Crafting Change Skill Ups?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Crafting change skill ups?
Crafting change skill ups?
First Page 2
By ySoxx 2015-05-23 04:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know with the changes does the no skillup on break if over 5 levels counts anymore? Or can you spam something you are under 10 levels of now?

Also I'm assuming from how I interpreted the update that you can no longer t1 skillup (only -10 to +10 from your current level)?
[+]
By Damane 2015-05-23 04:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

crafting is the same you just can now also skill up on synth-recipes that are 10 lvls below your current synth lvl. the skill ups only occure tough on succeeding the synth not on breaks.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-05-23 05:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

How is the actual skill up rate? Same as when 1-2 levels from cap?
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2015-05-23 07:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So far skillup rate seems just slightly less than the rate of 1-2 levels below cap. Still worth it, for sure. When you can do synths that cost 1% of what was available before.
By Wordspoken 2015-05-23 07:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cost and that you can actually get ingredients.
 Siren.Switchorz
Server: Siren
user: Switchorz
By Siren.Switchorz 2015-05-23 19:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had horrible skillups since the update. My mules don't have Shapers but I've never had skillups take 10-20 synths for a .1 so often. Everyone has a bad streak but damn.

Wood and Cooking were already 110. I grinded Smithing from 105 to 110, Cloth 109 to 110 and Leather from 107 to 110. It just seemed really bad.

Gold 105 to 107.8 and that took a lot also. Now I just need materials to keep going.

Bone is at 102 and haven't started on it yet. Alchemy is at 101 and I tried 24 synths for .2. Luckily Ice Shields require Diamond Shields which come from the RoE NPC.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-23 22:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

With 1 hour of Kitron Macaron, Cheer: Cockatrice, and Ionis, I was able to get nearly 4 levels of Alchemy skill today (99 to just under 103) with Ice Shields. I'd say in the end, my skill rate was probably around 25% or so, which I'm fine with since there's no real investment involved.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-05-27 14:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Switchorz said: »
I've had horrible skillups since the update. My mules don't have Shapers but I've never had skillups take 10-20 synths for a .1 so often. Everyone has a bad streak but damn.

Wood and Cooking were already 110. I grinded Smithing from 105 to 110, Cloth 109 to 110 and Leather from 107 to 110. It just seemed really bad.

Gold 105 to 107.8 and that took a lot also. Now I just need materials to keep going.

Bone is at 102 and haven't started on it yet. Alchemy is at 101 and I tried 24 synths for .2. Luckily Ice Shields require Diamond Shields which come from the RoE NPC.

Yeah I was wondering if they had nerfed skill ups tbh because of the awful rate of them for me.
But I suppose i have just been using stupidly cheap way over cap synths for the most part.

I reckon I'm averaging 1 skill up per 10 synths over the cap. Sometimes a wee bit better up to 1/5, but conversely the clothcraft mule went 0/27 the other day on Black Chocobo Fletchings at one point, slightly over the cap at 74 or so iirc.
To the point that I gave up and moved onto other synths like rainbow thread. (bizarrely a cheaper synth if the spiders webs are up at 10k/stack and enough of them available.)
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-05-27 15:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

About to try peapuck fletchings that cap at 81. I'm currently 85.7

Got 26 stacks stashed. And 20 mins or so of kitron left. I'll post the hilarious results.

- First 30 synths down. @ 86.1
A total of 0.4 from 30. Currently on a comical run of 17 synths without a skill. :/

- Got a skill up after going 0/19. I'll live.

- Next 30 done. @ 86.6
An improvement if only slightly. 0.5 total. Still a huge row of dot balls in the middle of that 30 though.

- 30 more. Currently @ 87.5
Crazy stuff man. 0.9 from those 30. Given me hope that I will manage to ding 88 for my test and crafting stall out of this synth session lol.

- Going to try 30 in my Mog House instead of out in Adoulin areas to see what happens.
I've been using a kitron macaron for all synths. Getting Ionis and crafting in an Adoulin area hoping that the skill up bonus from Ionis might do something.
Be interesting to see if there's any noticeable difference at these levels above cap.

