Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 137 138 139 ... 201 202 203
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2017-03-29 16:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

They can have some sweet +4 Enmity -4 Enmity.
By Pantafernando 2017-03-29 16:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hello!

As you're no doubt aware, the dragoon will receive the following when their wyvern has reached its maximum level:
Attack+20% / Defense+20% / Haste+10%
In addition, the Gift effect will also apply "Double Attack +10%."

With that said, the buffs that are granted by the wyvern are balanced around the recast time of Call Wyvern and the difficulty around keeping your wyvern at your side.
By Pantafernando 2017-03-29 16:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Regarding the Pillager's Culottes +2 Item Help Text
Hello, everyone.

I wanted to alert you all to an issue with the help text on Pillager's Culottes +2.
When upgrading the Pillager's Culottes to its +2 version, the "Critical hit damage +4%" was downgraded to "Critical hit damage +3%". However, rest assured this is just an issue with the text, and the actual stat gained is still "Critical hit damage +4%".

We're planning to fix this item's help text in the next version update.

We apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your patience just a bit longer.
By Pantafernando 2017-03-29 16:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hello, everyone!

In next month's Ambuscade, players will be able to obtain the Ambuscade +1 armor vouchers from the total hallmarks category!

We hope this will help you in your future endeavors!
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-03-29 17:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
At least, in that case, we know what they meant.

On the flip side, imagine if we *could* augment Reisenjima NMs with dark matter... I, personally, would love to swap out the boosted stats the NMs currently have with CHR, Pet Acc/Attk and Enmity -3. Or my personal favorite, that I really did receive from Oseem on the melee path for Herc Body... Str 7, R.Acc 38, R.Attk 34, Ta 4
My favorite is Odyssean Legs with ATK +1, RATK +1, Enmity +3, Enmity -3.
By clearlyamule 2017-03-29 17:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
My favorite is Odyssean Legs with ATK +1, RATK +1, Enmity +3, Enmity -3.

[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-03-29 19:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hello!

As you're no doubt aware, the dragoon will receive the following when their wyvern has reached its maximum level:

With that said, the buffs that are granted by the wyvern are balanced around the recast time of Call Wyvern and the difficulty around keeping your wyvern at your side.

You'd be amazed how many people do not know this.

Glad it's been put on the OF for all to see.
By clearlyamule 2017-03-29 21:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Hello!

You'd be amazed how many people do not know this.

Glad it's been put on the OF for all to see.
Doubt that's going to help. Pretty sure they put in the update notes when they did it and even dev notes before when planning
By fillerbunny9 2017-03-29 21:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hello!

garbage. keeping the wyvern alive is far from the issue, instead it is keeping the player alive/not getting wiped to some BS. between Spirit Link and Steady Wing, there's VERY few reasons that the thing should be dying. just make it so that if the player dies and the wyvern doesn't (the fly off animation where it disappears occurs) Call Wyvern is reset. problem solved.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-03-29 23:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hello, everyone!

In next month's Ambuscade, players will be able to obtain the Ambuscade +1 armor vouchers from the total hallmarks category!

We hope this will help you in your future endeavors!

They have this now....
 Valefor.Susake
Server: Valefor
user: Soundwave
By Valefor.Susake 2017-03-30 13:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
Quote:
Hello!

garbage. keeping the wyvern alive is far from the issue, instead it is keeping the player alive/not getting wiped to some BS. between Spirit Link and Steady Wing, there's VERY few reasons that the thing should be dying. just make it so that if the player dies and the wyvern doesn't (the fly off animation where it disappears occurs) Call Wyvern is reset. problem solved.

Also the wyvern losing its level between fights in Escha/Reisenjima is stupid, in general they're shorter than Spirit Link's recast.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-03-30 13:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

That's also a huge pet peeve of mine for UNM fights... At least they don't wipe AM3 anymore, though.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Server: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-03-30 13:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Susake said: »
Also the wyvern losing its level between fights in Escha/Reisenjima is stupid, in general they're shorter than Spirit Link's recast.

