[UK] Judge Orders Father To Take His Children To Church

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » [UK] Judge orders father to take his children to church
[UK] Judge orders father to take his children to church
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2015-01-28 06:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

you lost me there. Who was talking about unborn babies?
[+]
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-01-28 06:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
This disgusting debate to validate killing unborn babies is tiresome... The defenders of this seem to have their conscience seared and can no longer feel any compassion unless it's for themselves. Worst of all is the blindness to this very fact... It's heart breaking to see such heartlessness in the world.
My only hope here is that a few may be able to see the light shining through in these dark days...
Wait, why are you bringing up abortion, no one has been discussing abortion, you said you stopped smoking weed 8 months ago, are you sure about that?
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-28 06:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

wrong thread . . .
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-28 06:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I had more than one tab open, sorry >_<
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-28 06:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's 5 am and not been to bed yet <.<
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-01-28 06:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn it, I missed my chance to post "inb4 Endoq" on the other thread.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-28 07:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I seem to have a lot of fans on this site.... :/

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-28 07:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
You an be very condescending at times without realizing that's all, so people really get rubbed the wrong way when it pertains to spirituality because it's not based on logic.
I'm not being condescending... If you really need to know, my eyes are often full of tears as I visit this site, I'm overwealmed with sadness of a broken heart. I feel no superiority over anyone here or anywhere... I wish for eyes to be opened and hearts of stone replaced with flesh that can feel again, even mine...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-28 07:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You an be very condescending at times without realizing that's all, so people really get rubbed the wrong way when it pertains to spirituality because it's not based on logic.
I'm not being condescending... If you really need to know, my eyes are often full of tears as I visit this site, I'm overwealmed with sadness of a broken heart. I feel no superiority over anyone here or anywhere... I wish for eyes to be opened and hearts of stone replaced with flesh that can feel again, even mine...
Wait, did you just say that people who don't follow a religion to have closed minds and hearts of stone?

Thanks, I really appreciate that insult.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-28 07:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Wait, did you just say that people who don't follow a religion to have closed minds and hearts of stone?

No.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-28 07:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

No.
Then who are you referring to with a closed mind and stone heart?
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-28 07:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

No.
I'm saying we are all blind and cold hearted... I included myself as well in that statement...
By charlo999 2015-01-28 07:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
charlo999 said: »
Actually the Big Bang is the evolution theory of the universe from a concentrated mass. They don't know or can't explain how that initial mass got there. You need to research it more.
There are also huge flaws in the theory that hasn't been explained.
You say it doesn't affect you and you don't really care, yet you had enough hunger in religious matters to post.
And the only facts you have posted are that some books are missing from canons and that there are theories discrediting bible based on the study of structure and similarity of the text. Which has been translated.
Nothing yet that factually discredits the main stories and teachings.

I think you need to drink a cup of coffee mate, because I wasn't the one who posted up links about the flaws in bible etc.

I find it incredibly ironic that you believe in something that's not proven and you want proof and evidence on something that has more concrete evidence... hypocrite much? I'm not a believer of any theories, all I'm saying is if I were to pick one, I'd pick the one with some basis from science research. Until we can go back in time (which we probably can't, ever), we can't really prove or disprove anything and I'm not really interested in defending any theories.

I don't really have hunger for religious matters. Being a person who's trained in logical thinking I just can't help it but to point out how illogical their defence is.

Just like the bible, any prove anyone give you is merely a piece of text, and it's up to you how you interpret it. You could argue 1+1 is not 2 because there is no proof on the mathematical axiom... But hey, whatever makes you sleep better at night right?

Your first 3 links proved you point but the last link was about bringing up theoretical flaws that ended with

Quote:
The bottom line is the Christian Bible is, and has been, the handy work of men.

Which is the discussion on the position I thought you were coming from, since it was you who linked it.
But since you say you don't believe in any theory without concrete proof then fair enough.
Just because something has a little maths behind(that itself brings up even more mathematical problems) it doesn't make it anything more than a theoryBig bang(scroll to see problems until it is proved.

And I agree there is no concrete evidence for either.

I think my main reasons logically for jesus is his prophecy from old testement. Yes you can for fill that as it has come after. But how you can artificially manufacture the prophecy regarding the Jews hate red and treatment of jesus, even to today's world, is unbelievable.
I mean these people have been waiting for hundreds of years for the messiah only to reject him.
So then if by that we accept a historic jesus, then logically I can see his life goes against human nature. Not sinning, going through a horrendous torture and death that I think any man would've cried out to stop.
His commandments don't empower anyone either.
I just don't logically see the point of making it up, taking direct scripture. (Until people formed religious groups)Most of the followers were murdered gruesomely but the followers remained. There no initial benefit from following jesus but death it seemed around those times.
I get where your coming from though and I'll read or listen to any opposing view sure.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-28 07:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

No.
I'm saying we are all blind and cold hearted... I included myself as well in that statement...
Well, I still feel insulted.

I know I'm not closed minded nor cold blooded. I'm sorry you feel that way.

Maybe you should just realize that you cannot change the world by yourself and not stress over the little things.
 Bismarck.Baalthus
Server: Bismarck
user: Baalthus
By Bismarck.Baalthus 2015-01-28 07:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone who reads the bible, should also read Stephen Hawking's "The Grand Design".
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-28 07:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

No.

Maybe you should just realize that you cannot change the world by yourself and not stress over the little things.
It's not intended to be an insult. This is our human condition... Every human on earth... I could say I do not have a hardened heart, but that would be a lie, because at times I know I do react without feeling or compassion, especially if anger takes me. Who can say this never happens to them?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-28 08:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

No.

