The Coolest Bracelet In The Known Universe

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » The coolest bracelet in the known universe
The coolest bracelet in the known universe
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-01-25 13:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh boy, more specious arguments. Keep swinging for the fences, kid, eventually you'll stop hitting your own shins.
By Nazrious 2015-01-25 21:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Oh boy, more specious arguments. Keep swinging for the fences, kid, eventually you'll stop hitting your own shins.

It is a very simple argument, sorry you can't grasp it. Emotions are useless outside of keeping you alive, I know all the gingersnaps out there love to go on and on about how important they are, but they are not.

If i hurt your feelings with anything I said...

I Don't Care.
By Jetackuu 2015-01-25 21:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I'd consider keeping oneself alive is a rather important task, but that's just me.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-01-25 21:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »
Emotions are useless outside of keeping you alive
Emotions are a direct result of hormones being released in response to stimulus. Life without hormones, on top of being impossible, would leave you effectively suicidal.

And on that count, those lovely bursts of serotonin and dopamine and oxytocin, among many others, that we get when we look at something pretty or of personal significance are a vital part of staying alive. So do please keep undermining your HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE "simple" argument.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-01-25 21:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Nazrious 2015-01-25 21:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It is a very simple argument, sorry you can't grasp it. Emotions are useless outside of keeping you alive, I know all the gingersnaps out there love to go on and on about how important they are, but they are not.

If i hurt your feelings with anything I said...

I Don't Care.
Jetackuu said: »
Personally I'd consider keeping oneself alive is a rather important task, but that's just me.

To clarify, emotions are given EXTRA meaning, outside of self preservation.

Mementos have nothing to do with self preservation, thus those feelings attached to that *insert item (locket, photo, etc)* are useless.

However if you are the kind of person that runs back into their burning house to save the family photo album. Great. Weeds out the morons I guess, hmm emotions are a bit more handy then.

I have to correct myself: Emotions are also useful if they lead morons to get themselves killed.

Edit:
Emotions are useless outside of keeping you alive
Emotions are a direct result of hormones being released in response to stimulus. Life without hormones, on top of being impossible, would leave you effectively suicidal.

And on that count, those lovely bursts of serotonin and dopamine and oxytocin, among many others, that we get when we look at something pretty or of personal significance are a vital part of staying alive. So do please keep undermining your HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE "simple" argument.

Those are chemical reactions, which everyone reacts differently to. I personally don't get all weak in the knees over useless trinkets simply because they belonged to a grandparent.

Subjective emotional attachment has nothing to do with the mechanics of how humans function.

spe·cious calling the kettle black here.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2015-01-25 21:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Too late guys, sorry. I already own the coolest bracelet in the world. It's a slap-band with X-Ray and Vav on it.

BE JEALOUS.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-01-25 22:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought these were the coolest bracelets ever. They are worn by more ppl then any other bracelet i now of. And even when they get taken off, the majority go out and do what ever they have to to get them back on!
[+]
By Nazrious 2015-01-25 23:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

I thought these were the coolest bracelets ever. They are worn by more ppl then any other bracelet i now of. And even when they get taken off, the majority go out and do what ever they have to to get them back on!

/bow

I stand corrected. Jewelry is useful.

You sir Just won the interwebs.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-01-26 01:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't actually know what the word specious means... but you're going to use it in hopes that you got it contextually right so you'll look clever... when you could have just checked the definition first... because we're on the internet...

So many layers of intellectual disconnect. It's like an onion. Or a cake.

And cue the "I'm going to say a word means what I want it to mean because that'll totally not make me look like an idiot" response. I've never seen that one before. Really.

Subjective emotional attachment has nothing to do with the mechanics of how humans function.
100% false.
By Nazrious 2015-01-26 13:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't actually know what the word specious means... but you're going to use it in hopes that you got it contextually right so you'll look clever... when you could have just checked the definition first... because we're on the internet...

So many layers of intellectual disconnect. It's like an onion. Or a cake.

And cue the "I'm going to say a word means what I want it to mean because that'll totally not make me look like an idiot" response. I've never seen that one before. Really.

100% false.

Sorry couldn't hear the intelligence with all the loud nonsense in your post.

I substitute your superficially credible argument with My sound and logical one.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-26 13:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

From a spartan viewpoint Jewelry is frivolous,

From any viewpoint, jewelry is frivolous... that's the point. Historically, jewelry was used to show social standing. It's the same hole people now fill with consumer electronics and fancy cars. The only difference is than now people invest in frivolities that invariably depreciate instead of appreciate.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-01-26 13:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply