Chanti Handicaps The Republican Field

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Chanti handicaps the Republican field
Chanti handicaps the Republican field
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Siren.Fattynoob
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Dreamasky
By Siren.Fattynoob 2015-07-27 19:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
As for the Trump fan who says he "has a spine", I wonder if you know his super liberal former stances:

I am not a 'fan' of trump lol. I would vote for Rand Paul if the election was today. I can see what appeals to people without taking part in something myself.

Call it what you want to call it to try and deflect any positives someone might say about something you don't like. Always about that spin right?

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
who was the best president of our lifetime, and whose presidency is viewed by many Americans with rose-colored glasses.

Lol @ best president of our lifetime. He was a major part in creating the housing collapse, but keep those rose colored specs on bro.

Rich old white lady who cant keep their lies straight somehow better than rich old white man who can? lol
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-07-27 19:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fattynoob said: »
Rich old white lady who cant keep their lies straight somehow better than rich old white man who can?
Bill couldn't keep his lies straight either...

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-27 20:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary brings Bill, who was the best president of our lifetime,

LOL! even if you lived only in the year 1993 it wouldn't be true... slick willy spent his entire presidency skirting his warped view of what constitutes cheating on his wife while taking sexual harassment to hideous new heights.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-07-27 20:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem with this many republicans in the primary is the debate. Speaking as a republican, they tear the ***out of each other as seen in last debate. Dems do not even need to do anything but sit back and take notes we will implode on ourselves.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-07-27 20:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
LOL! even if you lived only in the year 1993 it wouldn't be true... slick willy spent his entire presidency skirting his warped view of what constitutes cheating on his wife while taking sexual harassment to hideous new heights.
Financially the best years of your lives.

If you were old enough to have a job.

Odin.Slore said: »
Problem with this many republicans in the primary is the debate. Speaking as a republican, they tear the ***out of each other as seen in last debate. Dems do not even need to do anything but sit back and take notes we will implode on ourselves.
Ah yes. The circular firing squad. I so love the circular firing squad.

Whatever happened to Reagan's 11th commandment?

Edit: I will do the also rans tomorrow.
 Siren.Fattynoob
Server: Siren
user: Dreamasky
By Siren.Fattynoob 2015-07-27 21:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Taxes were higher, so no, that is false. I had more disposable income during Bushes 1st four years. But I don't live off the stock market either.

I would love to see Hillary debate. Of course there would only be hand picked, censored questions, asked by approved people.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-27 21:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to see Hillary debate. Of course there would only be hand picked, censored questions, asked by approved people.
Yes. Welcome to the nature of the Democratic party.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-27 22:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Mr. Sanders, what is your plan to address the widening socioeconomic gap in a way that does not damage the middle class?

Mrs. Clinton, what is your favorite part about being a grandmother?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-27 22:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Rich old white lady who cant keep their lies straight somehow better than rich old white man who can?

At least his lies were about where he was putting his cigars and not scare tactics that subverted civil liberties, nearly bankrupted the nation, got tens of thousands of American soldiers killed, destabilized and entire subcontinent, and spawned one of the most brutal paramilitaries in recent memory.

Bill's lies were miniscule in comparison.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-27 22:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
nearly bankrupted the nation
Glass–Steagall repeal aka ' Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act of 1999' says hello.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-27 22:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

nearly bankrupted the nation
Glass–Steagall repeal aka ' Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act of 1999' says hello.

Certainly that led to the bubble and eventual collapse of the public sector, but I was referring to the government. Bill didn't lie about Glass-Steagall, either, and the repeal was applauded by the establishment on both sides and driven by Greenspan, who later admitted his economic model was fundamentally flawed when he stepped down as FED chair.

It's funny how many people abhor regulation but feel fine condemning the repeal of Glass-Steagall and the 8 years of pretty solid economic boom on either side of it in the process.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-07-27 22:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

At least his lies were about where he was putting his cigars and not scare tactics that subverted civil liberties, nearly bankrupted the nation, got tens of thousands of American soldiers killed, destabilized and entire subcontinent, and spawned one of the most brutal paramilitaries in recent memory.

Bill's lies were miniscule in comparison.
Are you talking about GWB or Obama?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-27 22:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well to be fair, trying to 'install democracy' in Iraq was a terrible idea as well.

