MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-04-16 19:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
I am close to discovering if the damage cap is 9999 or higher on the final boss

damage cap is always 9999 for one attack

multi-hit deathblows are generally really strong for this reason, like Cecil's Ray Wings, or Tifa's Crystal Gloves deathblow
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-04-16 19:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
and you should also do the tri-daily draws since they can drop 5* items too (but at like a 0.01% chance or something)

Will be very nice once that happens. We've only got 1 draw per day atm. :(
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-04-17 00:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I love turning in magicite for gear, but dear god, why in the world can we only buy one at a time, and the list resets after each purchase? This needs a QOL patch asap!
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-04-17 05:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

YES! I managed to get my Cecil PLD before the event ended, now he can equip his own relic ;D
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-04-19 08:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

After finally grabbing my 50 mythrils...

I cant find the Rare Draw Relic icon, neither the 11 draws at the cost of 10.

Were those just temporary campaign?

Nvm, found it.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-19 09:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I love turning in magicite for gear, but dear god, why in the world can we only buy one at a time, and the list resets after each purchase? This needs a QOL patch asap!

^ something fierce.
By runeghost 2015-04-19 10:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I got it on my phone on .. Thursday? And by Saturday I had completed all the "normal" storylines to date. Is the Japanese version farther along? (FF1 or FF8, or more in the ones we have access to?)
How often might we get new battles? I tried google-fu but apparently it is too new (US version anyway - I assume all the stuff on 'quests' was Japanese only and replaced with 'Events'?).

Also, while I have beaten all the 'normal' fights, being up to around level 20, I can't touch the high level versions (level 50+ for FF VI?)
So... am I missing something? Did I play too much for two days or is this all that there is? ( I apparently missed Sephiroth and Cecil =(
 Asura.Linkan
Server: Asura
user: Linkan
By Asura.Linkan 2015-04-19 12:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate freemium games, over a year i've spent 200+ bucks on dark elixers/gems/dragoneggs/cards/crack and decided i'd never play a freemium again.

Then i found this game.

I'll try my hardest not to buy anything that's for sure but here's a question;
Should I focus the event? I just started last night and have hardly any completion done but my freemium instincts are telling me to screw progression and focus on getting the bae (aerith). Thoughts?
By Pantafernando 2015-04-19 12:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

runeghost said: »
So, I got it on my phone on .. Thursday? And by Saturday I had completed all the "normal" storylines to date. Is the Japanese version farther along? (FF1 or FF8, or more in the ones we have access to?)
How often might we get new battles? I tried google-fu but apparently it is too new (US version anyway - I assume all the stuff on 'quests' was Japanese only and replaced with 'Events'?).

Also, while I have beaten all the 'normal' fights, being up to around level 20, I can't touch the high level versions (level 50+ for FF VI?)
So... am I missing something? Did I play too much for two days or is this all that there is? ( I apparently missed Sephiroth and Cecil =(

Special characters comes from seasonal campaigns. Previous one was cecil drk and pld, current one is aeris. Probably those campaigns should return after some time.

The game is too early aparently. The main goal, aside completing all scenarios, is to develop your party and challenge the hardcore event, where suposelly better gear drop, you can earn more exp, gil, drops, etc.

The elite challenges dont jump so abruptely after clearing all missions, though. The current last scenario should be lv 12(?) while the first elite scenario is lv14(?), the first from ffvii, and they will gradually increase till lv58, the last one, and aparently way higher than the current lv cap (50).

I sugest you to keep spamming the daily dungeons. Today is exp. in normal exp daily dungeon you can net 7700 exp, the highest ive seen for so low risk. Saturday was gil dungeon and during week is orbs and gear upgrade material. Aside that, you can spam aeris event to farm magicite and earn some drops there, like high lv orbs, to unlock special abilities.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-19 12:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Linkan said: »
I hate freemium games, over a year i've spent 200+ bucks on dark elixers/gems/dragoneggs/cards/crack and decided i'd never play a freemium again.

Then i found this game.

Should I focus the event? I just started last night and have hardly any completion done but my freemium instincts are telling me to screw progression and focus on getting the bae (aerith). Thoughts?

