Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 172 173 174 ... 201 202 203
By Pantafernando 2017-09-21 20:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Freshly Picked Vana'diel 35 Digest

Hi, there!

To coincide with the September version update, Producer Akihiko Matsui hosted another Freshly Picked Vana'diel to go over some of the new content and discuss other topics pertinent to adventuring. The following is a digest of what was discussed.

Quote:
Hello, everyone. Matsui here.

Thank you for tuning in to Freshly Picked Vana’diel 35.
Once again, we had our broadcast before the version update. Our primary focus was the September version update details, as well as other information.

YouTube Video Placeholder

We’ve put together a digest and an archived video for those of you who were unable to join us for the broadcast, or simply want a recap on all of the information.

Table of Contents

All-Night Offline Event
Version Update
Battle Content: Ambuscade
Escutcheons
15th Vana’versary
Fujito’s /shout

All-Night Offline Event
(00:02:24)
We asked Composer Naoshi Mizuta to create a new song, which will play in a new battle content that is currently under development.

Version Update
(00:15:04)
This segment of the show focused on the major aspects of the September version update.
Battle Content: Ambuscade
(00:15:36)
This segment featured director Fujito challenging the Ambuscade battle content.
This time he went up against wyrms with the theme of "rain, lightning, and storms."
They wield elemental magic pertaining to the theme, as well as wyrm-specific abilities; however, the abilities have been adjusted for Ambuscade. For instance, the duration of Absolute Terror has been shortened.
Ambuscade Adjustments
(00:21:45)
Some adjustments were made to the difficulty of Intense Ambuscade.
In Easy mode, HP has been doubled, and the amount of Hallmarks and Gallantry obtained has also been doubled.
In Normal mode and above, HP and points obtained has been tripled.
As a result, the effects of Abdhaljs Seal have become very useful. Please try it out!

There has been concern from players that longer battle times would only worsen congestion,
but currently only the entrance to the content is congested. Beyond that, the battle rooms still have space. The idea is to fill up the rooms for longer periods of time, and reduce the frequency of players knocking on the entrance.
Escutcheons
(00:24:07)

The final form of Escutcheons are finally being released. Base attributes on these escutcheons include: synthesis skill+, synthesis speed +240, decreases the likelihood of synthesis material loss -5%, increases rate of high-quality item synthesis success +2. Upon using the enchantment, it’ll further grant the following effects on top of the base attributes: decreases likelihood of synthesis material loss -15%, increases rate of high-quality item synthesis success +3, Subskill +10 (Max 70), and an effect that will make it so that you cannot synthesize normal quality items. This means that if high quality is not possible, it will be considered a failure, similar to how a stubborn craftsman might destroy an imperfect work out of frustration.

Here, we also offered two pieces of information which may be valuable to crafters of Vana’diel.
The first is regarding high quality crystals.

High quality crystals are often used to sign your name onto crafted items; however, they also have the hidden effect. They can decrease the rate of synthesis materials being lost from failure as well.

The other is regarding the synthesis success rate cap.
The synthesis success rate cap is 95%, but with equipment and food which increases the success rate of sysnthesis the success rate can be raised to 99%. We may have overdone it a little...
The forumula for the attribute "Increases the rate of high-quality item synthesis success"
(00:36:54)
We have changed the formula used to calculate the attribute which increases the success rate of high-quality item synthesis. With this adjustment, the overall success rate to synthesize a high quality item has been increased. You may have noticed that we had in-game food items called Rusk which didn't display any food effects. The reason why it didn’t display the effects for these items was because we first wanted to make this adjustment.

15th Vana’versary
(00:39:54)
The One I Can Trust Campaign
(00:40:06)

We have selected "Cornelia" to travel alongside you in your adventures!

Two characters were particularly popular, and the management and development teams held many heated discussions regarding choosing between Cornelia and Lady Lilith.

Cornelia usually equips a cape, but if we were to implement the Trust as-is, it would take up a lot of resources, so she will be implemented without a cape.

Cornelia is a supportive alter ego who grants the player calling her forth the following benefits:

Haste+ / Accuracy+ / Range Accuracy+ / Magic Accuracy+

The value of these effects will vary based on the callers level, but at maximum it'll be +20% Haste and +30 Accuracy / Range Accuracy / Magic Accuracy.

Furthermore, Cornelia stands out among your other Trusts so we believe you can look forward to bringing her along on various adventures with you.

