First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 80 81 82
 Asura.Cambion
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-11-23 00:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Byrth can you fix my GearSwap for me?
I 'think' it was working when I last played 3 months ago, but I could be wrong.

Whole thing is here:

But the current issue I'm having is really just isolated down to lines 208-226 here:

Technically it works, but it forces a step, and presto 100% of the time, regardless of my current FM count, which throws off my timing, and cuts into my efficiency.

I guess this means, only the 'local' parts are wrong? Is there a new way to write the finishing move buff, buff code, or did an update change on server side, or GS coding?

Basically, for steps, I only want it to use Presto if FM are less than 5. For Climactic, I only want it to step, if my FM are less than 1.

When I first pieced it together, someone offered this alternative, but I could never get it to work, but in case it makes it easy for you:

*This one never uses Presto when stepping, and never steps when trying to use Climactic w/o FM.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2015-11-23 01:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Dashing Subligar gives a 30 second blink after using waltz. Seems to only absorb 1 attack. Could be useful to buffer a shadow for high tier single nukes with a waltz I or something.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-11-23 01:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

In an attempt to be productive, I got Herculean Boots last night and used every stone I had Augmenting them, and wrote them all down for reference, so I know which stones I want in the future:

Taupe:
12Agi 6Acc 1Crit Rate
6Int 2Att 1TA
3Agi 7Acc 5%Waltz
11Agi 13Att
14Str 11Acc 15Att 2Counter
10Agi 10Acc 8Att 1Crit Rate
10Dex 14Att 9rAcc 8%Waltz
11Dex 10Att 2%Waltz
12Str 5Acc
13Str 30Att 4%Crit Dmg

Fern:
2Str 8Acc 13Att 2%Dual Wield
10Str 5Att 1%WSDmg
2Agi 4sTP
2Agi 1Acc 15Att -1%PDT
2Agi 3Acc 2%DW
18Att 2%DW
11Acc 13Att 5%Crit Rate
3Acc 14Att 1%Crit Rate
6Chr 19Acc 13Att 2%WSDmg
3Agi 21Att 1%Triple Attack
28Att 4%Crit Rate
7Int -2%PDT
10Dex 9Acc 13Att 3%Crit Dmg
9Att 2%TA
28Att 5sTP

There were more, but unless it was a new stat, I didn't bother writing them down, and didn't start tracking until after Pellucid attempts.

Basically...
Seems the Str,Dex,Agi etc can come from any stone, only 1 15max.
The Acc/Att can come from any stone up to 30max, both stats.

Taupe = Waltz%, Crit Rate, Crit Dmg, Triple Attack, Counter.
Fern = Dual Wield, WS Dmg, -PDT, Crit Rate, Crit Dmg, sTP.
Pellucid = ???
All of these stats seem to cap at 5% max? With the exception being Waltz Potency, which I saw go up to 9%, but likely caps at... 10?
And I never saw more than 4 stats on a single Augment.
So, absolute cap would be...
15Str, 30Acc, 30Att, 5<stat from above> or 10% Waltz.

Waltz Potency should be useless, since we have access to Maxixi Feet with 10% on them already.

I ended up with the 13Str, 30Att, and 4% Crit Dmg, and for my gimp gear, they Spreadsheet out as my best TP feet, unless the Acc from Rawhide is needed, and best WS piece for all 3 of my WSs.
*I just came back and have 0 of the Adhemar or Lustratio stuff, so take this with a grain of salt.

I just manually put in 2-3 of the best options that came up, to see what was best, since there are so many Augments, it's all going to be trial and error it seems.

Hope this helps. If anyone has some Pellucid results to add, I'd appreciate it. Gunna dig through the BG thread shortly.

Edit to add:
Found this on the BG thread for max Augment possibilities.

