New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Monster Hunter
Monster Hunter
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Acacia 2015-05-03 15:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
That group I was with went through all the hr4 quests. Then we were going to rotate through each persons urgent. Of course the first two people to go dropped as soon as they were done.
I can help :) looks like we've already met since I have you in my friend list. I normally play around 8-10pm EST.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-05-03 15:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
Does the Lacerator Blades additional damage count as a status effect (Like, enhanced by Status+) or some other element than fire?

Trying to avoid making a specific status+ set since i have so many elemental weapons and so few status affliction weapons.
You mean the GS? That has bonus damage?

Also I can help with any Urgent. Just need to ask and say when.
By Acacia 2015-05-03 15:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Does the Lacerator Blades additional damage count as a status effect (Like, enhanced by Status+) or some other element than fire?

Trying to avoid making a specific status+ set since i have so many elemental weapons and so few status affliction weapons.

I think he means the fire element on it that needs Awaken.

The only things that count as status damage are Para, Poison and Sleep. Blast is it's own effect, and Water/Ice/Thunder/Fire/Dragon are all elemental. When the additional damage is grayed out like on the Lacerator Blade, that means it wont be active unless you have the Awaken or Enlightened Blade armor skill.
By Enuyasha 2015-05-03 16:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Acacia said: »

The only things that count as status damage are Para, Poison and Sleep. Blast is it's own effect, and Water/Ice/Thunder/Fire/Dragon are all elemental. When the additional damage is grayed out like on the Lacerator Blade, that means it wont be active unless you have the Awaken or Enlightened Blade armor skill.
Yea thats what i meant :<

Looks like ill be making that Moshgarl set ive been looking at for the other things.

Someone should make a guild hall so we can all play online together. You dont actually have to be online for the guildhall to stay open right? You just need the ID (If this is the case or in the opposite i can just leave my DS on and create the room)?
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-05-03 18:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like ill be making that Moshgarl set ive been looking at for the other things.

Someone should make a guild hall so we can all play online together. You dont actually have to be online for the guildhall to stay open right? You just need the ID (If this is the case or in the opposite i can just leave my DS on and create the room)?
Doing that is a bad idea, as guildhalls are limited to 4 people at a time so if someone simply opens a hall and afk's that means one less person for the hunt.

2 things you can do: 1)Post in here when you're on and list a guildhall ID if you start one
2) use the list in the OP to add people, when people are online on you friendlist you can join their guildhall directly from that list in game without needing a hall ID(passwords still required).
By Enuyasha 2015-05-03 18:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »

Doing that is a bad idea, as guildhalls are limited to 4 people at a time so if someone simply opens a hall and afk's that means one less person for the hunt.

2 things you can do: 1)Post in here when you're on and list a guildhall ID if you start one
2) use the list in the OP to add people, when people are online on you friendlist you can join their guildhall directly from that list in game without needing a hall ID(passwords still required).
Okay, so the guildhall does close when the original leader is gone.

But yea, its an idea :<
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-05-03 18:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually a guildhall will remain open as long as someone is there to take lead. But once everyone leaves the hall, it will close. It's just that it's not an expansive guildhall.

Basically, you can't think of the hall as a large hub but rather as a small matchmaking lobby, it's not designed to last or hold many people at once.

That said, it's relatively easy to find each other and play together so there's no reason to be discouraged.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-05-03 18:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also send friend requests in the game itself so you don't even need to bother with friend codes if you find some people who you might like to play with again while doing random stuff.
By Enuyasha 2015-05-03 19:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

My original line of thinking aswell was we could keep the hall open and passcode it for just us, but i guess that severely limits who we'd all be able to play with (Maybe itd be a good thing? We've all encountered those people that die 3 times in one minute im sure >_>)

You can also send friend requests in the game itself so you don't even need to bother with friend codes if you find some people who you might like to play with again while doing random stuff.
Ive actually met some pretty pro people and they regularly pop into guildhalls im in from the friend list. its PRETTY great.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-05-03 19:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I did end up getting HR5 finally. Going to be working on getting solo quests caught up.

I am kind of torn as to whether or not I like the idea of having to do online to progress in solo. On one hand it is a neat way to encourage online play, on the other hand I feel a single player mode should just be that.
By Enuyasha 2015-05-03 19:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I did end up getting HR5 finally. Going to be working on getting solo quests caught up.