Further details can be found here.
15th Vana’versary Records of Eminence Objectives Part Two
(00:44:45)

The overarching theme for the 15th Vana'versary Record of Eminence Objectives is nostalgia. This time around we put our focus on Mhaura and Selbina. For example, you’ll see objective such as these:
Selbinary
Receive magicked skulls as spoils the requisite number of times.
Crustacean Infusion
Perform fusion skillchains on crabs the requisite number of times. 
No Time to Be Sheepish
Vanquish (something) in La Theine Plateau or (something) Rex in Konschtat Highlands the requisite number of times.
For this one, we implemented a Notorious Monster specifically for the Record of Eminence. And since it’s a Notorious Monster, there has to be loot! Therefore, we made it so they drop a specific item as well.

Fujito's /shout
(01:04:21)
September 2017 Login Campaign
Point distribution period: Until Wednesday, October 4 at 7:00 a.m.
Point exchange period: Until Monday, October 9 at 7:00 a.m.

This time we are implementing the ♪Hippogryph mount!
Good Omens Campaign
The event will be held until September 30, 23:59 (JST).

This time we will be implementing 10 campaigns!
Additionally, in order to have plenty of ideas for November’s campaigns, we asked what campaigns players would like to see during the show.
The Capacity Point Campaign, Macrocosmic Orb Campaign, Domain Invasion Treasure Coffer Campaign, and a few others were prominent answers, so we would like to plan with those in mind.

The next Freshly Picked Vana'diel is scheduled for November.
We hope to bring you lots of fresh content next time as well, so please look forward to it!

Until then, see you!
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-09-22 13:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We asked Composer Naoshi Mizuta to create a new song, which will play in a new battle content that is currently under development.

Is this the "rumored" new battle content that's supposed to come out in the November update?
By clearlyamule 2017-09-22 13:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Quote:

Is this the "rumored" new battle content that's supposed to come out in the November update?
It's not rumored they said it. And unless they have a 2nd new battle content planned then yes that's what they are saying
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-09-22 15:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Quote:

It's not rumored they said it. And unless they have a 2nd new battle content planned then yes that's what they are saying

Hey, when it comes to SE I always take everything with a grain of salt. And I guess I should have worded my post a little better, I meant "rumored" as in it's "rumored" to be coming in the November update.
By clearlyamule 2017-09-22 15:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Quote:

Hey, when it comes to SE I always take everything with a grain of salt. And I guess I should have worded my post a little better, I meant "rumored" as in it's "rumored" to be coming in the November update.
Tentatively planned maybe? iirc it was already supposed to happen original wasn't it? Idk I got tired of holding them to time tables pretty much after the first time they released a year long road map that they failed horribly to keep up with and pretty sure to this day just abandoned some things. It will come when it comes... maybe... probably. Or we might just get a new mount riding BGM
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-09-22 16:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Originally I think they said it was planned for September.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-09-22 21:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't remember them actually giving a date for it... they did mention in the offline event that they were trying to get it out within the FISCAL year, which goes until the end of march, lol.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-09-22 22:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

They never gave a date for the new battle content. The wording with the Mnk buff (lol) a few month ago seem to imply it would happen in the update after that, but it didn't happen.

Since we haven't had a roadmap for a very long time, it'll come when it comes.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-27 03:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh boy, Qutrub Ambuscade, brace for Screenshots.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-09-27 05:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
They never gave a date for the new battle content.

They said it might take till next year.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-09-27 14:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

I'll take it over tattoo pictures with fuzzy man nipples any day.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-09-27 14:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks disappointing asf...

I cant wait!!!!
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2017-09-27 14:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

I cant wait!!!!

But if it isn't disappointing, what will you and I complain about next month?
[+]
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2017-09-27 14:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Said by the guy with the max gil avatar pic.
[+]
 Asura.Umopepisdn
By Asura.Umopepisdn 2017-09-27 14:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

I cant wait!!!!

The version update Vana'diel deserves.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-27 16:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

I'll take it over tattoo pictures with fuzzy man nipples any day.
Hey what's wrong with mah furry nipples! xD
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-09-27 16:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tydis said: »
Mandatory
By Pantafernando 2017-09-27 17:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Announcing the Next Version Update (09/27/2017)

The next version update is scheduled for mid-October.

Next month's featured item is a cipher of Ark Angel HM, meaning that the five Ark Angel alter egos are together at last!

Other updates include the monthly revisions to Ambuscade, additional weapon skill help text stating which weapon skills have which skillchain attributes, and more!
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-09-27 18:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So new ambush refresh, more help text on WS, new Trust, and something else, probably a new mount, some surprise minor job adjustment.

