Connecticut Town Will Destroy Violent Games

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Connecticut Town Will Destroy Violent Games
Connecticut Town Will Destroy Violent Games
By fonewear 2015-07-14 13:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well this goes beyond my expertise as someone that doesn't have children !
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-07-14 13:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn. I have three copies of GTA III that have been just sitting in my closet for a decade. Could get me some gift cards.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-07-14 14:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »
Damn. I have three copies of GTA III that have been just sitting in my closet for a decade. Could get me some gift cards.

That might not be a good idea. If your seen in public bringing them those games they will have every reason to think your a serial killer for having them, and kill you on the spot.

... and then blame the violence of having to kill you on the video game.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-14 14:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

"She's on Fire"
"21 Guns"
"Last Resort"
"Bullet to the Head"
"Bodies"

Music promotes violence.
QED
By Ramyrez 2015-07-14 14:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Music promotes violence.

"Sex on Fire".

Music promotes pyromania and sex at the same time!

KILL IT WITH...UH...

FIRE?
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-07-14 14:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i could use 25$. where do i send this crappy overrated game i didn't even pay for?

Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-14 14:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
i could use 25$. where do i send this crappy overrated game i didn't even pay for?

12 Pikeman's Way
South San'DOria
Quon, Vanadiel

P.S: Don't send it to (S), we don't own the place in that time period.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-07-14 15:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll send them a bucket of Kazham Peppers while I'm at it.
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-07-14 15:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
If they really cared about their kids they would be good parents. And not look to easy fixes (ban violent video games) to raise a "normal" child. You can take away little billy's video games. But if you are terrible parent he will probably be a terrible adult.

That's pretty much it. As long as a kid is otherwise mentally healthy and has positive influences in his life that are stronger than his negative influences then he will likely turn out OK.

It'd be foolish to say that we aren't affected by everything we see, especially in our formative years, so I'm not going to sit here and say that violent video games aren't a negative influence on kids. It's just that those influences aren't really that hard to overcome with some parental effort.

This game burning is just irresponsible and lazy parents playing their scapegoat card.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-07-14 15:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
And this is how gamestop went out of business...
this is what i thought.
I'd give plenty of games to this that GS would give me a dollar for.

then order new games off from amazon or some ***
By Bloodrose 2015-07-14 15:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to beat them all on the face with a newspaper, and say "NO! BAD PARENTS!"

Because Paperboy taught me that throwing or beating things with a rolled up newspaper was ok.
By fillerbunny9 2015-07-14 16:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

source is 2.5 years old. did anything actually come of this?
 Ragnarok.Yatenkou
Server: Ragnarok
user: Yatenkou
By Ragnarok.Yatenkou 2015-07-14 16:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of people treat these kinds of video games as stress relief...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-14 16:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Yatenkou said: »

I like to cut the oxygen off in some space simulators and watch my travelers suffocate.

Or intentionally run my empire into the ground with obscene taxes and incredible amounts of warmongering.

Or burn my national parks to the ground, laughing with glee as flame overtakes a pristine wilderness, leaving destruction in its wake.

Or I build deathcoasters and put them into service, charging low prices for passengers to be thrown at 95 mph into a lake as the coaster explodes.

Or send swarms of peasants into the waiting arms of superior cavalry units that will result in mass deaths of my men and generals.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-12 19:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes (most of the time) when I play a video game I don't even bother with missions etc (if they apply) and instead just destroy everything... especially NPC if they are killable. I used to blow off stress by lvling Fable on nothing but villagers/guards. Despite my character having devil horns and a glowing red aura/skin, I still haven't had even the slightest urge to go on a real life murdering spree... Weird, right? It's almost like this town is not seeing the real cause of violence and blaming video games instead of taking responsibility for their own lack of action in the parenting department.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-12 19:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Josiahfk said: »
Or burn my national parks to the ground, laughing with glee as flame overtakes a pristine wilderness, leaving destruction in its wake.
that's not even evil, that's just mother nature ***lol
see if you had said "dump salt over every square meter so nothing can ever grow again" then you'd be evil!
Humans purposely starting a forest fire is not "mother nature". If that were the case we could just blame everything on nature and be totally free of all responsibility for our actions because they wouldn't even be our actions it would be natures action.
By Yatenkou 2015-08-13 11:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Josiahfk said: »
that's not even evil, that's just mother nature ***lol
see if you had said "dump salt over every square meter so nothing can ever grow again" then you'd be evil!
Starting a forest fire is pretty damn evil...
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-13 11:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
Sometimes (most of the time) when I play a video game I don't even bother with missions etc (if they apply) and instead just destroy everything... especially NPC if they are killable. I used to blow off stress by lvling Fable on nothing but villagers/guards. Despite my character having devil horns and a glowing red aura/skin, I still haven't had even the slightest urge to go on a real life murdering spree... Weird, right? It's almost like this town is not seeing the real cause of violence and blaming video games instead of taking responsibility for their own lack of action in the parenting department.

GTA 3 used to be my big stress reliever. After attracting the attention of local police, I'd hole up on a rooftop, use the cheatcode to obtain all weapons, and then blow the crap out of anything that came at me. And it worked like a charm - I was usually in hysterics before long because cop cars would be flying at me out of nowhere.
[+]

Post deleted by User.