Utility
Counter: Up to +5
Critical Hit Rate: Up to +5%
Critical Hit Damage: Up to +5%
Triple Attack: Up to +4
Physical Damage Taken: Up to -5%
Magic Damage Taken: Up to -5%
Damage Taken: Up to -2%
Dual Wield: Up to +6
Waltz Potency: Up to +11%
Weapon Skill Damage: Up to +3%
Store TP: Up to +6

Phoenix.Brixy said: »
Dashing Subligar gives a 30 second blink after using waltz. Seems to only absorb 1 attack. Could be useful to buffer a shadow for high tier single nukes with a waltz I or something.

Am i correct in understanding that this item is R/X? Meaning if you can't make it, you can't have it?
Appears you need well over 80 Smithing for successful synth...
I see a break at 70 w/support, a break at 85, a break at 90, and a success at 97 with katron and Advanced Support...
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Brixy 2015-11-23 01:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently the only way is to level smithing to 100 until someone finds a synergy for it(if there even is one). I had nothing better to do so I went from 0-97 smithing to make it since there is a campaign for synthesis going on. Seems weird that SE would force you into a craft because of a rare/ex item.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-23 01:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

From my ~ 12k stones so far, Taupe can get attributes (STR/DEX/AGI etc) up to 15; pellucid can get stats (acc/atk) up to 40; fern can get bonus augments (TA/DW/STP) up to 4,6, and 6, respectively.

I've also seen crazy rare instances where stones other than pellucid can get stats above the typical 30, but it's literally less than 2% (approximation).
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-11-23 08:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cambion, if you look at the buff icons you'll notice that SE was too lazy to add Finishing Moves 6, 7, 8, or 9. We get Finishing Move 5 and then 6+. That's the problem with your code.

Replace your ['Finishing Move 6'] with ['Finishing Move (6+)'], delete ['Finishing Move 7'], and your code will probably work.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Server: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-11-24 02:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So far, I am not convinced by the augments on Herculean: Too much has to happen at the same time in order to obsolete what I have, especially when accuracy is not an issue. When it is, strong accuracy augments on Herculean can open up more offensive options for other slots.

Accuracy plus some possibly good "keyword stat" would be The Good Thingâ„¢ for me, but the game doesn't really agree with me there. I'll rather use stones on Merlinic/Chironic for my lolSCH.

/edit: It's difficult to say what you should accept and what you should decline, but in general, you want to prioritise Triple Attack (+3% or more) and Accuracy on TP gear. WS-specific stats can be better than Triple Attack, e. g. Critical Hit Rate+/Damage+ for Evisceration and WSD+ (or Critical Hit Damage+ when CF'd) for Rudra's Storm. Generally, you want your augments to be Taeon-esque, just on steroids. Better "keyword stat" > better Acc/Atk > base stats.

Aside: Gawd, I need to update this *** guide already!

tl;dr: Whenever I have enough motivation (and guilt) stored up to do so, working with ffxiah.com gets rid of all of that and I'm back on my couch.

By Elizabet 2015-11-24 03:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

For my dnc, Herculean is proving to make a very decent pdt set without sacrificing too much actually.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-11-24 03:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Elizabet said: »
For my dnc, Herculean is proving to make a very decent pdt set without sacrificing too much actually.

This might be the "best" use case for Herculean, because it's something unique that current gear does not cover. Which also means its competitors are from a time long gone, namely Iuitl/Qaaxo.

inb4 Onca Suit.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-11-24 06:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What gear are the 'Elite' Dnc using right now, Skudo/Byrth?

I'd have to dig harder into min/maxing the gear I'm unfamiliar with. (Read: All New Abjuration Gear)

But using Apex Crabs, Hume, Sam sub...
Trust Buffs: Arciela+Joachim = Haste 2, March 2 and Madrigal 1.
Taming Sari x2 (I know you guys have Terps, so bear with us peasants)

I input Herculean with
A: 15Str, 30Acc, 30Att and no 4th Augment.
B: 15Dex, 30Acc, 30Att and no 4th Augment.

This resulted in, Body and Hands, being best TP pieces, with feet being very close to Rawhide, and oddly enough Horos +1 still up there. (is Closed position working? Horos+1 Feet don't change DPS when turning Closed position from 0 to 1?)
The above 2 pieces, combined with max Dampening Tam, and Samnuha Tights, eating Red Curry Bun and still capping accuracy. 1220 with the Str set, 1242 with the Dex set.