It's not intended to be an insult. This is our human condition... Every human on earth... I could say I do not have a hardened heart, but that would be a lie, because at times I know I do react without feeling or compassion, especially if anger takes me. Who can say this never happens to them?
Reacting without "feeling or compassion" doesn't mean you have a hardened heart, it means that you are reacting to an event that strongly motivates you. I would think that would show you have a more open mind and mindful emotional state than those who act like robots parroting their version of "Truth and Justice" because somebody said so in a youtube video.

Trust me, you don't have a heart of stone. You act on your feelings and your emotions, and being self-deprecating shows how mindful you are towards your own being.

I hope this helps you think about yourself a little.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-28 08:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If you had a heart of stone, you wouldn't feel anything. No reaction, no anger, no happiness, no sadness, depression, etc.

While everyone has differing opinions and stances on complex issues, it does not mean that they are sad, broken, blind, or w/e you want to call it or them which, by doing so, is lauding moral superiority due to belief structure for not agreeing or taking an agreeable stance on complex issues.

People are compassionate as a whole, because they try to relate things, however minute, to their own condition - animals in pain, people suffering, sympathy, empathy, happiness, joy, etc.

Others carry a heavy heart due to many different stressors, situations, belief system, or experiences, which can make them harder to lift up.

Seriously though, I would recommend going to see a mental health expert. Depression is serious business.
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2015-01-28 08:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »

Your first 3 links proved you point but the last link was about bringing up theoretical flaws that ended with

Quote:
The bottom line is the Christian Bible is, and has been, the handy work of men.

Which is the discussion on the position I thought you were coming from, since it was you who linked it.
But since you say you don't believe in any theory without concrete proof then fair enough.
Just because something has a little maths behind(that itself brings up even more mathematical problems) it doesn't make it anything more than a theoryBig bang(scroll to see problems until it is proved.

And I agree there is no concrete evidence for either.

I think my main reasons logically for jesus is his prophecy from old testement. Yes you can for fill that as it has come after. But how you can artificially manufacture the prophecy regarding the Jews hate red and treatment of jesus, even to today's world, is unbelievable.
I mean these people have been waiting for hundreds of years for the messiah only to reject him.
So then if by that we accept a historic jesus, then logically I can see his life goes against human nature. Not sinning, going through a horrendous torture and death that I think any man would've cried out to stop.
His commandments don't empower anyone either.
I just don't logically see the point of making it up, taking direct scripture. (Until people formed religious groups)Most of the followers were murdered gruesomely but the followers remained. There no initial benefit from following jesus but death it seemed around those times.
I get where your coming from though and I'll read or listen to any opposing view sure.

Ok I know religious people tends to be delusional. But man you really missed my point.

>>> I DIDN'T LINK YOU ANYTHING - WRONG PERSON, TRY AGAIN <<<<

I don't study the bible to know exactly why people follow jesus (if he truly exists, there's been claims for both ways if i recall) even if it only means torture and death. But this view can be viewed on suicidal terrorists, people who get convinced to join the Jihadist even though they were born and raised in europe. And in a smaller scale, people who slit their wrist for fun. A lot of psychological manipulation/illness and propaganda tends to be the reason for such decisions.

I can't give you an informed opinion on the view of jesus and his followers because I don't think my time is well spent studying a very old propaganda material. If I want to study propaganda, I can just read some chinese journals. You need to argue that with the right person. the person who gave you the quote/link
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-28 08:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Others carry a heavy heart due to many different stressors, situations, belief system, or experiences, which can make them harder to lift up.
Some jobs require a heavy heart.

You cannot get emotional in accounting, because it would lead to fraud.....

Case in point: Orange County appropriations fraud back in the early 2000's.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-28 08:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Spira, I think you need some REALLY big text to get the point across.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-28 08:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm happy for your honesty, KN and Josiah about what you shared and I highly value that kind of honesty. Only true friends would be so honest at the risk of losing where they stand to put the truth out. I appreciate that kind of brutal honesty. I was unaware that this missunderstanding was present, and now that I know this misconception, I will try to clearify myself better so it does not persist... I'm sorry about the misunderstanding
By charlo999 2015-01-28 08:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow sorry my mistake there spira mixed you up with the other poster

And fair point but
As far as comparing it to belief in extremism in giving your life.
I don't think it can be compared baca use following in Christ would've been very new. Either through hearsay of friend and family or actual direct experience would minds have been swayed. Compared to the religions you talk about that has a wealth of history and ancient texts and masses of people following, making it easier to change peoples minds.
By charlo999 2015-01-28 08:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Baalthus said: »
Everyone who reads the bible, should also read Stephen Hawking's "The Grand Design".

Why? it just seems to add another layer on top of Big Bang.
However far he takes it his theories are all based on the fact that something happened from nothing, naturally and without purpose.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-28 08:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm happy for your honesty, KN and Josiah about what you shared and I highly value that kind of honesty. Only true friends would be so honest at the risk of losing where they stand to put the truth out. I appreciate that kind of brutal honesty. I was unaware that this missunderstanding was present, and now that I know this misconception, I will try to clearify myself better so it does not persist... I'm sorry about the misunderstanding
Don't worry about it.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nazrious 2015-01-28 09:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
It gets complicated when it involves divorce settlements. The judge upheld a condition of the divorce which just so happened to be that the father take them to church if he had them on xmas. Those were the terms of the divorce. Steve shouldn't have agreed to them if he didn't want to take them to church.
They are also her kids and if she wants to raise them catholic that is for her to say. Unless of course the USA UK is slowly becoming the USSR.

Pretty much this.

Don't make a deal then *** about it later.

When working with divorce I see a lot of weird clauses and all I can do is *shrug* thats what the parties want then thats how it goes. Perhaps he thought the court would not uphold the clause but that was his or his counsel's mistake.