2015 northeast blizzard
First Page 2
 Sylph.Artofox
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: artofox2
By Sylph.Artofox 2015-01-27 06:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone else stuck in this? i'm north of boston, toward new hampshire border.

still have to work today- remote tech support from home. yay!
 Asura.Jezzus
Server: Asura
user: L30x
By Asura.Jezzus 2015-01-27 07:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk I took a walk in it blasting Alaska on my headphones. Highly recommend!
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-01-27 07:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Send some of that bad weather a little to the south - I could use a day off work.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-27 07:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, Blizzards in New England? Doesn't that happen like, every year or something?

Let me know when there's a blizzard in the South, more importantly, in Texas. Then that would be cause for concern....
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
user: Yatenkou
By Cecilia Charl 2015-01-27 07:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Wait, Blizzards in New England? Doesn't that happen like, every year or something?

Let me know when there's a blizzard in the South, more importantly, in Texas. Then that would be cause for concern....

Good luck with coastal Texas getting a blizzard.
By Ramyrez 2015-01-27 07:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's rarely about the amount of snow itself, it's about the increasing inability of city officials to properly manage budgets and tax levels and their other resources (including municipal workers).

Buffalo gets absolutely *** hammered year after year and it's rarely ever even mentioned on the news except for the occasional humor dig going, "Wowee! Who'd be crazy enough to live there!"

But when Chicago/New York/Boston gets paralyzed by 1/4 of the snow, it's the worst thing ever oh my god kill yourself and save yourself the anguish of SNOW!

Meanwhile this so-called blizzard (sorry, "winter storm Juno", when the *** did we start sensationalizing winter storms? Did New England feel jilted by all of the southern coasts' hurricaines?) -- in my area -- was a farce, we haven't had real snowfall at all this year where I am.
 Asura.Jezzus
By Asura.Jezzus 2015-01-27 07:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Half the people in New England drive likes it's their first encounter with snow EVERY YEAR! God only knows what would happen if Texas got hit with a blizzard(Ignoring the WTF of it.)
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-01-27 07:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jezzus said: »

Half the people in New England drive likes it's their first encounter with snow EVERY YEAR! God only knows what would happen if Texas got hit with a blizzard(Ignoring the WTF of it.)

Doesn't matter where you live or how common snow is, there's always a big percentage of the population that loses their god damn minds.
[+]
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
user: Yatenkou
By Cecilia Charl 2015-01-27 07:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

It's rarely about the amount of snow itself, it's about the increasing inability of city officials to properly manage budgets and tax levels and their other resources (including municipal workers).

Buffalo gets absolutely *** hammered year after year and it's rarely ever even mentioned on the news except for the occasional humor dig going, "Wowee! Who'd be crazy enough to live there!"

But when Chicago/New York/Boston gets paralyzed by 1/4 of the snow, it's the worst thing ever oh my god kill yourself and save yourself the anguish of SNOW!

Meanwhile this blizzard -- in my area -- was a farce, we haven't had real snowfall at all this year where I am.

I sometimes see a foot year round where I live. I love the snow, it's very pretty to look at (Difficult to drive on though so no thank you) and you can do so much with it outside, like roll a snowman, throw snowballs at that *** mailman who tossed a box onto your doorstep that held glasses inside (Drinking glasses, which all but three of the 20 I ordered were chipped, cracked, or broken by how poorly he handled them.) or my favorite: sledding...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-27 07:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile this so-called blizzard (sorry, "winter storm Juno", when the *** did we start sensationalizing winter storms? Did New England feel jilted by all of the southern coasts' hurricaines?) -- in my area -- was a farce, we haven't had real snowfall at all this year where I am.
Last year it froze "hard" in San Antonio (hard as in about a quarter of a centimeter of ice. Don't laugh, that's rare here).

The whole city was shut down for 2 days because of it. My firm has several people from the north (one from Ohio, one from Idaho, one from Washington, and one from Vermont) who pretty much laughed at us from shutting down just for a little ice.

Which is ok, because we laugh at them when it turns 95 degrees and they are complaining on how hot it is.
 Asura.Jezzus
By Asura.Jezzus 2015-01-27 07:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't matter where you live or how common snow is, there's always a big percentage of the population that loses their god damn minds.

It's snowing sodium and chlorine everyday inside my head then.
 Valefor.Slore
Server: Valefor
user: Slore
By Valefor.Slore 2015-01-27 07:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Same with us, I live in Central New York and we get huge snowfall amounts all the time from Lake Ontario. Schools have not even been closed once this year for snow and we have had a couple storms.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-01-27 07:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

18 inches and still snowing, luckily haven't lost power yet

2011 storm had it out for 13 days here..
 Asura.Jezzus
By Asura.Jezzus 2015-01-27 07:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
18 inches and still snowing, luckily haven't lost power yet

2011 storm had it out for 13 days here..

