Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Tenzen setups discussion
Tenzen setups discussion
By Kooljack 2015-05-23 19:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so i been grinding tenzen a bit with my box; so far I'm actually starting to dig in and grab a hold of samurai and multi-step SC's with double geo MB to take him down. I finally pushed through a ton of normals to be able to down him on difficult without SP reliance. so getting more comfortable and digging into the jobs and playing them and learning the best rhythem of things.

Again Im boxing so im not the most efficient, but for what I'm doing; I'm just seeing if how you guys might tweak my setup I already have going...

--------------------------
Whm, sam,sam, geo,geo, cor(sub:thf,chaac,gorney)
Buffs: boost-str,pro,shell,barblizzara,barparalyzra,poison potion.
Sushi
chaos & allies rolls
indi- haste & barrier,
entrust- precision & fury,
geo- wilt & frailty.
---------------------------

tell me on paper if you had to go with a similar setup or close to it what buffs would you use and if you could swap 1 sam out for something else what would it be?

If i change out 1 sam for sch and lighstorm2 my samurai with obi on for ws that should increase light skill chain dmg by 30%; and Then I could use geo-malaise and really up the MB dmg and go for a more controlled SC/ MB fight. does that seem better then 2 sam for this fight in particular?

I have a long ways to go for setting up an efficient rhythem for my 2 samurai's skill-chaining for the sake of physical dmg, skillchain dmg and MB dmg; all having equally weighted gains for this particular fight it seems.

What are opinion on my setup/thoughts on this fight
And what are your opinions in general for this fight on Difficult+ and your preferred setups?
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-05-23 19:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just kill him until he's dead

dd/nin x3
whm
brd
cor

T/N horde lullaby the tarus. You can even brd/blm for an ES horde lullaby for safety. If you need even more time, just have the cor wildcard. Probably the easiest VD there is.
 Odin.Taberif
Server: Odin
user: Taberif
By Odin.Taberif 2015-05-23 19:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

VD

dds whm brd

brd N/T sleeps

kill before tarus wake up
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-05-23 20:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Tenzen is probably the most straightforward HTB there is. 3 DD/nin, WHM, BRD/BLM, COR/nin or a GEO. It's very simple. Just kill him until you can't kill him anymore.

Don't WS during Yaegasumi and you might as well turn during Invincible since every hit gives him a bunch of TP. Or bring MNKs to Formless.
By Kooljack 2015-05-23 20:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so sub nin and switch barrier/wilt to malaise and focus then?XD got it! Il have to try itt

woop nice. won't have to go back for 6th neck for a while, just got one to drop.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-05-23 20:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you don't even need Focus to land the sleeps with proper gear, and Malaise isn't needed as you won't be nuking. Just use frailty/fury so he dies quicker. It's a straight zerg fight, so that's what you need to aim for. If you can't kill him within 5 minutes, you most likely won't win.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-23 21:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Nin/War
Dnc/War
DD of your choice, who cares
DD of your choice, who cares
BLM OR BRD with good macc
WHM

Win.

If things go ***-up than your NIN can hold Tenzen indefinitely if they have San.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-23 21:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

He has a sequence of 1hrs he goes through with about 2 min between each one: Yaegesumi, Invincible, and then Meikyo on repeat. If he can get a Meikyo in after the first one, he's going to do that super self-SC which'll probably wreck your party.
By Elazar1 2015-05-23 22:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Thf pld whm, brd , thing is an utter joke
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-23 23:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
He has a sequence of 1hrs he goes through with about 2 min between each one: Yaegesumi, Invincible, and then Meikyo on repeat. If he can get a Meikyo in after the first one, he's going to do that super self-SC which'll probably wreck your party.

But if not all of the WS connect, then the skillchain is less potent, letting people potentially live through Cosmic Elucidation.

If you have a THF, stealing his first Invincible (or even Yaeg for laughs) can enable a party of DDs that work together to quickly wipe the floor with him.
By Kooljack 2015-05-24 00:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

ok i guess i had been a little HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE with my seetup versus him

the brd looks much nicer after considering the NITRO sleep on the tarus lol I guess because i have a yagrush i was always able to push through and if someone died i blamed DT set/whm/wrong geo buffs... never /nin really needed when you have an elite whm on ur dime.. but i suppose If i wanted an easier way to improve my setup it would help against D.. Thank you all for the insight.. didn't consider that orz. Im a little slow to realize things but i love grinding over caring to be a perfectionist. ok see u guys later
 Asura.Cyleena
Server: Asura
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-05-24 00:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Kooljack said: »
Ok, so i been grinding tenzen a bit with my box; so far I'm actually starting to dig in and grab a hold of samurai and multi-step SC's with double geo MB to take him down. I finally pushed through a ton of normals to be able to down him on difficult without SP reliance. so getting more comfortable and digging into the jobs and playing them and learning the best rhythem of things.

Again Im boxing so im not the most efficient, but for what I'm doing; I'm just seeing if how you guys might tweak my setup I already have going...

--------------------------
Whm, sam,sam, geo,geo, cor(sub:thf,chaac,gorney)
Buffs: boost-str,pro,shell,barblizzara,barparalyzra,poison potion.
Sushi
chaos & allies rolls
indi- haste & barrier,
entrust- precision & fury,
geo- wilt & frailty.
---------------------------

tell me on paper if you had to go with a similar setup or close to it what buffs would you use and if you could swap 1 sam out for something else what would it be?

If i change out 1 sam for sch and lighstorm2 my samurai with obi on for ws that should increase light skill chain dmg by 30%; and Then I could use geo-malaise and really up the MB dmg and go for a more controlled SC/ MB fight. does that seem better then 2 sam for this fight in particular?

I have a long ways to go for setting up an efficient rhythem for my 2 samurai's skill-chaining for the sake of physical dmg, skillchain dmg and MB dmg; all having equally weighted gains for this particular fight it seems.

What are opinion on my setup/thoughts on this fight
And what are your opinions in general for this fight on Difficult+ and your preferred setups?

I have done it on D and VD with whm, brd, thf, sam x2 or sam x1 and another dd, and cor. Also done it with whm, brd, thf, sam x2, geo without a cor though this fight lasts longer then if you got WC to reset 2 hrs. Usually have the brd go /blm so when ja sleeps are down they can ele sleep the taru. I have whm normally go /nin especially on D or VD cause the rng attacks can hurt and just in case taru wake up and cast (taru can cast sleepga too so whm needs to be out of range of it, and or bring poison fruit just in case). For D or VD you need to make sure the bard has good sets to be able to sleep them. The taru get pretty resistant higher level of fight you do.
[+]