Getting aeris is a priority, before event ends, but there is still time, so you can undertake the normal missions to grab the staminas gems, mythril (save 50 for the 11 relics draw at cost of 10), more chars and exp. aeris is a whm better than WHM, so you should have her before wasting too much resources in WHM.

Currently the only place to spend cash is to get relics, but there are the upgrade/combine system to farm powerful gear. I myself have been running without spending real cash.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-04-19 13:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Linkan said: »

Then i found this game.

Why do you have to buy things to enjoy the game though? The game is great, even without ever spending a dime.
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-04-19 13:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Why do you have to buy things to enjoy the game though? The game is great, even without ever spending a dime.

I agree. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm glad I didn't get any OP 5* soul break weapons from using my 50 mythril. Besides very high lvl Elite dungeons, most of the game seems to be pretty face rollish with mid lvl characters and 3 and 4* gear. It'd be even more silly, and probably boring, if I could drop 9999 attacks.

Until there's content where that's needed (which I hope doesn't happen since everything else available in the game would be sorely lacking) I can't understand the desire to spend money for 5*s.
[+]
 Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2015-04-19 13:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got it and done the tutorial now, game looks pretty decent from what I've seen so far. Much better than the last bit of mobile shite they released.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-19 13:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally i think using real cash or no is relative to the person paying. For some people, spending cash has the same impact as going out to drink in a bar or eating in a expensive restaurant.

But imo, aside the relatively high cost, it should be considered the process is random. So, paying high for a random chance, what some report says its around 5% to get a 5*, its pretty bad. If it was at least pay to have a desired item, but not even that, aside that you dont really need any of those weapon for content. I bet even a 3* weapon with dungeon synergy should beat them, as synergy boost is stupid, almost doubling dmg.

I could complain about the scarce sources of mythril in game, but considering relics are basically the main cash maker of this game, i guess SE should leave as that. Next set of missions we should be able to get more 50 mythrils for more 11 chances, guess it will be like that for anyone playing free: new chance just once per new set of missions.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-04-19 14:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Not gonna lie, SE got a bit of money out of me for this game due to me starting late and having about a day of time to grind for the Cecils before their event ended. $1 to restart at a boss with full stats and a boost while saving the Mythrils for Relics served me well, with a dose of restarting if RNG got weird. All that let me beat that event underleveled with about 3 hours left to spare. Also abused some Myth to restore stamina, which I'm very surprised is a full restore for a single one.

Spent about $9 on the Relic roulette, and got burnt too much to bother with it anymore. I got lucky and got a non character specific 5* weapon, but reading around, it sounds like the drops are abysmal, and $3 per weapon is dumb. Doesn't hit that sweetspot for someone frugal like me, and that seems to be their biggest money maker. Would have probably plopped cash down for the Cecils, or at least some Growth Eggs, but SE doesn't seem to be going the traditional mobile game route with this one.

Honestly, if I didn't join late enough into that event that I needed to abuse the wallet to get arguably my favorite FF character into my party, I would just enjoyed the game without spending any money on it. The game is odd and does not seem to really try to shake you upside down for purchases, and seems reasonably playable without a dime spent. Mythril seems plentiful early on, you get a free Relic a day to save 5 Myth, and Myhril seems almost 1/1 for cash shop gems outside of Relic draws. I guess the game doesn't come across as scummy as other free mobile games I've done, which impresses me.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-04-19 15:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

There has yet to be a level in this game where I have been unable to beat it without proper gear synergy, levelling up in the daily dungeons, or just honing the appropriate caster/paladin-like defensive mage and grind the lower levels until the boss. Takes longer, but it can be steamrolled, particularly when you learn comet or quake.

The aerith events gives everyone the opportunity to farm great abilities in a short amount of time. Or mass-exp your ff7 characters (or all with eggs). You can't even complain, because the event is dumb easy, and reno even moreso than other bosses. They are giving people free items. Almost too easily imo (learned a bunch of lvl4 abilities in a few hours).

