First Official GOP President Announcement

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » First official GOP President announcement
First official GOP President announcement
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 61 62 63
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-03-29 11:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Zackan said: »
The reason I am against gay marriage(being called Marriage) is because it destroys the ORIGINAL(maybe not the current day) purpose of marriage. It was a religious unity to protect procreation. Now call it something else and i could care less.

Marriage has basically always been a contract recognized by the state. Unions are actually the arrangements you're referring to. So, let the gays get married, you can have your traditional union.
What DO you believe the "ORIGINAL" purpose of marriage was?

Hint: it was not "protect procreation."
By Zackan 2015-03-29 12:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Of course who needs Congress to get anything done !

not obama^^
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-29 12:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

not obama^^

I'm sure he'd love to sit in his comfy chair or play more golf. Thank goodness congress isn't letting him have too much downtime.
By Zackan 2015-03-29 12:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So after looking around a bit and talking to people.. I realize this entire Religious Freedom discussion went down the wrong path.

There seems to be a key difference most people seem to neglect... The people who refused to service a gay couple.. did not actually say 'do not come into my store' because you are gay.

They refused to take part in the ceremony.

Bottomline, the bakery willingly sells pastries to any gay person, they just wont participate in the Wedding itself... and for that they are hounded.
Because a point has to be made and someone has to be the victim
By Zackan 2015-03-29 12:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

not obama^^

I'm sure he'd love to sit in his comfy chair or play more golf. Thank goodness congress isn't letting him have too much downtime.

I am unsure here. Are you continuing the joke, or are you at this point defending his need to be the only voice that matters?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-29 13:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

not obama^^

I am unsure here. Are you continuing the joke, or are you at this point defending his need to be the only voice that matters?

A little of both, honestly. I don't like him pushing executive orders in place of legislation, but congress seems content to let serious issues go unattended and it would be irresponsible for the executive not to take what action they can.

So after looking around a bit and talking to people.. I realize this entire Religious Freedom discussion went down the wrong path.

There seems to be a key difference most people seem to neglect... The people who refused to service a gay couple.. did not actually say 'do not come into my store' because you are gay.

Bottomline, the bakery willingly sells pastries to any gay person, they just wont participate in the Wedding itself... and for that they are hounded.

Listen, if they don't want to "participate in the ceremony", that's fine, it's not like couples are asking them to be ushers. Delivering the flowers or cake is part of the job, and if they weren't willing to perform all aspects of that job, they shouldn't have taken any portion of it. It's like a roofer delivering the shingles but refusing to nail them down because he had a religious objection to green shingles. If that's the case, don't take the damn job.

A law that allows them a line-item veto of portions of a job they voluntarily take for "religious reasons" is completely unnecessary, leave out the fact that it's government endorsed discrimination of a protected class.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-29 15:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

protected class
There shouldn't be a 'protected class' this isn't the caste system.
By Zackan 2015-03-29 15:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

not obama^^

A little of both, honestly. I don't like him pushing executive orders in place of legislation, but congress seems content to let serious issues go unattended and it would be irresponsible for the executive not to take what action they can.

Listen, if they don't want to "participate in the ceremony", that's fine, it's not like couples are asking them to be ushers. Delivering the flowers or cake is part of the job, and if they weren't willing to perform all aspects of that job, they shouldn't have taken any portion of it. It's like a roofer delivering the shingles but refusing to nail them down because he had a religious objection to green shingles. If that's the case, don't take the damn job.

A law that allows them a line-item veto of portions of a job they voluntarily take for "religious reasons" is completely unnecessary, leave out the fact that it's government endorsed discrimination of a protected class.

you are so insistent..

If you run a t-shirt shop that you exclusively print LGBT material ONLY...... If I want a 'burn lesbos at the stake' print on the shirt.. and I HAVE to have it from your shop....
Do you have no right to refuse me?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-29 15:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad example.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-29 15:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

you are so insistent..

If you run a t-shirt shop that you exclusively print LGBT material ONLY...... If I want a 'burn lesbos at the stake' print on the shirt.. and I HAVE to have it from your shop....

Ignoring that being hate speach, that's a pretty bad parallel as you're asking them to do a custom print and there isn't a portion of that service they could "religiously" object to.

