Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Happy 20th, CT
Happy 20th, CT
By Milnickel 2015-01-24 08:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kingmancat said: »
What say you? Agree? Disagree? Do you think Chrono Trigger is worthy of its label as a masterpiece? What other SquareSoft and Square Enix games are among your favorites?

I liked Chrono Trigger more than Chrono Cross.

personally, from that time frame, i always thought the Dragon Warrior series (especially 4) was great. But it also has to be mentioned on this list.... Secret of Mana!! the second in the series (using a dog and alchemy) was wild, but the first had an amazing story and fighting (circle of spells)
 Siren.Dilandu
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2015-01-24 09:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
i got to say ff7's 3-d approach was mind blowing back then even if the graphics are not comparable to today's " standards". Back then ff7 was top notch graphics wise. I give credit to where its due square soft which latter became square-enix continue to push forward with all types of improvements. I give my thanks to that because they gave me a side hobby i like to do. To give myself a break from the insanity of researching policies,lol.

Got to give credit all the FF games up to FF7 did impress me way more than any other RPG games at the time of release. I used to think FF7 was the best RPG game ever made when it first came out. I paid $129.99 plus tax for the import. It was definately mind blowing with all the 3D visuals and FMV cutscenes. First time seeing Omnislash was so awesome. With the current gaming, FF7 lost the appeal it once had on me since seeing 3D graphics is common now. The last Square Soft game I purchased was FF9 not counting FF11.

First time playing Final Fantasy on the NES. I didn't think it was possible to have such a awesome RPG made for a 8bit game console. Was the same for FF2 SNES which is the reason I bought the SNES. Sold my TG-16 and all the games to get enough money at the time to buy a SNES and FF2.

Also forgot Einhänder. Loved that game and still own the game. I wish they made a sequel.

My worst mistake was purchasing FF Chronicles and FF Anthology. The idiot who worked at Electronics Boutique told me the game has better soundtrack.(CD quality music) Needless to say he didn't mention anything about the loading times between battles and the soundtrack being CD quality was a *** lie. GG Square that was a shitty port. Good thing now we can search for detailed info on the internet before buying a game.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-01-25 08:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2015-01-25 08:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

People really need to stop trashing Chrono Cross. It was a masterpiece. It was just marketed as a "sequel" back in it's day because the term "spiritual successor" wasn't even used to describe games back then.

Here: This man made a video that explains how great of a game it is while still being fair to the people who trash the game because it wasn't a sequel.

YouTube Video Placeholder