[UK] Judge Orders Father To Take His Children To Church

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » [UK] Judge orders father to take his children to church
[UK] Judge orders father to take his children to church
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-01-28 13:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I would argue that the clause regarding not discussing salary or compensation, or requiring abiding by a handbook/rules which forbid discussing of salary or compensation, is probably pretty prevalent, despite being invalid.

So is any language claiming that employees do not have the right to unionize.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-28 13:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
I would argue that the clause regarding not discussing salary or compensation, or requiring abiding by a handbook/rules which forbid discussing of salary or compensation, is probably pretty prevalent, despite being invalid.

I agree about discussing compensation, and I'd put morals clauses in there as well for people who are outside of the public eye. The expressed right to unionize is a bit outside of what I'd agree with, but the right to collectively bargain and settle greavences should be federal law.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-01-28 14:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »

I agree about discussing compensation, and I'd put morals clauses in there as well for people who are outside of the public eye. The expressed right to unionize is a bit outside of what I'd agree with, but the right to collectively bargain and settle greavences should be federal law.
Both the ability to discuss compensation as well as collective bargain are protected by federal law.
Collective bargaining is essentially unionizing, just without the negative connotations the concepts of unions have in the US.
By Blazed1979 2015-01-28 14:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

sent PM.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-01-28 14:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
And the rather small number of contracts I've signed in my life (primarily rental contracts) have included provisos that I happily ignored because they violated state laws and city statutes. It's naive to pretend every contract is flawlessly combed through by a neutral attorney, which would be the standard necessary.
Do you know that it violated state laws, or are you assuming? Somehow, I don't think you understand law either....or how contracts are constructed.....
How do you "somehow" assume that, exactly? I'm very aware of what city statutes and state laws are regarding rental properties, it's something I've had good reasons to know about. I "somehow" imagine you claim everyone who speaks to you knows nothing in the awesome face of your spectacular intelligence. Don't worry, just because you never cite facts doesn't diminish your credibility, I swear.