Chanti Handicaps The Republican Field

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Chanti handicaps the Republican field
Chanti handicaps the Republican field
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-28 23:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember, if it's a president you don't like, anything good they did in office was going to happen anyway. If it's one you do like, everything good they did in office was a crowning achievement that they were directly responsible for.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-28 23:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Remember, if it's a president you don't like, anything good they did in office was going to happen anyway. If it's one you do like, everything they did in office was a crowning achievement that they were directly responsible for.

Liking a president or not doesn't change the facts. The USSR would have fallen without Reagan and the stock market would have recovered without Obama.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-29 00:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Remember, if it's a president you don't like, anything good they did in office was going to happen anyway. If it's one you do like, everything they did in office was a crowning achievement that they were directly responsible for.

Liking a president or not doesn't change the facts. The USSR would have fallen without Reagan and the stock market would have recovered without Obama.

You mean reality isn't merely altered by opinion?

Heresy!
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-07-29 00:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Why would unemployed people not look for a job..what do they do?

They go on disability, which is coincidentally what the deadbeats among us have been doing when they run out of unemployment. We have the safest workplaces in recorded history but record number of disabled people.

In other news the social security disability fund is about to run dry. I mean of course if those mean hearted republicans stay all mean spirited and all.

Would love to know how these people are getting on disability. My legitimately disabled girlfriend is years into the process and still at least a few months off seeing a judge about approval.

Back pain, migraine headaches, shifty doctors, and of course a progressive bureaucracy that seeks complete and utter dependence.

Would love to meet this progressive bureaucracy because my girlfriend can barely walk, can barely lift things and got denied twice, heading to see a judge for appeals. And the lawyer we saw showed us approval rates for each judge and it varies from 50 to 70% depending on the judge.

As well, my semi-HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE brother who my mother did try to get through the system on leech status got denied by a judge when she took him through. So clearly the system isn't working for just any symptoms, so...yeah...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-29 00:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

They go on disability, which is coincidentally what the deadbeats among us have been doing when they run out of unemployment. We have the safest workplaces in recorded history but record number of disabled people.

In other news the social security disability fund is about to run dry. I mean of course if those mean hearted republicans stay all mean spirited and all.

Would love to know how these people are getting on disability. My legitimately disabled girlfriend is years into the process and still at least a few months off seeing a judge about approval.

Back pain, migraine headaches, shifty doctors, and of course a progressive bureaucracy that seeks complete and utter dependence.

Would love to meet this progressive bureaucracy because my girlfriend can barely walk, can barely lift things and got denied twice, heading to see a judge for appeals. And the lawyer we saw showed us approval rates for each judge and it varies from 50 to 70% depending on the judge.

As well, my semi-HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE brother who my mother did try to get through the system on leech status got denied by a judge when she took him through. So clearly the system isn't working for just any symptoms, so...yeah...

It doesn't address the millions of disabled Americans who don't claim any benefits, either. I have a permanent disability rating and decline to claim benefits because I don't need them.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-29 00:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

My mother is in the same boat. She's mostly bedridden, is in constant pain 24/7, and has been that way for almost two decades. She had some of the nation's best doctors vouching for her, and the judge threw out her disability claim because of "lack of evidence".

And then I know people who are on disability but barely have anything discernibly wrong with them.

Progressive bureaucracy or not, the system is completely broken.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-29 08:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

the thread is called "chanti handicaps the republican field"

I haven't seen any evidence of said handicapping...perhaps she is planning on joining one of their campaigns?....

my girlfriend can barely walk...... my semi-HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE brother

also not the kind of handicapping we're talking about >.>
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-29 08:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

And now for something completely different. Define semi HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ?
By Ramyrez 2015-07-29 08:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
the thread is called "chanti handicaps the republican field"

I haven't seen any evidence of said handicapping...perhaps she is planning on joining one of their campaigns?....

my girlfriend can barely walk...... my semi-HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE brother

also not the kind of handicapping we're talking about >.>

[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-29 08:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a semi HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE video that comes close to the definition:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Ramyrez 2015-07-29 08:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
And now for something completely different. Define semi HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ?

Quote:
Borderline intellectual functioning is a cognitive impairment that applies to people who have lower than average intelligence but do not have intellectual developmental disorder or mental retardation. Borderline intellectual functioning is diagnosed by IQ test scores that are between 71 and 84.

Borderline Intellectual Function
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-29 08:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

71 that is D in school I'll take it !
By fonewear 2015-07-29 08:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

For the sake of Science I think we should all do a FFXIAH IQ test !
By fonewear 2015-07-29 08:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

By Ramyrez 2015-07-29 08:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

For the sake of Science I think we should all do a FFXIAH IQ test !

IQ scores without context are meaningless, but it would be interesting nevertheless.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-29 08:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd date a handicapped woman. Who cares if she can walk and talk ! That sounds like a bonus to me.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-29 08:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as they're an interesting person and sexual relations weren't logistically impossible due to the handicap I don't see any reason not to.

Taboos with the handicapped and sexuality are pretty funny to me, honestly. Our country's got issues.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-29 08:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

As my cousin jokes he wants to date a woman with no arms and legs. So he can carry her around in a back pack...I almost died laughing when I heard that.
By fonewear 2015-07-29 08:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of no arms. There was a woman on the Bachelor *I watched cause I'm curious* She only had one arm but was amazing hot and seemed really nice. She acted like no one could love her cause she had one arm though. I think she pitied herself too much.

