Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-17 11:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
People are saying this is the best trailer of all time....and I have no clue why...

Fanboise. Virgins etc.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-17 12:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senyn said: »
Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
People are saying this is the best trailer of all time....and I have no clue why...

Fanboise. Virgins etc.

Wow. And you go directly for the "virgin nerds" card. Classy. If you had just used the words "mother's basement" you could have had your name inscribed on the "nerd trope" wall of achievement.

My guess is you're both under 30 and don't have any sort of nostalgic or emotional ties to the original trilogy.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-17 12:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a good trailer no doubt. It reintroduces us to the world of Star Wars, fills in some blanks about our protagonists, cashes in on nostalgic imagery and sends us home with modern Han/Chewie.

Fanboi or not, it's a good teaser.
[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-04-17 12:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care what anyone says, I enjoyed Episode I, especially the near the end with this scene:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Maul was a tactical genius here. He constantly attempted to separate the two jedi so he could focus on one at a time. He chooses to focus on Jinn first, as he is older and slower, and was likely hoping that killing the master would demoralize the apprentice. Even more so, throughout the entire fight, he was allowing Jinn to push him back, giving Jinn a false sense of confidence and not allowing him to realize how tired he was getting. Finally, when the force-fields go up and Maul has absolute assurance that Obi-Wan can not interfere as a result, he kicks it into full-speed and starts to easily outmatch Jinn. You can see how taken back Qui-Gon is when Maul starts becoming more aggressive. Maul had been toying with him the entire time to keep him from knowing how capable he actually was in a one-on-one duel. This whole fight played to the quintessential sith trait: deception. Awesome stuff when you break it down...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2015-04-17 12:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said it was a bad trailer.... Just saying I wouldn't consider it even close to being the best trailer ever...

Also, I used to be a huge fan of star wars, but got over it several years ago, with the prequels, and the horrible remakes of the older 1's..

Only way ill like this new star wars movie is if something like this happens
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-17 12:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The prequels....eh. They're a mixed bag. They were terribly done overall, but they had elements I liked and they certainly allowed for the growth of the Star Wars universe, if nothing else.

I didn't hate hate hate hate hate them the way so many fans do, but they certainly could have been done better.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-04-17 12:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkalenia said: »
I don't care what anyone says, I enjoyed Episode I, especially the near the end with this scene:

Maul was a tactical genius here. He constantly attempted to separate the two jedi so he could focus on one at a time. He chooses to focus on Jinn first, as he is older and slower, and was likely hoping that killing the master would demoralize the apprentice. Even more so, throughout the entire fight, he was allowing Jinn to push him back, giving Jinn a false sense of confidence and not allowing him to realize how tired he was getting. Finally, when the force-fields go up and Maul has absolute assurance that Obi-Wan can not interfere as a result, he kicks it into full-speed and starts to easily outmatch Jinn. You can see how taken back Qui-Gon is when Maul starts becoming more aggressive. Maul had been toying with him the entire time to keep him from knowing how capable he actually was in a one-on-one duel. This whole fight played to the quintessential sith trait: deception. Awesome stuff when you break it down...
It's the most memorable fight of the prequels along with Yoda vs Doku.

I was really disappointed of the Obiwan vs Anakin, in comparison.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-17 13:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-17 13:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Yoda vs Doku.

The theather I was in broke out into cheering at this scene when Yoda started busting a move.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-17 13:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

"I lol'ed"
By Kaerin 2015-04-17 13:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone explain to me how it's racist to be confused about why there is a black stormtrooper when they're all suppose to be clones of Jango Fett?
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-17 13:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaerin said: »
Can someone explain to me how it's racist to be confused about why there is a black stormtrooper when they're all suppose to be clones of Jango Fett?

They aren't all clones of Jango. Unless we're calling that a retcon on behalf of the prequels. The Empire still recruited and had rank-and-file soliders/officers/etc.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-04-17 13:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing that annoyed me most about that entire scene was that the environment didn't make any sense. In the original Star Wars films, every location had a clear purpose - the carbon freezing chamber in Ep.4 being one of the most obvious. Everything in the scene supports what the place is used for - and any battles that occurred, were choreographed through that environment.