- Just turn the volume down a tad. Cloth mules lives in Windurst for the guild there.
That water running sound will have me in the toilet every 2 mins :)
Still got kitron + ionis on.

- Next 30. Now @ 87.9
Back to 0.4 out of the 30. So the Adoulin synths look better from that sample. And still haven't dinged 88 :/

- Last full 30 from those stacks. Finished @ 88.4
0.5 from those 30. I used NOTHING. No food, let ionis run out while I was watching TV so none of that either. And crafted in Mog House.
And to be fair I ended with a run of 0/15 at the end. So that 30 was actually 5/15 at one point.

27 total skill ups in those 150 synths. So slightly better than 1/6 eventually. Which I'm actually happy with tbh.

So it's pretty much a total crap shoot as to skill ups when over the cap I reckon. But poor to average at best. And pretty bad at worst.

Failed only 1 synth out of all 150. And included another synth to make up for it. From those last 30 with no kitron. Just in case skill ups aren't possible from fails over the cap as someone reckons to be the case.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-05-28 14:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

And that alchemy synth had never occurred to me so [Thank You] to both people who posted that one.

Alchemy mule has been stuck at 99 since that last double skill up campaign when I took her pretty much 0-99 alchemy. And a wood mule 0-100 whilst the campaign was on.
Both just to replace my 2nd account alchemy and wood level 100 mules which I intended cancelling at some point. (which will now be after this login campaign. And all 3 characters on that account have 40k+ sparks. So I know what that's getting spent on now for a while at least.)
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-05-29 23:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Whew... I'm glad that's over. Alchemy 107 ^^

If I never see that dialog from the spark npc again in my life, it will be too soon lol.

The game probably didn't think that I could possibly have enough sparks to buy that many Diamond Shields. It was wrong.

What with the free ice crystals from all my characters Sandy missions roe's too, it just seems wrong having what equated to a 100 gil synth to hit 107.

Skill ups were decent at first actually. Even probably hitting 25% like the guy above mentioned.
Kitron only. Standing in South Sandy near the spark npc to take all the shields from my other character. One character crafting, the other buying at the same time. I set up a 6 synth macro for her.

Hit a skill up brick wall of sorts at 103 or so for an hour. Was down to 0.2 > 0.4 per set of 30 synths.
Speeded up a tad past 105 strangely. Was getting 0.4 > 0.6 per 30 by the end.
 Siren.Switchorz
Server: Siren
user: Switchorz
By Siren.Switchorz 2015-05-31 11:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

With Kitron and Ionis I had a mule go 60 synths for a .1. I did maybe 30 and received a .1, then went 30 more for nothing. Before Kitrons, Shapers, Ionis and other things that help, I've never had it this bad.

Seems someone pushed the NA button on my mules.
By lhova 2015-05-31 11:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
With 1 hour of Kitron Macaron, Cheer: Cockatrice, and Ionis, I was able to get nearly 4 levels of Alchemy skill today (99 to just under 103) with Ice Shields. I'd say in the end, my skill rate was probably around 25% or so, which I'm fine with since there's no real investment involved.

Great stuff guys! My Alchemy has been stuck at 103 for awhile but now I'm about to go all in with these Ice shields til I get 107! Se finally did something decent
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-31 12:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

108, actually. You can go until you're 11 over the cap, rather than 10.
By lhova 2015-05-31 12:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice! Even though I rarely use Alchemy lol. Hopefully now I can make a -1 hexxed coif and make some gil!
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-06-01 11:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought I was mad for thinking that.

It's definitely not working as intended because I'm sure they said 9 levels over still gave skill ups. Not 10 over.
Didn't the example say exactly that?

But I noticed when using up the rest of my mats on the clothcraft mule doing silk cloths that he continued to get skill ups at 10 over.

