FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 159 160 161
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-01-30 20:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I have one FF9 synergy 5* weapon total, and it's a combined 5* not a natural.

There was a post on reddit of a JP doing the Titan ultimate fight they just got. He had SIX 7* unique SB items. As well as two unique SB 5*s. All for the XIV realm. I'd kill for a Thyrus and he had enough to 7* it, 7* Y'shtolas robe, and 6* her new staff.
By Draylo 2016-01-30 20:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably one of those people that spends massive amounts of money on the game. They must be really rich in RL because I would feel very guilty to spend anything like that on a phone game with almost 0 online competitiveness outside of bragging on forums or something. These ultimate fights are starting to look like you will need at least SS2 or SG and an AOE heal or protect/shell SB at the minimum. Without at least one of those you'll probably need to use mythril or reset like 500 times.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2016-01-30 21:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm one of those people who can spend money on a free game i enjoy, I don't spend a lot and now a-days its usually just the 100 gem draws, which is still cheaper than my XI Account... but that said, my SB luck still sucks. I recommend against it unless you got disposable income to burn.

my JP Version however has Stoneskin II and 2 of the BSSB or whatever (I have Clouds and PLD Cecils)
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-01-30 21:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea... its pretty much mandatory to have SS2 or SG. I have both and can cypher between and with pro and shell makes most fights a joke. it comes down to hones after that and synergy
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-01-31 01:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind spending money on a free game as long as it's reasonable, 10 bucks for a 3% chance at the item you want isn't reasonable to me. God knows how much money I've spent on Hearthstone and LoL over the years.

So far I've been able to do ultimates without SG, SS2, Boon, Lunatic High, or even a Boosting SB. Sure wish I had one though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-01-31 02:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need them but omg do they make them a joke... Plus you don't have to RW for them either
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-01-31 02:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I was very lucky to get SG book very early on, then came RW, then came Advance and then the extra event battles became a thousand times more manageable for a 100% ftp player like me with very few high rank hones.
By Draylo 2016-01-31 03:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I'm one of those people who can spend money on a free game i enjoy, I don't spend a lot and now a-days its usually just the 100 gem draws, which is still cheaper than my XI Account... but that said, my SB luck still sucks. I recommend against it unless you got disposable income to burn.

Quote:
I don't mind spending money on a free game as long as it's reasonable, 10 bucks for a 3% chance at the item you want isn't reasonable to me. God knows how much money I've spent on Hearthstone and LoL over the years.

I didn't mean just spending money, I meant like going overboard and spending 800+ on it. To me that is just crazy, but I suppose you're right and if you have the money and it brings enjoyment then go for it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2016-01-31 07:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw you guys talking about 7* weapons earlier, and got me thinking about those 3 crappy Pinwheels I have.How would a 7* Pinwheel compare to a 5* Unique weapon? I know ranged weapons in themselves are kind of crappy attack. Would it be worth investing in?
By Pantafernando 2016-01-31 08:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Depend where you use that Pinwheel. If your considering as a weapon to use outside FFIX, I would advise against, as the diference between a 5* Pinwheel and a 7* is 97/112.

Obviously, inside FFIX, the diference is way higher. If youre considering this thrown only to use inside FFIX, I could see it as a good idea, but first I would ask if you usually just bring only one ranged char to field. If you use more than one, probably its not the best to combine them.
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-01-31 11:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

5th Barbut -.-; Does Beatrix's sword even exist?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-01-31 11:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It should come back during SSB celebration with better options, so dont use all your cash/mythril right now. Consider it as a win as you got enough FFIX armor to defend against FFIX mobs and move on.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-01-31 12:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Really wish daily pulls was more then 1 star garbage.. considering I've been playing from release and have gotten only 1 5 star... a hat that is now 7 star... I don't see why they don't upgrade it to 3 star and better...
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-01 00:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I was looking through banners to decide when to pull. Apparently in 3~ events we are going to get a relic for Lenna that is Haste and Attack+30%. Almost as good as Ramza except 10 banners earlier...

Obviously having less SB bar on your healer for medica blows, but it's also attached to the best current healer which helps a lot. Might even make this Yuffie headband I pulled a legit thing because I can have a medica on someone else!
By Bloodrose 2016-02-01 00:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

>.> only 7 start weapon I have is the Diamond Sword for Steiner, and I just got Cecil (Dark Knight)'s Pride of the Red Wings record Materia, which Deals Significant Bonus Sword Damage when a sword is equipped.

Hell *** Yeah!

But all I got were 3 and 4 star garbage, aside from the Red Cap, which is just a shitty Increase Attack for all allies.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-02-01 00:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Best for nuking maybe! Catlady still has the greatest utility out of every white mage with Beatrix not too far behind. Need too many relics to make Beatrix a worthy healer though

People always look at Lenna being the only 80 healer without realizing that white mages benefit the least from level out of any other type of character in RK. Cures scale poorly off of MND and they already have high DEF and RES. What really sets healers apart is their available non-white magic skillset and what relics they can use or that you have for them. Mini Scream is nice though. Still not enough to get me to spend mythril before the FFT gods come
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-01 01:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Level 80 Lenna has 500 more HP, 6 more defense, 12 more RES, 30 more MND, and other stats that are marginal. She also has a better normal SB, and the ability to have a realm bonus while Y'shtola just cannot.

