Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 159 160 161
By Pantafernando 2016-02-05 18:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously DeNA had to do orb event just when an ultimate boss drops major power orb...

Also, black, fire and earth arent my most wanted orbs, still that exp, sure is delicious.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-02-05 18:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hehe yea.. I was like whoa... also since I had to clear twice.. wish is was summon ice and holy... but exp is yumtastic... praying for 99k and not 29k like last time
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-02-05 18:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
What's up with the new quest update announcement? Are people going to get screwed out of the rest of the quest rewards if you can't complete them by the 17th? I still have like 35 to go. :/

the new quest system is way better trust me
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-02-05 18:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Random, out of the blue, Global exclusive orb fest... okay!!!

Also, Cid's Missions coming so many months early is weird. Hopefully we get a way to spend hero souls soon to go with it

Fyi, if anyone has lingering quests, forget about the growth egg and orb ones and make sure to blit thru the mythril ones first.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PmSyWoSZgI_hxwX8TSYXQcpTBAWFAMDJJdSxVpJkSxk/edit#gid=0

http://ffrk.kevrlet.net/
By Bloodrose 2016-02-05 19:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure I've gone through all, or almost all of my mythril ones, aside from 2 Level a character to 50 quests.

Everything else is just orb ***.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-05 19:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Obviously DeNA had to do orb event just when an ultimate boss drops major power orb...

Also, black, fire and earth arent my most wanted orbs, still that exp, sure is delicious.
You're actually farming Beatrix Ultimate? Damn.

I tried her once and then gave up, didn't feel like wasting my time like I did with earlier ultimates.
By Bloodrose 2016-02-05 19:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »

I tried her once and then gave up, didn't feel like wasting my time like I did with earlier ultimates.
As long as you have at least 2 level 65+ characters for FFIX, it's really not that hard.

Though I did burn Beatrix up to level 50, then 65 with Major Growth Eggs I had stashed away.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-05 19:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Asura.Failaras said: »

As long as you have at least 2 level 65+ characters for FFIX, it's really not that hard.

Though I did burn Beatrix up to level 50, then 65 with Major Growth Eggs I had stashed away.
What makes it not so hard from having IX characters?
By Bloodrose 2016-02-05 19:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Dungeon Synergy.

Characters from that dungeon series gets a 10 level stat boost or something like that, plus having weapons, armor, and accessories all get something like a 50% stat boost as part of dungeon synergy.

Edit: Personally, I only had 2 characters with FFIX Dungeon synergy at a level worth using, and they were Steiner and Beatrix. The rest of my party consisted of Cloud, Sephiroth, and Y'shtola.
By Pantafernando 2016-02-05 19:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Beatrix is more an issue of having 2 AoE cures, then using it quickly after Climhazzard. Given she has lots of single target physical moves, its easier to mitigate her damage. Even holy, her only magic dmg, can be cheesed.

It wasnt easy at first, but practice makes perfect.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-05 19:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Dungeon Synergy.

Characters from that dungeon series gets a 10 level stat boost or something like that, plus having weapons, armor, and accessories all get something like a 50% stat boost as part of dungeon synergy.

Edit: Personally, I only had 2 characters with FFIX Dungeon synergy at a level worth using, and they were Steiner and Beatrix. The rest of my party consisted of Cloud, Sephiroth, and Y'shtola.

I know all about dungeon synergy, I just don't really see how it makes the fight not that hard. Character strength is actually a lot more tied to unique SBs or skillset than it is to stats.
By Bloodrose 2016-02-05 19:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What is your dungeon raid team looking like?
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-05 19:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What is your dungeon raid team looking like?
Dungeon raid team? Like what my optimal non-synergy team would be like?
By Bloodrose 2016-02-05 19:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

No, the actual team you're using to try and farm Beatrix Ultimate.

This needs to include abilities and Record Materia choices.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-05 20:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
No, the actual team you're using to try and farm Beatrix Ultimate.

This needs to include abilities and Record Materia choices.

Oh, I already said I only tried it once and decided it wasn't worth the time/stamina it would take to figure out. I think it was something like:

Y'shtola. Protectga/Curaja. Mako Might. (Medica II)

Wakka. Armor Breakdown/Full Break. Zeal? (Status Reels)

Steiner. Armor Strike/Banishing Strike. Soldier Strike.