Might poke back on that alchemy mule before they fix it.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-01 12:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it's a bug, it was mentioned in the notes that you could be at 30 doing a 20 synth and still gain skill. Sure enough, I was able to get Smithing to 41 using the smithing kit 30's.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-06-01 12:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Alchemy 108 then ^^

It took no less than 22 synths for that last 0.1 to ding 108.

Had been chugging along just fine till that. Kitron ran out at 107.9 and couldn't bring myself to use another lol. It's a lesson learned.

Just selling spare mats and the Ice Shields to npc I note that it took 52 synths to go 107 > 108.

So 9/30.. Then 1/22 o.O
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-06-01 12:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it's a bug, it was mentioned in the notes that you could be at 30 doing a 20 synth and still gain skill. Sure enough, I was able to get Smithing to 41 using the smithing kit 30's.

Ooh I didn't know the kits were included in the over cap thing.

Smithing might actually be cheaper and/or easier to use those for a while.
It's one of my only 2 crafts left in the 20's on mules. Main has all of them at 70 at least. Including fishing and synergy.
 Bismarck.Herzins
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2015-06-02 08:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Damane said: »
crafting is the same you just can now also skill up on synth-recipes that are 10 lvls below your current synth lvl. the skill ups only occure tough on succeeding the synth not on breaks.

Does this mean I can get skill ups from a recipe that caps at 105 if I'm beyond that level? i.e. Hep ores cap at 105, I can still get skill ups if I'm let's say 106 gold?
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-06-02 09:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Herzins said: »
Damane said: »

Does this mean I can get skill ups from a recipe that caps at 105 if I'm beyond that level? i.e. Hep ores cap at 105, I can still get skill ups if I'm let's say 106 gold?

That's exactly what it means.

You can basically add 11 to any recipe now to see what it could potentially let you level the craft to.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-02 10:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, you can hit 110 on any synth that is at least 99. The skill rates don't seem any different when going over the caps, too.
[+]
 Bismarck.Herzins
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2015-06-04 13:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, you can hit 110 on any synth that is at least 99. The skill rates don't seem any different when going over the caps, too.

Awesome! :D
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-06-05 07:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I was getting the skill gain rates you guys are talking about. Last night I was in Adoulin with Ionis. I ate a Kitron Macaroon and was synthing kororito, 80 cap. I started at 85.9, in 58 synths I failed 2, lost 1 mat, and only went up 0.5 skill.
Since I passed 82, it's been taking me about 100 synths per level making those katanas.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-06-05 07:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
I wish I was getting the skill gain rates you guys are talking about. Last night I was in Adoulin with Ionis. I ate a Kitron Macaroon and was synthing kororito, 80 cap. I started at 85.9, in 58 synths I failed 2, lost 1 mat, and only went up 0.5 skill.
Since I passed 82, it's been taking me about 100 synths per level making those katanas.

That's pretty much what I experience. Between 6-10 synths per 0.1

The odd little run perks it up a bit. But then it sometimes just dies a death and I get 1/30 or something.
By minikomby 2015-06-05 08:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What about directions? Day/moon/ time? Does you face elemental direction similar to high skill synthesis for more chance to get skill ups or at this point doesn't matter since recipes are lower than your skill?
By minikomby 2015-06-05 08:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-06-05 09:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

minikomby said: »
What about directions? Day/moon/ time? Does you face elemental direction similar to high skill synthesis for more chance to get skill ups or at this point doesn't matter since recipes are lower than your skill?

yeah, i looked at the crafting compass on wiki and faced towards high risk direction.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [59 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-08-03 03:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone, i'm casual crafter and i wanna fibnish skill upping my leatchercraft 99>110
my plan is spam:

Aetosaur Jerkin (skill 109 with earth cristal)

and if i understood well with this informations:
http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Crafting_Skill_Ups?file=Chart.jpg
http://ffxi.lokyst.net/timer/crafttimer.html

the best choise for this craft is wait:
-New moon(increase skill ip+),
-lightday(same propriety as darkday with less chance of break),
-And craft faced South-East(increase skill up+) ?
can you confirm me i'm right or correct me to improve my skill rate ?
thanx to you veterans crafter !
First Page 2