I used Y'shtola a ton before MC2s but think Lenna is outright better barring Thyrus right now. I don't really use non Whm spells on my Whms much anyways.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-02-01 01:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

none of those stats matter tho, the 30MND will make a difference if you aren't capping damage on Diaga already but will have little to no effect on Curaga/Curaja. Her default SB is better yeah, but I don't actually remember the last time I used a default SB.

Like I said, the stats you gain between 65 and 80 are negligible for a healer. I much prefer being able to stick a breakdown onto Shtola and free up a slot on my support than have 60 extra HP on my cures

To each their own though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-01 01:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how defensive stats don't matter, they are certainly a pretty big deal. Just because you have relics doesn't mean everyone does, having a default SB that does something is a big deal.

I use Protect or Shell on my healer and breakdowns on my support, doesn't free up anything.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-02-01 01:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

6DEF and 12RES is of minuscule defensive benefit. It's less than 1/4 of the difference between equipping an armor piece and a bracelet, for example. Even on Ultimate fights I don't find my Healer dying very fast anyway, whether it be Yshtole, Aerith, or whoever else I'm bringing for their various skillsets. Lenna has Dancing, so when that becomes useful she gains utility too. Until then, Aerith has a potent AoE attack buff if you manage to draw it in addition to the ability to use summons (Carbuncle, AoE damage, etc.) and Yshtola can pack breakdowns. This is especially useful to note if you bring 2 healers, which a lot of Ultimate fights benefit from. Beatrix has numerous applications as a healer, but as I said she also has a heavy preparation cost.

The fact is, claiming that Lenna is the "best current healer" is clear hyperbole and open for very much debate. Don't get bent out of shape over it.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-01 01:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

500 HP, 6 Def, and 12 RES is worth basically two accessory slots. You're the one who felt the need to start arguing about it so I don't know how I'm getting bent out of shape.

I have no problem saying Lenna is the best current healer, unless you bring relics into the equation.

Edit: Also since you edited it in, obviously I'm not talking about any unique SBs. No one would ever argue that Y'shtola with Thyrus isn't the best healer, or Aerith with PP isn't really good, or even Yuna with Hymn isn't broken as a Whm.
By Pantafernando 2016-02-01 08:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Beatrix time.

The worst part of having so few good damage dealing SB is that I get kinda of limited against mastery conditions like hitting with holy and with Armor Strike.

The best combo would be using a knight with Armor Strike and Banishing Strike but I dont have any SB worthwhile for them... So, I will just need to bring a useless body, like I did with Fang against Barthy, where all she could do was defend.

EDIT: ops, I found a knight I can use.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-01 09:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I am having a major problem against Beatrix(Ultimate). She kills at least one of my toons before I could react to Climhazard with Medica II. SB usage is just too slow and she catches up.
By Pantafernando 2016-02-01 09:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, she is one of the trickiest so far. I just wiped out with a crit Seiken Shock, faster than I could close app so I ended losing my staminas.

It has 4 forms, and every change has her moves (1->2 Clinhazzard, 2->3 Seiken Shock, 3->4 Climhazzard, then every 2 turns is Seiken Shock).

The trick is that Seiken Shock is AoE high chance for Sap, and thats basically game over with Clinhazzard. Sap can be ovewrite by regen so Kirin is the best move after Seiken Shock, and AoE cura after Clinhazzard. My problem is that my Kirin just can be casted with my mage and definitively no way to cast both during the 4th phase.

I will try again in 1h, I guess its best to take it easy during the 1st and 2nd phase as its harmless, build the SB charges, redo all buffs, recover from Seiken Shock and rush during the 4th phase. (btw, 4th phase is around 100k HP to deal).

EDIT: Or dragon force, to blink Climhazzard though that one is quite rare, but I can see a merit in that, as the moment Beatrix uses Climhazzard is the moment of winning/losing. Seiken Shock hurts but its still possible to survive with good mitigation.

EDIT2: Now, im not sure if Dragon Force can blink Clinhazzard. It seems it can with Seiken Shock but Clinhazzard is NAT type, so probably its no good.

EDIT3: after a long session of S/L, Memento of Prayer plus well timed AoE curas and Aeris Planet Protector did the trick. Having 2 AoE curas and something to overwrite the sap seems the way to go. Then, its spamming SB to end 4th phase quickly. Aside the gimmicks of Seiken Shock and Climhazzard, Beatrix isnt so bad, she drops quite fast.
By Draylo 2016-02-02 19:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
5 more mythril for my last 11 pull chance at her Save the Queen :( Will it happen!?

:|

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2016-02-02 19:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The SSB on Fran's bow looks kinda of cool.
By fillerbunny9 2016-02-02 20:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I did an 11 pull and got three five star, none of which are supposedly drop increased under the banner. (none of them are even from FFIX) at this point, I just want to call BS on the drop increase.

edit: this has actually happened the last two times I have actually been given a 5 star and pulled on a banner in addition to this as well.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2016-02-05 16:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What's up with the new quest update announcement? Are people going to get screwed out of the rest of the quest rewards if you can't complete them by the 17th? I still have like 35 to go. :/
By Draylo 2016-02-05 16:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Might be missables unless they erase all of the "completed quests" portion!
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-02-05 17:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Orb event today

Hoping the xp gain will be worth 5-6 bucks of stm I'll burn... wanna 4/5 my tier 4 spells and cap out some 80s

Beatrix was a ***.. finally beat her and forgot holy and armor stike... glad I capped dungeons last week.
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 159 160 161