First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 39 40 41
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-04 00:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You did post a link to an article about some scientists from Cato Institute that were also attacking the NOAA data. That's where it all came from, though I also would say that it has little bearing on your talking points since you're mostly referencing that one dude's website.

In regards to the ethanol, I forgot to include that I was comparing the potential chemical energy from our corn production to the chemical energy of our consumed gasoline. This was because I rewrote it a few times to not be too wordy, something you might want to try instead of making triple posts. The reason I even brought it up was more to point out that we are subsidizing the importing of one fuel and the exporting of another.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-04 08:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
And finially... if anyone of you actually believe data / code has ever been "lost" then your idiots. When millions of USD worth of research grants relies on people doing months of research and then presenting that research, you can bet your *** they have multiple backups along with previous editions of everything.

"Computer crash" doesn't even wipe data, it's still recoverable by any junior level IT professional. If my company can pay a data recovery company $50,000 USD to do an emergency recover of data off a dead corrupted RAID array, then any university can get someone to do a data scrap off a HDD.

In order of data to be "gone" they would of had to burn the entire building down along with any other system connected to the same network and any off site backups that were kept by the network providers.

So no, "data corrupted / gone / computer crash / ect.." is just an excuse for when people did bad things, know they did bad things, and don't want anyone else to be able to prove they did bad things.

Micro SD cards.
Still don't get it, do you?

If a website that contains data is down, upload the data on a different website temporary while fixing the website itself.

I would think that would be the obvious thing to do....especially since that data is the key component to AGW.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-09-04 09:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the data still unavailable and/or corrupt?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-04 09:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Data corrupt on the first website, unavailable on the second.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-09-04 09:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Hmm...

Definitely sounds suspicious now. It should have been fixed and/or restored by now. This isn't rocket science.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-04 09:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm...

Definitely sounds suspicious now. It should have been fixed and/or restored by now. This isn't rocket science.
First website was shut down on 8/29/12 for corrupt data

Unknown when the 2nd became unavailable, but supposed to be up and running on 9/21
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-09-04 11:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
McCartney, Bon Jovi, Fergie join for climate change song

NEW YORK (AP) Paul McCartney, Jon Bon Jovi, Sheryl Crow and Fergie have joined forces to record a song about climate change.

Sean Paul, Leona Lewis and Colbie Caillat also appear on "Love Song to the Earth," which was released Friday on iTunes and Apple Music via Connect.

Proceeds from the track will benefit the United Nations Foundation and Friends of the Earth. Nicole Scherzinger, Natasha Bedingfield, Angelique Kidjo, Kelsea Ballerini and Victoria Justice also appear on the track.

The song was created to support a U.N. conference in Paris this December that's aimed at reaching a deal with more than 190 nations to keep global warming from reaching dangerous levels.

"Love Song to Earth" will receive a wide release on Sept. 11. Johnny Rzeznik, Krewella, Christina Grimmie and Q'Orianka Kilcher also sing on the song.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-09-04 11:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Because singing has solved every problem the Earth has ever faced in the past.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-04 11:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-04 11:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate those type of songs so much..
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-04 11:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I wave a lit lighter to the song, but that's CO2 there...
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-09-04 11:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Think of all those CO2 emissions they could be reducing by not singing.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-09-04 11:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Save the Earth from AGW by releasing even more CO2 from all that singing.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-04 11:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Got to deflate those egos somehow.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-09-04 12:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

And finially... if anyone of you actually believe data / code has ever been "lost" then your idiots. When millions of USD worth of research grants relies on people doing months of research and then presenting that research, you can bet your *** they have multiple backups along with previous editions of everything.

"Computer crash" doesn't even wipe data, it's still recoverable by any junior level IT professional. If my company can pay a data recovery company $50,000 USD to do an emergency recover of data off a dead corrupted RAID array, then any university can get someone to do a data scrap off a HDD.

In order of data to be "gone" they would of had to burn the entire building down along with any other system connected to the same network and any off site backups that were kept by the network providers.

So no, "data corrupted / gone / computer crash / ect.." is just an excuse for when people did bad things, know they did bad things, and don't want anyone else to be able to prove they did bad things.

Micro SD cards.

If a website that contains data is down, upload the data on a different website temporary while fixing the website itself.

I would think that would be the obvious thing to do....especially since that data is the key component to AGW.

Wo~w
Lol this is what "skepticism" looks like.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-04 12:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Micro SD cards.

Wo~w
Lol this is what "skepticism" looks like.
And this is what "blind faith" looks like.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-04 12:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

And this is what a banana looks like

[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-09-04 12:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry that one set of data isn't there for people to stare at clueless, but there have been many other sets provided. If the final sticking point was the lack of personal verification then that should alleviate it somewhat.

Unless it was all an excuse to maintain the illusion of objectivity while still remaining contrary.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-04 12:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What, only one set Pleebo?

I thought we went over this...all 3 of your sets of data are corrupted or restrictive in some fashion...
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-04 12:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Micro SD cards.

Oh, that's so simple, why didn't all the people who know way more about internet infrastructure not think of that?

The web face of a database is just presentation, the actual data isn't "uploaded" to the web site in the manner you're talking about. In addition, why would anyone build another portal to take the place of one they're taking down for repairs? It makes no sense from a technical standpoint, the data is still available, you just request it. It's just something for people to latch onto as justification for clear denial.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-09-04 15:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

What, only one set Pleebo?

I thought we went over this...all 3 of your sets of data are corrupted or restrictive in some fashion...
Only the first one is down. There's also links to more in the most recent link I posted. The data are accessible to people with the proper knowledge and technology. That doesn't make them "restrictive". I'm sorry you can't upload these files into TurboTax.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-04 15:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
The data are accessible to people with the proper knowledge and technology. That doesn't make them "restrictive".
It's not restrictive if the data can be downloaded in a format that nearly everyone has, like Excel or Adobe.

But even you have to admit that the data is restrictive if you have to buy a program to read such data. Even if the program is free, it would still be considered restrictive because not everyone is as trusting with unknown programs...

Keep grasping Pleebo, keep grasping.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-09-04 15:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Not all data sets are compatible with Excel or Adobe(lol dafuq?). Your personal inability to work with or understand these data sets is a reflection on you and not the information. R is a completely free statistical program that's widely used across many disciplines. Sitting at the adults table means having to use the big boy utensils.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-04 15:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep grasping Pleebo, keep grasping.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-09-04 15:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

He's not grasping. There is nothing particularly unusual about needing to use specific programs to access the data (which can then export it into another format). If I wanted cancer data from SEER, I'd have to do the same thing.

I also fully expect at least some of the models to (and my brief glimpse over them appears to confirm this) have spatial components, which wouldn't really function in an Excel environment.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-04 15:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
I also fully expect those models to be (and my brief glimpse over them appears to confirm this) spatial models, which wouldn't really function in an Excel environment.
I'm not asking for models, I'm asking for the raw data used for the models.

And since several different websites are supposed to use the same data, it would be nice to verify that these data are the same. Wouldn't take long to do either...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-09-04 15:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Raw data for climatological models are records of various climate parameters. For instance, temperature data, which has been provided.
By fonewear 2015-09-07 06:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You keep talking about data...going to turn me on.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 39 40 41