Boehner Wants To Sue Obama (again)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Boehner Wants to Sue Obama (again)
Boehner Wants to Sue Obama (again)
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-01-28 19:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

This caught me enough by surprise to want to post it. It's a post from the Rachel Maddow Show's blog (or something of that nature).

Link first, full post in the spoiler: Boehner's bold new idea: suing Obama again

What caught me is that conclusion being drawn. I was expecting the usual frothing attack on Boehner, and there's certainly a bit of skepticism about wasting taxpayer money on this again, but... there seems to be some (rather backhanded) praise in here.

Anyone think this analysis might be true?
By Jetackuu 2015-01-28 19:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

More actual waste's of taxpayer money and time, probably just trying to keep his job at this point.

I wonder how much money they've wasted throwing their temper tantrums now.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-01-28 19:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I wonder how much money they've wasted throwing their temper tantrums now.
Compared to, say, our Defense budget, not a meaningful amount.

And some conservatives have claimed that gridlock is the only way to keep the federal government from doing stupid things, so here's liberal spin on a Republican Speaker possibly doing just that.
By Jetackuu 2015-01-28 19:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, it's just ironic coming from "the party of fiscal responsibility" I have mixed ideas about our "defense budget" and honestly without going over it entirely (which would take some time) I don't want to fully formulate an opinion.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-01-28 19:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw the headline a while ago, what ever happened to the lawsuit over Obamacare? I mean, both are baseless and probably won't even be taken up by a court, but shouldn't he get one filed before starting a new one? Still no timeline on when the House will begin debating immigration reform, but they sure did get nothing done in January.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-01-28 20:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
but they sure did get nothing done in January.
What if that's the point? What if John Boehner is the Dark Knight, a fictitious villain working behind the scenes to save the world?! He is Batman!

Pardon me, going to go spend the next several hours sobering up and laughing hysterically.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-01-28 21:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
user: Yatenkou
By Cecilia Charl 2015-01-28 23:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Brb gonna put a bullet in my head from that asshat's nonsense. He failed already, what makes him think he's gonna succeed this time?
By Shiva.Protectorchrono 2015-01-29 07:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taidis said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

I found Mr. Mime to be one of my favorite Psychic types in Pokemon! Damn you Boehner! xD
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-29 08:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Aaaaaaaaand this site is on an FBI watch list now.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-01-29 08:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw suing him, lets impeach.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-01-29 09:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
The lawsuit has been called "impeachment lite."

Also, remember what impeachment did for Clinton's popularity?

Oni, I think that a very thoughtful analysis.
By Jetackuu 2015-01-29 09:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

For what? aside from the patriot act (which a lot of congress and the last president is also guilty for, among other things they're all guilty of) there's no grounds for impeachment, despite what the Republicans keep telling their sheep.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-01-29 10:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Go ahead.
 Bismarck.Oldelf
Server: Bismarck
user: oldelf
By Bismarck.Oldelf 2015-01-29 10:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The Lawsuit is all about Obama over stepping his office. This is the first step of challenging the Dictator Obama of violating the Constitution.
We have rules and laws in place and he is just going around them knowing that when the Supreme Court finally gets around to over turning most of these Executive Orders he'll be back home in Kenya praying to Allah with his bud the Iranian President. LOL
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-29 10:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Oldelf said: »
The Lawsuit is all about Obama over stepping his office. This is the first step of challenging the Dictator Obama of violating the Constitution.
We have rules and laws in place and he is just going around them knowing that when the Supreme Court finally gets around to over turning most of these Executive Orders he'll be back home in Kenya praying to Allah with his bud the Iranian President. LOL
Aaaaand we finally have someone who's actually said something dumber than Nausi ever could on this topic.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2015-01-29 11:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Bismarck.Oldelf said: »
Aaaaand we finally have someone who's actually said something dumber than Nausi ever could on this topic.
Yet Nausi +1'd it.

So I wouldn't go that far.
By Schutz 2015-01-29 11:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Nah, more like 3 people's IP addresses are now on the FBI watchlist, one of'em being KN. Not only the FBI's list, but also the CIA, NSA, BATFE, DHS... Those two really had to go and royally *** themselves over with threatening violence against the president and VP.

Maybe. :p Jesse Jackson once famously said he wanted to cut Obama's @%#$s off, but no repercussions ever came of that threat. :p

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-29 11:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Schutz said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Nah, more like 3 people's IP addresses are now on the FBI watchlist, one of'em being KN. Not only the FBI's list, but also the CIA, NSA, BATFE, DHS... Those two really had to go and royally *** themselves over with threatening violence against the president and VP.

Maybe. :p Jesse Jackson once famously said he wanted to cut Obama's @%#$s off, but no repercussions ever came of that threat. :p
Doesn't matter if nothing actually comes from the threat. You make a threat to harm the president or the VP, they all automatically start watching your ***. All the big 3 letter agencies, as well as the military. They watch, and they wait till you self-incriminate further by actually taking steps to make your threat a reality. Then you see the SWAT teams kick your front door down, flashbangs are tossed in your face, they slam you down, cuff you and haul you off to Gitmo faster than you can say "jackrabbit".
You're never seen or heard from again after that. Literally, if you want to disappear cheaply and effectively, threaten the higher-ups in the U.S government.
Then you should be glad nothing will come from it.

Or are you hoping that what you say actually occurs?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-29 11:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew a kid in school who made a joke e-mail threatening Bill Clinton. He and his friends got a good laugh out of it, until he accidentally sent it. I can't remember how long it took, but the school was soon visited by government agents who found out who sent it and interrogated him. I think he got off the hook due to his age, but it goes to show how much those guys don't mess around. I don't actually think what was said in this thread qualifies, but whatever.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-01-29 11:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's doubtful they will. While government agents do follow up on certain threats... if they followed up on everyone that ever siad anything about any president's death they'd have no time to do anything else. I doubt their names are even on a list at this point but yeah...

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-01-29 11:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the key word in your reply there is credible...

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5