Ya that one was crazy. Snow trench side walks in the city I lived in.
By Ramyrez 2015-01-27 07:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is ok, because we laugh at them when it turns 95 degrees and they are complaining on how hot it is.

Seventy-five is about as hot as I want it to be...ever. 90+ is *** idiotic and you should be allowed to go to work in your god damn underwear and/or relocate your workstation to a meat locker.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hubie
Server: Leviathan
user: Hubie
By Leviathan.Hubie 2015-01-27 07:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

im 15 min north of boston, out plowing right now. Its nice without all the women driving their AWD vehicles thinking they can drive in the snow!
By Ramyrez 2015-01-27 07:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hubie said: »
im 15 min north of boston, out plowing right now. Its nice without all the women driving their AWD vehicles thinking they can drive in the snow!

Oh good, someone made a gender-based driving ability joke. Well, at least they're not as bad as those Asians, right? *eye roll*

Trust me. Overconfidence in driving ability knows no gender, nor does lack of driving ability. And there's plenty of interplay between those two categories as well.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-27 07:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Seventy-five is about as hot as I want it to be...ever. 90+ is *** idiotic and you should be allowed to go to work in your god damn underwear and/or relocate your workstation to a meat locker.
Yeah...it's usually around 90-95 degrees in late April and lasts until mid-November. Most of the time it's 95-100+ degrees...

It's not really bad to be honest, but after a few years, you start to become a pussy during cold weather. Anything less than 45 degrees and we ***.
By Ramyrez 2015-01-27 08:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

AND FOR THE LOVE OF *** DON'T FORGET TO GET MILK AND BREAD!

(There's a fun little Youtube video about this, but I can't link it from here.)
 Cerberus.Halticus
Server: Cerberus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2015-01-27 08:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jezzus said: »

The grocery store shelves confirm this statement
 Cerberus.Halticus
Server: Cerberus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2015-01-27 08:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nowadays, where I live, there doesn't even have to be snow on the ground. All there needs to be is the media hype of a potentially big storm and they shut down all schools lol. Damn kids got it so easy today lol
By Ramyrez 2015-01-27 08:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Halticus said: »
Damn kids got it so easy today lol

Not really; they have to make it up out of their summers.

Frankly, I say send the little beasts to school year-round anyhow.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-27 08:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Halticus said: »
Nowadays, where I live, there doesn't even have to be snow on the ground. All there needs to be is the media hype of a potentially big storm and they shut down all schools lol. Damn kids got it so easy today lol

This is so true... two nights ago we got a report for snow... stores sold out of all the "essentials", and all we got was a bit of rain.

Today, we get half an inch of snow and all the schools shut down... people are *** stupid.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-27 08:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Magnuss would kill you right now....
By Ramyrez 2015-01-27 09:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It would, in fact, ease the workload on teachers, teaching the same amount of material, giving them time to breath and elaborate on subjects, rather than rush through them based on mandatory curriculum material. Give kids more time in school devoted to exercise and physical activity and the arts as well.

Sure they may not get the vacation with their students, but they also wouldn't then have to spend hours upon hours of their personal time seeing to work-related issues.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-01-27 09:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Please try to die on a carpet in the main room of your dwelling. this will make corpse removal more efficient. thank you.

UP YOURS de Blasio!!!

<insert diabolical laughter here>
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-27 09:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It would, in fact, ease the workload on teachers, teaching the same amount of material, giving them time to breath and elaborate on subjects, rather than rush through them based on mandatory curriculum material. Give kids more time in school devoted to exercise and physical activity and the arts as well.

Sure they may not get the vacation with their students, but they also wouldn't then have to spend hours upon hours of their personal time seeing to work-related issues.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't year-round schooling give just as much "vacation time" as traditional scheduling?

Last I checked, year-round means 2 months on, 1 month off.
 Phoenix.Scarve
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Scarve 2015-01-27 09:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slore said: »
Same with us, I live in Central New York and we get huge snowfall amounts all the time from Lake Ontario. Schools have not even been closed once this year for snow and we have had a couple storms.

Same here, I live in the Finger Lakes region. It wasn't as bad yesterday, about 8" of snow. It's just the people that don't know how to drive in it that's a cause for concern.
By Ramyrez 2015-01-27 09:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't year-round schooling give just as much "vacation time" as traditional scheduling?

Last I checked, year-round means 2 months on, 1 month off.

I'm talking about an entirely new system here!

Think big!

Kids actually learning. Teachers who are good at their jobs imparting valuable skills and knowledge upon students!

A pedagogical renaissance!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-27 09:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

We're off to see the blizzard, the wonderful blizzard up north!
We hear it's a whiz of a bliz, if ever a bliz there was
If ever, oh ever a bliz there was, The blizzard up north is one because
Because, because, because, because, because
Because of the wonderful things it does!
We're off to see the blizzard, the wonderful blizzard up north!
First Page 2