The New Dragon Ball Movie Trailer! Hype!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » The new Dragon ball Movie Trailer! Hype!
The new Dragon ball Movie Trailer! Hype!
 Bahamut.Hankeypanky
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Hankeypanky 2015-03-03 09:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

this one is subtitled
By Darkalenia 2015-03-03 09:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

We were talking about this in RT yesterday
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-03-03 09:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

doesnt need subtitles.

let us begin, aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh oh no aaaahhhhhh booom aaaaaaaahhhhhh kamehaaaaaaaaa vegeta noooo aaaaaah.

All jokes aside tho, I like the fact they have some of the original voice actors.

Movie way better then 9 episode fight scenes.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-03-03 10:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't think of a new character.... hmmmm Dragonballs!

Next movie after this, they will wish back Cell AND Freiza, and Cell will absorb the powered up Freiza.

Has there ever been a final say on how dimensions/timelines work in DBZ/GT? I mean if GT is already in the future, and new events are occurring in the DBZ timeline, where is the suspense? If we know that all these characters are alive in DBGT, we know they will defeat anyone in DBZ... or they won't and they will just get wished back again.
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-03 11:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought part of the advertising for "battle of the gods" stated "the last dragonball movie!"

Or was that wishful thinking...
 Shiva.Kingmancat
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-03-03 11:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »

Next movie after this, they will wish back Cell AND Freiza, and Cell will absorb the powered up Freiza.

Has there ever been a final say on how dimensions/timelines work in DBZ/GT? I mean if GT is already in the future, and new events are occurring in the DBZ timeline, where is the suspense? If we know that all these characters are alive in DBGT, we know they will defeat anyone in DBZ... or they won't and they will just get wished back again.

Calling it now... Next one will be a triple fusion dance with Frieza, Cooler, and King Cold all in their own versions of Cooler's Super Shredder form. The resulting gestalt will be driven insane by the fact that there are three minds vying for control and will end up being mind-zombie'd (Broly style) by Frieza's son, Kuriza.
Server: Balmung
user: Yatenkou
By Cecilia Charl 2015-03-03 11:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

That always bugged the hell out of me, wouldn't at some point, a loyal underling of said villain (Barring Cell since he had no underlings aside from Cell JR's.) would go gather the Dragon Balls on either Earth or New Namek, and then just wish back said villain?
By Wordspoken 2015-03-03 11:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »

This is a problem with pretty much all shows these days. Audience can guess by meta that main character won't die so where's the suspense?

Less meta, guys.
By Darkalenia 2015-03-03 11:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said: »
I thought part of the advertising for "battle of the gods" stated "the last dragonball movie!"

Or was that wishful thinking...

"...the latest!"
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-03 11:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

GT isn't canon.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-03-03 12:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
GT isn't canon.

For serious?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-03 12:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It wasn't created by Toriyama.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-03-03 13:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Toriyama helped with some of the character designs in GT, but that's about it.

Battle of Gods was meant to be the beginning of a new era of DBZ, not the end.

In other news, a lot of people pissed off that Freiza's new form is just a recoloring.

I'm more annoyed than a bunch of fodders came out of no where and were able to beat up Gohan and Piccalo.
By Chyula 2015-03-03 14:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Toriyama helped with some of the character designs in GT, but that's about it.

Battle of Gods was meant to be the beginning of a new era of DBZ, not the end.

In other news, a lot of people pissed off that Freiza's new form is just a recoloring.

I'm more annoyed than a bunch of fodders came out of no where and were able to beat up Gohan and Piccalo.

its the movie, it does that all the time in the past movies. With their power difference, the the main character should be one punch kill like gohan kill all those baby cell if you go by the series.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-03 14:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I always liked Frieza's final form, he looked like an alien spermy. Not a fan of the gold though. Maybe he went supersaiyan too.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-03-03 14:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If DBZ didnt have the rep it has, these movies would be received better.

Also GT sucked aside from the SSJ4 Vegeta.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-03 14:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
aside from the SSJ4 Vegeta.
I agree he was hot.

A real DB sequel series should happen. And Bra has to be one of the new supersaiyans!
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-03 14:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how they kept the original JP voice actor for frieza. What I'm bummed about is if they dub this, they'll use the DBZ Kai Frieza voice which sucks. The original DBZ dub voice was actually really good(the effeminate one that also did Master Genkai's voice from Yu Yu Hakusho)
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-03 14:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

A wild Shiny Frieza appears!

I thought we were past Vegeta being someone who could flip back to evil. And oh look, Piccolo and Gohan are getting scrubbed again. Can Gohan ever catch a break? Kid peaked at Cell then his martial arts career took a Yamcha.

We'll find out, next time on 'Goku legit kills Frieza this time' Ball Z!
 Sylph.Malphius
Server: Sylph
user: Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2015-03-03 14:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously. Can we please, PLEASE have someone in the hero role OTHER than Goku. For once. How long are they going to recycle the same old tired worn out formula. The best part in Dragonball Z was when Goku was dead and Trunks, Vegetta, Picollo and Gohan were being developed and kicking ***.

Lets get back to that.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-03 14:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

First off forget Gt ever happened. It's not cannon, Akira Toriyama didn't write it. That being said, DBZ officially ends with Cell Saga as that's where the manga ends. The whole majin boo thing is filler. Dbz ends with Goku dying and gohan bringing it full circle by surpassing his father and defeatig cell. It's a perfect ending. Ssj3 and ssj4 are not cannon and frankly look HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Asura.Leoheika
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2015-03-03 15:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a 3 part manga out (part 1 was released recently), Showing the revival of frieza called "DBZ Rebirth of F" check it out if you're interested, but it actually says how Goku defeats Majin Buu, so I can't see it being looked past as filler.

edit: http://readms.com/r/dragon_ball_z_rebirth_of_f/1/2705/1
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-03 15:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That last panel:

Now I imagine Frieza running down Snake Way to prepare for Goku and the others.