Your Manga List
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-30 14:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure I'm not the only one who occasionally would like to get into something new(despite reading so many that I tend to forget to check some along the way), so I thought we could share which mangas we're all reading.

I'd rather make this a thread about *current* mangas to not make it too dispersive, but I don't mind too much if you wanna go over old ones too.

So...shoot away your suggestions! What are you reading?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-07-30 15:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a manga but Tower of God
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-07-30 15:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a Korean webtoon so it's in a long strip format

If you have a tablet or w/e you can download the LINE webtoon app and read it, I think they translated it from the beginning and uploaded it

It was a bit ehhh compared to scanlators at first but it's good now and pretty sure it's free
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2015-07-30 15:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Although most of the translator sites break it up after a while to look more like a manga.

Edit: Oh I should contribute. *Oops you said current, deleted this part*

Witch Hunt is a decent ongoing one (I think Korean). Not to be mistaken with Witch Hunter.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-07-30 15:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said: »
Although most of the translator sites break it up after a while to look more like a manga.

Yeah the only one I found that has the strip format is Batoto but they were asked by Naver to remove it and many other webtoons
By Wordspoken 2015-07-30 17:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm reading so many, I've lost track already. Should catch up on Gintama btw, excellent manga, highly recommended.
 Carbuncle.Kaelthas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Kaelthas 2015-07-30 18:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Another Korean webtoon: The Gamer

It's so good, there are no words in my vocabulary to describe how awesome it is.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-30 18:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kaelthas said: »
Another Korean webtoon: The Gamer

It's so good, there are no words in my vocabulary to describe how awesome it is.
[+]
By Primal623 2015-07-30 20:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Enjoying Overlord atm. It's another "stuck in a MMORPG" manga, but with an enjoyable spin. Only 7 LN volumes out so far, and 4 anime episodes to go with it. I highly recommend it.

http://m.mangahere.co/manga/overlord/c001/
 Leviathan.Sagiaurex
Server: Leviathan
user: Sagiaurex
By Leviathan.Sagiaurex 2015-07-30 21:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Uzumaki for the millionth time, Junji Ito is my spirit animal.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-07-31 00:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I read a lot of different mangas but one that might not be all that popular (or at least people don't know about it) that I like is called 3-gatsu no Lion

It's pretty different from what I normally read

Quote:
A youth named Kiriama Rei, who lost his family as a child, endures loneliness to become a professional shogi player. Then, through a chance meeting, he develops a relationship with the three Kawamoto sisters, who hail from a working-class district of the city, and little by little his frozen heart begins to thaw.
By Zyla 2015-07-31 03:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/smokeywon

reading a ton of stuff really, though i'd say these are the ones i'm following most closely:

girls the wild
minamoto-kun monogatari
nana to kaoru
koe de oshigoto
ookii onnanoko wa daisuki desu ka?
to love ru darkness

yes, i'm a perv if it wasn't obvious lol

edit: on another note i'm debating reading Aoi House (english made manga i'm guessing) again cause it was just damn hilarious.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-31 04:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Figure I shold contribute as well, let's see if I remember them all(probably not..)

One Piece
FairyTail
Bleach

and so far, nothing anyone wouldn't know..

Yamada-kun and the 7 *** witches: anime of this recently came out but I dunno if it's good. The manga is still ongoing and it's a decent comedy; it's a harem kind of story but without the usual tons of fanservice.

Tower of God: manwha that is sorta your typical shonen with mostly teen characters with superpowers fighting. The setting is peculiar though.

The Gamer: another manwha, this is pretty fun and it's easy to relate to as well cause of the gaming tropes.

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijo: completely focused on the harem theme and with plenty of fanservice, but it's actually pretty unique cause every girl here is some kind of mythological creature which makes it interesting; moreover it is also very funny and lighthearted.

Kangoku Gakuen (Prison School): this ***is the most hilarious thing I've ever read. Lots of perverted action, but god, I've never found myself bent in two laughing at something like while reading some of these chapters. Characters are presented with these serious angles but they're genuinely demented, it's really fun.

Shingeki no kyojin(Attack on Titan): eagerly awaiting new anime season, the manga is still good, although slow at times which doesn't help with a monthly release.

these I read regularly, then there's those who come out at random *** times and it's hard to keep track of..

Isuca
Darwin Game
(this is actually pretty good)
Kingdom Game
another one that is borderline hentai that I won't name <.<'''

And might as well tell you what I dropped also, as in not recommended

Seikon no Qwaser: initially I got into it cause I liked how they were using chemistry as a basis for this. But between *** sucking for power and just bad characters this has gotten old.

KissxSis: main character is just bad. Like School Days kind of bad. Besides they're taking the harem story resolution to the girl I like the least and that I find super annoying, so I basically ragequit it.

Freezing: *** such a bad manga. I honesly liked only one arc(Alaska), so I kept reading a bit after that, but it just returned to being a shitty and butchered version of Claymore.

D-Grey Man: it was interesting, at first. Then it progressively becomes hard to follow, and I don't just mean cause chapters are released after forever, but the storytelling is just so bad that you can't help but start wondering just what the *** it is that you're reading. I dropped it cause I honestly had no idea what was going on anymore.

I probably forgot some. Who knows what I abandoned along the way..
By Pantafernando 2015-07-31 04:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Josiahfk said: »
Nothing high quality enough to share with all of you sadly these days, just the odd chapter of Hentai on Fakku.