Is this a thing? I wasn't aware. I thought using it once you zone in means you're good to go. For everything I've used DRG for in Escha/Reisen it hasn't been a problem yet, but it's good to know. Do we have the same issue on floor up in Omen? I always re-use as soon as I enter Omen but haven't considered when/if I need to use on floor up. (Have +3 legs already so I guess moot point as DRG is done in Omen, but still curious.)
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-03-30 13:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think floor changes in omen cause any issues, but it's really easy to test. Assuming 5/5 empathy.

Spirit link when you zone in, then spirit link after floor change. If you get parameter bonus message again, then wyvern level was reset.

The reset likely has something to do with the confrontation status and it's accompanied status/hp restore that occurs when you pop a UNM/Voidwatch/Escha NM. So you'll probably only see it on fights with confrontation status.
 Valefor.Susake
user: Soundwave
By Valefor.Susake 2017-03-30 13:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
Valefor.Susake said: »

Is this a thing? I wasn't aware. I thought using it once you zone in means you're good to go. For everything I've used DRG for in Escha/Reisen it hasn't been a problem yet, but it's good to know. Do we have the same issue on floor up in Omen? I always re-use as soon as I enter Omen but haven't considered when/if I need to use on floor up. (Have +3 legs already so I guess moot point as DRG is done in Omen, but still curious.)

Yes, it's level is reset after each Geas Fate encounter. Haven't taken DRG to omen yet, as you said only one quasi-useful piece. I would guess that once you spirit link upon entry you're good to go, as you aren't entering or leaving level capped status once inside, but who knows.
By Pantafernando 2017-04-03 16:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Greetings everyone,

First let me start by properly introducing myself! My name is Zhexos and I'm with the community team and I've been working behind the scenes for our FFXI community for quite some time! As you can see from my avatar, I'm a Coeurl—a beast well known for their Blaster and Chaotic Eye skills to paralyze and silence players... but don't worry, I wouldn't dream of using them on you all!

With the introductions out of the way, let's move onto the juicy details! While I was chasing around Mandragoras and Tarutarus in Sarutabaruta, the wind carried rumors of a Tarutaru known for her (maniacal?) laugh planning to make her return this May.

In addition to this we're planning to hold the Alter Ego Extravaganza this year again. However, we're thinking it would be better to hold this event at a timing where we would have more returned players in-game, so we're scheduling it to coincide with plans for this event. We should be able to give more details on this soon, so we ask you to hang tight just a bit longer!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-04-03 16:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

wasn't rukiri a coeurl

i cant trust a man who cant choose a unique monster to roleplay as, shouldve been a meeble
[+]
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2017-04-03 16:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So shantotto is coming back soon? Good so people can stop bitching about her.
By clearlyamule 2017-04-03 17:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
So shantotto is coming back soon? Good so people can stop bitching about her.
Psh like that will stop them. Knew a guy that would rage because ls wouldn't carry him thru very easy old content he should have been able to solo with trusts that have been out since he came back. Every time he'd be like those trusts never here or I forgot to get them every single time they were avaialble. Last I remember he super raged when we told him the trusts were currently available and to get off his *** and get them
By Pantafernando 2017-04-07 14:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Greetings,

As others pointed out, you'll be able to reacquire Geomancy Attire and Runeist Attire by speaking to Jumping Rabbit in Yahse Hunting Grounds (K-9) in exchange for Bayld.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-04-07 17:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Less RP'ing as a coeurl, more coeurl mount.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2017-04-19 17:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We passed this idea along to the dev. team as we understand that there is a high demand for this. However, there are no plans to offer a service or item where players would be able to change races at this time.