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-29 08:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

People have esteem issues even if the hairdresser gets their haircut wrong. Surely it's not surprising that missing a limb would impact that aspect of one's life.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-29 08:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know equating a bad haircut to a missing arm is a huge difference.

If they get upset or feel sad that easily (over a haircut)maybe they have other emotional problems that need to be resolved.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-29 09:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

We live in a culture that places emphasis on appearance above all else.

What Seha is saying is that people get bent out of shape even over a bad haircut; it's perfectly understandable for someone to worry about their desirability if they're missing a limb.

But at the same time, I look at her and go, "honey, how *** shallow would a guy have to be to think having a partial arm amputation makes you any less great looking?"

Then again, confident women people don't get ratings or attract advertising revenue.
By fonewear 2015-07-29 09:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I hate to bring up Science but there is a reason appearance is important. If you weren't sexually attracted to your partner. Humans wouldn't have made it this long. So yes being attractive is important.

Ask any woman they will deny it but it is top of their list for finding a man. They like to skirt around and say looks aren't important then they find the hottest guy they can.

As I like to say you can't have sex with a personality.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-07-29 09:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

My brother has an IQ of 83, and was babied his entire life, likely because my mother feels guilty as I've heard stories that she was smoking marijuana with him in the womb. As such he's emotionally and mentally stunted to a significant degree, as he was never forced/pushed to work past his handicap. But when my mother tried to get him on disability she was told his IQ is too high and there isn't enough documentation to prove he's mentally incapable of a job. This is accurate, as he's emotionally incapable of working a job. He has no drive to succeed/help, and since he is of lower IQ and lazy, he's not going to be great at the job, and he is not very good at taking criticism. He quit the only "real" job he's ever had, dishwashing at a hospital, because a coworker called him "slow" one day. It's clear if you pay a bit of attention that he's slow, but it's not clear at first glance, so people who just meet him don't understand it. He's not too mentally incapable to work, as there are absolutely dumber people with full time employment, but because of the way he was raised he's also a lazy ***, so he's effectively incapable of working, but also doesn't qualify for disability despite my mother trying to game the system as best she can.

So like I said, I wonder where these people are that are so easily able to game the system and get special doctor notes for disability. Are there any studies showing this is something so many people are able to get away with? Or is this like those people whose lives were ruined by the ACA even though they never even looked into the ACA whatsoever?
By Ramyrez 2015-07-29 09:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I hate to bring up Science but there is a reason appearance is important. If you weren't sexually attracted to your partner. Humans wouldn't have made it this long. So yes being attractive is important.

Ask any woman they will deny it but it is top of their list for finding a man. They like to skirt around and say looks aren't important then they find the hottest guy they can.

As I like to say you can't have sex with a personality.

Men are the same way. Luckily "hot" is subjective and different people have different criteria.~
By fonewear 2015-07-29 09:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think bad parenting is a reason to get on disability !
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-29 09:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think his brother wound up with the lion's share of the brains in that family...
By fonewear 2015-07-29 09:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate to break it to you son but being a lazy ***doesn't qualify you as disabled.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-29 09:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

My brother has an IQ of 83, and was babied his entire life, likely because my mother feels guilty as I've heard stories that she was smoking marijuana with him in the womb. As such he's emotionally and mentally stunted to a significant degree, as he was never forced/pushed to work past his handicap. But when my mother tried to get him on disability she was told his IQ is too high and there isn't enough documentation to prove he's mentally incapable of a job. This is accurate, as he's emotionally incapable of working a job. He has no drive to succeed/help, and since he is of lower IQ and lazy, he's not going to be great at the job, and he is not very good at taking criticism. He quit the only "real" job he's ever had, dishwashing at a hospital, because a coworker called him "slow" one day. It's clear if you pay a bit of attention that he's slow, but it's not clear at first glance, so people who just meet him don't understand it. He's not too mentally incapable to work, as there are absolutely dumber people with full time employment, but because of the way he was raised he's also a lazy ***, so he's effectively incapable of working, but also doesn't qualify for disability despite my mother trying to game the system as best she can.

So like I said, I wonder where these people are that are so easily able to game the system and get special doctor notes for disability. Are there any studies showing this is something so many people are able to get away with? Or is this like those people whose lives were ruined by the ACA even though they never even looked into the ACA whatsoever?

83 is in the margin of error for low average. His problems seem to be in his social support structure more than anything (as you yourself said). There are Vocational Rehabilitation programs readily available for those in your brother's situation. I don't know how old he is, but he/your family should look into OVR in your area if they're interested in helping him out.

I have a cousin in a very similar situation from her baseline intellectual standpoint, but she's been raised to be a very hard worker and she does rather well for herself in a full-time unskilled position.

Edit: Also, bringing the ACA up in this seems pointless, but hey.
By fonewear 2015-07-29 09:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

With an IQ of 83 has he thought of working for the Huff Post ?

You need the bare minimum vocabulary and access to the internet.

As to getting on disability I imagine it isn't as hard as you make it out to be...plenty of attorneys can work on your brother's behalf. Just watch TV for a while and see all the disability attorneys.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9