Lightning. Drain Strike/Lifesiphon. Knights Charge. (SSB)

Yuffie. Steal Power/Shadowsteel. Dr Mogs. (Clear Tranquil)
By Bloodrose 2016-02-05 20:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Life Siphon and Knight's Charge is pretty nice. I have the other Record Materia that does the same thing.

Anyways, I would recommend leveling Cecil (Dark Knight) for his Pride of the Red Wings Record Materia, since it's a significant damage boost while using swords - best bet for Steiner

I found Mako Might to be really blah when it came to healing, except on fights where the boss does a massive AoE first, otherwise I still with Cultured Conjurer for Y'Shtola

I don't have a SSB or even a unique SB for Lightning, so she gets leftover 5 star swords I'm not using. Still need to get her Thunderstroke Record Materia.

Ninjas in general are pretty... meh, in RK, but Shadowsteel is a pretty nice ability, as is Flurry of Petals. If you're using Full Break, would Steal Power even do anything aside from the damage? If not, there's other abilities worth using in it's place.

I may be wrong, but I'm assuming 2, maybe 3 characters on your list are at level 80, correct?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-02-05 20:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay 124k exp ~

Edit:

It ranges from 74k to a whooping 154k
By Bloodrose 2016-02-05 20:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Yay 124k exp ~
From the + Dungeon?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-02-05 20:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yupper~

Time to 80 all the things
By Bloodrose 2016-02-05 20:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Yupper~

Time to 80 all the things
How I feel about all that XP coming my way:
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-05 20:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

For specifically that fight I opted to use the auto SB materia so I'd be ready for her timed AoE, Yuffie was brought for Clear Tranquil since it's basically the best AoE heal even though she herself isn't very powerful.

Y'shtola 65, Wakka 80, Steiner 65, Lightning 78, Yuffie 55.

I am working on getting both Cecil and Tidus RM but too many things to do right now.

Really I was just trying to understand if there was something I didn't know about FF9 characters making it easier.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-02-05 20:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways, I would recommend leveling Cecil (Dark Knight) for his Pride of the Red Wings Record Materia, since it's a significant damage boost while using swords - best bet for Steiner

if going for dps boost RM, may as well just use Dragoon's Determination. +20% weapon specific RMs are only better than Self Sacrifice, but also lack the +10% DEF. Worse than Freedom's Wish too but -DEF hurts for ultimate fights

inb4 Sap: it isn't that bad, especially since Beatrix applies it anyway. Anything that causes Regen will overwrite
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-05 20:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I use DD/Self Sacrifice on my damage dealers anytime I'm not using a SB charging materia. I thought for this fight specifically that I wouldn't want to bring Sap but it ended up not mattering.
By Bloodrose 2016-02-05 20:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

if going for dps boost RM, may as well just use Dragoon's Determination. +20% weapon specific RMs are only better than Self Sacrifice, but also lack the +10% DEF. Worse than Freedom's Wish too but -DEF hurts for ultimate fights

inb4 Sap: it isn't that bad, especially since Beatrix applies it anyway. Anything that causes Regen will overwrite
I'm not worried about Sap at all, since it's not that strong from the RM.
There's Untapped Power which increases attack as HP drops, Gore Stained Blade II (regen also helps to over-write the cost of this)
High Scorer and Ace Striker as well as Knight's Charge
I personally like the having various Significant Damage boosting RMs at my disposal, particularly weapon specific ones, for those characters that have a very limited range of weapons, or only have a 5-7 Star of that type as their best equipped weapon type.

But I have a fairly large collection of RM to choose from as the situation needs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2016-02-05 21:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I seem to see a lot of interest in abilities/SSB's that do Sap what does that debuff do?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-02-05 21:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

strong DoT that is resisted by basically nothing
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-05 21:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a DoT that removes percentage HP damage, I think it's something like 2% every tic? It's better than poison, and not that many bosses resist it when compared to almost every other status in the game.

I've become a big fan of Shadowsteel lately because of it, on some bosses Sap will do up to 4k a tic and if I have to take Yuffie because of her SB I might as well use Sap.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2016-02-05 22:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I just bought Shadowsteel, Steal Power and Armor Breakdown today. Swapped Tifa out for Fran so I could use Armor Breakdown.
By Pantafernando 2016-02-06 02:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I want... Frans bow...
Must... Resist...
EDIT: Curses...
By Draylo 2016-02-06 07:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you not resist? lol I finally resisted my urge, no more on Beatrix banner lol. Thankfully it goes away tomorrow.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 159 160 161