Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-04 10:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Prodigy said: »
Increased relic drop rate my a$$ . Still get tons of happy gray orbs
This is SE version of increases.

Instead of .00001% drop rate, it went up to .00002%, that's double the drop rate!
By Pantafernando 2015-09-12 05:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIV event at sight!

By Pantafernando 2015-09-12 06:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I must admit im weak to girls with bangs, weak to mithras so very weak to mithras with bangs!
By Jetackuu 2015-09-12 07:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I will be glad to say that some version update awhile back has managed to cease my crashing when scrolling on the equipment page.

I need to sit down and clear more of the added regular zones, haven't done any in weeks.

Edit: I'm apparently 58 classic dungeons behind and 114 elite dungeons behind... Well there's a few elite I've cleared but not mastered, so there's that.

I was caught up too.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-09-12 11:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

JP version got orb exchange: 10 of one tier can be exchanged for 1 of the higher tier. Other way around works too.

Also you can turn abilities into orbs: you get half of the orbs required to make the ability.
By Jetackuu 2015-09-12 11:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
JP version got orb exchange: 10 of one tier can be exchanged for 1 of the higher tier. Other way around works too.

Also you can turn abilities into orbs: you get half of the orbs required to make the ability.
Cool, finally will get some high tier orbs, can't wait for this.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-09-12 12:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Abils to orbs will be great.

Like that time we got x2 Phoenix event rewards.

Also balance adjustments today and attack soft cap increased
[+]
By Draylo 2015-09-12 12:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
FFXIV event at sight!

Booooo
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-09-12 15:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIV event at sight!

You guys are catching up o.O

We got that event just last month!!
By Pantafernando 2015-09-12 16:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIV event at sight!

You guys are catching up o.O

We got that event just last month!!

We are nowhere near the jp version as our event/dungeon release pace is almost the same (dungeons being released 2x a month, normally just 2 events going on at same time).

Actually, this event wasnt officially announced, it was actually translated recently. This banner plus the relics banners from this event were leaked in some site so its given they are close, but i heard FFXIV event was introduced recently, iirc due to some comemorative date (idk, it seems this month is FFXIV anniversary).
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-09-25 11:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So i just did a thing.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-25 11:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

How much RL dough bro?

I was wondering: Is XIV gonna get more events or its own realm in the future?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-09-25 11:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

>mfw Tyro is my strongest BLM in FFVII realm

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-25 11:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Poor Red XIII...
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-09-25 11:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
How much RL dough bro?

A solid 0/10 life i have.
By Jetackuu 2015-09-25 11:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I need more 4/5 star thingies, and more limit break crystals, as some of my favorite characters to use right now are stuck at 50.

Irvine with his Valiant is the only 5 star 65 I have >.<
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-09-25 12:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fun times ahead.
Quote:
Welp, this MIGHT be a problem.

First Chamber of the Abyss is open in Japan, and the last boss of it is absolute *** on a level that has never before been seen.

Difficulty ???, 1 stamina to fight. The only other boss that had those numbers (or lack of number in the case of difficulty) was FFV's Omega.

The boss is FF6's Ultima Buster, classified as [Abyss]. He is completely IMMUNE to stat drops from any source (breaks/breakdowns/soul breaks/etc.), whereas the worst previous bosses had was resistance to those. He counters physical attacks (and AOE attacks in phase 2) with single target 100% instant death, so don't use those.

There are 3 phases to the fight; phase 1 isn't that rough as long as you beat him out of it before he chooses to cast Meteor, but phase 2 introduces a gimmick in that he summons a mana sphere that you can target instead of Ultima Buster; the sphere will damage itself further and slightly damage Ultima Buster if you hit it with holy/dark/non-elemental damage, heal the party if you hit it with ice or water magic, or severely damage Ultima Buster if you hit it with fire or thunder magic. Master conditions are to hit the sphere with a non-elemental magic attack, hit it with water damage, and hit it with fire damage. At the end of phase 2, he'll use an "Abyss" version of Ultima that ignores resistance completely and does damage from "significant" to "you die" depending on how much you hit the sphere for.

To make matters even worse, his magic in phase becomes "Abyssal" and completely ignores all buffs. Period. This includes Shell, Sentinel's Grimoire/Stoneskin, Runic Blade/Grand Cross, Khimari's Mighty Guard, Galuf's "become temporarily invincible to damage", etc. His Abyssal Southern Cross goes even further and completely ignores the Resistance stat as well.

So basically you have to deal with a boss who is immune to stat drops, who eventually pulls out attacks that ignore your buffs and/or defenses completely.

Have fun!
Quote:
The preferred method of killing this thing in Japan appears to be "bring someone with a SB that can put up AOE haste, bring Aerith's SSB for a RW, and just throw all the fire and lightning magic you can at the sphere to burn Ultima Buster down. Either you burn Ultima Buster down before he ever uses Abyssal Ultima, or he fires it off, you get saved by the Autolife effect, and you can hopefully burn the last few chunks of HP he has off before he starts wrecking you.

Edit:
Example of a full score clear.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-09-25 17:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
How much RL dough bro?

Last i checked, FFXIV doesnt have an own realm in jp version, meaning we also wont have it for at least 6 months.

Current FFXIV event is just a celebration event for the Heavensward expansion.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-09-25 18:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy *** guys there was a huge update today.

First of all, they COMPLETELY redid the user interface.

^new home page.
(Can select Normal and event dungeons here.)

^new world select screen.

^new equipment/ability screen. This is the most exciting ----
the faded out boxes are for desynthesizing abilities and exchanging orbs for other orbs. That's coming soon!!

I'm late on this, but this is all really exciting. I was starting to lose interest in this game recently after I burned like 150 mythril and got like....3 mage staves.... Good to see something is changing, cuz RELIC PULLS AINT. still grabbing garbage
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-09-25 19:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon Kasai said: »
Fun times ahead.
Quote:
Welp, this MIGHT be a problem.

First Chamber of the Abyss is open in Japan, and the last boss of it is absolute *** on a level that has never before been seen.

Difficulty ???, 1 stamina to fight. The only other boss that had those numbers (or lack of number in the case of difficulty) was FFV's Omega.

The boss is FF6's Ultima Buster, classified as [Abyss]. He is completely IMMUNE to stat drops from any source (breaks/breakdowns/soul breaks/etc.), whereas the worst previous bosses had was resistance to those. He counters physical attacks (and AOE attacks in phase 2) with single target 100% instant death, so don't use those.

There are 3 phases to the fight; phase 1 isn't that rough as long as you beat him out of it before he chooses to cast Meteor, but phase 2 introduces a gimmick in that he summons a mana sphere that you can target instead of Ultima Buster; the sphere will damage itself further and slightly damage Ultima Buster if you hit it with holy/dark/non-elemental damage, heal the party if you hit it with ice or water magic, or severely damage Ultima Buster if you hit it with fire or thunder magic. Master conditions are to hit the sphere with a non-elemental magic attack, hit it with water damage, and hit it with fire damage. At the end of phase 2, he'll use an "Abyss" version of Ultima that ignores resistance completely and does damage from "significant" to "you die" depending on how much you hit the sphere for.

To make matters even worse, his magic in phase becomes "Abyssal" and completely ignores all buffs. Period. This includes Shell, Sentinel's Grimoire/Stoneskin, Runic Blade/Grand Cross, Khimari's Mighty Guard, Galuf's "become temporarily invincible to damage", etc. His Abyssal Southern Cross goes even further and completely ignores the Resistance stat as well.

So basically you have to deal with a boss who is immune to stat drops, who eventually pulls out attacks that ignore your buffs and/or defenses completely.

Have fun!
Quote:
The preferred method of killing this thing in Japan appears to be "bring someone with a SB that can put up AOE haste, bring Aerith's SSB for a RW, and just throw all the fire and lightning magic you can at the sphere to burn Ultima Buster down. Either you burn Ultima Buster down before he ever uses Abyssal Ultima, or he fires it off, you get saved by the Autolife effect, and you can hopefully burn the last few chunks of HP he has off before he starts wrecking you.

Edit:
Example of a full score clear.
YouTube Video Placeholder

This fight is *** ***, the likes of which no man has ever seen
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-09-27 07:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay got Aurora Rod!
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2015-09-27 08:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

3900 gems later no Buster Sword ;;
By Pantafernando 2015-09-27 16:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Valmur said: »
3900 gems later no Buster Sword ;;

At this point, im just hoarding mythrils for the upcoming SSB relics.

Also, it seems relic gacha in the jp side of ffrk has better drop rate. Also, it seems they are having SSSB festival (banner with multiples SSB relics). After seeing that, i will just be pulling my 100 gems per banner and thats it.

Till the point Organics is available...
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-09-27 17:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Till the point Organics is available...

organics is OP as ***
By Jetackuu 2015-09-28 10:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Got 5 star relics for the 14 characters...

/blankstare

I need to start reshifting my focus to mages, hitting my limit on stages I can clear and such. It would help if I had a few more limit breaks on some of the better characters...
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-09-29 12:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Japan getting an Advent Children event. Introducing another new level of Soul Breaks, along with costume changes.
Quote:
Lone Wolf of Contrition: The Cloudy Wolf - 30 September 2015

Cloud is a somber character, tormented by guilt over what he perceives as his past failings to save those he cares about. The final straw was contracting the terminal Geostigma plague, adding to his feelings of helplessness.

Distancing from his friends and living alone, Cloud tries to keep his affliction secret. Cloud faces his past both metaphorically and literally, and with the shows of loyalty from the friends he tried to let go he comes to forgive himself and moves on. It is unclear what this ultimately means in terms of his personality and lifestyle.