I'm fine with this. Got a lot to play in October.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-27 23:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/53206-NA-PlayOnline-and-Related-Services-Maintenance-%28Oct.-4%29

Quote:
[NA] PlayOnline and Related Services Maintenance (Oct. 4)
In order to replace/increase the backbone network equipment connecting our various service-providing servers, we will be conducting maintenance of FINAL FANTASY XI, the PlayOnline official website (www.playonline.com), the FINAL FANTASY XI Official Forums, the SQUARE Support Center, and various support features.

Scheduled maintenance times and services affected are as follows.

■PlayOnline, FINAL FANTASY XI, and the PlayOnline Official Website
During this maintenance, the following services will be unavailable.

- PlayOnline
- FINAL FANTASY XI
- The PlayOnline Official Website (www.playonline.com)
- Friendlist Plus
- Migrating from PlayOnline Account to Square Enix Account

* The FINAL FANTASY XI World Transfer Service will be unavailable starting 30 minutes before the maintenance.

[Date & Time]
Oct. 4, 2017 5:30 to 18:00 (PDT)

Asura.Tydis said: »
Don't be jealous, it's unattractive
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-27 23:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly flew over your head, but they were pointing out that your screenshot is every bit as tired and uninspiring as ambuscade ones.

Even the biggest of casuals can hit 999m these days.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-09-27 23:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I could hit 999m. Every time I get a tenth of that, it quickly gets spent.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2017-09-27 23:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope to never hit max gil.
It would most likely mean gil became even more worthless, and I now need max gil just to buy some extremely rare gear.
By Draylo 2017-09-27 23:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Clearly flew over your head, but they were pointing out that your screenshot is every bit as tired and uninspiring as ambuscade ones.

Even the biggest of casuals can hit 999m these days.

Bit of an exaggeration there lol, I don't see the harm in the screenshot though.

If they are going to introduce decent fights they should just make them V1's instead, who cares about V2.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Viking
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gaugen
By Ragnarok.Viking 2017-09-28 00:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear Matsui

Think I'll file for a divorce soon

With news that stage 4 shield requiering 128k spirit...
This translates into 1500+ hours of farming....
Basicly 3 hours a day for a year...
I have 8 crafts...

Soon.

Unless something change...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-28 00:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Viking said: »
Dear Matsui

Think I'll file for a divorce soon

With news that stage 4 shield requiering 128k spirit...
This translates into 1500+ hours of farming....
Basicly 3 hours a day for a year...
I have 8 crafts...

Soon.

Unless something change...

It's far to late in this games lifespan to add a grind like the one they did lol.

You're looking at something like 600 hours of just pure crafting that's not even counting the farming, the terrible drop rates, the fact that they're rare items, the slow repops.

It's what, ~20,000 desynths, and then ~20,000 synths +cutscene of skillchain at the thing?

It's what amounts to literal impossibility. I genuinely feel bad for anyone that makes those shields.

Zero intention of ever even pretending to be interested in these shields. Even if the entire thing could be automated it'd still be obscenely ridiculous.

Reminds me of when they announced job points and everyone lost their ***, and started botting leading to so many bans.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-09-28 01:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The final stage seems almost pointless to me. You could get one of every HQ SU3 easier than the final stage shield.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2017-09-28 17:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The September 2017 Login Campaign Point Distribution Period Updated.

Greetings,

We have updated the point distribution period for the September 2017 Login Campaign in light of scheduled maintenance.

The distribution period will now end on Wednesday, October 4 at 5:30 a.m.
The Login Campaign page and the news post has been updated as well.

We thank you for your understanding and support.
By Pantafernando 2017-09-28 17:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The Autumn Bounty Campaign (09/28/2017)

The following campaigns will be held starting on Wednesday, October 11 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT)

Campaign period: Wednesday, October 11 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Tuesday, October 31 at 7:59 a.m.

Abyssea Campaign
Adoulin Dial Campaign
Incursion Campaign
Skirmish Frenzy Campaign - PLUS!
High-Tier Mission Battlefield Campaign
Dark Matter Arcane Glyptics Campaign
Combat and Magic Skill Increase Campaign

Read on for details.
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/15809/detail.html
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2017-09-28 17:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Those campaigns seem pretty lacklustre, normally they have at least one that affects a current endgame event, October has nothing. Spam HTB for beitetsu, boulders and plutons I guess.
First Page 2 3 ... 172 173 174 ... 201 202 203