Asura.Rinuko
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-05-25 06:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

Question1:
I no longer have my PS4 but was playing on PS4 version. Now I have a ps3 laying around in the house and a ps3 version of the game. Is there any problems to use that to play with my old account?

Question2:
How bad is it really to play on ps3 vs ps4? My pc is bit old and cant even run the game on lowest settings so thats a no go.
By Jetackuu 2015-05-25 07:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not just get a half decent graphics card, I can't imagine your other hardware limiting you that much.
 Asura.Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-05-25 07:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Trust me, I would have to upgrade the whole pc. Its an old company computer, not even a tower.
 leo
By leo 2015-05-25 10:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to pay for a license for each different platform you link your account to on XIV.

Meaning, unlike FFXI, FFXIV want you to buy a copy of the PS3 version for it to allow you to play. With XI you only needed a PlayOnline account.

To play on PC they will want you to buy and link to your SE account a PC FFXIV key before letting you play it on a PC.
 Asura.Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-05-25 12:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if i wasn't clear in OP but I got a retail version of Ps4 AND ps3 version. So back to my question. Will i be able to play on ps3 with my character or start over?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-05-25 16:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

1:

If it's linked to your account then there should be no problem playing on PS3

For number 2:

It's not that bad on PS3 unless you do fates with a ton of people, it can lock up. If you don't, should be fine. Wouldn't recommend Heavensward areas that are gonna be full of people though lol
 leo
By leo 2015-05-25 16:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinuko said: »
I don't know if i wasn't clear in OP but I got a retail version of Ps4 AND ps3 version. So back to my question. Will i be able to play on ps3 with my character or start over?

When you use a code the first time and you already have a existing XIV "service account" in the SE management thing you are given the choice of making a new "service account" or add it to a existing one.

Just be ultra careful to not create a new "service account" instead of adding the PS3 code to the existing one (that would prevent you from being able to play the existing character on the PS3).
By Voren 2015-05-25 16:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not so much that things lock up, it's that it takes forever to load. There's a ton of lag associated with PS3. If you're tanking you're going to have a rough go of it.

I've got trouble tanking Shiva EX due to not being able to fully see the "safe zone". Also some times King Behemoth in CT will do meteor and I won't see it. I have to watch everyone running for cover to know when it's going off some times.

I'm not sure what it's like for a healer. When I DPS I don't have nearly as many issues for some odd reason, probably because I don't need to be first in, so extra load time?

I also use wireless connection, so you may be able to get around some of the lag issues if you hard line your internet into the PS3.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-05-25 16:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
It's not so much that things lock up, it's that it takes forever to load. There's a ton of lag associated with PS3. If you're tanking you're going to have a rough go of it.

I've got trouble tanking Shiva EX due to not being able to fully see the "safe zone". Also some times King Behemoth in CT will do meteor and I won't see it. I have to watch everyone running for cover to know when it's going off some times.

I'm not sure what it's like for a healer. When I DPS I don't have nearly as many issues for some odd reason, probably because I don't need to be first in, so extra load time?

I also use wireless connection, so you may be able to get around some of the lag issues if you hard line your internet into the PS3.

Friend played on PS3 and big fates would make it lock up sometimes so it can happen
By Jetackuu 2015-05-25 16:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Trust me, I would have to upgrade the whole pc. Its an old company computer, not even a tower.
so a SFF or ultra slim?

SFF's can still take graphics cards, just need one that (has the power obviously) fits and probably the half height adapter bracket. But on another note: you could get a barebones kit from tiger direct for $200~ and throw in a GPU for $200 and be bangin'

Would just need the OS, and still cheaper than a PS4. (Well unless you're silly and pay for an OS but hey).
By Voren 2015-05-26 17:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
you could get a barebones kit from tiger direct for $200~ and throw in a GPU for $200 and be bangin'

Would just need the OS, and still cheaper than a PS4. (Well unless you're silly and pay for an OS but hey).

PS4's start and $399 for the 500GB package.
By Jetackuu 2015-05-26 20:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I was kinda estimating my prices, as was guessing that the PS4 was about $400, didn't know. However I should say about the same price, but whatevs.
By Voren 2015-05-26 22:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah 6 of one, half dozen of the other. I'd say if you have access to being able to upgrade a comp and play, then I'd do that over a ps4.

There's additional things you can do via a comp you can't do as easily on a ps4.
 Asura.Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-06-24 04:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
so a SFF or ultra slim?

SFF's can still take graphics cards, just need one that (has the power obviously) fits and probably the half height adapter bracket. But on another note: you could get a barebones kit from tiger direct for $200~ and throw in a GPU for $200 and be bangin'

Yeah best gpu i can use is gf 630 and Will probably not be able play on highest settings, lowest at best. I'll just save some Money for 2 months and buy à ps4. Especially now that ff7 was announced