Advent Children takes place two years after the events of Final Fantasy VII and focuses on the appearance of a trio that kidnaps children infected with an unknown disease. Former Final Fantasy VII hero Cloud Strife, suffering from the same disease goes to rescue the children.

He discovers that the trio is planning to resurrect the villain Sephiroth using the remains of the extraterrestrial villain Jenova, and he and his compatriots from the game fight to stop them.

Tifa passes the message onto Cloud via his cellphone as he travels through the Midgar Wasteland while on a delivery.

Unbeknown to his friends, despite his attempts to find a cure, Cloud himself has become infected with Geostigma and is now distancing himself from them in anticipation of his death, while battling a growing depression and lack of self-confidence as he feels guilty for the deaths of Zack Fair and Aerith Gainsborough.

Recruit Cloud, Cid, Red XIII, Sephiroth, Tifa, Zack and chance to obtain their Memory Crystals!

You will also get Hero's Soul and Memory Crystal Gemstone to pick whatever Hero and Memory Crystal from Chamber of Ritual!

★4 Accessory

Lightning Ring - Increases ATK & reduce lightning damage taken

Complete extra quest to recruit Aerith, Barret and Yuffie!

Introducing 【Misfortune】Bahamut SIN & Shadow Creeper

Bahamut SIN and Shadow Creeper will show up together, and Shadow Creeper will revive after a short time after killed, use your all target abilities to kill them then focus on Bahamut SIN!

Defeating 【Misfortune】Bahamut SIN & Shadow Creeper will reward you rare items!

Once Bahamut SIN reach critical HP, it will cast Gigaflare which deals ridiculous heavy damage and there is no way to stop it!

★5 Accessory

Cloud's Goggle - Increase ATK and a high chance to resist Blind!

Memory Crystal II Gemstone

Obtain it and obtain Tifa's Memory Crystal II or other hero's Memory Crystal II as you wish!

Black Crystal

A rare crystal that is use for creating ★6 Black Magic - Ultima

New Samurai ★4 ability

Flame Blossom - Deals fire damage to all targets!

Introducing Dress Record System

After obtaining a Dress Record, you can switch Cloud into the Cloudy Wolf costume.

Introducing Burst Super Soul Break!

Burst Super Soul Break increase your character's ATK, DEF and SPD during the duration also replacing your Attack and Defend command into two abilities that do not have uses limitation.

As of Fenrir Drive

Attack command will transform into Whirlslash which attack all opponents for 2 times.

Defend command will transform into 4x-Cut which deals four consecutive cuts to random enemies.

Balance changes

Zack will now be able to equip Fist Weapons.

Aerith MAG up from 146 > 168 & RES 125 > 142.

Phase 1 - 5 Unique Soul Break, 1 Shared Soul Break and 1 without Soul Break

Cloud - First Tsurugi

Fenrir Drive (Burst Super Soul Break) - Launch a series of eight attacks on a random single target, grant Haste and Burst Mode on user, mastering Soul Break +10 ATK.

Red XIII - Magic Comb

Stardust Ray (Super Soul Break)- Launch a series of ten attacks on a random single target, grant Shell to party, mastering Soul Break +10 ATK.

Zack - Zack's Glove

Air Strike - Deal physical damage to all targets for three times halt their action.

Cid - Mast Ax - Low chance to inflict Confuse

*Hyper Jump - Deal four physical attacks on a single target, grant Haste, ATK and DEF up on user.

Tifa - Platinum Fist

Burning Arrow - Deal two physical attack on a single target and boost party ATK.

Phase 2 - 5 Unique Soul Break, 1 Shared Soul Break and 1 without Soul Break

Tifa - Master Fist

Dolphin Blow (Super Soul Break) - Deal four physical attacks on a single target, boost ATK on user, mastering Soul Break +10 ATK.

Cloud - Organics

Blade Beam (Super Soul Break) - Deal physical damage to all targets for three times, mastering Soul Break +10 ATK.

Sephiroth - Sephiroth's Cape

Nibelheim's Nightmare - Deal fire damage to all targets for four times and grant Enfire on user.

Yuffie - 4-point Shuriken

Landscaper - Deal physical earth damage to all targets for three times and slow them.

Aerith - Keepsake Ribbon

Planet Protector - Raise party's Attack.
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2015-09-29 12:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I know DeNA likes VII but how about some FF I ~ IV love
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-29 12:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Valmur said: »
I know DeNA likes VII but how about some FF I ~ VI love
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-29 12:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I mostly use FFVII characters, and it actually makes me very annoyed that they have so many freaking events with FFVII relics. I don't have much time at all to collect mythril in-between, so I'm scrambling each and every time to get enough for some pulls. There are thirteen other numbered titles to give events to. Give me a break here.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 159 160 161