You can't turn this one around unless you were trying to claim that a bakery owned by a deeply gay-ligious person would accept business from a straight couple but refuse to attend the service. Which is not only a very poor business idea, it's completely ludicrous. Minority groups are protected under the constitution, that's ironically one of the cornerstones of our republic, the minority is protected from the majority. Virtually every other minority group enjoys the same freedoms and protection except the LGBT community, and even if you drop the T (which a lot of people are attempting to) they still don't enjoy a lot of the liberties the rest of us do. If you're a constitutionalist as you claim, you should be able to step back from your personal beliefs and understand that the freedoms we have MUST be universal and inalienable, because the politicians you support are actively trying to subvert people's freedoms, and limiting any groups freedoms limits us all.
By Zackan 2015-03-29 15:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Bad example.

how so?

Does it not prove the point? They can refuse create a product that is negative to them, but it can not be done the other way around?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-29 15:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad example.

how so?

Does it not prove the point? They can refuse create a product that is negative to them, but it can not be done the other way around?
In order to have a correct example, the shirt would have to have something like "I <3 heterosexual intercourse."

Many T-shirt places, regardless if they're LGBTOQPRSTMN will not print hate speech on shirts.
By Zackan 2015-03-29 15:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

you are so insistent..

Ignoring that being hate speach, that's a pretty bad parallel as you're asking them to do a custom print and there isn't a portion of that service they could "religiously" object to.

You can't turn this one around unless you were trying to claim that a bakery owned by a deeply gay-ligious person would accept business from a straight couple but refuse to attend the service. Which is not only a very poor business idea, it's completely ludicrous. Minority groups are protected under the constitution, that's ironically one of the cornerstones of our republic, the minority is protected from the majority. Virtually every other minority group enjoys the same freedoms and protection except the LGBT community, and even if you drop the T (which a lot of people are attempting to) they still don't enjoy a lot of the liberties the rest of us do. If you're a constitutionalist as you claim, you should be able to step back from your personal beliefs and understand that the freedoms we have MUST be universal and inalienable, because the politicians you support are actively trying to subvert people's freedoms, and limiting any groups freedoms limits us all.

At the cost of the religious minority?

It is so one sided it really is. Everyone claims this is the politicians trying to push discrimination, that is not the case at all.

It is protection that never should have been needed(one would think the first amendment covers this).
They simply are refusing to participate in the ceremony..

If you want to hire band to sing at your wedding.. and they completely hate you.. and you KNOW they hate you... WHY WOULD YOU PUSH TO HAVE THAT BAND COME PERFORM FOR YOU, FORCE THE COURTS TO REQUIRE IT!!! If you know they hate you, then find someone else....
By Zackan 2015-03-29 15:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad example.

how so?

In order to have a correct example, the shirt would have to have something like "I <3 heterosexual intercourse."

Many T-shirt places, regardless if they're LGBTOQPRSTMN will not print hate speech on shirts.

Ok well fine lets use your example, it works just fine.
The T- shirt company I mentioned above will not print anything heterosexual, and for that matter they won't print anything Gay either.. They are Lesbian Exclusive.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-29 15:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

you are so insistent..

It is so one sided it really is. Everyone claims this is the politicians trying to push discrimination, that is not the case at all.

It is protection that never should have been needed(one would think the first amendment covers this).

If you want to hire band to sing at your wedding.. and they completely hate you.. and you KNOW they hate you... WHY WOULD YOU PUSH TO HAVE THAT BAND COME PERFORM FOR YOU, FORCE THE COURTS TO REQUIRE IT!!! If you know they hate you, then find someone else....

Once again, there is no cost to the religious minority by a business not being allowed to legally discriminate against a protected class. If they don't want their businesses to do LGBT weddings, then they just don't take the job, instead of pushing through a law that allows them to offer only a portion of the service they are being paid to provide. I'd honestly like to get the FTC involved in these kinds of cases, since so many people can't see past their own blind hatred.

One of the founding principals of this country is freedom from religious oppression in all it's forms. I'd say this most definitely qualifies.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-29 15:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad example.

how so?

The T- shirt company I mentioned above will not print anything heterosexual, and for that matter they won't print anything Gay either.. They are Lesbian Exclusive.

uh... lesbians are also homosexual and have sex... do you really believe that gay women are somehow outside of this topic?
By Zackan 2015-03-29 15:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad example.

how so?

uh... lesbians are also homosexual and have sex... do you really believe that gay women are somehow outside of this topic?

there you go with homing in on one word.... same old jassik...

