Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 159 160 161
By Draylo 2015-04-27 21:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah cool, I was wondering about the summons. I'll have to save up for him.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-27 21:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Danjuro btw has its awesomesauce not in its stats but in its versatility.

Seems like most if not all chars can equip danjuro. But not all chars have unique relics. That means unless youre 5/5 unique relics, certainly danjuro will figure in the main party.

Danjurou can not to be the best, but certainly will be the second best option.
[+]
 Asura.Linkan
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Linkan
By Asura.Linkan 2015-04-27 22:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
About comparing Rydia vs Terra, Rydia is a summoner.

Though i dont know anything about summons, im having a hard time trying mastery against calcabrina as my party have zero AoE. All i can do is using my double cuts or cloud soul break. But its a massive pain to adjust Calca and Brina hp to be finished with single hits of 1000ish.

I wish i had a summoner with shiva in this situation... I already used twice airplane trick.

If you have tyro and rydia in your party this is how i did it;

Get Tyro and Rydias Soul break ready before the battle. Have DPS do about 1kdmg to each mob in the back row as they're a bit beefier. Boost Tyro. Use both Soul breaks and you should be golden. When I did it my Tyro delt 1500 dmg to each mob and rydia delt 500. Hope this helps

Theres an FFRK subreddit btw and people there share boss strats and stuff if you guys are interested.
 Diabolos.Prodigy
Server: Diabolos
user: Prodigy
By Diabolos.Prodigy 2015-04-27 22:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Blind is freaking annoying and overpowered if you don't have spell equipped to remove it...
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-04-28 00:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Prodigy said: »
Blind is freaking annoying and overpowered if you don't have spell equipped to remove it...

whenever I get blinded I just turn the game off/on again lol
 Shiva.Zykei
Server: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2015-04-28 00:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Diabolos.Prodigy said: »

whenever I get blinded I just turn the game off/on again lol

Easiest way to deal with it...

Too bad I'm usually not paying much attention til boss music starts playing lol
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-04-28 01:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah blind is too overpowered. It takes forever to wear off and is too potent. You can find your entire party blinded before you even reach the boss. Fortunately though, blinding mobs don't appear to be common encounters.
 Valefor.Psykopat
Server: Valefor
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2015-04-28 06:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Concerning Aerith event, what did you guys buy?

I have around 25k points saved and am really hesitating on what to pick. My group is lv 35-37, I have only Aerith relic and no 5* weapon/armor.

Any advice is appreciated ^^
By runeghost 2015-04-28 07:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

After Aeris I grabbed all the accessories, then all the growth eggs. After that, see what abilities you are close to getting, and get the missing pieces.

Out of curiosity, after a week or so with the game this is where I am:
Stamina 62

Tyro-Level 45
Cloud - 39
Aeris 38
Kain 37
Wakka 35
Cyan 27
Warrior 25
Josef 25
Rydia 23
Ranger 21
Black Mage 20
White Mage 20
Bard 19
Summoner 16
Terra 7

I know that I should try to keep everyone about the same level... so do others shuffle to keep everyone balanced, or just go with one group and ignore the rest?
I am curious.
 Valefor.Psykopat
Server: Valefor
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2015-04-28 08:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

runeghost said: »
After Aeris I grabbed all the accessories, then all the growth eggs. After that, see what abilities you are close to getting, and get the missing pieces.

Jeweled and Peace ring don't seem that good, resist petrify and confuse sound poor to me.

Guess I'll grab a few eggs and some superior orbs.
By fillerbunny9 2015-04-28 08:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

personally, I would recommend getting all the high-star gems and whatnot you can from the event while you can. as I said before, Leviathan was beefy and allowed me to blow through the story stuff they added recently. getting all the Mythril that it offers is an obvious as well, as more mythril is more 5 mythril relic pulls, and more chances at strong gear.

