First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-03-06 17:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Hahaha, thank you for confirming your innate biases. And from that spawns your prejudice.

Dressing poorly? Elaborate.
Walking like you own the city? Elaborate.
Disdain for policemen? Oh, you mean those guys proven to escalate force when you're black cause your black?

As if white people don't 'dress poorly', 'walk like they own the city' (ha, yuppies) and show equal disdain when they're pulled over at the local traffic stop. All you've proven is that you have the same caricature of black people that so many more do in America and rest upon it for your flawed conclusions.
I posed a hypothesis, you're the one blindly assuming racism. When black businessmen are pulled over at the same rate as white thugs, you can pretend race is the primary factor in choice of target.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-06 17:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Kei Nagase said: »
W
T
F
lmao.
By fonewear 2015-03-06 17:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Page 9 something something Obama something something Eric Holder something something Ferguson !
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-03-06 17:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I've never been to Canada but I"m assuming you are overwhelmed by black people !

Have you ever met the black guy in Utah? He's pretty cool.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-06 17:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Hahaha, thank you for confirming your innate biases. And from that spawns your prejudice.

Dressing poorly? Elaborate.
Walking like you own the city? Elaborate.
Disdain for policemen? Oh, you mean those guys proven to escalate force when you're black cause your black?

As if white people don't 'dress poorly', 'walk like they own the city' (ha, yuppies) and show equal disdain when they're pulled over at the local traffic stop. All you've proven is that you have the same caricature of black people that so many more do in America and rest upon it for your flawed conclusions.
I posed a hypothesis, you're the one blindly assuming racism. When black businessmen are pulled over at the same rate as white thugs, you can pretend race is the primary factor in choice of target.

Primary factor? Eh, that might be pushing it. But it's completely naive to believe that being a black teen doesn't solicit more attention from police than being a white one with all other things being equal.
By palladin9479 2015-03-06 18:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
But it's completely naive to believe that being a black teen doesn't solicit more attention from police than being a white one with all other things being equal.

Why would that be?

Seriously this is what I'm talking about here, you and other SJW's have already presumed the existence of prejudice regardless. In your view all lighter colored skin people have prejudice built in and thus need you to compensate for it somehow. It's a bizarre illogical worldview you possess and one of the reasons I don't seriously the opinion of anyone espousing it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-03-06 18:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Primary factor? Eh, that might be pushing it. But it's completely naive to believe that being a black teen doesn't solicit more attention from police than being a white one with all other things being equal.
Statistically, blacks are stopped with higher frequency than whites, but have a lower conviction rate. One conclusion is that officers are racist, sure. However, is it prudent to stop there?

To fairly examine this problem, you need to consider all potential variables. When we look at reasoning for stop and frisk, strange movements and baggy clothes that could be concealing weapons seem to be frequently cited. Given stop-and-frisk enforcement is concentrated in high-crime areas, you would need to compare the frequency of black men wearing baggy clothes or making strange movements in high crime areas as compared to whites. This is data that's nonexistant, that level of detail just plain isn't there in any sort of report/study.

You jump to racism because you want to see racism, simplifying it to population numbers or conviction rate implies that behavior is uniform across the population.
 Asura.Aldrai
Server: Asura
user: Aldrai
By Asura.Aldrai 2015-03-06 18:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT:
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-03-06 18:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

but have a lower conviction rate
Wut?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-03-06 19:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure stop and frisks have less convicted blacks/stopped blacks than convicted whites/stopped whites
 Shiva.Afliction
user: Freazer
By Shiva.Afliction 2015-03-06 19:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-03-06 19:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

stop and frisk

[+]
 Fenrir.Celdwn
Server: Fenrir
user: celdwn
By Fenrir.Celdwn 2015-03-06 19:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Does this look like spit?
By fonewear 2015-03-06 19:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is my fetish !
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-03-06 20:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure stop and frisks have less convicted blacks/stopped blacks than convicted whites/stopped whites
Oh, you want to latch onto that specifically.

Pity, the New York Attorney General's report on stop-and-frisk doesn't say that remotely. Hugely more black people were stopped and convicted. The only place where black folk were slightly ahead of white folk was in terms of dismissals. Note that the data provided by the NYAG is with regards to misdemeanor marijuana possession trials, which was one of the most common charges.
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-03-07 00:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I never could understand racism. I firstly view all people equally as scum. You have to earn your way to my respect.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-07 00:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

palladin9479 said: »
Quote:
But it's completely naive to believe that being a black teen doesn't solicit more attention from police than being a white one with all other things being equal.

Why would that be?

Seriously this is what I'm talking about here, you and other SJW's have already presumed the existence of prejudice regardless. In your view all lighter colored skin people have prejudice built in and thus need you to compensate for it somehow. It's a bizarre illogical worldview you possess and one of the reasons I don't seriously the opinion of anyone espousing it.

Call it whatever you want, police make contact with black teens more often than white teens. There aren't more black people, so they are most definitely giving more attention to them for whatever reason. Notice I didn't say they were racist? I don't necessarily think they are, it's just a product of their focus on minor drug crimes and the archetypes we assign to people who dress or act differently.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-07 07:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Pity, the New York Attorney General's report on stop-and-frisk doesn't say that remotely. Hugely more black people were stopped and convicted. The only place where black folk were slightly ahead of white folk was in terms of dismissals. Note that the data provided by the NYAG is with regards to misdemeanor marijuana possession trials, which was one of the most common charges.
I hate to do this to you both, but....

Best way to stop an argument...
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-07 07:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to be at least this white to participate on this discussion *points at a spot on the colour chart*

If you've been to the beach recently please wait a couple of weeks and return to us when you're back to your original whiteness. Thanks.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-03-07 08:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure we were saying the same thing, and he interpreted / as and instead of as a fraction
By fonewear 2015-03-07 08:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
I hate to do this to you both, but....

Best way to stop an argument...
I'll see your

And raise you a:

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-07 08:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure we were saying the same thing, and he interpreted / as and instead of as a fraction
You two only agreed on one point:

The number of dismissals.

The other two points (number of Stop/Frisk, and the number of convictions), you both strongly disagree about.

Want to prove the other wrong? Bring in a source for your argument.

This forum is the Thunderdome of sources. Two sources enter, one source leaves!
By fonewear 2015-03-07 08:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of racism:

Protesters of Ferguson was it worth burning down all the stores and flipping cars ?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-07 08:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

This forum is the Thunderdome of sources. Two sources enter, one source leaves!
Let's rumble!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-07 08:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll see your racism and raise you sexism with a side of gay marriage !
By fonewear 2015-03-07 08:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

We should develop a card game based on "isms" racism sexism feminism etc.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-07 08:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
We should develop a card game based on "isms" racism sexism feminism etc.
FFXIAH P&R Card game.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-07 08:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

We need a mission: We've been tasked to steal the Constitution to find a hidden treasure ! (There are no movies about that I don't think...)

Take it to Ferugson flip over three cars and drink a six pack all before the full moon in April !
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10