Some of the +1 Abjuration gear was better I think, but I'll have to go through it all tomorrow. I assume if I added 4% Triple Attack to all 5 pieces, the Head, Body, Hands, and Feet would all be Best in Slot. Legs can't make up the ground though, Max Samnuha are amazing it seems.

If Max Augs really are 15, 40/40, 4% then that could be another 40 Acc and Att on top.

Is there something beyond Crabs to be measured or geared against?
I see Skudo mention the UNM. 1200+Hunters(30),Madx2(60?) and Torpor (-50) + Sole+1(81)

Means you needed ~1420 Accuracy to cap?
Dex Set + Sublime would put us at... 1242+100=1342
Honed, Ej, and Eschan would be 1387. If you actually get 40/40 on Augs, you're at 1427 without any outside buffs.

I dunno, just typing outloud, while trying to figure what gear/augments I should be chasing after.

The -PDT set is interesting. All 5 pieces with -5% PDT Aug would be a total of 31%. D.Ring and Vocane put you at 48% without really hindering your DPS relative to alternate options. PDT vs TA augs is another story. As is situations where you are actually tanking, and then 20% TA Aug vs 20% PDT and loss of neck piece? Although today in an Apex Eruca party I was the tank, healer, and Skillchainer for the group. That -PDT set sure would have come in handy, rather than the Hybrid set of just 22% I use. Also against Selkit and his 10 second spam of Hell Scissors.

Anyone have T1 Rei???j???a solo strategies for Dnc?
Timed out on Selkit, because I had to cure so much to survive, that I couldn't deal enough DMG. And the soulflayer simply cast 3k spell on me, might go back /nin and retry both.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-24 06:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The max augments won't be 15/40/40/4, as you can only break the general "cap" on each augment category using stones specific to that category. So, if you want to break the attribute cap, you use Taupe to go from a cap of 10 to a cap of 15. Same goes for Pellucid, Fern, and their respective augments.

For TP, an absurdly good piece will look something like 10DEX/30ACC/30ATT/4TA. Chances of actually obtaining something like that are incredibly slim, however.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-11-24 07:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I found that herculean was unarguably the best Evis set with good augments (crit dmg plus stuff). It also made excellent TP gear with 4% TA, atk/acc, and str.

For PK, adhemar wins in every spot but hands I think. Legs are still Samnuha.

I have hundreds of stones in reserve. Just need a free night to grind out some pieces.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-24 07:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

No mention of HQ Lustratio? Is it good just for Rudra's?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-11-24 07:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, it's definitely good for Rudra's. Actually, I think the hat and feet are good for PK as well. Legs are probably still good for Evisceration.

IIRC the strongest piece of the Herculean set was the hands.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Brixy 2015-11-24 13:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate how random this augment system is. Some of the decent hand augments from 500+ stones (mostly taupe):
[+]
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-11-24 13:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
The max augments won't be 15/40/40/4, as you can only break the general "cap" on each augment category using stones specific to that category. So, if you want to break the attribute cap, you use Taupe to go from a cap of 10 to a cap of 15. Same goes for Pellucid, Fern, and their respective augments.

For TP, an absurdly good piece will look something like 10DEX/30ACC/30ATT/4TA. Chances of actually obtaining something like that are incredibly slim, however.

Forgive me, as I'm just returning.
To make sure I understand this...

Attribute/Parameter/Utility
Taupe Stones = 15/30/30/?
Fern Stones = 10/40/40/?
Pellucid Stones = 10/30/30/?

Is that correct? I can't seem to find numbers that make sense for the Utility slot, when not using Pellucid Stones. 2 and 4? 4 and 6?

BG Thread lists it as:
When you roll these augments, the type of stone you pick favors a higher value in their specific category. Taupe Stones favor the Attribute category, Pellucid Stones favor the Parameter category, and Fern Stones favor the Utility category, meaning that most of the time, you'll see higher values in the category your chosen stone favors.