I am kind of torn as to whether or not I like the idea of having to do online to progress in solo. On one hand it is a neat way to encourage online play, on the other hand I feel a single player mode should just be that.
I added your friend code if you want to do more Caravan/HR stuff. I usually do my Caravan stuff solo cause its a pain to register Caravan quests online.
 Leviathan.Kjotu
Server: Leviathan
user: kjLotus
By Leviathan.Kjotu 2015-05-03 23:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

what made you think that you needed to do guild quests to progress in single player? you should be able to get to 10 star quests without touching a single hall quest
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2015-05-04 06:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kjotu said: »

what made you think that you needed to do guild quests to progress in single player? you should be able to get to 10 star quests without touching a single hall quest
I guess progress is the wrong word, I should say complete. Certain additional quests don't unlock until your HR online increases. For example Hammer It Home. I don't like doing 7 until 6 is done.
By Acacia 2015-05-04 11:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I was planning on clearing all the 6* and 7* Guild Hall quests (for the trophies) tonight if anyone wants to join me. I'll probably be on around 6-7pm EST.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-05-04 12:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kjotu said: »

I guess progress is the wrong word, I should say complete. Certain additional quests don't unlock until your HR online increases. For example Hammer It Home. I don't like doing 7 until 6 is done.
Just a heads up those are HIGH rank quests you unlock at 6 Star.

Same applies for 10 Star quests that unlock via getting G Rank 1/2/3 those are G Rank quests.
By Acacia 2015-05-04 17:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Room is open if anyone wants to join, 02-0273-1772-8133
By Grumpy Cat 2015-05-04 20:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Same applies for 10 Star quests that unlock via getting G Rank 1/2/3 those are G Rank quests.

They kind of feel like an in between. Like High Rank for babies so far.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-05-04 22:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They feel that way cause they have single player HP not online HP lol.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-05-04 23:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

They feel that way cause they have single player HP not online HP lol.
Actually their HP will be about the same, the real difference is how much damage they take compared to things online.

Village quests take unmitigated damage
Low rank is something like 90%.
High rank ~75%
and G rank ~50%.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-05-04 23:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I just thought they had less HP.
 Quetzalcoatl.Apocalypse
MSPaint Winner
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Apocalypse 2015-05-05 02:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, Spath explained it pretty well. When comparing village and guild hall monsters, the only main difference is the amount of damage mitigated. At the end of the damage formula a final reduction is tacked on depending on what rank the quest is. I don't know for sure myself what the exact percentages are, but I'm inclined to believe Gaijin Hunter, who said they were as follows:

Village: 100%
Low Rank: 85-95%
High Rank: 75-85%
G Rank: 65-75%

They do this to make up for the fact that you're able to play with other people as opposed to only being able to solo. So if you were wondering whether or not monster difficulty rises depending on how many people you have on the quest, it doesn't. Only the quest rank affects that. So when you're soloing a guild hall monster, you're essentially soloing a quest meant for 3-4 people of that rank.

Also, monster HP will increase greatly when you fight higher ranks, but the HP difference between, say, a village high rank Rathalos and a guild hall high rank Rathalos should be minimal or nonexistent. Of course, the size of the monster determines its HP as well, so you have to account for that.
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-05-05 07:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well people have already found out HP values.

Rathalos for example.

Base HP: 4200
Low (x0.55) 2,310 HP
High (x0.70) 2,940 HP
G (x1.30) 5,460 HP
By Grumpy Cat 2015-05-08 10:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll equip a LBG. Thought it would be fun.

Was halfway to the quest counter when I realized I only had my hat on.
By Enuyasha 2015-05-08 21:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll equip a LBG. Thought it would be fun.

Was halfway to the quest counter when I realized I only had my hat on.
Ive gone on quests where i upgraded a piece and accidentally equipped it...and then wondered why i had one less tier of a trait :<

speaking of traits, are there any more tiers after you hit elemental attack+3?

I may just be overstacking elements now on all my gear :|

Also: Making bank off of farming materials on harvest missions and then selling all the shard/charms i dont want >_>!
 Quetzalcoatl.Apocalypse
MSPaint Winner
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Apocalypse 2015-05-10 13:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH4U:_Armor_Skill_List
By Grumpy Cat 2015-05-11 09:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Also for quick reference, if you go to Status in the menu and all the way to the right, you can hit Y and it will let you look at each skill. It tells you what the checkpoints are both for negative and positives on skills you are currently wearing.
By Grumpy Cat 2015-05-11 13:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

My adventures with Light Bow-gun went well last night, granted I was in online games with a G rank HH user so my support was not vital.

HOLY CRAP these status effects though. I can't believe how often they proc with this. I have a SnS with sleep on it and it feels like I have to wail away for DAYS.
 Valefor.Shiroha
Server: Valefor
user: Shiroha
By Valefor.Shiroha 2015-05-20 19:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I have added all of you to my list! If you guys need any help lemme know!
[+]
By Enuyasha 2015-05-26 03:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That Gore Mag quest and Zinogre quest at caravan 6 is so annoying :| theyre low rank quest but holy *** do they hit like they are high level :(

I have a love hate relationship with gore mags anyway, but Crazy Stupid Love is just one of those quests i hate with my soul.