[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-18 23:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This reminds me of my short-lived plan to remake EarthBound using Kirby Super Star mechanics.

edit: It's been so long since I've played FF7 that I forgot how brilliant it was to have a main character in blue clothes and blonde hair run around a dull brown world.
 Bismarck.Bairdos
Server: Bismarck
user: Bairdos
By Bismarck.Bairdos 2015-08-19 08:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Thought we were talking about this:

That was exactly what I was expecting this to be about.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2015-08-19 13:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Loved this game, hated that the quest game you could play on it occasionally corrupted the save data though.
By Jetackuu 2015-08-19 13:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The quest mode of that thing was amazing.

I should rip my copy of it later.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-08-19 14:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kunimatsu said: »

Loved this game, hated that the quest game you could play on it occasionally corrupted the save data though.

I still occasionally play the quest mode in this game. It's like the perfect addition to the game. You basically got two games in one. Man I loved this game.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-08-19 14:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i tried downloading the game via there torrent link. Not quite sure what to do with it tho. I dl'ed it which gave my the zip folder. Unziped it gave me the file FFVII_ReImagined101.rar.torrent but im not sure what to do with that.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-08-19 14:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
i tried downloading the game via there torrent link. Not quite sure what to do with it tho. I dl'ed it which gave my the zip folder. Unziped it gave me the file FFVII_ReImagined101.rar.torrent but im not sure what to do with that.

get a torrent download manager, such as uTorrent, then open that file there.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-19 14:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Probably gonna get shut down by SE

I don't know, man. This is allowed to exist.

[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-08-19 14:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

wow... that is pathetic.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-08-20 13:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »

what do i do with utorent cause i dont seem to be getting anywhere.
By Jetackuu 2015-08-20 14:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

what do i do with utorent cause i dont seem to be getting anywhere.
I'll message you when I get home to resolve it.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-20 19:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely downloading this.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-21 16:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So I got it downloaded. Obviously there are some bugs with it, but my main issue is with the controls. It appears there's no option for a controller, as this is the type of game where a controller is the optimal method. Ok no problem, so just map keys to the buttons instead.

However, the problem with that is I have no idea what all the controls are. Arrows are apparently attack command(s), they might all be the same method of attack, idk. Space is jump, movement are assigned to two letter on the left side of the keyboard, don't remember which ones offhand.

Only played this for about < 10 minutes, before the controls and controller thing became the issue that I had to stop and find a solution. The game definitely has some good potential, but addressing this issue is a must.

Anyone know what the full list of controls are so I can map them to a standard (ps/ps2 w/ analog sticks layout) USB controller?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-21 16:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
So I got it downloaded. Obviously there are some bugs with it, but my main issue is with the controls. It appears there's no option for a controller, as this is the type of game where a controller is the optimal method. Ok no problem, so just map keys to the buttons instead.

However, the problem with that is I have no idea what all the controls are. Arrows are apparently attack command(s), they might all be the same method of attack, idk. Space is jump, movement are assigned to two letter on the left side of the keyboard, don't remember which ones offhand.

Only played this for about < 10 minutes, before the controls and controller thing became the issue that I had to stop and find a solution. The game definitely has some good potential, but addressing this issue is a must.

Anyone know what the full list of controls are so I can map them to a standard (ps/ps2 w/ analog sticks layout) USB controller?

I've seen people doing let's plays with a controller, so it must be supported.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-21 16:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
let's plays
I don't know what this is. In any event, either it doesn't have controller support (disabled for now maybe), or it doesn't support my controller.
By Jetackuu 2015-08-21 18:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

let's plays
I don't know what this is. In any event, either it doesn't have controller support (disabled for now maybe), or it doesn't support my controller.
It's where people with nothing better to do record themselves playing a game because other people with nothing better to do watch them play a game.

Most likely they're using a program like joy2key to map the buttons like you were, just need to figure out the button mapping.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-21 18:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
let's plays
It's where people with nothing better to do record themselves playing a game because other people with nothing better to do watch them play a game.

Most likely they're using a program like joy2key to map the buttons like you were, just need to figure out the button mapping.

I will generally check out a few different let's plays to see if I want to buy a game. As for what they were using, I have no idea, but screen prompts still referenced keyboard keys.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-21 19:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok well that ultimately doesn't help.

I need to know all the keys so I can map them to controller buttons.

It's a free download and I wanted to download it just in case SE decided to halt their operation. After only playing it for < 10 min it looks like it has potential and possibly fun. Controller is a must though.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-21 19:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah ha!

Apparently it was right in front of me this whole time, just had to scroll all the way down on their home page, past all the screen shots.

Now to map the keyboard to my controller.

Although I'm not sure about the "double tap directional key to dash forward + down to roll" thing stated. Hopefully if I just map the keys to controller, it'll work by hitting the directional key twice really fast, etc.

At least the arrow keys makes more sense now. I knew they were all doing an attack (looked all the same), but now I see it's light and heavy.

It also says "Heavy Attack Button ceases to function randomly when using controllers" which implies that certain controllers would work, but key mapping would take care of that bug instead.

Jetackuu said: »
joy2key
That's sounds familiar. I know I have a very good program like that somewhere that was really easy to setup and use. I had to use it for Duck Tales Remastered on Steam since for reason that game only used a very specific controller, everything else needed a controller mapping program. That was either the one I used or one I tried, don't remember offhand, but I'll find out soon enough when I mess around with it now that I got the list of keys.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-08-29 17:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

so what do i do with this torrent file inside of utorrent?
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-08-29 18:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

File > Add torrent > Find and choose the .torrent file on the explorer window > Click open
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-08-29 19:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

File > Add torrent > Find and choose the .torrent file on the explorer window > Click open

Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-30 00:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like you've already downloaded it. Just get WinRaR, if you don't have it already, and open the file FFVII_ReImagined101.rar (or whatever it's called) and unrar to where ever you have space and the drive you want to run it from. Then open that directory and run the file FF7.exe
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-08-30 05:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That isn't a torrent file. You previously said you had downloaded FFVII_ReImagined101.rar.torrent. It appears that you only need to install winrar and right click the .rar file > extract the archive.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-08-30 11:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

it said on the site, download via torrent file. So i figured it was a torrent. I had winrar but its no longer on my list (much like utorrent). Wonder whats up with that :/
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-08-30 11:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

That isn't a torrent file. You previously said you had downloaded FFVII_ReImagined101.rar.torrent.

I moved the .rar to my documents. It shows as a .rar file. When i open up winrar and go to that file it then reads as .rar.torrent. There was no extract to archive option. Only Extract to specified folder and Add to Archive. You catn extract so i added to archive which then gave me a FFVII_ReImagined101.rar (according to winrar). If i extract that, then i get a folder containing that same .rar.torrent

so clearly im screwing up somewhere.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-08-30 15:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That isn't a torrent file. You previously said you had downloaded FFVII_ReImagined101.rar.torrent.

I moved the .rar to my documents. It shows as a .rar file. When i open up winrar and go to that file it then reads as .rar.torrent. There was no extract to archive option. Only Extract to specified folder and Add to Archive. You catn extract so i added to archive which then gave me a FFVII_ReImagined101.rar (according to winrar). If i extract that, then i get a folder containing that same .rar.torrent

so clearly im screwing up somewhere.

Ok, I have just downloaded to see for myself. The site gives you a zip file. When you extract it, there will be a torrent file in the folder. Open that file in utorrent (right click > "open with" > utorrent OR launch utorrent > file > add torrent).
[+]
First Page 2