Pururin is a more complete site.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-07-31 05:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Manga i'm currently reading consist of:

DOULOU DALU
Interesting concept, it's technically a Manhua, but it's still freaking awesome.
DOUPO CANGQIONG
Another Manhua, again.
SHEN YIN WANG ZUO
I just read alot of Manhua ok? XD

TATE NO YUUSHA NO NARIAGARI
Wish it would come out faster, but a good manga none the less. Based of the light novel with the same title. Also an MMO Setting.
I've been also told that Overlord is good, but i've not read much past the first volume. It has an Anime adaptation, not sure how good it is.

Shiro no Koukoku
Still mildly intressting, again wish it would serialize faster.

Sidonia no Kishi
Massive fan of Nihei Tsutomu artwork. So graphic and awesome.

Berserk
what type of person would i be without adding this?

Sereph of the end
Kinda trashy, at times, but meh, something to read.

Tokyo Ghoul/RE
Up to date on both. Much better than the anime which trashed sooo much of the manga. Again not something most people havn't heard of.

Tokyo ESP

On another note D.Gray Man is back!!
So i'm reading that again.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-07-31 07:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

*currently reading*
*lists Berserk*
;)
 Bismarck.Lizk
user: alucar
By Bismarck.Lizk 2015-07-31 08:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Just read one piece
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-07-31 08:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
DOULOU DALU
Interesting concept, it's technically a Manhua, but it's still freaking awesome.
DOUPO CANGQIONG
Another Manhua, again.
SHEN YIN WANG ZUO
I just read alot of Manhua ok? XD

I read these too, and Desolate Era

Also Märchen - The embodiment of tales, Builder, Black Haze, DICE, Gepetto, ReLIFE, Monster x Monster, Re:Monster, Tate no Yuusha, Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken, Spirit Migration, The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, Kingdom, Sidonia no Kishi, Dolly Kill Kill, Green Worldz, Jin, Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko, Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku, Mushoku Tensei, Red Storm (awesome), Sheng Wang, Lessa the Crimson Knight, Black Clover, Vinland Saga, Historie, The Great Ruler, Gamer, Montage, Ouroboros, Yuusha ga Shinda!, Xian Ni, Fushi no Ryoken, Zui Wu Dao, Ten Prism, One-Punch Man, ]Ashita Mata, Kono Sekai de}, Konjiki no Moji Tsukai - Yuusha Yonin ni Makikomareta Unique Cheat

These aren't all of them <_< I read a lot

Obviously not all of them are that good but I find them better than most of the fanservice mangas that don't really bother with plot

But you might find something you like in that list
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-07-31 15:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

One more i could think of although its finished is oyasumi punpun
By Pantafernando 2015-07-31 18:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
*currently reading*
*lists Berserk*
;)

Given the pace Berserk is released, we will be "currently reading" our entire life...

Add this to HhunterxHunter and ***!!! to name a few mangas I dont have much hope to see it finished, even though I really love them all.
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2015-07-31 18:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Dropped Bleach. I'll pick it up again when it finishes.

My contributions are Shinya Shokudo and Vovnich Hotel. I feel very strongly about both of them.
 Bismarck.Dubai
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-07-31 19:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally D.Gray-Man is back after a 3 year break!
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-08-01 17:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Part 8 is a monthly release so it counts!

EDIT: Not current, but my fav manga is "Oyasumi Punpun" --- really, really dark but it's great.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-08-01 17:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Part 8 is a monthly release so it counts!

EDIT: Not current, but my fav manga is "Oyasumi Punpun" --- really, really dark but it's great.

Your avatar comes from that manga right? I was browsing few pages of that and noticed that bird. I didnt read because it sure appeared lots of weird faces.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-08-01 18:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
I'm reading JoJo atm too, part 6. I like its weird style that is a result of parodying buff manga like Hokuto No Ken and heavy music references.
Oyasumi Punpun was great too. One of the darkest manga I've ever read. Gets you choking most of the time.

I don't really look for new manga to follow. Every now and then I just look for anything that sparks an interest - old or new. I prefer completed series.

Some mangas I plan to read or shelving atm:
Bleach: just read the latest chapters after abandoning it for a couple months. Still as slow as ever.
Orange (Takano Ichigo): slice-of-life drama thing. Light-heared and cheerful. The problem is that translated releases are slow and I haven't been looking hard for them.
Sakigake! Otokojuku: an old comedy classic I discovered recently.
By Pantafernando 2015-08-01 19:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I can not read something incomplete. Waiting something to be released really is a pain, and not necessary also, there are so many great series already completed. I just finish one, go to advanced search and filter the genres im interested to watch atm (currently looking forward seinen type of manga).

Im currently devouring Blade of Immortal manga. After i stopped playing FFXI i read so many titles i can not remember all of them well enough, but it was a enjoyable ~4 months. Maybe after Blade of Immortal i will take a break though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2015-08-01 20:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The only ones I'm keeping up with these days are:

Boku no Hero Academia: Loving this one so far! It's still fairly new, but shaping up great so far.

UQ Holder!: Negima's one of my all-time favorites, and this is a sequel to it, so obviously I'm totally into it. :P

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun: Such a cute little series.

Yotsuba&!: Updates are sporadic as hell, but cutest damn series ever.