Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » DualShock 4 Controller on PC
DualShock 4 Controller on PC
 Siren.Dekoda
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-04-03 02:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone use a DualShock 4 on PC? I bought one for FFXI and I really like it. I haven't downloaded a wrapper or anything, I just plugged it in and played.

However, sometimes I'm getting double inputs with the X button. I'll press it to confirm and the game will register the input twice. I can't seem to replicate it on command, it occurs randomly. I can't tell if this same problem would occur with the other face buttons or if it's how I'm pressing the button or what.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it inherent to the DS4 or is mine defective?
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2015-04-04 15:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

free bump
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-04-04 16:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not using any sort of program like DS4Windows, right?

I know that with that plugin, you have to hide the controller for some games that support xinput (older titles like XI and some like Dark Souls, as examples), since sometimes they double register clicks. It tricks the game into thinking it's a pure Xbox style controller that way. Might be a starting point to figuring out your issue, at least.

I personally use DS4Windows v1.4.245 for mine, since it gives some good options and compatibility. Stuff like the ability to change the color on the LED light, as well as save profiles for various games, and some other interesting things. I'd say maybe look into that as an alternative.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zellc
Server: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2015-04-04 16:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill second what Chilzen said. ds4windows works amazingly for everything I play.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [93 days between previous and next post]
By jburner 2015-07-06 22:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been trying to get my DS4 working. I have tried both DS4windows and inputmapper. Both give me the same issue. I go to gamepad config on ffxi settings and the L2/R2 are acting as the right stick. I cannot find a way to fix this at all. Tried mapping the controller to the keyboard and that didn't work either. Unsure what to do if anyone else had this issue and resolved it.