But not in Ep.1. It's just a seemingly endless room with a bunch of catwalks over an abyss, with a myriad of flashy energy columns, leading to an empty dead-end circular room protected by multiple force-fields. It just seems that the location serves no purpose at all, and was designed purely as an eye-candy backdrop for an intense battle.
By Wordspoken 2015-04-17 13:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Yoda vs Doku.

The theather I was in broke out into cheering at this scene when Yoda started busting a move.
Was there a theater that didn't?
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-17 13:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
Was there a theater that didn't?

I don't know, I was only in one!
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-17 13:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if any other actor will be able to command his own lightsaber color like Sam Jackson did.

[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-04-17 13:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I think the only movie I've seen where the audience cheered was LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring, when Aragorn put an end to Lurtz.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-17 14:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Honestly, I think the only movie I've seen where the audience cheered was LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring, when Aragorn put an end to Lurtz.

I've been in several where they cheered at the end of the movie, sort of an ovation despite having no performer aside from a college kid running the camera, but...even Fellowship -- which I saw in the same theater -- had the ending ovation only.

Edit: Though for me personally, Fellowship (and T2T, and RotK) all had more internal "squee!" moments...but that's because I've been an LotR fan since before I could read and my dad read them to me. Seeing it come alive was just magical.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-17 14:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Furious 7 had the opposite effect at the end. I think everyone in my showing had a box of tissues just by default.
By Darkalenia 2015-04-17 14:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been in a lot of theaters where the audience cheered at some point in the movie.

Aragorn beheading Lurtz is one.
Hulk slamming Loki into the ground repeatedly was another.
...I'll think of more later.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-17 14:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been in a lot of theaters where the audience cheered at some point in the movie.

That was an EPIC scene that resulted in insatiable laughter and endless storm of flying popcorn.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-17 14:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »

That was an EPIC scene that resulted in insatiable laughter and endless storm of flying popcorn.

It was pretty *** epic.

I didn't go to the theater to see it though.

I suspect there are more movies that may have had that cheering during the movie -- Django Unchanged when King Schultz shoots Calvin Candie comes to mind -- but I've since stopped going to the theater for the most part.

My problem also in theaters is that I have a pretty dark sense of humour -- not to mention a bit of a habit of misinterpreting things sometimes -- and things that aren't actually "funny" in the classical sense of the word still make me chuckle, snicker, or even laugh out loud inappropriately.

For instance, in The Dark Knight, when Joker pops up in the truck window like a jack-in-the-box and shoots the cop, I laughed out loud. It wasn't funny. But just the jack-in-the-box action of shooting someone had this slapstick element that made me laugh...

...I don't think people appreciated me laughing at a cop getting shot, but *** them. I'm not apologizing just because they don't get the imagery is capable of being funny even if the situation isn't!
[+]
By volkom 2015-04-17 14:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

There's been quite a few movies where the audience cheered and the audience walked out silently out of respect. (Then again I live in ATX and go to the Alamo drafthouse, so its a quite bit different crowd)

-Recent-ish movies that I remember the audience cheering
-Zero Dark Thirty
-LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring
-Inglorious Basterds
-Star Wars - Clone Wars
-The Interview
-Avengers

-Movies where people walked out in silence
-American Sniper
-Lone Survivor
-The Dark Knight
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-17 14:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

This is absolutely hilarious.

[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-04-17 14:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one, that was classic!
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-04-17 14:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember seeing episode III in theaters-- in the scene where Mace Windu is fighting Palpatine and the window shatters, somehow the theater made it feel like there was a vacuum of air rushing in the direction of the screen where the "glass" had been. The reaction of the people in the theater was neither laughter or cheers.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-17 15:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

When watching Star Wars at a regular theater simply wont do.

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-17 15:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
This is absolutely hilarious.

That is actually really good lol. I'm so sad that I knew it was Loot Crate as soon as I saw the box =/
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-04-17 15:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2015-04-17 15:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
Kaerin said: »

They aren't all clones of Jango. Unless we're calling that a retcon on behalf of the prequels. The Empire still recruited and had rank-and-file soliders/officers/etc.
Most of the Jango clones would be dead as well since the accelerated growth didn't completely cut out when they matured. On top of rank and file they also cloned multiple templates but couldn't make any more Jango clones because cloning a clone doesn't work out too well.

Edit: though expanded universe again and odds are disney doesn't care.
[+]