We appreciate your suggestion and hope you'll continue to offer new ones in the future.
By Pantafernando 2017-04-20 03:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Greetings,

First, I would like to apologize for not sharing this information sooner. When we first made the announcement on the Japanese forums, we saw a large amount of feedback regarding it. Therefore, before moving forward with posting the exact same information, we wanted extra time to confirm that the suggestions made to alleviate the queue times for Ambuscade were just suggestions and not finalized.

That being said, the development team is currently examining every possible measure to alleviate the congestion issue; however, we are not able to make any further adjustments to the system itself.

We presented two possible solutions which may make an impact; however, we felt that these options would be poorly received by players. The first option was to place a time based restriction on challenging Ambuscade, similar to what we currently have for Omen. The second option was to remove the equipment and their upgrade materials from the list of rewards altogether.

Why only these two options?
There were many suggestions from our players, operations team, and the dev. team; however, when considering the options, we needed to make sure it is something that we can accomplish, and something that will make a clear impact to alleviate the situation. As a result of considering various options, the two suggestions we made above met these conditions.

We felt both of these options aren't viable for players, and as we can see here on this thread, there are far more comments against such changes. Therefore, we will not move forward with these measures. We will continue to look for other possible solutions; however, please note that the final decision we make may not be the outcome everyone can agree on.

Again, I apologize again for not bringing up this matter sooner, but we wanted to confirm these points before posting. We ask everyone to continue leaving feedback and possible suggestions, so we can relay them to the dev. team investigate.

Also, to give you all a better understanding to the situation, here are some common questions we've seen thus far.

If you were to place a time based restriction on entry, do you have plans to ease the materials used for other content obtained from Ambuscade?
We have no plans to make adjustments to other corresponding battle content. For example, we have already made adjustments to the effect of cells for Voidwatch, adjusted the price of the Phase Displacer, removed the restriction on how many can be purchased, and adjusted how many can be purchased at one time. For this reason, we believe the difficulty has been eased. With this adjustment, the difficulty to create Empyrean weapons have also been lower than what we originally assumed. Therefore, we do not have any plans to consider any further adjustments to ease these, as they may lose their purpose entirely.

Would increasing the number of NPCs used to enter resolve this issue?
This adjustment would be only be a visual one, and would not change the number of players that can enter the content on the system end. Instead, by having more NPCs available, we worry that more players will talk to these other NPCs at the same time, causing the queue times to be longer than it is now. At the very least, this would not change the current situation.

In addition to this, we are not able to increase the amount of players that can enter at once on the system end. This goes without saying that we do require additional resources and staff to do this, but furthermore, the major factor for this content relies on the base foundation of the system. Please note that any type of system-side adjustments to reduce queue times is near impossible.

Isn't it possible to lower the amount points needed to obtain items?
The attributes set on these items were set based on the difficulty and effort required to obtain them. For this reason, we have no plans to adjust this; however, we are able to take another approach, such as adding other ways to obtain items like Abdhaljs Seals. While it does not directly affect the point requirement, it does have the same effect as lowering the points. It is a very subtle change, but we believe we can expand a bit more into making these type of changes.
By FaeQueenCory 2017-04-20 08:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The attributes set on these items were set based on the difficulty and effort required to obtain them. For this reason, we have no plans to adjust this; however, we are able to take another approach, such as adding other ways to obtain items like Abdhaljs Seals. While it does not directly affect the point requirement, it does have the same effect as lowering the points. It is a very subtle change, but we believe we can expand a bit more into making these type of changes.
I approve of this path.

Though I think they are overvaluing the dyes and metals.
The reason this month's Ambuscade has stayed so crowded so long is because they basically tripled the demand of the monthly total Hallmarks.

Before, should a person want to augment three capes fully (excluding dyes cause that's a whole extra thing, almost like +1ing the cape), a person would just need the 14,500 points that would get them the whole +1 set to boot. (technically only 13,500. 1500 to buy the three capes; 12,000 to buy the hallmark augment items which also gives you the 6k for the third set for the third cape.)

