First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-05 17:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Those statements about animals and humans are something I can never get behind. I find them extremely poor thought out actually.

Ants wage war on rival colonies and enslave the survivors. Who also eventually rebel and kill the new masters.
Let that sink for a minute.

Yes we are more advanced and more civilized than animals. It's no wonder we're so many and we dominate this planet, cause we're better organized, more intelligent and the intraspecies cooperation is actually excellent. Yes we have rivaling tribes, but you know who does too? About all animals: they fight to death for territory.

If we sucked as a species we wouldn't have evolved this far.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-05 17:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well according to census reports we "whitey" will be the minority fairly soon.

It is my dream to be the white Al Sharpton.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/13/18934111-census-white-majority-in-us-gone-by-2043
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-05 17:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Well according to census reports we "whitey" will be the minority fairly soon.

Soon Juanita's kids will be asking YOU at a Home Depot parking lot to repair her front porch for substandard wages!

*clasps hands together* Muhahahahaha!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-05 17:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The latest census numbers show:

Census: White majority in U.S. gone by 2043

The population younger than 5 stood at 49.9 percent minority in 2012.
For the first time in more than a century, the number of deaths now exceeds births among white Americans. This "natural decrease" occurred several years before the government's original projection, a sign of the white population decline soon to arrive. For now, the white population is still increasing slightly, due to immigration from Europe.

As a whole, the nonwhite population increased by 1.9 percent to 116 million, or 37 percent of the U.S. The fastest percentage growth is among multiracial Americans, followed by Asians and Hispanics. Non-Hispanic whites make up 63 percent of the U.S.; Hispanics, 17 percent; blacks, 12.3 percent; Asians, 5 percent; and multiracial Americans, 2.4 percent.

About 353 of the nation's 3,143 counties, or 11 percent, are now "majority-minority." Six of those counties tipped to that status last year: Mecklenburg, N.C.; Cherokee, Okla.; Texas, Okla.; Bell, Texas; Hockley, Texas; and Terrell, Texas.

In 2012, 13 states and the District of Columbia had an under-5 age population that was "majority-minority," up from five states in 2000. In 25 states and the District of Columbia, minorities now make up more than 40 percent of the under-5 group.

Among the under-5 age group, 22 percent live in poverty, typically in more rural states such as Mississippi, Arkansas and Louisiana. Black toddlers were most likely to be poor, at 41 percent, followed by Hispanics at 32 percent and whites at 13 percent. Asian toddlers had a poverty rate of 11 percent.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-05 17:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, the American institution itself is racist. Take any appreciable metric and the disparity takes form and shape. Home Loans? Who gets hired? Criminal Justice? Escalation of Force? You name it.

While Morgan Freeman essentially reverb'd MLK, it's going to take more than adopting a colorblind stance and a neat soundbyte to fix the imbalances in America. Guy's a phenomenal actor but even he knows that people aren't going to suddenly drop their identities and innate biases.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-05 17:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

2043 I may or may not be alive to see myself be a minority !

By 2043 I am guessing we will work for the robots. Which may be minorities also.
By fonewear 2015-03-05 17:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

MLK jr if alive would definitively work for the Huff Post.

Instead of marching on Selma he would blog about Ferguson etc.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-03-05 18:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why I like the Army. As they tell all of us, "everyone is green".
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-05 19:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd join the army but I'm too old and I don't take orders well !
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
user: Yatenkou
By Cecilia Charl 2015-03-05 22:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to join the military too, but they wouldn't let me on account that I had a mental disability and was on medication...
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-03-05 22:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to join the military, but then I took an arrow in the knee.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-03-05 22:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Kei Nagase said: »
I tried to join the military too, but they wouldn't let me on account that I had a mental disability and was on medication...

that aside Kei Nagase... one of the best games ever made.

Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-03-05 22:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
I was going to join the military, but then I took an arrow in the knee.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Cecilia Charl 2015-03-06 00:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

I was actually wanting to go into the air force, but I wanted to be a radar technician. I didn't have the vision required to be trained as a pilot when they performed the vision test on me.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-03-06 00:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Personally, I agree with him. Arbitrary borders are just that. What is a racial identity but a ham-fisted cultural blanket identity? It isn't race that defines culture, but culture has an interesting way of defining race; and it's an active choice to ascribe that definition.
I still can't agree that a racial identifier begets racism. Someone who's of the mind to treat people negatively based on one criteria will just find another way to crap on someone's head so getting rid of these identities just delays the problem and accomplishes nothing. Until we're one homogeneous race of mocha-colored bisexuals (it's gonna happen, don't fight it), any differences within the human population are a potential target. For me, doing what Freeman states would just feel like a defeat rather than a progression.