I'd also recommend leveling a strong "core" team to get through the Elite dungeon levels, as they are not kidding around in those and getting Champion ranking is not easy. I think it is the 2nd FFIV dungeon that contains a 4 Star staff that I keep on my mage of the moment, and was instrumental in my clearing Shinra Tower since the last two bosses of that event could not be hit with standard Melee. Rydia nuking for 6k Thundaras, versus Kain with Jump (ironically the Jump ability seems stronger than the Double Jump Soul Break...) and Tyro/Wakka who could do Ranged were all combined not as much damage as Rydia could push in a single spell. I generally have my four strongest melee (Kain, Cloud, Sephiroth, one of the Cecils, and then a 5th who I can cycle through to just gain XP in the back row to try and bring up the new characters. once my core hits 50, I'll start rotating them out (which Cloud will likely hit first, followed by Sephiroth) for the purposes of grinding. the bonus XP events on Sunday can grant 30k XP per stage on the most difficult path if you can routinely Champion it.
By runeghost 2015-04-28 09:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Psykopat said: »

Jeweled and Peace ring don't seem that good, resist petrify and confuse sound poor to me.

Guess I'll grab a few eggs and some superior orbs.
True enough, but accessories at all don't come by that often, and it is better to have -some- accessory than none at all. In my opinion at least.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-28 11:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have around 25k points saved and am really hesitating on what to pick. My group is lv 35-37, I have only Aerith relic and no 5* weapon/armor.

Grab all minor and lesser orbs that are cheap. Mainly the power ones. Power orbs are required to all physical abilities, and you need a lot. Multiples double cuts, 1 retaliation, all spellblade for cloud, jump for kain, power and defense break are incredible useful against tough oponents. Holy orbs can be used for cures. Dark orbs are for magics.

High lv orbs are too expensive but your core abilities can be bought up to lv3 orbs.

Protect vestx3 if you dont have strong armor. Combining 3 protect vest will result in a 4* vest.

An aditional for the importance of power break abilities, i was fighting against Forza and Magissa, and it seems they are one that wasnt nerfed, so their challenge is high. Even with genji gear, my chars were receiving 1000ish dmg from Forza. As my Aeris hadnt any cure (she was with sleep and silence), i had to retreat, i dont think i can make without power break/high lv cure, boost. Its a good fight, not one you can do with auto. Requires preparation and you can not be prepared without orbs, and plenty.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-28 11:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerith -> eggs -> Greater Orbs (unless you need a specific orb to cap/unlock a skill)

Apparently Greater Orbs are a *** to get later on so hoard now!
By Mysticales 2015-04-28 22:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to see if maybe some of the FFXIAH community can join in.
I already sent my feedback in about them adding FFXI characters. (Comon, who doesnt want Shantotto to replace Vivi in terms of BLM...) and since she and Prishe are already in Dissidia and Theatrhythm. Youd think they wouldve added it by now to this game, least in Japan..

So would love if we could get some community support on this if people could send a feedback in about which FFXI chars could be added and your interest to see those storylines added into the game too. :)

Only place I know to give feedback is here. https://support.mobage.com/hc/en-us

Unless someone else know of another place.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-04-28 23:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather have Prishe over Shantotto anyday
By Jetackuu 2015-04-29 00:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I picked up the cheaper equipment, Aeris and the orbs to learn Dark Attack, not bad since I barely can pull through Normal at my level/equipment. (although easy is way too easy).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-29 07:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Mysticales said: »
(Comon, who doesnt want Shantotto to replace Vivi in terms of BLM...)
This guy
[+]
By Mysticales 2015-04-29 12:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh, but yea, would be cool to see a spawn of FFXI missions or something. The good common ones we all loved. But just being able to HAVE FFXI chars would be nice.

I do not however like what I am seeing.. that only "name brand" characters are the best of the best in the game, making generic job class chars pointless to even invest in. Or is that my imagination? I saw the JP list of stats for level 50 to see who is best of the best in stats...
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-04-29 13:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That seems to be the biggest flaw, from what charts and other things have shown. I LOVE me some Red Mage, but it sits near the very bottom, almost down there with Bard in the "bad stats" range.

I also want to say the Core Classes don't get to upgrade past level 50, though I might just be misinformed. I've only really read about the fancy heroes getting upgrade materials so far with readings.

Far as XI goes, they have quite a bit to work with, honestly. They already cobbled up a fair number of boss and character sprites that are likely sitting on some PC. Then we have deals like the Lilisette sprite for the MH as well.

