Link | Quote | Reply

What about a human bean ?
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-03-06 08:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

racism will continue to exist as long as there is a reaction to it. It seems like people are trying to be different for the sake of being different and because no one can say its weird because that would be racism.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-06 08:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand being racist why would anyone ever limit themselves on who they hate ? Lost potential...
[+]
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2015-03-06 08:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

just dropping off my 2 cents, what would have been BETTER for that shopkeep to do, would be say like "Celebrate HUMAN History Month" and have it be like that.

Cause saying that you think basically around the lines of "People shouldn't be exclusionary" and then basically do the EXACT same thing you are complaining about.... best case scenario is makes you seem like a jerk/rabblerouser
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-06 08:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If only we, as humanity, had the strength to hate each other more, we wouldn't have problems of overpopulation anymore!

*distributes fliers*
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-06 08:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm all for there being 6 or 7 billion less people on this earth lol
By Ramyrez 2015-03-06 08:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
I don't understand being racist why would anyone ever limit themselves on who they hate ? Lost potential...

Right? There are so many wonderful reasons to hate people.

Skin color isn't really one of them.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-06 08:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

palladin9479 said: »
Quote:
In the struggle to make everyone 'colorless' we miss out on the opportunity to explore and learn from each group of people who poured sweat/blood into America. We're not all the same and in that there is limitless possibility to become more well rounded people. It has nothing to do with superiority unless you want it to be.

This is only true if your part of the privileged culture, aka anyone non "white". If your from Northern European or even Russian then your not allowed to have a culture but must shut up and respect everyone else's even while they ridicule you. If you dare speak out then your labeled a racist, evil, homophobic, cis-gender, sh!t lord while many of those privileged protected people commenting about how much better then you they are. We need look no further then your own posts to see how far your "You may freely express your opinion, as long as it agrees with our opinion" attitude goes.

Not allowed to have a culture? Yeah, ok. I think I already mentioned in this thread that 'White' history should really be called Western European history because the East is largely ignored. That includes the Slavic bloc. Regardless of that little fact, you're unlikely to be severely discriminated against so long as your skin is white in the larger American construct.

That means traffic stops, escalation of force, how other whites view you, how you're treated in society, bank loans, schools etc etc. The same privilege extends to Hispanics as who are light enough to pass as 'white' which is often why darker Hispanics get ***on or are less valued by family. Sup European colonization/racism still at play.

So someone can play the world's smallest violin for being an inferior 'European' (by European definition) but it doesn't really matter because you're still farther up the totem pole than a Black American, a dark Hispanic or anyone too brown for the norm. We could even throw in some darker Indians or Asians if you want.

As for individual cases of discrimination? That's different from institutionalized racism, which is what I'm talking about here.
By fonewear 2015-03-06 08:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Right? There are so many wonderful reasons to hate people.

Skin color isn't really one of them.

I hate everyone that disagrees with me I'm Hillary Clinton !
By Ramyrez 2015-03-06 08:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
So someone can play the world's smallest violin for being an inferior 'European' (by European definition) but it doesn't really matter because you're still farther up the totem pole than a Black American, a dark Hispanic or anyone too brown for the norm. We could even throw in some darker Indians or Asians if you want.

Discrimination is discrimination. I generally tend to agree with you most of the time but you can't say "farther up the totem pole, so you don't get to ***".

Being ***on is being ***on. Just because a big steamer is easier to clean than watery diarrhea doesn't mean feces isn't being forced upon you.
By fonewear 2015-03-06 08:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What percentage of the time do I spend thinking about minorities... zero.

Seems some people are obsessed with race and go to great lengths to *** and moan constantly.

It is like they work for MSNBC.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-03-06 08:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
What percentage of the time do I spend thinking about minorities... zero.

Seems some people are obsessed with race and go to great lengths to *** and moan constantly.

It is like they work for MSNBC.

I think it's easy for people who partake in institutional racism without realizing it to badmouth those who talk about it and say "No, I'm not racist, you're the ones obsessed with race!"

When, in fact, being passively racist and not realizing it doesn't really make it any less racist. It just means you're lucky enough that it's not an issue for your personally.

