White History Month
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-06 09:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but same poor white guy will get a lot less help changing his than his bronzed counterpart
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-06 09:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Maybe it's not time he lacks but ambition also even if he did get ambitious he would likely be distracted by a thread here and forget everything

Just plagiarize everything off FFXIAH or if that fails pull a Lordgrim and halfway through the papers segue into a long-winded speech about Andrew Jackson, banks, Jesus and destroying the two party system.

Throw the prof for such a loop he/she has no choice but to pass you.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-06 09:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You would get at least a B plus for a a long winded speech about Andrew Jackson.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-06 09:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Frederick Douglass or gtfo !
By fonewear 2015-03-06 09:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What about Henry David Thoreau !
By Ramyrez 2015-03-06 09:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Bigoted thoughts and institutionalized racism are being conflated. One affects everyone and another affects largely brown people.

The oft cited poor white guy is still valued as more a man than his poor brown counterpart by the institutions. That is at the crux of what I talk about.

Again, I understand this.

But alienating people by telling them their experiences aren't valid is a hell of a way to try to gain support.

What I'm saying is, run with that. You can say, "yes, you experienced that, and it was shitty, wasn't it? Now imagine life like that."

Truth be told there's some truth in what Sav says, but his extrapolations are all out of whack, as they normally are.

Racism today is as much a function of socioeconomic issues as much as actual race.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-03-06 09:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-06 09:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leave it to Nausi to ruin a thread where everyone was more or less on the same page.
By Ramyrez 2015-03-06 09:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Leave it to Nausi to ruin a thread where everyone was more or less on the same page.

Luckily his image didn't load for me.
By fonewear 2015-03-06 09:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The thread was ruined long before page 7 !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-06 09:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The thread was ruined on page 1 on the first post.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-06 09:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I think by discussing whatever it is this thread is about we can solve racism by page 9.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-06 09:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Bigoted thoughts and institutionalized racism are being conflated. One affects everyone and another affects largely brown people.

The oft cited poor white guy is still valued as more a man than his poor brown counterpart by the institutions. That is at the crux of what I talk about.

Again, I understand this.

But alienating people by telling them their experiences aren't valid is a hell of a way to try to gain support.

What I'm saying is, run with that. You can say, "yes, you experienced that, and it was shitty, wasn't it? Now imagine life like that."

Truth be told there's some truth in what Sav says, but his extrapolations are all out of whack, as they normally are.

Racism today is as much a function of socioeconomic issues as much
as actual race.

In an actual discussion I'd never tell someone they 'don't matter'.

From experience however, whenever someone white goes down the road of 'i was made fun of by black people' as a means to counter racism against brown people and equate it as all the same, I see it as disingenuous and missing the point of what institutionalized racism is.
By Ramyrez 2015-03-06 09:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

From experience however, whenever someone white goes down the road of 'i was made fun of by black people' as a means to counter racism and equate it as all the same, I see it as disingenuous and missing the point of what institutionalized racism is.

While I generally disagree with you, as so-called "reverse racism" (damn I hate that phrase) does exist and can be quite detrimental in its own right, leading to lifetimes of negative mindsets over a few isolated instances...in this case, given the source, I see your point. Then again, it's quite possible it's part of what made Saev the jerk he is, sooooo....
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-03-06 09:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do we need a month
when every day is white history day?

Just saying..
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-06 09:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoy racial humor too much to ever want an end to racism but then again i'm a *** weirdo lol
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-03-06 09:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Why do we need a month
when every day is white history day?

Just saying..

Frankly as history is so rarely reported accurately anyhow, regardless of whose history it is, the last things racists should want is a "white history month".

Then they might have to discuss uncomfortable truths.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-06 09:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I generally tend to agree with you
While I generally disagree with you
Hehehe.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-06 09:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

From experience however, whenever someone white goes down the road of 'i was made fun of by black people' as a means to counter racism and equate it as all the same, I see it as disingenuous and missing the point of what institutionalized racism is.

While I generally disagree with you, as so-called "reverse racism" (damn I hate that phrase) does exist and can be quite detrimental in its own right, leading to lifetimes of negative mindsets over a few isolated instances...in this case, given the source, I see your point. Then again, it's quite possible it's part of what made Saev the jerk he is, sooooo....

Never said it didn't exist. I've seen enough racist religious blacks in my lifetime. However by and large they don't hold much power. Same goes for most racist brown people. Also they're being fed by the animosity heaped upon them.

Whites dominate institutions and make policy based on their ideas. The pervasive one is that brown people are less than simply based on skin color and what a wonder that self-fulfilling prophecy has done for Americans in the legal system.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-06 09:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol the avatar fits your mischief so well
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-03-06 09:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I generally tend to agree with you
While I generally disagree with you
Hehehe.

One was about his opinion on things as a whole.

The latter was on that specific topic.

But still, amusing. :x
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-03-06 09:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The pervasive one is that brown people are less than simply based on skin color and what a wonder that self-fulfilling prophecy has done for Americans in the legal system.

Well, that's where the socioeconomic stuff comes into play, as we've discussed before around the site...urban-dwelling impoverished non-whites generally get the short end of the stick and have gotten it over a span of many generations. At this point "institutional racism" is just another tool for rich *** to keep a portion of the population from threatening their own wealth.

The same way that they use their social/religious "convictions" and "dirty commie" fear-mongering language to garner votes from poor conservative white folks.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-06 09:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I think by discussing whatever it is this thread is about we can solve racism by page 9.

Recruit a group of teenagers from every race, give them magic rings, summon Captain Equality to defeat racists and bigots.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-03-06 09:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Recruit a group of teenagers from every race, give them magic rings, summon Captain Equality to defeat racists and bigots.

This sounds remarkably similar to Captain Planet, with social justice replacing enviromentalism.

...just make sure I get to sit next to the Russian girl, okay?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-06 09:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The pervasive one is that brown people are less than simply based on skin color and what a wonder that self-fulfilling prophecy has done for Americans in the legal system.

Well, that's where the socioeconomic stuff comes into play, as we've discussed before around the site...urban-dwelling impoverished non-whites generally get the short end of the stick and have gotten it over a span of many generations. At this point "institutional racism" is just another tool for rich *** to keep a portion of the population from threatening their own wealth.

It's multi-faceted stuff. Blacks/Hispanics are overpatrolled by police, subject to excessive force and harsh treatment that creates criminal records that prevents employment which leads to incarceration, systemic dependence and a cycle perpetuated by the system itself.

As the old saying goes, if you're black just submit yourself completely to the police. You cannot win.

Many older whites are simply discarded by society, deemed failures by their more wealthy kin. But, they do still have being white on their side going into a job interview, dealing with police and receiving benefits. Blacks and Hispanics are accused of being welfare leeches but who collects more welfare than any other group? Yeah.

Also, Asians in America don't exist. They have no voice or are reduced to objects of either complete emasculation or toys to be played with by middle class white dudes looking to get their rocks off.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-06 09:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This sounds remarkably similar to Captain Planet, with social justice replacing enviromentalism.

...just make sure I get to sit next to the Russian girl, okay?

Where is Ted Turner when I need him...
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-03-06 11:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Remaking movie classics in his own image...
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-06 11:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Bloodrose 2015-03-06 11:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez is Wheeler, an over-confident, cocky, know it all American who wants to be seen as cool by the hot foreign girl with blond hair and blue eyes.

Also, the only Ginger that didn't get beaten as a step child.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-06 11:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder
fixed

Also, wtf.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10