YouTube Video Placeholder

The fact that they've been so cold towards XI and XIV in Record Keeper is a bit odd. Both games have Dissidia representation, as well as quite well known in the mainstream by this point. Just easy money to put them in and add their Relics for draws, waiting to be taken advantage of. Honestly would have expected SE to explore at least one of those by now, but so far both entries have been skipped while the other main games are being represented.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-29 14:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Core classes unlock skills later on.
By runeghost 2015-04-29 14:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Skills? Do tell more =)
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-04-29 14:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Core Class characters are generally useless
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-29 14:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Skills? Do tell more =)

Quote:
Memory Crystal & Record Materia System were introduced after 4 months of release in Japan.
Memory Crystal is awarded by completing challenges in Elite Dungeons or character specific events.
Once you have obtained a Memory Crystal for your character. He/She will need to be at level 50 before he/she can use it.
After using the Memory Crystal, that character's maximum level cap will be increased from 50 to 65 and he/she will acquire a Record Materia.
Record Materia is something just like materia in FINAL FANTASY VII, after using the Memory Crystal, that character will have a materia slot and you can equip any Record Materia you have currently obtained.
Examples of job classes Record Materia
Tyro - Deals extra damage when exploit weakness
Black Mage - Chance to restore Black Magic uses by 1 at the beginning of the battle
White Mage - Chance to restore White Magic uses by 1 at the beginning of the battle
Ranger - 10% chance of Attack trigger Rapid Fire which deals 70% of normal attack power with 4 times
Bard - Reduce attack power of Attack by 40% but deals damage to all enemies
Red Mage - Your Attack will sometimes cast Fire on your enemy
Summoner - Chance to restore Summoning uses by 1 at the beginning of the battle
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-04-29 15:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that's me satisfied. :I

Now to horde Mythril until the next time Buster Sword has boosted rates.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-04-29 15:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of the Core materia is decent, but don't forget that all characters get memory crystals and materia --- and each character can only equip one

and the other materia are way better

like don't level core classes just for the materia unless there's one you really want (but first look at the other characters')
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-04-29 15:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
That seems to be the biggest flaw, from what charts and other things have shown. I LOVE me some Red Mage, but it sits near the very bottom, almost down there with Bard in the "bad stats" range.

I also want to say the Core Classes don't get to upgrade past level 50, though I might just be misinformed. I've only really read about the fancy heroes getting upgrade materials so far with readings.

Far as XI goes, they have quite a bit to work with, honestly. They already cobbled up a fair number of boss and character sprites that are likely sitting on some PC. Then we have deals like the Lilisette sprite for the MH as well.

YouTube Video Placeholder

The fact that they've been so cold towards XI and XIV in Record Keeper is a bit odd. Both games have Dissidia representation, as well as quite well known in the mainstream by this point. Just easy money to put them in and add their Relics for draws, waiting to be taken advantage of. Honestly would have expected SE to explore at least one of those by now, but so far both entries have been skipped while the other main games are being represented.

i want prishe! waiting for lightning from 13 too ._.

*edit*

Side note!!! im looking to spend my magicite, i was gonna buy some orbs to get some abilities.. still newish only thing ive added to my arsenal is boost and blade bash and blinda. anything specific thats real useful and i can buy the orbs for? only sitting on about 4k magicite and im a little confused when it ends.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-04-29 16:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd much rather use a whole party of core jobs. I wish they weren't so weak.
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-04-29 16:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
I'd much rather use a whole party of core jobs. I wish they weren't so weak.

yeah i feel like i have to keep the guy you start with cause hes like the "lead" but his stats are all mediocre so i'm gonnaswitch him out and catch someone else up i think
By Pantafernando 2015-04-29 17:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacaut said: »
Side note!!! im looking to spend my magicite, i was gonna buy some orbs to get some abilities.. still newish only thing ive added to my arsenal is boost and blade bash and blinda. anything specific thats real useful and i can buy the orbs for? only sitting on about 4k magicite and im a little confused when it ends.

The abilities i use the most are: all spellblades to hit mastery conditions without relying on mages job, also a correct boosted spellblade will deal 9999 lv30+ elite modes. Retaliate, aside combo, makes trivial powerleveling a single char: use it solo in a daily dungeon, possibly with realm synergy, hit retaliate and easily solo hard battle without worryin too much with heals. When i capped cloud lv, in the ff7 daily dungeon, i was neting 9k exp per 10 staminas, while grabbing the material.

Double cuts as much as you can.

Defense/power break also are great options.

Cure goes without saying.

Jump if you use Kain.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 159 160 161