick for evolving Poliwhirl to Politoed or Slowpoke to Slowking?

Because Politoed especially seems super annoying to leave to chance.

EDIT: Just read up myself.

Kings rock, Metal Coat, Sunstone, Up-grade are all new items used for evolutions.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-02-16 21:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I also caught a Sudowoodo so it isn't Asia exclusive like I had predicted it would be. A friend of mine also caught a Heracross so we're good there too.

One thing I haven't seen yet is a Miltank.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-02-16 22:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend of mine caught a Miltank, lives in the USA.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-02-16 22:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Good, that's a relief. Miltank is one of my favorites from Johto.

So what all does that leave as possible region specific? Or if there are even any from this generation?
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-02-17 17:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Opened Go up at a diner, caught a Sentret and a Murkrow.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-02-17 18:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Upgrading to an Umbreon gave me an unexpectedly weak upgrade. 536 Eevee gave an 1175 Umbreon.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-02-17 19:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like the Region Exclusive pokemon is Heracross for Central and South America.

However, Niantic got lazy, and drew the line at the 29th parallel. Which means there's two sections of the US (and I've confirmed with friends) that can catch Heracross.

1. South Texas
2. South Florida
 Bismarck.Lothoro
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2017-02-17 20:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone get any of the upgrade items (aka Sun Stone) from Pokestops yet? Curious on how rare they are. Have a 100% IV Seadra waiting on that Dragon Scale....
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-02-17 20:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
Anyone get any of the upgrade items (aka Sun Stone) from Pokestops yet? Curious on how rare they are. Have a 100% IV Seadra waiting on that Dragon Scale....

I got a Metal Coat the very first PokeStop I spun last night, used it on my Onix immediately. I haven't seen anything of the sort since then.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-02-17 20:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

friend was sat at the University between 4 pokestops last night for an hour or two and didn't get anything
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-02-17 20:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Both my Eevees were around 550 CP, Umbreon was 1246 and Espeon was 1754. Umbreon has more HP (122 VS 89), but seems quite crappier.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-02-17 21:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a Sun Stone from a stop today
Also got a Teddiursa, so.... <3
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-02-21 13:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Milwaukee County requires Pokémon Go and AR/VR games to get land use permits

Venture Beat

Quote:
When you own land, you often own the rights to minerals, oil, or metals beneath it. Do you also own the right to virtual or mixed reality creations on it? And do you have the legal ability to legislate their use or positioning over virtual representations of your property?

That’s what Milwaukee County appears to be saying.

The county beside Lake Michigan has passed an ordinance requiring companies creating virtual or mixed reality creations in apps to get a permit to locate them in the real world. Niantic, the company behind Pokémon Go, would have to pay between $100 and $1,000 in order to assign Pokéstops inside public parks, for instance, and to allow the game’s creatures to roam there.

This is an interesting precedent.

Actual property can be owned, of course, and virtual property can be as well. Second Life, for instance, is in its second decade of selling virtual property, and it’s moving into VR. But mixed or augmented reality is a new kettle of fish.

Augmented reality is a virtual overlay on actual reality, painting digital objects over analog backgrounds. The digital objects — whether monsters in a game, tools in a Microsoft Hololens, or directions on a real-time mapping systems — don’t impinge on “reality” in any way.

However, they do have impacts.

The county has had an influx of mobile game players who, it says, added traffic, left trash, potentially affected ecologically sensitive dunes, and cost the sheriff’s department extra due to required security.

On the one hand, public spaces are public, and people have a right to go there. On the other hand, the digital world is having an increasing impact on the physical world. Ask the neighborhood restaurant that was flooded with foodies after the Michelin Guide — the gourmet’s bible — mistakenly awarded it a Michelin star.

The state of Illinois is apparently considering a similar statute, so this appears to be something the mobile games industry — and perhaps the entire mobile and mixed-reality community — will have to deal with.

The result could be chaos and gridlock, as mixed reality and augmented reality seek ways to get permits for thousands of global locales and legislative areas.

And the costs could cripple a still-young industry.
Cross posted in R P&R
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-21 13:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cross response from P&R
Garuda.Chanti said: »
OK, this is about as random as politics gets.