All of my free/relic5 draws have been absolute garbage. Because of that,I am convinced that spending money will do nothing more than piss me off. Not wasting money for a game that doesn't even require the desired items, let alone guarantee it.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-19 15:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
Not gonna lie, SE got a bit of money out of me for this game due to me starting late and having about a day of time to grind for the Cecils before their event ended. $1 to restart at a boss with full stats and a boost while saving the Mythrils for Relics served me well, with a dose of restarting if RNG got weird. All that let me beat that event underleveled with about 3 hours left to spare. Also abused some Myth to restore stamina, which I'm very surprised is a full restore for a single one.

Spent about $9 on the Relic roulette, and got burnt too much to bother with it anymore. I got lucky and got a non character specific 5* weapon, but reading around, it sounds like the drops are abysmal, and $3 per weapon is dumb. Doesn't hit that sweetspot for someone frugal like me, and that seems to be their biggest money maker. Would have probably plopped cash down for the Cecils, or at least some Growth Eggs, but SE doesn't seem to be going the traditional mobile game route with this one.

Honestly, if I didn't join late enough into that event that I needed to abuse the wallet to get arguably my favorite FF character into my party, I would just enjoyed the game without spending any money on it. The game is odd and does not seem to really try to shake you upside down for purchases, and seems reasonably playable without a dime spent. Mythril seems plentiful early on, you get a free Relic a day to save 5 Myth, and Myhril seems almost 1/1 for cash shop gems outside of Relic draws. I guess the game doesn't come across as scummy as other free mobile games I've done, which impresses me.

Just dont confuse the relic free draw with the mythril relic draw. Using mythril or gems, its garanteed 3*, and that change to 5% the 5* drop rate. But the free draw has 70% to get a 1*, and around 0,0...% to get a 5*. Someone made the math, to get a 5* from a free draw, it would take 25 years.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-19 15:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know what the odds increase is for the advertised relic draws? I'm wanting the 5* weapon for Aeris, but if the rate isn't that much better then I won't even bother.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-04-19 21:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure. I know the rate is increased for the duration of the event, and just becomes the normal rate afterwards. There'es no way to make the system pinpoint the exact relic you want, so you're just grasping straws at this point.
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2015-04-19 21:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The rates are weighted the same for 3*, 4* and 5* from a normal mythril pull. It's of the 5* drops, her weapon is increased to be the reward during her event.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-04-20 09:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Klausnek
user: Klausnek
By Asura.Klausnek 2015-04-20 11:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing the JP version for awhile now, was able to install it a few months before we moved back to the US.

Characters can get to level 65. They added an upgrade materia specific to each character that lets them break the level 50 cap. For characters gained via events, the upgrade materia is offered as a reward item in the Elite mode of the event (hard versions of the normal event battles). For other characters, the materia is a reward from the Elite Dungeons of the normal storyline part of the game.

Not all of the characters have materia at the moment that I've found, but I've not finished the story mode (some of the battles are level 80 and higher in difficulty).

Upgrading your abilities is really important later on I've found, as you'll be using them more instead of just auto-attack spam on the lower levels. I'm not great with reading Japanese, so getting the hints to limit the boss abilities is a bit tough. The later boss battles can be brutal without those and 5-star gear and abilities. If you've upgraded your inventory to hold more gear, it really helps to keep several sets of gear from each FF series, helps a lot on those specific battles.

The game is a blast overall. I've started playing the NA version and it's pretty fun the second time around (usually playing both at the same time.)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-04-20 12:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ff1 and Ff2 coming soon
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-04-20 12:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Just started playing this and curious around what level Normal difficulty can be done. Haven't tried since level 11 or so and was getting 1-shotted (though, I haven't done much to upgrade gear and I'm about level 13-15 for most right now).
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-04-20 12:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear is a big factor on being able to do stuff. With lower end gear, I would say your best bet is probably 16-20 range to start doing Normal, depending on party members.

Each character has different degrees of stats, with Cloud and Kain being two of the higher ends compared to what your other options are. None of the core classes seem to really shine, compared to main characters, so that is something to keep in mind as well.