Now you need ~32,000.
20,000 to +2 two items. (that takes all 10k Gallantry, but covers the Hallmark augment items and all three capes.)
Then another ~12k just to get 6k Gallantry for a third cape.

And as these capes exceed everything else in the back slot... It's no wonder more people are staying longer in Ambuscade this month.
As by SE's metric released a while ago, most people stopped at the 14.5k or 20k mark.

They could also make use of Total Gallantry (they already have the metric in game) for stuff like the second set of dyes and metals.
But so long as they make seals from something like a daily completion (they should change the monthly vol1 to a daily and add one for vol2)... or even login points (for like 300, NOT 1500)...
Congestion will infinitely drop. (With the exception of the first and last weeks in the month.)
But if they go full stupid... (putting them in the dye/metal slots of Total rewards) Then they'll just be making it more congested.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-04-20 08:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, that entire statement amounts to "we only talk Japanese players feedback seriously". They also can only think of doing nerfs to the content that would just make us hate it more instead of fixing the core issue, mass number of solo players clogging up the queues. The only sane approach is to either require three member party to enter, or to duplicate the legion zone into a new zone and dedicate that one explicitly for solo players with it's own queue. They could attempt to ease the problem by creating more battlefields inside the legion zone, but it would just get filled up by more soloists.
[+]
By geigei 2017-04-20 09:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

JP ONRY!
By Chyula 2017-04-20 09:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why the jap are complaining about congestion, there is only a small line during their prime time.
By clearlyamule 2017-04-20 10:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
I don't know why the jap are complaining about congestion, there is only a small line during their prime time.
Depends on server. Only time I see congestion on Shiva is during jp times
By clearlyamule 2017-04-20 10:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »

Before, should a person want to augment three capes fully (excluding dyes cause that's a whole extra thing, almost like +1ing the cape), a person would just need the 14,500 points that would get them the whole +1 set to boot. (technically only 13,500. 1500 to buy the three capes; 12,000 to buy the hallmark augment items which also gives you the 6k for the third set for the third cape.)

Now you need ~32,000.
20,000 to +2 two items. (that takes all 10k Gallantry, but covers the Hallmark augment items and all three capes.)
Then another ~12k just to get 6k Gallantry for a third cape.
Really kind of depends on difficulty number of people. Some are basically 1/2 of hallmarks is gallantry a couple are more a couple are less. Like intense VD is 1200/500 so getting 16k gallantry would net you 38,400.

And then there is everyone who rolls with less than a full pt. Like imagine some of those returning players who can only get say 2 friends together to do VD normal? Forget 16k gallantry just getting the 10k for metals would require farming till they had 50k hallmarks.

Putting such a high price on the gallantry ones and putting the majority on them kind of screwed everyone but really screwed the people not rolling with full pts all the time
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-04-20 12:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Putting such a high price on the gallantry ones and putting the majority on them kind of screwed everyone but really screwed the people not rolling with full pts all the time

That was the entire point of gallantry, to incentivize people to join parties instead of soloing everything. Right now 70~80% of ambuscade slots are taken up by soloists which creates a huge bottleneck. During prime time you'll see 2~3 parties of 6 and then 6~8 soloists in the zone, each soloist is taking up a battlefield slot the same as a full party of 6. Furthermore because the gains for soloing on Difficult / Normal #2 are so pitiful compared to VD #2 or Difficult #1 those soloists spend even more time occupying an entire battlefield.

SE needs to make a legion zone entirely for soloists and give them their own queue then let parties of three or more do the other zone. By separating the groups you enable the party's to continue doing their thing while the soloists do theirs without each play-style stepping on each others toes. If that can't be done then it must be made for parties of three or greater, which would force the soloists to at least team up. Or as a last resort, completely remove the ability to call trusts inside ambuscade, would instantly stop all the nonsense.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 137 138 139 ... 201 202 203