My point is to the best of my knowledge, I have not learned the word that separates male Gay People.... If your gay and female, you are called a Lesbian, If you are gay and Male.. you are still called gay..

seriously your technicalities are annoying.. After all, there is a reason its LGBT and not just GBT.. its Lesbian AND Gay,
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-29 15:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

lesbians are also homosexual and have sex
And here I thought that was only performance art.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-29 15:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad example.

how so?

Where can I get a LGBBQ T shirt !
By fonewear 2015-03-29 15:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

lesbians are also homosexual and have sex
And here I thought that was only performance art.

Only if the film is in black and white !
[+]
By Zackan 2015-03-29 15:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

you are so insistent..

Once again, there is no cost to the religious minority by a business not being allowed to legally discriminate against a protected class. If they don't want their businesses to do LGBT weddings, then they just don't take the job, instead of pushing through a law that allows them to offer only a portion of the service they are being paid to provide. I'd honestly like to get the FTC involved in these kinds of cases, since so many people can't see past their own blind hatred.

One of the founding principals of this country is freedom from religious oppression in all it's forms. I'd say this most definitely qualifies.

Again, this is freedom at the cost of another. For all your fights that LGBT should have all these rights... it all comes with people wanting religious views to be villified as an exchange.

This is the basis behind everything I have said. Why is the LGBT community more eligible to these rights than Religious ConservativeS?
By fonewear 2015-03-29 15:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That's it I'm going to start a LGBQT T shirt store !
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-29 16:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, this is freedom at the cost of another. For all your fights that LGBT should have all these rights... it all comes with people wanting religious views to be villified as an exchange.

This is the basis behind everything I have said. Why is the LGBT community more eligible to these rights than Religious ConservativeS?

How EXACTLY does LGBT being able to marry cost you any rights? Moreover, why does the lack of a law sanctioning discrimination cost you any right? Who is trying to vilify religious people when they aren't throwing things at women entering planned parenthood or forming activist groups when a high school accepts an openly gay kid onto their sports team?
By Zackan 2015-03-29 16:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

How EXACTLY does LGBT being able to marry cost you any rights? Moreover, why does the lack of a law sanctioning discrimination cost you any right? Who is trying to vilify religious people when they aren't throwing things at women entering planned parenthood or forming activist groups when a high school accepts an openly gay kid onto their sports team?

Why is a bakery not wanting to bake a cake that actively promotes a Gay Marriage( a guy holding a guy, 'happy wedding 'guy name' and 'guy name') ANY different than a Lesbian exclusive t-shirt company refusing to make t-shirts for 'guy' and 'girl' bachelor party or wedding or something.
By fonewear 2015-03-29 16:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm starting to miss the gay wedding cake problem. It was the biggest threat to humanity since the gay hamburgers oreos etc !
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-29 16:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is a bakery not wanting to bake a cake that actively promotes a Gay Marriage( a guy holding a guy, 'happy wedding 'guy name' and 'guy name') ANY different than a Lesbian exclusive t-shirt company refusing to make t-shirts for 'guy' and 'girl' bachelor party or wedding or something.

Because, t-shirt companies don't necessarily make custom prints and would never refuse to make a t-shirt that actively promotes heterosexual marriage. They just want to live their lives. Why can't you get that into your head, they don't want any special treatment or special rights, they just want you to mind your own business and stop pretending that their being treated as equals harms you in any tangible way and stop trying to pass laws that discriminate against them. You're so adamant about personal freedoms, so long as you get them and nobody else does.
By fonewear 2015-03-29 16:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll have you know my dad worked his *** off in a gay T shirt factory !

Gay T shirts helped me get through college.

My life would be much worse if it wasn't for those gay T shirts.
By fonewear 2015-03-29 16:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The transition from Ted Cruz to gay T shirts is so silky smooth though !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-29 16:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Word round the campfire is that Marco Rubio will be announcing in April. Gotta get them Hispanics !
By Zackan 2015-03-29 16:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Word round the campfire is that Marco Rubio will be announcing in April. Gotta get them Hispanics !

rand paul on april 7
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 61 62 63