Just work your way through the story for a bit, and do daily dungeons, and you'll get there eventually.

Pantafernando said: »
Just dont confuse the relic free draw with the mythril relic draw. Using mythril or gems, its garanteed 3*, and that change to 5% the 5* drop rate. But the free draw has 70% to get a 1*, and around 0,0...% to get a 5*. Someone made the math, to get a 5* from a free draw, it would take 25 years.

Now see, that gets me wagging my finger in the air and saying "Now that's the SE I know", after years of XI drop rates. Still wish the buyout price was like $1 to hit that impulse sweetspot.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-20 14:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Seranos said: »
Just started playing this and curious around what level Normal difficulty can be done. Haven't tried since level 11 or so and was getting 1-shotted (though, I haven't done much to upgrade gear and I'm about level 13-15 for most right now).

I think the normal modes can be done without too much exping sessions, as each scenario is just 1 lv above the previous one.

About gear, while upgrading/conbining provides some boost, i never noticed any game breaking change between a gimp and a fully upgraded gear. Surviving is more a matter of amount of hp you have. When the level increase, dmg taken is still high, but the chars should have enough hp to take them.

The most crucial factor to consider is synergy. Synergy is when you match your gear/char world to the world being played. For example, using cloud in a VII scenario can increase hp to around 50% also doubling the dmg done. Weapons also have that effect (you can see the serie its from near the name), doubling the dmg done. Ideally the perfect team is a team 5/5 characters from same world with 3/3 gear from that world. Keep that in mind to select your gear, the bonus is no joke.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-20 14:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Seranos said: »

Important add to make is to try to complete aeris event before the deadline expires, possible grabbing some extra items like mythril (save 50 of them before turning to relics).

Why is important to pay attention to those seasonal events: there are a lot yet to come. Seems like jp has around 30 diferent kind of events. While likely old events will come back, given how many events there are, it can take a long time. Checking this page (http://chrysaliswiki.com/guides:events-of-record-keeper) just 2 events out of 30 were re issued. So, dont miss the chance to grab aeris, plus the mithril. The vest is a good item to buy. Having the 3 vests, later you can combine them to have a vest 4*.
 Asura.Klausnek
user: Klausnek
By Asura.Klausnek 2015-04-20 14:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The JP version has an 'Optimize' button on the party screen before you undertake a battle. It will equip the strongest weapon/gear on your party and will favor the equipment for the world (FF series) the battle is in. It doesn't do abilities, though on the party menu you can do that prior. I hope that add this feature soon for the NA version, huge time saver.

They also recently added a feature where you can select a 6th party member. It's not really a playable character in that you get the ability to use a special attack of that character. Think of it as a type of 'summons'. The characters available are actually other people's characters that they have made available to use (like a pool of characters), so they will have levels and whatnot.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-04-20 17:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Klausnek said: »
They also recently added a feature where you can select a 6th party member. It's not really a playable character in that you get the ability to use a special attack of that character. Think of it as a type of 'summons'. The characters available are actually other people's characters that they have made available to use (like a pool of characters), so they will have levels and whatnot.

In short, you have a Friends List and you can pick a friend to come along, and you have 2 uses of their Deathblow over the course of the dungeon

kinda like PAD's system except the friend doesn't actually join the party
By Pantafernando 2015-04-21 16:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
About gear, while upgrading/conbining provides some boost, i never noticed any game breaking change between a gimp and a fully upgraded gear.

Reestating this info, i would correct myself, the diference about weapons of different rank is quite noticeable. I made the following chart using average values of those 3 kind of weapons (number are the average max one gear can obtain after combining/upgrading processes):

1* 2* 3* 4* 5*
DAGGER 20 32 45 71 113
FIST 20 33 47 74 115
SWORD 22 37 49 81 127

The 5* weapons are really gamebreaking considering the difference between the previous lv (4*).

But in reality, just 2* max should be expected at this point. All the others hardly will ever be combined.

Considering a JP graph:

Damage is attack^1.8 divided by def^-0.5

That means, damage is exponential to attack, almost being a square function.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 159 160 161