Bloodborne Or Witcher 3?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Bloodborne or Witcher 3?
Bloodborne or Witcher 3?
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-05-27 00:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm only able to purchase one at the moment, discuss.
By Enuyasha 2015-05-27 00:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

i was going to say

Then i read your post.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2015-05-27 00:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You sound like you're going to get both eventually anyway, so I'd get Bloodborne now and The Witcher later once it drops in price some. BB is $40 right now at Amazon and Best Buy. Not sure how that works for you based on where you live
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-05-27 01:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to agree with Kongming, setting aside my love for Bloodborne, it is $40 dollars atm, and you'll get around 40-80+ hours depending on your experience with the Souls series and if you give up or not.
 Sylph.Gades
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Gades 2015-05-27 02:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I own Witcher III and I will say its amazing. Great story and how you answer and follow through with things, it changes the course of events. I love it. I can say any RPG fan will enjoy this. Im at say 40 hours and not even 1/5th of the way through the game yet? Its great. You will get your money's worth from it. As for Bloodborne I have not played it so thus I have no opinion on it. Witcher III I will say has nudity and some other scenes in it...I wont go into detail but thus, that is my analysis.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-05-27 05:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

witcher 3, BB is dumb.
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-05-27 06:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I played Dark Souls 2, and it was one of the best game I've owned on the PS3. I'm concerned that Bloodborne won't meet the same expectation.

I get the feeling that Bloodborne provides less content than Dark Souls 2, and I researched that the amount of weapons and armors available in Bloodborne is way less than that of Dark Souls 2.
 Bismarck.Bongarippa
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bongarippa 2015-05-27 11:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I've personally put in 150+ hours into bb. Beat ng++, chalice dungeons, platinum trophy and I still play it almost daily. I bought witcher 3 on Friday last week and it's pretty awesome, but if I had neither and could only get 1, bb hands down
VIP
By Kalila 2015-05-27 11:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaeviathan said: »
I played Dark Souls 2, and it was one of the best game I've owned on the PS3. I'm concerned that Bloodborne won't meet the same expectation.

I get the feeling that Bloodborne provides less content than Dark Souls 2, and I researched that the amount of weapons and armors available in Bloodborne is way less than that of Dark Souls 2.
The Dark Souls series, and Demon's Souls, are more based on a medieval'ish theme. You wander the land finding corpses of fallen undead warriors, seeing what armor and weapons you can salvage from them. You might find a sword, a shield, or some armor, but every piece of equipment tells a story. It might be about the owner that died, it might not, but with this game style you can incorporate hundreds of unique weapons and armor.

Don't get me wrong, that's nice, and one of my major complaints for Bloodborne is that they focused too heavily on the design of their current weapons, and the transformations between 1 hand to 2 hand styles. The weapon designs are superior in Bloodborne, but that means less quantity of weapons and armor.

The world design is the best of any souls game. The level design is the best as well, weaving each area together, incorporating shortcuts and doors that take you back to previous areas you once were in before.

The battle speed is slightly faster and more aggressive. You of course do not have a shield so it naturally pushes you to learn to be more aggressive and less defensive, though being defensive / evasive is not a bad thing at all, especially with the most difficult bosses in the game, because you're going to need that skill mastered.

The enemy designs are the best I've seen in any souls game, and that's saying quite a lot, because souls games have a huge reputation for great enemy designs.

Bloodborne's theme is more gothic, that allows more dark and gory themes. The story of bloodborne is a little easier to comprehend than a souls game, but there are secrets lore hunters still haven't figured out yet a few months after release.

Amazing game, I'd say it's just as good as Witcher III, for only 40 dollars, and since you mention money being a concern in the OP, the cheaper game atm would only make more sense. Just because it's cheaper doesn't mean it's a bad game, at all. Just look at the reviews it got. People love the game and not just fans of previous games. It converted a lot of people into loving these types of games.

But yea, that's just ME. Your tastes might be completely different than mine :) but since you loved DS2, I can promise you that you will not be disappointed as long as you are ACCEPTING of the fact that there will be less armor and weapons than previous games, but you still have plenty of opportunity to switch equipment during your playthrough.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-05-27 11:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither, wait for Arkham Knight.