It's funny how many people abhor regulation
There's a fine line between 'common sense' regulations and too much regulation that produces monopolies and hurts smaller businesses.

But common sense isn't common, so...
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-27 22:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you talking about GWB or Obama?

Both, technically. Neither was handed a great hand, but they both fumbled the crap out of them on the honesty end.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-28 12:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

yeah all these stocks in enron and worldcom are going to make me filthy rich wooohooo!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-28 12:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

got tens of thousands of American soldiers killed

Yeah, but there are about a million Rwandans who, if the afterlife is real, are going to want a word with Clinton and his cabinet about how and why exactly they died without so much as a hint of dissention by anyone who knew about it.

Edit: That is to say, no president is without some serious black marks on his record. It sort of comes with the territory. There's some evidence that the Clintons benefitted politically and financially, however, from the Rwandan Genocide.

I don't know the details intimitely, so I'll stop going on about it, but if you're super-interested in more I can hook you up with some reading material. I just know that as fondly as I remember my life during the Clinton years, those good times came with a cost for all involved.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-28 12:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Mr. Sanders, what is your plan to address the widening socioeconomic gap in a way that does not damage the middle class?

Mrs. Clinton, what is your favorite part about being a grandmother?

I'll answer for Hillary: Baking cookies and taking money from the Middle East !
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-28 12:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Yeah, but there are about a million Rwandans who, if the afterlife is real, are going to want a word with Clinton and his cabinet about how and why exactly they died without so much as a hint of dissention by anyone who knew about it.

Because their own countrymen killed them?
By fonewear 2015-07-28 12:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Question who gives a *** about Africa ? I mean Obama seems to but he might be the only American that cares.
By fonewear 2015-07-28 12:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

yeah all these stocks in enron and worldcom are going to make me filthy rich wooohooo!

Still time to invest in pets.com !

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-28 12:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Ramyrez said: »

Because their own countrymen killed them?

There's a lot of factors. Clinton's administration/personal interests were certainly served by the U.S.' inaction at the time.

Clinton himself has subsequently expressed regret at said inaction.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-28 12:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing worse than doing something... is doing nothing !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-28 12:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Who would have thought that a company that spends more on advertising it's business than...the actual business would fail !

Despite its success in building brand recognition, it was uncertain whether a substantial market niche existed for Pets.com.[4] No independent market research preceded the launch of Pets.com.[4] During its first fiscal year (February to September 1999) Pets.com earned revenues of $619,000, yet spent $11.8 million on advertising.[4]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-07-28 12:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

In my lifetime there's been Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton, Bush Jr., and Obama. Reagan and Bush Jr. were two of the worst presidents in American history. Bush Sr. was handed a mess by his predecessor, but he still wasn't a great leader. Obama has been a mixed bag. Tell me again how Bill isn't the greatest prez of my lifetime?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-28 12:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

In my lifetime there's been Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton, Bush Jr., and Obama. Reagan and Bush Jr. were two of the worst presidents in American history. Bush Sr. was handed a mess by his predecessor, but he still wasn't a great leader. Obama has been a mixed bag. Tell me again how Bill isn't the greatest prez of my lifetime?

ok slick willy spent his entire presidency skirting his warped view of what constitutes cheating on his wife while taking sexual harassment to hideous new heights.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-28 12:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bill is the greatest president to ever get cheating on his wife. I'll give you that.

Also before Bill I didn't know what the definition of "is" is.
By fonewear 2015-07-28 12:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The is is defense has been used by cheating men for centuries.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-28 12:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

1 Cruz
2 Walker
3 Paul
4 Trump

Rubio and Fiorina are in there somewhere but they don't convey non squish feels in their conservatism / libertarianism.

Trump gets special consideration because he kicking so much establishment ***. He would be worthy of the office on the single pretense that he might be invulnerable to the schemes of the ruling class.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-28 12:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

carter was by far the worst president ever... he had the peanut farmer's midas touch in that everything he touched turned into a steaming pile of cow ***... which makes great manure but unfortunately isn't good for much else.

I'm curious what you think clinton did, other than bang monica.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-28 12:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The one and only Carter !

[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9