Milwaukee County requires Pokémon Go and AR/VR games to get land use permits

Venture Beat

Quote:
When you own land, you often own the rights to minerals, oil, or metals beneath it. Do you also own the right to virtual or mixed reality creations on it? And do you have the legal ability to legislate their use or positioning over virtual representations of your property?

That’s what Milwaukee County appears to be saying.

The county beside Lake Michigan has passed an ordinance requiring companies creating virtual or mixed reality creations in apps to get a permit to locate them in the real world. Niantic, the company behind Pokémon Go, would have to pay between $100 and $1,000 in order to assign Pokéstops inside public parks, for instance, and to allow the game’s creatures to roam there.

This is an interesting precedent.

Actual property can be owned, of course, and virtual property can be as well. Second Life, for instance, is in its second decade of selling virtual property, and it’s moving into VR. But mixed or augmented reality is a new kettle of fish.

Augmented reality is a virtual overlay on actual reality, painting digital objects over analog backgrounds. The digital objects — whether monsters in a game, tools in a Microsoft Hololens, or directions on a real-time mapping systems — don’t impinge on “reality” in any way.

However, they do have impacts.

The county has had an influx of mobile game players who, it says, added traffic, left trash, potentially affected ecologically sensitive dunes, and cost the sheriff’s department extra due to required security.

On the one hand, public spaces are public, and people have a right to go there. On the other hand, the digital world is having an increasing impact on the physical world. Ask the neighborhood restaurant that was flooded with foodies after the Michelin Guide — the gourmet’s bible — mistakenly awarded it a Michelin star.

The state of Illinois is apparently considering a similar statute, so this appears to be something the mobile games industry — and perhaps the entire mobile and mixed-reality community — will have to deal with.

The result could be chaos and gridlock, as mixed reality and augmented reality seek ways to get permits for thousands of global locales and legislative areas.

And the costs could cripple a still-young industry.
I should probably repost this under Pokemon Go in Arcade.
Legally speaking, the county does have the right to request permits for public spaces.

This is new territory, as augmented reality has no legal definitions, and probably can be considered nonproperty, or intangible property (meaning, the state cannot issue permits or deeds of such property. They can issue proprietary deeds, such as patents, on properties though, but this would go beyond the scope of a legally defined proprietary deed.).

I guess it's up for the courts to decide, because I'm sure that somebody is going to sue over this.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-02-22 05:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

This could bring up the whole concept of who truly owns digital subscription content. Is it the company, or is it the person who subscribes to it.

Even though we have player agreements to FFXI, stating we, as players, have no legal right of ownership over our characters, if this were to go to trial, it could open the door up to that being changed.
By Darksparksnot 2017-02-22 07:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, niantic made bucks and the state want a cut. No court will pass this, just look definition of virtual, case close. It saddens me to see this kind of greed, is toxic and cripple future investments.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2017-02-24 16:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Caught a Togetic for the first time today with a Pinap berry. I somehow ended up getting 10 total candies from it? The norm would be 6 total, not sure if there's a rare chance for Pinap berry to double up candies twice, or if its something related to Togetic. Anyone know?
 Shiva.Jirachi
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2017-02-24 17:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Caught a Togetic for the first time today with a Pinap berry. I somehow ended up getting 10 total candies from it? The norm would be 6 total, not sure if there's a rare chance for Pinap berry to double up candies twice, or if its something related to Togetic. Anyone know?
Second Stage evolutions now give 300 Stardust and 5 Candy.
Third Stage evolutions will give 500 Stardust and 10 Candy.
That is also a very nice catch.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2017-02-24 17:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Jirachi said: »

That's awesome. Before, there wasn't much incentive to catch, lets say, a 400 CP Gengar since it would require so much candy to power it up to a useful level. Now, it's worth it to catch very low CP 2nd or 3rd stage evolutions. This 2nd Gen update has been pretty amazing overall.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-02-25 09:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Jirachi said: »

That's awesome. Before, there wasn't much incentive to catch, lets say, a 400 CP Gengar since it would require so much candy to power it up to a useful level. Now, it's worth it to catch very low CP 2nd or 3rd stage evolutions. This 2nd Gen update has been pretty amazing overall.
Depending on their IV as well I take.
No point getting a high CP with Awful IV and pumping it up, much rather get an medium CP with 82~100% IV Range and working on that instead.
By Drkside 2017-03-22 21:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh snap i guess they really did add them

First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63