And as I read through the thread, there are some fairly complex theories on how the Augment 'rolls' are working. But as far as spreadsheet data, and actual augmenting, I guess only the end result matters for now.

Thanks in advance.

Byrth can you share your 'optimal' TP Gearset? Even a SS of your spreadsheet would be fine. Just looking for a baseline to compare against, so I'm not running circles.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-11-24 14:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Pre-Herculean, Apex Crab, capped magic Haste, ignoring all accuracy issues by using all accuracy buffs in existence (without adding other stats):

(Put together in 10 minutes, so I might have missed something.)

Telos Earring is made of Unobtainium for most people, myself included. So is Adhemar +1 all over the place. Use Thaumas Coat for another 4 dps, if you want to.

Realistically, these swaps make for an "easy" yet somewhat close to "optimal" TP gear for uncapped ATK, uncapped fSTR:

Adhemar Bonnet +1 => Adhemar Bonnet
Telos Earring => Cessance Earring
Adhemar Wristbands +1 => Adhemar Wristbands
Adhemar Gamashes +1 => Rawhide Boots D15

Accuracy "issues" usually say you have to use other things though. That's where Herculean starts to have an impact on actual (and relevant) gear choices, IMO.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-11-24 14:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Traupe = 15/30/30/?
Pellucid = 10/40/40/?
Fern = 10/30/30/? (some special augments are boosted)

With Terpsichore, my ideal TP set in highly buffed/debuffed situation is:
Main: Terpsichore 119
Sub: Taming Sari
Ammo: Ginsen
Head: Adhemar +1 Path B
Neck: Asperity
Ear1: Telos
Ear2: Cessance
Body: Herculean (10STR / 30 Acc / 30 Atk / 4% TA)
Hands: Adhemar Wristbands +1 Path B
Ring1: Petrov Ring
Ring2: Epona's Ring
Back: Lupine Mantle
Waist: Windbuffet Belt +1
Legs: Samnuha Tights
Feet: Herculean (10STR / 30 Acc / 30 Atk / 4% TA)

Telos earring pushes us up into a bit of a strange STP place with the accessories. Anyway, this is approximately my goal set for a high buff situation.

At lower attack, Bleating starts to catch up to Lupine but not really a whole hell of a lot changes.

At lower accuracy, you use more of the Herculean set.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-11-24 15:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

And WS sets? I input 10/30/30/4 on all 5 pieces of Herculean. Technically, I have it coming out ahead in capped scenario that Skudo presented, but need to square up the WS sets, to make sure it's a fair comparison.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-11-24 17:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I have little doubt 10/30/30/4 will be the best for TP and 10/30/30/another-WS-specific-capped-thing will be the best for WS.

The thing is, 10/30/30/cap is full of Unobtainium.
[+]
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-11-24 22:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay...

Left set is Herculean: 10Str, 30Acc, 30Att, 4% Triple Attack. (1219DPS)
Middle set is What Skudo Posted as his TP/WS set. (1201DPS)
Right set is the absolute max that I was able to find. (1277DPS)

Herc Body instantly jumps the middle set to 1232 for what it's worth.

I used all Accuracy Buffs possible + Sublime Sushi to eliminate any ACC issues, as Skudo mentioned above. There will likely be some obscure Augment combinations that can beat this, perhaps a sTP build, or some 40/40 acc/att possibilities, or 15Str instead of 10. This is only using Kleos as the WS, I didn't go into each WS set specifically. I also probably missed something, so take it with a grain of salt. It's also for non RME-A? owners too.

While Skudo is right, that perfect 10/30/30/4 is a pipe dream, for most of us, I assume +1 Adhemar & +1 Lustratio is even less likely. *I'm just guessing, but I assume it's ~20M a piece for the Vexed?

For those curious like me, sacrificing the 4% TA (x4) for -5% PDT (x4) in the Left set above, is (1057DPS) for a loss of (162DPS). You lose 16% Triple Attack, and gain -20% PDT.