It's all well and good to be not actively racist and think everything is fine. But pretending race isn't an issue in society at all is lampshading an awfully big elephant in the room.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-06 08:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to a mostly black high school/college I had so many so-called racism adventures. I was in a class where a speech was given by everyone about how slavery affected the U.S so after 28 black kids and I believe an asian, I rewrote my speech and made it about being thankful that due to slavery sports aren't boring because of the selective breeding that happened in that time frame the silence was awesome till my best friend "*** Jim" (nickname from when we read Tom Sawyer) laughed so hard he sharted
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-06 08:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a friend in hs who wouldn't consider any guy if he wasn't at least very tanned. She was an IRV.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-06 08:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You used the N word Anji ! That is our word damn it !
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-06 08:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Also to add to that story I got suspended for the speech for 3 days and they added an extra 5 days when I told the principal "it's because i'm black huh?" My mom was so awe stuck she couldn't think of a punishment lol
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-06 08:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I played football with a good bit of black people and I didn't have any awkward race moments. I must be passive racist !
By fonewear 2015-03-06 08:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Also to add to that story I got suspended for the speech for 3 days and they added an extra 5 days when I told the principal "it's because i'm black huh?" My mom was so awe stuck she couldn't think of a punishment lol

This makes me want to go back to high school just to *** around !
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-06 08:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You used the N word Anji ! That is our word damn it !

That's another hot issue with me lol I do use that word a lot and when random black person #23 comes up to me and tells me I can't use that word because i'm white I call them racist and inform them that my people invented the *** word and it's ours lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-06 08:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Discrimination is discrimination. I generally tend to agree with you most of the time but you can't say "farther up the totem pole, so you don't get to ***".

Being ***on is being ***on. Just because a big steamer is easier to clean than watery diarrhea doesn't mean feces isn't being forced upon you.

Getting ***on by some randos on the street who don't like you because you're *insert race x* here is not the same as being discriminated against by institutions. Both hurt but one is codified in policy, buckets of money and far-reaching implications.
By fonewear 2015-03-06 09:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had the time for I'd go to my local college and take some women's studies class or two. I'm sure I'd get kicked out after my first "speech"
By Ramyrez 2015-03-06 09:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting ***on by some randos on the street who don't like you because you're *insert race x* here is not the same as being discriminated against by institutions. Both hurt but one is codified in policy, buckets of money and far-reaching implications.

Yes, I get that. You're missing my point.

Neither is okay, and saying, "well, your experience isn't valid, mine is" doesn't help anything.
By Ramyrez 2015-03-06 09:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I played football with a good bit of black people and I didn't have any awkward race moments. I must be passive racist !

I'd go into this further with you but you just like to be inflammatory. Soooo. I brought this instead.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-03-06 09:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had the time for I'd go to my local college and take some women's studies class or two. I'm sure I'd get kicked out after my first "speech"
You're trying to tell us you don't have the time for that??? c'monnnnnnn
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-06 09:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's not time he lacks but ambition also even if he did get ambitious he would likely be distracted by a thread here and forget everything
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-06 09:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
You're trying to tell us you don't have the time for that??? c'monnnnnnn

I'm looking into it now I don't even see women's studies. This college is fail.
By fonewear 2015-03-06 09:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's not time he lacks but ambition also even if he did get ambitious he would likely be distracted by a thread here and forget everything

That is true. It would be a lot of work for a joke also.

I do enjoy summer classes though. I did Astronomy a few years ago.

For the hell of it.

Looked into it Women's Studies is a minor. (much more than I would dare to stand)
By fonewear 2015-03-06 09:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually this would be the only course I could take:

JUS 215 Victimology 3 crs.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-06 09:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I get that. You're missing my point.

Neither is okay, and saying, "well, your experience isn't valid, mine is" doesn't help anything.

Bigoted thoughts and institutionalized racism are being conflated. One affects everyone and another affects largely brown people.

The oft cited poor white guy is still valued as more a man than his poor brown counterpart by the institutions. That is at the crux of what I talk about.
By fonewear 2015-03-06 09:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen my fair share of large brown people:

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10