The rest of his statements I can relate with though. Hell, I just had to look up when Hispanic heritage month was so that goes to show how much I'm attached to that particular sentiment.
If it's not race, it's religion. If it's not religion, it's national borders. It is a consequence of an us vs. them mindset, and that we "other" people who are unlike us. Clinging to, or abolishing, racial identifiers won't stop racism; but what is it doing? It ratifies those differences as true, when race, by definition of skin variation and locational heritage, is a fiction. There is no other race, unless you're referring to homo-neanderthalis.

I think a broader understanding of what culture is and how it works would do more to stifle racism as a whole. In order for that to happen though, we need to call a spade a spade.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-03-06 01:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I was actually wanting to go into the air force, but I wanted to be a radar technician. I didn't have the vision required to be trained as a pilot when they performed the vision test on me.

i would have love flying fighter jets myself. But now i got a debilitating back injury to go along with my oh so shitty eye sight. I guess if i have trouble reading signs on he road then i probably shouldnt be piloting a fighter jet'
By palladin9479 2015-03-06 04:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Weren't Jews most hated for getting all the money by practicing lending/usury? Just 2 days ago some whacko killed several people in a Jewish retirement home. Sigh sometimes ppl are so stupid.

On another note, Merchant of Venice is a fun watch. I think the ending leaves things open to interpretation but I feel it was intended to make already racist people question their racism more than anything.

Yes they were a big threat to the Catholic Church and were blasted constantly throughout most of European history. It was safer to be a Jew in the Muslim nations then it was to be one in Europe. Several of the European nations had periodic purges where they would go around killing or forcibly relocation Jewish populations. They did the same thing to the Romani people though they never get any public attention these days. The European nations like to pretend they never committed these atrocities.
By palladin9479 2015-03-06 04:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
In the struggle to make everyone 'colorless' we miss out on the opportunity to explore and learn from each group of people who poured sweat/blood into America. We're not all the same and in that there is limitless possibility to become more well rounded people. It has nothing to do with superiority unless you want it to be.

This is only true if your part of the privileged culture, aka anyone non "white". If your from Northern European or even Russian then your not allowed to have a culture but must shut up and respect everyone else's even while they ridicule you. If you dare speak out then your labeled a racist, evil, homophobic, cis-gender, sh!t lord while many of those privileged protected people commenting about how much better then you they are. We need look no further then your own posts to see how far your "You may freely express your opinion, as long as it agrees with our opinion" attitude goes.
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-03-06 05:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

White isn't a race, black isn't a race. There is only one race... The Human race.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-03-06 05:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
White isn't a race, black isn't a race. There is only one race... The Human race.
Not entirely true. We ran the others to extinction though. As a species, we're kind of ***.
By palladin9479 2015-03-06 05:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Throw in the Italians, Chinese, Japanese, Koreans and every other new group that gets ***on when they join 'Murica. Right now we're on hating the *** out of Central Americans - because they aren't all Mexican. What hasn't changed is the idea that darker skin equals less value as a human being. The Irish are pretty much filed under Caucasian now unless you feel free to let the world know you're not part of the amorphous white blob.

What part of 'Murica do you live in? I've lived in a few different parts of the country and I can only identify a small handful of genuinely racist people that I've met, and most of those weren't even white. There is plenty of America out there that doesn't identify with the deep south or big cities when it comes to hating on minorities.

My introduction racism was very close and personal and counters every ignorant racist statement that comes out of sparths mouth. I was raised in northern Maine which is almost entirely north european ethnicity. In our rural town we had a few black families and I used to hang out with their children, we all did. Going through grade school I didn't even know racism was supposed to be a thing. Those families were no different then our own and as a child the concept of treating someone different because of skin color was a completely alien concept. Then after junior high school my mother got a much nicer job in Louisiana working at a hospital. That meant we all had to move across country into the deep south, immediately prior to me starting highschool. On day one I get to the school and see a group of black kids talking, I immediately walk up and introduce myself thinking to make friends. So offensive were the looks I got that I still remember them. I never knew what the word "honkey" meant until that moment, nor did I know "white boy" was a pejorative term. They swiftly educated me in exactly how I was to not approach them. Later on some white kids politely informed me about what I was to not do if I wanted to stay out of fights.

That was my introduction to racism in the USA, a bunch of violent black youths who absolutely hated me for no other reason then my skin was white. I was just as poor as they were, my parents were still under heaps of debt so all additional income from my mothers job went towards paying that off. The following four years living in that area (we moved a few times) got me quickly up to speed about the nature of race relations in the USA. It wasn't until later, when I joined the US Army that I learned that anti-white racism was mostly limited to the extremely impoverished black and latino demographic. You'll see lots of liberals / progressives paying lip service or using it as a form of social validation (Sparth), but genuine racism is largely limited to extremely impoverished peoples who want to blame their misery on someone and it's just more convenient to target a visible peoples. Once you move up the socioeconomic ladder it evens out with only the occasional bigot, thankfully they are easy to spot and avoid when needed. Of course then I moved to East Asia and got a face full of real racism. Racism in the USA is like "diet" racism, it's only 1%.