For pants though, since Samnuha beat them in both TP and WS, they'll make a nice PDT item for a hybrid set. Although the 5% Crit Damage for Rudra's is hard to pass up.

If I get really bored, I might compare my current PDT set to a Herc set with JUST PDT augs and see what the difference is. The Hands/Legs/Head/Feet are easy enough to farm, that technically have 2 of each is feasible, like Taeon was/is.

After obtaining Herc Head, Hands, and Feet this week, am I correct in my current belief that Fern Stones are the most likely to give us 10Str/30Acc/30Att/4%TA?

I've got a bunch of Pellucid & Taupe, but I'm thinking it might be best to sell them and purchase Fern. Or am I off base, anyone care to chime in with some Herc Aug results/experience?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-11-24 22:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Adhemar body +1 has been quoted at 300mil to me.

Also yes, I believe that is correct about Fern stones. Those appear to be the ones we want.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-11-24 22:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for finding an error in the spreadsheet: There is nothing like a "Caro Ring". It's a wrong entry, representing Caro Necklace.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-11-24 22:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skudo said: »
Thank you for finding an error in the spreadsheet: There is nothing like a "Caro Ring". It's a wrong entry, representing Caro Necklace.

Fixed above with Apate/Epona's for 2 less DPS.

So, I just got done throwing even more stones at Herc gear.
If you're looking for WS pieces, or Climactic Rudra pieces more specifically, I think Pellucid? is your best chance at Str or Dex 30Acc/Att and Crit Damage. Pellucid is the one that allows Acc/Att to go to... 40, I think? I need to take better notes.

If you want a TP or all around WS piece, with 10/30/30Triple Attack, Fern is the best bet. Fern also seems to be the -PDT MDT or -DT as well.

Taupe lets you get 15 of an attribute, 30/30 and then... I see Waltz come up a lot, Crit Dmg, few counter, and crit rate.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-24 22:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Fern almost exclusively for when I'm building TP pieces and I use Taupe for when I'm trying to build WS items, as the chance at 5 extra main stat will most likely perform better than that last TA or crit rate/DMG.

Vexed pieces shouldn't cost you any more than 5m a piece, and most will be far less than that. Jinxed, however, will be kidnapping your wallet, locking it in a secluded room for days on end, and bludgeoning it to near-death at least once a day.
[+]
By Ulthakptah 2015-11-25 14:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Turns out the dashing subligar was meant to be SU instead of Rare/Ex and they are removing the tag in the December update.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-11-26 18:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like a Skinflayer with DMG+20, TA+2%, and some high enough (STR+ or DEX+) potentially is a better main-hand than a capped Sari. Add Accuracy or Attack, depending on your use case.

It might even be more attainable than such a Sari.

/edit: Powered by Taupe Stone.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Brixy 2015-12-03 06:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This augment system is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. They need to at the very least guarantee the augment slots if the rolls are going to be as random as they are. I've had so many good rolls be ruined by 1 slot being terrible or not even there at all.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-12-10 02:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Spreadsheet's been updated. https://goo.gl/tk10gx

Lacklustre update, nothing worthwhile to be attained for DNC. Unless you have Adhemar +1, that is. Then, it's a somewhat nice update for you. ;-p

I still don't know how much sense it makes to include augmented Herculean armour to the spreadsheet, mostly because they are so diverse and random, so knowing that 10/30/30/4 (or whatever the exact caps are) is slightly better than NQ Adhemar - or something else for that matter - isn't really helpful...
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-12-10 03:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The way I do it in my spreadsheet I leave a "blank" entry for Herculean with default stats, and then I create multiple ones (even just temporary, without saving the spreadsheet) with custom adds and compare to see how much of an increase each augment are.

Kinda annoyed I gave up a very cool Aug the other day, underestimating its impact on dps just because I was aiming for something else... Wish I kept it but it's too late now lol

It was AGI+10, Acc+7, Att+41, Crit Hit +3%
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 80 81 82