Racism, as seen in the USA, isn't really about a specific ethnicity but about people of lower socioeconomic class's needing someone to blame for it. Poor ignorant blacks and latino's want to blame rich whites, even though there are plenty of poor whites in the same boat as them. Poor ignorant whites want to blame blacks and latinos for "taking all the welfare money". About the only poor racial demographic that doesn't attempt to blame someone else are the east asians, they seem to be laser focused on getting their children out of poverty regardless of the cost. They consistently outperform everyone else even though as a minority they should be "oppressed" and all this "systematic institutional discrimination" should keep them just as poor as the blacks and latinos.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-06 05:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, cause rich white racists don't exist, right?
By palladin9479 2015-03-06 05:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Yeah, cause rich white racists don't exist, right?

Read next time.

Quote:
It wasn't until later, when I joined the US Army that I learned that anti-white racism was mostly limited to the extremely impoverished black and latino demographic. You'll see lots of liberals / progressives paying lip service or using it as a form of social validation (Sparth), but genuine racism is largely limited to extremely impoverished peoples who want to blame their misery on someone and it's just more convenient to target a visible peoples.

Quote:
Poor ignorant blacks and latino's want to blame rich whites, even though there are plenty of poor whites in the same boat as them. Poor ignorant whites want to blame blacks and latinos for "taking all the welfare money

Why do you feel the need to become so defensive that you mentally skip over entire sentences in an attempt to shame me?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-06 06:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm unable to comprehend what you're communicating, but it seems to me you're saying racism is limited to poor people(of any kind). I've seen plenty of rich racists though.

edit: being rich doesn't automatically make you not ignorant unfortunately
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-03-06 06:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never seen a white person, ever.
I've never seen a black person, ever.
I've been called white before, but I'm more of a pink/peach skin tone. Is pink/peach a race?
Get over this hatred already.
Yeah some people will hate you. so what?
Why return their hate with anger and more hatred? Does it do well to be angry?
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-03-06 06:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Pride (self love/exalts ones self) is the root of racism.
Humility (the opposite of pride) with love, destroys the roots of racism.
[+]
By palladin9479 2015-03-06 06:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Maybe I'm unable to comprehend what you're communicating, but it seems to me you're saying racism is limited to poor people(of any kind). I've seen plenty of rich racists though.

edit: being rich doesn't automatically make you not ignorant unfortunately

Again lack of reading on your part, though it seems deliberate.

Quote:
It wasn't until later, when I joined the US Army that I learned that anti-white racism was mostly limited to the extremely impoverished black and latino demographic. You'll see lots of liberals / progressives paying lip service or using it as a form of social validation (Sparth), but genuine racism is largely limited to extremely impoverished peoples who want to blame their misery on someone and it's just more convenient to target a visible peoples. Once you move up the socioeconomic ladder it evens out with only the occasional bigot, thankfully they are easy to spot and avoid when needed. Of course then I moved to East Asia and got a face full of real racism. Racism in the USA is like "diet" racism, it's only 1%.

Your use of binary thinking is showing your real belief. Someone has to either be "with" you or "against" you. You don't recognize a gradient or the possibility that your partially correct and partially wrong. Or to state it firmly, racism amongst the wealthy is extremely rare, as a percentage. Racism amongst the poor is extremely common, again as a percentage. There are more poor blacks then whites and thus it creates the illusion that there are tons of these racist black folk who hate rich white people. There are more wealthy whites then blacks and while racism amongst the elites is rare, where it does exist it creates the illusion that you have these super rich white folk who hate "those dirty black people". Thing is, ultra wealthy tend to dislike ALL poor folk and consider them all "dirty", there just happens to be more poor black and latinos then whites. So what we recognize as "racism" in the USA is actually "classism" (is that even a word).

This all becomes extremely apparent when one runs into real racism. Dealing with a xenophobic culture puts it all into perspective, and by the way, the Japanese are far more tolerant then the Koreans or Chinese.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-06 06:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I never dismissed the existence of the other. Don't jump to conclusion just cause I pointed out one side.
I disagree, I think there are plenty of rich racists. Or at least there are here in my country. And poor ones, I didn't say there aren't, so stop claiming something I'm not.

Like I said, ignorant riches are many as well.

palladin9479 said: »
and by the way, the Japanese are far more tolerate then the Koreans or Chinese.
Japan was just an example, again not an absolute.
By Cecilia Charl 2015-03-06 07:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i would have love flying fighter jets myself. But now i got a debilitating back injury to go along with my oh so shitty eye sight. I guess if i have trouble reading signs on he road then i probably shouldnt be piloting a fighter jet'

From what I have read in interviews from former pilots, the G-forces would be pure hell on someone with a back injury >_<
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-03-06 07:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
Don't forget NASCAR.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10